+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is your Android smartphone battery dying out quickly?

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb Is your Android smartphone battery dying out quickly?

If one has found that one's Android operating system smartphone's batter appears to be getting drained more frequently, or that one's data use has gone UP without actually downloading anything more, quite possibly one has been experiencing a MALWARE app that one got from the official Google Store...

22 apps have been identified which are using a type of autoclick-bait built-in-software which fraudulently makes it seem that the smartphone owner is clicking on ads within an application.

These apps besides just clicking on ads that one "never clicked on", and draining one's battery due to the frequent use of the smartphone contacting its data servers ... the apps are getting payloads from the "designated ad code server" to show a whole host of additional ads one's never clicked on, thereby the APP code developer gets paid from the clients having "viewed" the ad (you've seen ad-banners in "free app software", each time that ad is clicked on a bit of money gets into an account for the developer hosting that 'ad')...

These aps are even running when you shut them down.. It's malware and deceptive according to Sophos who found this package of malwares.

The full article HERE - https://news.sophos.com/en-us/2018/1...d-fake-iphone/

These are the apps which one may have put on their Android smartphone:
    • Sparkle FlashLight
    • Snake Attack
    • Math Solver
    • ShapeSorter
    • Tak A Trip
    • Magnifeye
    • Join Up
    • Zombie Killer
    • Space Rocket
    • Neon Pong
    • Just Flashlight
    • Table Soccer
    • Cliff Diver
    • Box Stack
    • Jelly Slice
    • AK Blackjack
    • Color Tiles
    • Animal Match
    • Roulette Mania
    • HexaFall
    • HexaBlocks
    • PairZap

At least 3 of the companies producing the above also have similar apps for the iPhone. Sophos says those companies don't appear to be using the malware code on those smartphones.

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,256 times in 1,040 posts

Default Re: Is your Android smartphone battery dying out quickly?

Aside from the malware connection, the Samsung S9 had initial complaints about the battery dying out quickly when it was released last February, but that was supposed to have been addressed with an August update.

Dave - Toronto

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bob (8th December 2018), Pam (8th December 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,280 times in 1,435 posts

What better way to keep us upgrading regularly?
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bob (8th December 2018), Pam (8th December 2018), Spellbound (8th December 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 times in 173 posts

I had an Iphone 4S that I used for four years. Then I upgraded to an Iphone 6S that is my current mobile phone. But Apple forced several upgrades of the IOS operating system and instead of slowing down the IPHONE now my battery goes flat at 14:30h everyday living myself without mobile phone for the rest of the day. So I thought of changing my next mobile phone to a Sansung but I read an article not long ago that Apple and Sansung were being acused of slowing down their mobile phones deilerately to force users to upgrade to the newest model. The price of a mobile phone in poor coutries is in dollars and can represent the salary of a whole month or several months depending on the salary range.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prc For This Post:

Bob (8th December 2018), cursichella1 (12th December 2018), Spellbound (8th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread