Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast

Thread: "I can't keep up any more." The world of Future Shock is already here

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

Default Re: "I can't keep up any more." The world of Future Shock is already here

I remember reading that book when it first came out. At the time, it seemed pretty speculative to me, although even then things seemed to be speeding up some.

By the time this song came out (1993), though, I really did perceive the phenom happening, and thought, "jeesh - that song nails it!"
    I was starting to feel really sorry for the children, who were having their time overly scheduled, with less and less time for imagination, dreaming, and play.
    Information itself had become the commodity of power and control.

The concept of Timewave Zero below (recorded in 1998) is probably another version of this same concept.

I do wonder about the outcome of all this for humanity, and what we will evolve to next.
    Figure all we can do is trust, roll with the punches, contribute what we can, and as I like to say "Hold onto your Hat!"
    These truly are amazing times.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Anka (29th September 2020), Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Franny (29th September 2020), Harmony (29th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (29th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Default Re: "I can't keep up any more." The world of Future Shock is already here

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Who's starting to really feel this now?
    Yep, its so intense that I really don't know how to keep up myself the last two weeks. I still try, but there is a weird squashing energy messing with me. I feel like I can't connect to 'the other side' properly, and I'm having a lot of trouble processing information. My memory feels like I've been zapped by an MIB neuralyzer. I've gone from being able to see the view of everything that's going on from the top of a mountain, to lying in a dumpster wondering how I got there.

Trying to climb back up to the mountain peak, but something really strange is going on energetically. Does anybody else feel like this? There is also a larger signal to noise ratio with all the drama going on in the world, of course, but something really heavy is spiritually sitting on me personally, and others have reported the same feeling to me in private.
    Last edited by 7alon; 29th September 2020 at 07:59.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (29th September 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), Franny (29th September 2020), Harmony (29th September 2020), Icare (29th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (29th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Peace in Oz (29th September 2020), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), twin fig (5th October 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #103
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,754 times in 2,614 posts

Quote Posted by 7alon (here)

Yep, its so intense that I really don't know how to keep up myself the last two weeks. I still try, but there is a weird squashing energy messing with me. I feel like I can't connect to 'the other side' properly, and I'm having a lot of trouble processing information. My memory feels like I've been zapped by an MIB neuralyzer. I've gone from being able to see the view of everything that's going on from the top of a mountain, to lying in a dumpster wondering how I got there.

Trying to climb back up to the mountain peak, but something really strange is going on energetically. Does anybody else feel like this? There is also a larger signal to noise ratio with all the drama going on in the world, of course, but something really heavy is spiritually sitting on me personally, and others have reported the same feeling to me in private.
    Hey 7alon, I love your description. I can feel something similar, my memory also feels zapped at times and some unexplainable environmental energy change. I am experiencing time differently too sporadiclly.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

7alon (29th September 2020), Anka (29th September 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), Icare (29th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (29th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

Yes, I feel there's a kind of dense "cluttering" going on, a little like a cup or bowl being filled too full and then overflowing. I take outdoor timeouts every day to rebalance, which feel increasingly valuable.

The way this manifests for me personally is that it often feels there's just too much to do, so I need to prioritize carefully, managing my time and energy like a valuable limited resource. I often come across material or ideas that I'd like to share on the forum, but there's just too much of it, so quite a few things don't get posted... it feels it'd take too much time to do it properly.

8. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

7alon (29th September 2020), Anka (29th September 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2020), Eva2 (13th January 2021), Harmony (29th September 2020), Icare (29th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kate (29th September 2020), kudzy (29th September 2020), Lilybee8 (2nd October 2020), Michi (29th September 2020), palehorse (13th January 2021), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), sunwings (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Yoda (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Quote Posted by Harmony (here)

Hey 7alon, I love your description. I can feel something similar, my memory also feels zapped at times and some unexplainable environmental energy change. I am experiencing time differently too sporadiclly.
    Thanks . Yes time is doing weird things for me as well. I also do agree with Bill's sense of cluttering. And I also agree about how many things there are to share. I would like to share more information, but my brain is overloaded just from trying to take in everything that is happening, let alone writing it up for others to see. As a matter of fact, I haven't been keeping up with ufology anywhere near as much as I should be, especially now of all times.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2020), Harmony (4th October 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kate (29th September 2020), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

11. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

I’ve felt disconnected for too many months to count. I’ve mostly stopped trying to put focus on things that were once important. The only thing I do is go with the flow, fortunately I’m able because my time is my own. As mentioned elsewhere, the 24 hour days are now more like 12-15 hours.

I’ve finally stopped the incessant drive to know and learn. Rather my goal is to simply be present in the day to day things like dishes, laundry, walks, healthful foods and drink and slow deep breathing.

The last couple of weeks, negative memories pop up are acknowledged and released without fanfare.

I've mostly stopped actively connecting with what comes into my field of vision, thoughts, people and the like, ie “psychic stuff”, but the synch continue to flow. The latest was on Friday when Scott, the carpenter, stopped by for final measurements on the outside deck stairs. I said that some were beginning to split in places. And as if on cue, a piece of wood that secures the stair underneath dropped to the ground. He was a bit taken back by the timing and that it came from the stair that I had pointed out. 

I took a few notes from a video I caught a week or so ago. I have reservations to add because many prefer science and proof but for me the world is rich with the unexplained. It’s from a group that shares what’s happening to them, their friends, family and co-workers. Their view on things is that we’re transitioning from here to where our next adventure takes us.

In many respects I feel the same. Whether the ‘new place’ is here or elsewhere, it’s a continuation of what I’ve lived for years. I don’t recognize what I see across the news channels. That chaos is a place out of time. One that I’m not a part of nor can I ever see living in that space.

Notes:
    What might be the symptoms of the pull? Everything we've talked about so far this year. The physical stuff, the emotional stuff, the disconnecting, the boredom. All of it. It’s all symptoms of the pull.

It it feels like a seamless process rather than a this, then that, then this, then that. It just feels like it's going to flow more.

We’re in the out of phase space until Halloween.

Anyone else energy flattened most of August? Yeah. I think that's part of that whole there’s no life left here anymore feeling.

I also do know people who have had injuries, disabilities, chronic for a long long time that are actually healed.

My bottom line is that everything feels really good and just you know be mindful of what you're giving your energy to. If you’ve got any left to give. And if you do find yourself reacting see it as an opportunity to see where the construct still got a hook in you and then clear that clearer program. It’s an individual inside job. Now more than ever be in your heart, follow your gut, your intuition and try to enjoy your final moments.

We are all making a declaration about who we are, our own sovereignty, what we are our choices and we're doing that in every little moment. We’re doing that with our actions, our words and our hearts. That’s what this is all about. We call it the great awakening. And it's even though this is a mind virus that we're purging, the awakening doesn't seem to so much matter in the mind. It matters in the heart. It’s the hearts that are awakening. And it doesn't matter what you get or don't get. How much you learn. How much you realize. The awakening is…the mind is at home and the heart is here.

I think some aspects of us have already gone home. How many of you feel like you are less and less here? So it's like we're going home. We’re transferring the file that we are, home bit by bit, data point by data point. Extracting what we can, when we can.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th September 2020 at 16:21.

12. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

7alon (29th September 2020), Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Brigantia (29th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), gord (4th October 2020), greybeard (29th September 2020), Harmony (4th October 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kate (29th September 2020), Lilybee8 (2nd October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (29th September 2020), Phoenix1304 (29th September 2020), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Savannah (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

13. Link to Post #107
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Im quite surprised when I wake in the morning and not too pleased that I am --smiling.
    Wear the world like a loose garment is more appropriate than ever.
    I observe the madness.
    Chris

Ps My son when he was in university was quite excited about the future and told me what would happen, not owning cars , not having to work, living income, AI technology, how we would be connected to it, and think up what we wanted and i would be delivered and a lot more besides.

I think some university students were indoctrinate into this "belief" years ago.
    They were not told the cost in human freedom.
    Perhaps they are unsettled now or not as the case might be.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 29th September 2020 at 14:48.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

7alon (30th September 2020), Brigantia (29th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), Harmony (4th October 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kate (29th September 2020), Lilybee8 (2nd October 2020), palehorse (13th January 2021), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

Captain Rock: To the Future Shock!

Not relevant apart from the title........ But why not!!

May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th January 2021), Harmony (4th October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    I’ve felt disconnected for too many months to count. I’ve mostly stopped trying to put focus on things that were once important. The only thing I do is go with the flow, fortunately I’m able because my time is my own. As mentioned elsewhere, the 24 hour days are now more like 12-15 hours.

I’ve finally stopped the incessant drive to know and learn. Rather my goal is to simply be present in the day to day things like dishes, laundry, walks, healthful foods and drink and slow deep breathing.

The last couple of weeks, negative memories pop up are acknowledged and released without fanfare.

I've mostly stopped actively connecting with what comes into my field of vision, thoughts, people and the like, ie “psychic stuff”, but the synch continue to flow. The latest was on Friday when Scott, the carpenter, stopped by for final measurements on the outside deck stairs. I said that some were beginning to split in places. And as if on cue, a piece of wood that secures the stair underneath dropped to the ground. He was a bit taken back by the timing and that it came from the stair that I had pointed out. 

[snip]
    Update: I just went out to check the newly refurbish deck before the crew took off. Scott, the carpenter, placed this heart at the bottom of the stairs. Years ago, I buried it as part of a closure ceremony for my son’s passing.

Time for the heart to come home. ♡

Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st February 2023 at 15:33.

18. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

7alon (30th September 2020), Alecs (23rd October 2020), avid (29th September 2020), Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Brigantia (29th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2020), Gracy (29th September 2020), greybeard (29th September 2020), Harmony (4th October 2020), Hym (29th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Lilybee8 (2nd October 2020), pyrangello (29th September 2020), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Savannah (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), Sunray (25th October 2020), william r sanford72 (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #110
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I feel we are at a major fork in the road and it scares the beejeebees out of me, if I don't contain it.

I find myself holding my breath, waiting for what comes next. Soon we'll know whether we get to go on with this crazy world or whether we get a new lease on life - and a fresh breath of air!

In our home we call it the apocaclipse, or any other distorted variation. We're as ready as is practical, but we'd rather forgo the entire drama and jump right into a more authentic lifestyle. Either way we are on the way out, but I'd like to see a nice world left behind for my daughter, her kin, and for the peoples of the world.

For me it is my sensibilities that have been ravaged to the point where I am almost numb. I, on the one hand cannot believe this is happening, and on the other I am relieved that it finally has. After all, my life has been about warning others of this very act of impending doom. I find I get little pleasure from being right. In fact, I am rather angry about it.

Ya, my strongest emotion in response to this plandemic is a great deal of anger and frustration. But rising above that is a satisfaction knowing that there is now no arguing that...the game is afoot!

edit to add: the frustration comes mostly from not being able to communicate the many loose threads that are now coming together, completing a comprehensive picture of the giant conspiracy we live as our lives. There are too many connections coming together all at once! One could write a book about each one!
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 29th September 2020 at 17:24.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

20. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

7alon (30th September 2020), Alecs (23rd October 2020), Beren (12th January 2021), Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Brigantia (29th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ewan (5th November 2020), Gracy (29th September 2020), greybeard (30th September 2020), Harmony (4th October 2020), Hym (2nd October 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), palehorse (13th January 2021), pyrangello (29th September 2020), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Savannah (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 times in 2,086 posts

Hang in there Ernie , Years ago I went thru a dramatic shift, In 1995 /96 I was making big bucks, employed over 50 people in my company, summer cottage, all the toys, vacation, family ect. All just being a bit over 30 years old. Then the house of cards crashed, Lost my business, home, family, Income, and then was sued for 2 years following and I didn't have any money pushing me deeper into the hole of 3k a month in attorney bills. Had people looking for me to do me harm, and on and on. they stole my ideas for products and all during this time I just kept telling myself its going to get better and one day i'll be sitting back having a beer and go wow what a ride that was. And yes that day did happen. After loosing everything and I mean everything you get to take a perspective on when your at the bottom as you have nothing else more to loose except your being here on earth. But you know what, being at the bottom really gives you deep appreciation of whats really important and that everything right in front of you and within yourself. There's many more good people on this earth than the pieces of shxx people here that have a media platform making things seem like its just horrible out there. Remind yourself of that positive energy out there and hang onto it. Will be OK, I can assure you of that.

22. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

7alon (30th September 2020), Bill Ryan (29th September 2020), Brigantia (29th September 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), fifi (13th January 2021), Gracy (29th September 2020), Harmony (4th October 2020), Hym (2nd October 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (13th January 2021), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kate (29th September 2020), Lilybee8 (2nd October 2020), mokosh (30th September 2020), palehorse (13th January 2021), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (29th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th September 2020), wondering (29th September 2020), Zanshin (29th September 2020)

23. Link to Post #112
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Hopefully, our time on both this forum, and in this general environment, has been utilized as a sort of training session for turbulent times much as for study, and research. The house built on a firm foundation so to speak.

Many probably will be torn apart upon these swirling 4 winds if not properly prepared and grounded, there is no quick fix or substitute for this "training". So I reckon what I would say to you in this time now Ernie, as a veteran of this, is that it's probably time to go within, trust your instincts, most of all trust yourself, and let go of all fear to the best of your ability. Fear and anger can both make our worst nightmares come true.

The same goes for anyone and everyone. Maybe this is "the time", or maybe it's not, but at the very least it can be a good practice run for the real deal. "This could be a good time!"

I always especially liked this line of the Hopi Prophecy, and it looks very applicable right now:

Quote Then he clasped his hands together, smiled, and said, “This could be a good time! There is a river flowing now very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart and will suffer greatly. Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water.

And I say, see who is in there with you and celebrate. At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves. For the moment that we do, our spiritual growth and journey come to a halt.
    https://clinicalaffairs.umn.edu/covi...de-hopi-elders

24. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,522 times in 32,788 posts

A little commentary here, thinking aloud, just to bump the thread.

When people are affected by Future Shock, they often just get overwhelmed and maybe even confused. Then the reaction to that is that they kind of start to shut down.

They contract into a smaller personal universe, as if self-medicating. Like a dog hiding under the table in a corner chewing its soft toy for a while.

So they often eat, or drink, or fall into video games, or latch on to small things which are comfortable, or only read articles or follow news feeds which are easy to absorb or deal with.

(A little healthier may be other ways to break the stress — like gardening, hiking, yoga, meditation, or really any creative activity at all. )

To keep the biggest picture in view is very UNcomfortable. On Avalon, we definitely do that, but we also provide balance with music, aesthetics, wildlife & natural beauty, humor, remarkable personal stories, and so on. That's so very important. Like taking a break for a little chocolate and a hot drink, pausing to admire the awesome view while on a difficult and strenuous mountain climb.*

Some members, like determined wolves on the hunt, can't always easily do that. So between us all, we somehow have to balance all that out. Fortunately, that's always been one of Avalon's great strengths, encompassing every part of the human experience.

* Note to self: I really do have to share one very funny story about that sometime, but not on this thread.

25. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (23rd October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (23rd October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (27th October 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), fifi (13th January 2021), Harmony (23rd October 2020), justntime2learn (23rd October 2020), kudzy (24th October 2020), Mare (23rd October 2020), palehorse (13th January 2021), Reinhard (23rd October 2020), RunningDeer (13th January 2021), Sarah Rainsong (23rd October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd October 2020), wondering (23rd October 2020), Yoda (23rd October 2020)

26. Link to Post #114
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Bill / great observation as well as a reminder to us all . Avalon is as diverse in its variety of topics ,as it is in its diversity of people, gender ,Country, location , age, , ethnicity and opinion. it truly is what the members and visitors make and take from it.
    People here are tolerant of varying opinions and I credit you and the moderators for keeping it a wonderful resource for 10 years and counting.
    The best on the net.

27. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Alecs (23rd October 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd October 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Charles Harris (24th October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (27th October 2020), Ewan (5th November 2020), Harmony (23rd October 2020), justntime2learn (23rd October 2020), palehorse (13th January 2021), pueblo (23rd October 2020), pyrangello (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021), Sadieblue (12th January 2021), Sarah Rainsong (23rd October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2020), Sunray (25th October 2020)

28. Link to Post #115
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Dear Autumn W: Thank you for giving me a very satisfying, lengthy belly laugh complete with tears to your cleverly worded post. Hope you are well.
    To those others above: With all of you taking off to the Forest my response is, "Where is it?" Most of the USA as seen on the internet looks as though it was formerly the bottom of the SEA. That should make it rich with minerals and good for growing healthy crops. Just try to buy any of it, impossible. It is time to have people walk out of the horrible cities and commandeer the land as once they did, and recreate the life of yesteryear. It is not an easy life, but with more knowledge today it could be more comfortable. Small units of population in towns where people interact as they formerly did is a healthier way to live instead of being herded into pens in cities to be slaughtered by 5G radiation so that the Fourth Reich can have the Earth to themselves. That is their plot folks.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Harmony (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021)

30. Link to Post #116
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Thanks to thepainterdoug for starting the subject of not enough time to get through it all. My advice is to move to a small community in North Central Florida which it appears is less crowded, and except for two weeks in February the weather is bearable.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th January 2021), Harmony (13th January 2021), palehorse (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021)

32. Link to Post #117
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

This year, I have faced extraordinary physical,challenges and have learned to trust my body’s innate wisdom. I have no doubt that many here are more advanced in their spiritual paths. They remain focused and positive in the face of an extremely challenging time. I speak for those a little less accomplished. It’s ok if you are feeling stuck, angry, frustrated, unhappy, and quarrelsome at times. Those feelings aren’t you, they’re emotions being experienced by you. You are not alone.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Harmony (13th January 2021), mokosh (13th January 2021), palehorse (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021)

34. Link to Post #118
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I recall Terence McKenna speaking about the increasing speed of everything, information and 'Novelty', we are at this point it seems to me.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (13th January 2021), Catsquotl (13th January 2021), Harmony (13th January 2021), Operator (13th January 2021), palehorse (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021)

36. Link to Post #119
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    I recall Terence McKenna speaking about the increasing speed of everything, information and 'Novelty', we are at this point it seems to me.

Seems like a golden opportunity to practice discernment. this I do want to engage with, that I don't.
    Do you have a link where he speaks or writes about it?
    Terrence on information and novelty sounds like something I do want to spend a little more time with.

With Love
    Eelco

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Harmony (13th January 2021), Operator (13th January 2021), palehorse (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021)

38. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    ---
    Terrence on information and novelty sounds like something I do want to spend a little more time with.

With Love
    Eelco
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

Quote Died April 3, 2000 (aged 53)

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th January 2021), Catsquotl (13th January 2021), Harmony (13th January 2021), RunningDeer (13th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast