+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: "I can't keep up any more." The world of Future Shock is already here

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Default Re: "I can't keep up any more." The world of Future Shock is already here

Hi Bill and Avalonians

Thread title sums up my feeling over the past several years.

Some of it is just surviving 60+ years on this planet, when I started work there weren’t even electric typewriters, let alone computers, I can remember setting up a VCR for my mother who was completely overwhelmed trying to keep up with the tech!. The accelerated rate of change for our generation has been even more confounding, I tried to keep up, but once I left the workplace without the 20 somethings to keep me in the loop, I too find myself struggling to keep up. And it’s the tech. that makes possible the information overload.

On the one hand, I am thrilled by it, encyclopaedias at the fingertips, access to a customised education of my choice, being able to virtually walk the streets of just about anywhere on the planet is just so fantastic, though hardly thrilling to the young. It used to take six weeks for me to exchange letters with my family when I lived in Australia! When I saw the movie 2001 in my youth (when we were still on wired landlines)I was blown away by the scene where he speaks, basically, on Skype to his family on earth and now we have that tech in our hands. We’ve seen sci fi become reality and a quantum leap in the rate of change. It’s been awesome, but then there’s the downside.

The widely used Wikipedia now revealed to be a completely unreliable source of information. The purveyors of disinformation now have the ultimate medium with the internet. You can’t be sure of the veracity of anything you see or read. The camera has never lied so much! In the fields of our interest so many people are jumping on the bandwagon and making a business of it, I actually find it nauseating.

You’re quite right that Dolan and Howe are losing audience like me, I skip past their tweets inviting me to view yet another hour and a half vid, too often discussing questions I’ve asked for decades and not providing any more interesting speculation than I can come up with myself. Greer lost me after Sirius and the Dark Journalist’s long treatises on Ouspensky, Gurdjieff, Steiner and Theosophy, also explored in my youth, just got boring. Thankfully, I’ve learnt to trust my nose with the likes of Goode, Wilcock, Fulford and Q. Like others, my energy these days is too precious to waste.

I don’t mean to sound like a know-it-all because who could, in a thousand lifetimes, read, view or digest it all? An all-encompassing ‘Knowing’ I suggest is something quite other and of a spiritual nature, that cannot be written or explained, only known.

It would be fair to say, I’ve simply lost interest in keeping up. Maybe I’m one of those Mr Toffler predicted would retreat to a corner and focus on what’s nearby, but perhaps there’s a spiritual evolution happening for a lot of us, where all of the noise becomes irrelevant.

On that note, may I leave you all with my quote of the moment that comes (allegedly, how can we know anything for sure ) from Long Chen Pa, it bangs a gong in me in any case.

“Since everything in Life is but an experience, perfect in being what it is; having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection; one may well burst out in laughter.”

Happy Holidays y’all.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

aoibhghaire (15th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), ClearWater (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Delight (15th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Franny (17th December 2018), HaveBlue (17th December 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (26th December 2018), Mari (8th January 2019), Nasu (16th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Orph (15th December 2018), Pam (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), Ratszinger (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Sue (Ayt) (20th August 2019), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,260 times in 1,397 posts

Default Re: "I can't keep up any more." The world of Future Shock is already here

I've been watching this guy here for some time now and find his channel deeply therapeutic and relaxing. Somewhere along the way I think we all forgot how to live, well, how to really live in touch with the earth. I love this channel for his bringing me back at least in my mind for a time even if I don't get much time to go out and play in the dirt myself.

The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

aoibhghaire (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Franny (17th December 2018), genevieve (18th December 2018), justntime2learn (26th December 2018), Mari (8th January 2019), Nasu (16th December 2018), Pam (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

-

Indeed, Here's the really big problem. I can't keep up.

Fill-in for Politics any other thread topic.

[IMG] free photo hosting[/IMG]

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

aoibhghaire (15th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Franny (17th December 2018), HaveBlue (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (26th December 2018), Mari (8th January 2019), Nasu (16th December 2018), Pam (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Satori (15th December 2018), sllim11 (15th December 2018), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

It's the "left-brain" thing that can't keep up, and feels it's skimming. I worry less and less about that aspect now. I have a feeling it's supposed to happen, before we can really get out of this so called matrix.

My intuition is growing as my analytical brain is fading away, or failing to keep up. I'm still on line and sniffing or skimming but I could very easily abandon the internet if not for the email service I use.

I suppose I'm quite lucky in that I don't have much of an intellectual ego. Nowadays, I'm happiest when I have an 'empty head'.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

aoibhghaire (15th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Jayke (15th December 2018), justntime2learn (26th December 2018), Mari (8th January 2019), Nasu (16th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Pam (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Satori (15th December 2018), sllim11 (15th December 2018), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Yep, I too gave up on watching/listening to videos a while back, having "watched" the "Alt News" go from campfire stories, once a year to every:
    • Semester
    • trimester
    • month
    • two weeks
    • week
    • couple of days
    • day
    • hour (CNN-loop type)
    • 24/7 live chat/streaming...
    In olden days, the struggle was about finding a publisher with guts enough to publish some "controversial" author... now it's: "How not to drown in a sea oceans of non-sense?"

It used to be that factual research set milestones on the road to "truth"... now these milestones are replaced with wandering sand dunes and mirages...
    Last edited by Hervé; 15th December 2018 at 12:27.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

10. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

aoibhghaire (15th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Chip (15th December 2018), ClearWater (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), greybeard (15th December 2018), Jad (26th December 2018), justntime2learn (26th December 2018), Nasu (16th December 2018), norman (15th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Pam (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Satori (15th December 2018), Sue (Ayt) (20th August 2019), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), william r sanford72 (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Arak (here)
    There is quite simple solution for this: 1st. It helps to understand how we are wired, pretty simple psychology you know. 2nd. Fomo, dopamin addiction, positive feedback loops and especially ADT. 3rd. When understanding these, start limiting online-time and the problems should start to vanish in a few days or so. 4th. But folks, be warned: It's pretty much the same like with any addiction; too easy to get back to old bad habits and be as / more addicted than before.
    Stay safe and control your screen time!
    Thanks! I fully agree.

But this isn't about social media or smartphone addiction. That's another problem.

Here's an exact example. I can no longer keep up with Richard Dolan or Linda Howe. Let alone Alex Jones, or anyone who's commenting on 'Qanon'. (I abandoned 'Q' long ago. I want, and only have time for, clear, concise information. There's no time even for the good stuff, let alone cryptic, enticing, go-nowhere riddles.)

There's too much. It never used to be like this.

I'm not an addict. I'm just trying to keep abreast of the subjects I'm interested in. If I turned off my internet for a few days... I'd just be even further behind.
    Ask yourself this. Is the issue that there is so much more vital information or has the information been reformatted, regurgitated and repeated and reinvented, and sometimes modified in new and exciting forms so that those that present it can maintain their presence in whatever area they have established themselves? In simpler and starker terms, have the presenters changed their focus from strictly presenting information to presenting themselves by presenting information, whether it is vital, new or otherwise? At the end of the day, this fits so well with my theory that we are living in the days of corruption of systems. They will continue to corrupt until they implode upon themselves or until people stand up and revolt. I suspect it will take be the first option. How long will that take? Who knows.

Addressing your OP:

Quote And he predicted that many people would go into a kind of 'shock', and would retreat, simply not being able to cope any more. They'd retire into a small personal corner, and focus almost exclusively on what was very near at hand. Very little else.
    Is this really such a bad thing? At the end of the day being present in the moment with the small things of ones personal existence and know what one needs to know. You know the old cliche, we only have this moment. The kind of information that many of have interest in really isn't essential to everyday life. Is it really healthy to become frustrated and maybe a bit anxious because we can't keep up with everything, even though we acknowledge much of it is repeat, sensationalized or outright false? Is that feeling that I don't have enough time to indulge in this activity more and cover all of it a bit of an addiction or at least a compulsion? Would a possible compromise be to allow ourselves a certain amount of time to research information and then stick with the most reliable sources? Doing that we would have to mentally accept that it is simply not going to be possible to look at all the information out there on the chosen topic.

I was listening to a Joseph P. Farrell talk yesterday and I couldn't help but notice how many times he tempted the listener with the "member only" information. He would talk a small amount about a topic and then refer to the "members only", payed site where one could get more information. So what was once given freely is now monetized, and where money enters the picture there will always be the temptation of corrupting the info or dishing it out slowly to keep the viewers coming. I think that falls under the category of monetizing information.
    Last edited by Pam; 15th December 2018 at 14:02.

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

aoibhghaire (16th December 2018), Astute (16th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), ClearWater (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Delight (15th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), greybeard (15th December 2018), Nasu (16th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Orph (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by Phoenix1304 (here)
    Hi Bill and Avalonians

Thread title sums up my feeling over the past several years.

Some of it is just surviving 60+ years on this planet, when I started work there weren’t even electric typewriters, let alone computers, I can remember setting up a VCR for my mother who was completely overwhelmed trying to keep up with the tech!. The accelerated rate of change for our generation has been even more confounding, I tried to keep up, but once I left the workplace without the 20 somethings to keep me in the loop, I too find myself struggling to keep up. And it’s the tech. that makes possible the information overload.

On the one hand, I am thrilled by it, encyclopaedias at the fingertips, access to a customised education of my choice, being able to virtually walk the streets of just about anywhere on the planet is just so fantastic, though hardly thrilling to the young. It used to take six weeks for me to exchange letters with my family when I lived in Australia! When I saw the movie 2001 in my youth (when we were still on wired landlines)I was blown away by the scene where he speaks, basically, on Skype to his family on earth and now we have that tech in our hands. We’ve seen sci fi become reality and a quantum leap in the rate of change. It’s been awesome, but then there’s the downside.

The widely used Wikipedia now revealed to be a completely unreliable source of information. The purveyors of disinformation now have the ultimate medium with the internet. You can’t be sure of the veracity of anything you see or read. The camera has never lied so much! In the fields of our interest so many people are jumping on the bandwagon and making a business of it, I actually find it nauseating.

You’re quite right that Dolan and Howe are losing audience like me, I skip past their tweets inviting me to view yet another hour and a half vid, too often discussing questions I’ve asked for decades and not providing any more interesting speculation than I can come up with myself. Greer lost me after Sirius and the Dark Journalist’s long treatises on Ouspensky, Gurdjieff, Steiner and Theosophy, also explored in my youth, just got boring. Thankfully, I’ve learnt to trust my nose with the likes of Goode, Wilcock, Fulford and Q. Like others, my energy these days is too precious to waste.

I don’t mean to sound like a know-it-all because who could, in a thousand lifetimes, read, view or digest it all? An all-encompassing ‘Knowing’ I suggest is something quite other and of a spiritual nature, that cannot be written or explained, only known.

It would be fair to say, I’ve simply lost interest in keeping up. Maybe I’m one of those Mr Toffler predicted would retreat to a corner and focus on what’s nearby, but perhaps there’s a spiritual evolution happening for a lot of us, where all of the noise becomes irrelevant.

On that note, may I leave you all with my quote of the moment that comes (allegedly, how can we know anything for sure ) from Long Chen Pa, it bangs a gong in me in any case.

“Since everything in Life is but an experience, perfect in being what it is; having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection; one may well burst out in laughter.”

Happy Holidays y’all.
    Phoenix1304, I just wanted to personally say how much I appreciated this post. I have to admit, I have let go of so much of these things that used to occupy so much of my time and mental energy. Life is in this moment, there is so much more satisfaction for me in watching wasps build there nests or a caterpillar it's cocoon, or the hummingbirds feeding from a flower. For me the compulsion of trying to figure things out is entering the acceptance that I am not going to figure things out. I have channeled my endless curiosity into observing the natural world, and into learning new skills.

I have decided that whatever is coming is coming. If it seems to not be beneficial to the majority on the planet and there is something I can do about it, I will. I have made that commitment, now why do I need to worry about it, why strive to figure it out. How well have so many of these so called experts done in figuring it out? I can't count the number of times in the past that I let someone and their supposed prediction or deduction skills, or their interpretation of ancient wisdom influence me to make a decision that was against my best interest, I no longer want or need that influence. I have learned to respect my own intuitive self, and right or wrong, I'm going with that.

14. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

aoibhghaire (16th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Delight (15th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (26th December 2018), Nasu (16th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Orph (15th December 2018), Phoenix1304 (16th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Satori (15th December 2018), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

There was a French Mathematician who worked out the forever accelerating rate of change--inventions etc.
    I cant remember his name or exactly what he said--perhaps some one can supply that information
    To the best of my memory this is the precursor to massive change.

Perhaps Herve can recall.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Icare (14th March 2020), Pam (15th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Ratszinger (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), sllim11 (15th December 2018), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

A desire to understand the truth with ever increasing volumes of partial or deceptive information is like a self-replicating virus and conundrum to the mind – especially truth seekers.
    Hopefully the masses will eventually start to reject certain technologies that ruin our mind

https://www.rt.com/usa/446130-screen-time-kids-study/

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (15th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Forest Denizen (16th December 2018), Franny (17th December 2018), greybeard (15th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Pam (16th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), raregem (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Satori (15th December 2018), Valerie Villars (16th December 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

To Phoenix,

I would like to suggest that wikipedia is a valuable resource.

What it represents is the common understanding of the mass person of events. It basically is a reflection of the official versions of things.
    Just look at JFK page and look for the part where he gets murdered. Clearly it is pushing the official version.

But this is valuable because it is what the narrative is for most people.

The problem is each person is in their own tribe(Q, CNN, Fox, Alex Jones, Repub, Dem, Socialist, Fascist, etc) and each person that is producing content is trying to create their narrative for their group.
    This leads to the problem that Bill brings up in this post. The treadmill of content. It is because these people are trying to stay relevant in their narrative and also make money, because lest we not forget you have to pay to live on this planet of your birth.
    This is one thing I think Bill might consider: Maybe Dolan is tired of barely scraping by and is trying out another means of ROI.

And it is a shame. Content is more ephemeral and means much much less. We value creativity only for the dopamine that it gives because of the newness but once the newness passes we derive no more drug from it. So we look for that next sweet sweet hit.

Which Again I want to bring up the case of this Forum being used by MrGray to do exactly what Bill is talking about with Dolan.

"Stock market gyrations, Google’s China fire. My Take"

That last My take is supposed to be a link which takes you to read this

"What is going on in the stock market?

The volatility and price swings of shares just does not ring true to this veteran market watcher. The year-end market moves this year defy logic. As many economic ##reports — while always questionable, but the only barometer used by the Street — show things are still better than the numbers from the Obama era economic malaise, ##they seem to fall on
    deaf ears.

This type of volatility has to be coming from institutional investors since the gyrations are so violent and sudden. I don’t think the incoming Democratic-controlled ##House is the root, since markets prefer divided government as they’re less likely to get any meaningful regulations through Congress.

Fed chairman Jay Powell needs to step aside and let his previous rate hike work through the economy and see where we stand in six months. Since there are words to ##that effect the Fed will more likely raise rates next week and that is baked into the market, but the language in the press conference will have greater impact.

One theory I believe is that the black box computer trading programs may have reach a critical level where the algorithms control far more shares than human ##decision makers, which gives you markets swing back and forth with more than 500 points in less than an hour on very little news.

Many market pros have their own interpretations, which are rooted in the past, but I think this market is being honed to towards more non-traditional sources of ##“news”. While veteran market makers would here rumors that could create price swings but there was discretion. Now these algorithms may take “rumors” or fake news ##with more seriously
    without discernment.

Does anyone else find it odd that hours after Google CEO Sundar Pichai testified in front of the House Judiciary Committee on a host of issues including the search ##giant developing a censored product for China a fire develops in its offices there.

Breaking: Fire breaks out in Raycom Info Tech Park, which houses Google’s office, in the Zhongguancun technology hub in Beijing, China.

https://twitter.com/PMBreakingNews/s...85088📁

Was the order given to cover tracks on the program called Dragonfly, which was a government-approved search engine for the Chinese market, which is heavily ##censored by Google for access to the market.

On Tuesday Pichai was questioned numerous times during his testimony of censored search. Each time he answered with a variation of “We have no plans at this time ##to launch in China.”

Perhaps that comment is now true since the fire has pushed back the launch of any product."

He has admitted that he is doing this and linking on this site to get traffic to then have a passive income off that site and the through traffic.

Is that what this is about at Avalon?
    Should we all make sites then instead of posting our thoughts here to engage others, we just post links to our WEBZONE?
    Last edited by Praxis; 15th December 2018 at 15:53.

20. Link to Post #31
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

This is scary.

Technological singularity
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The technological singularity (also, simply, the singularity) is the hypothesis that the invention of artificial superintelligence (ASI) will abruptly trigger runaway technological growth, resulting in unfathomable changes to human civilization.

According to this hypothesis, an upgradable intelligent agent (such as a computer running software-based artificial general intelligence) would enter a "runaway reaction" of self-improvement cycles, with each new and more intelligent generation appearing more and more rapidly, causing an intelligence explosion and resulting in a powerful superintelligence that would, qualitatively, far surpass all human intelligence.

Stanislaw Ulam reports a discussion with John von Neumann "centered on the accelerating progress of technology and changes in the mode of human life, which gives the appearance of approaching some essential singularity in the history of the race beyond which human affairs, as we know them, could not continue". Subsequent authors have echoed this viewpoint.

I. J. Good's "intelligence explosion" model predicts that a future superintelligence will trigger a singularity.

Emeritus professor of computer science at San Diego State University and science fiction author Vernor Vinge said in his 1993 essay The Coming Technological Singularity that this would signal the end of the human era, as the new superintelligence would continue to upgrade itself and would advance technologically at an incomprehensible rate.

Four polls, conducted in 2012 and 2013, suggested that the median estimate was a 50% chance that artificial general intelligence (AGI) would be developed by 2040–2050.

In the 2010s, public figures such as Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk expressed concern that full artificial intelligence could result in human extinction. The consequences of the singularity and its potential benefit or harm to the human race have been hotly debated.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 15th December 2018 at 16:24. Reason: added source link
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Astute (16th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Franny (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Pam (16th December 2018), ramus (16th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

22. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

I think something Denzel Washington said near the end of the above video is very much worth repeating: "To get what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done."

I read that in a self-help, inspirational, positive-mental attitude book of some title many years ago. It stuck with me, along with a few other words and thoughts of wisdom. I cannot say that I acted on that thought as much or as often as I should or could have. Maybe I did as best as I am capable of. Maybe not. Who is to say, but perhaps ourselves?

Which makes me think of another important point, to quote another concept I picked up along the way: "It's not what you know that matters, it's what you do with what you know." We should all ask ourselves; have we acted on what we know and done what we can and should do? Have we kept our minds and actions on the things we can and should do, and off the things we cannot or should not do?

Here's to peace and prosperity to all.

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Astute (16th December 2018), avid (15th December 2018), Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Caliban (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Franny (17th December 2018), greybeard (15th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Pam (16th December 2018), ramus (15th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Besides the endless flow of information on mainstream and non-mainstream topics, every job now requires much more capacity to accelerate. For example, the bids I work on, while 10-12 years ago we'd get at least two weeks to submit, now we're lucky if we get four or five days. With the acceleration of our daily lives due to the internet and smart phones, the expectation on workers has gone through the roof.

While there used to be some pleasure in work--even boring work can give you a small high if you feel it was a job well done--that seems to have disappeared. It's now mostly a feeling of relief that you "got done" what you needed to.

At least with media we can still turn it OFF. The sad thing is, computers and internet may have sped up our working lives -- but they've also led to less satisfaction, more energy drain, and even demoralization of much of the labor force, i.e., Us.

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Astute (16th December 2018), Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Franny (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), onawah (15th December 2018), Orph (17th December 2018), Pam (16th December 2018), ramus (16th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Satori (15th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,260 times in 1,397 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    I think something Denzel Washington said near the end of the above video is very much worth repeating: "To get what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done."
    This triggered me because it's a near paraphrase of some of the things Weinstein supposedly said to the women like, J. Lawrence and others that say he assaulted them sexually which makes me think it is probably some teaching from acting classes. Interesting as I missed that part of the video. I must have been getting my water for coffee at that time I guess. Thanks
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Pam (17th December 2018), ramus (16th December 2018)

28. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Phoenix1304,

You can definitely see the bind honest researchers are in. They feel they have to compete with Gaiia tv videos and the YouTube-sphere.
    The brain's main function is to act as a reducing valve t protect us from random chaos that serves no purpose puside of short term stimulation/entertainment.

We are constantly encouraged to 'expand our minds' and 'consider endless possibilities' and withhold judgement. At the same time we are to be skeptical to the point of paranoia of ALL authority structures and all individuals within them.

And the mainstream media is one of those structures. They used to vet a lot of crap, but they also filtered out, (basically had a war with) reality. Consensus reality has taken a huge hit and is reforming.

The collective unconscious is going through vast changes and is grappling with alternative media carnival barkers and hucksters attempting to fill a void. There is great unease.

I have taken a break from the online world recently and it feels good. I have become more and more resistant to anybody point g their fingers screaming, "it's all lies. I have the truth." Hmmmm...no.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 15th December 2018 at 17:55.

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Astute (16th December 2018), Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Caliban (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Ernie Nemeth (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Franny (17th December 2018), Orph (17th December 2018), Pam (17th December 2018), ramus (16th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

30. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

It's amazing that you started this thread , I've been thinking about quitting the web sites for a while. I thought it was just me nothing has changed, the Intel is joke,the financial crash, the disclosure, Trump draining the swamp, all looks like HOPE PORN . There seemed to be more meaning to it all when we were waiting for Nbiru, when we we were worrying about our survival, when that turn out be be the biggest hoax of all time. I was never on board to the end of the world scenario but it gave purpose to our gathering.
    So instead of slowing down to understand it all, it all sped up. I like many here I have a library of books that would take a life time to read, I keep telling my daughter when I die don't throw the books away, read them.

I remember Jake Simpson talking about the tech that the PTB have. I have felt sped-up for at least 6 years or more. I find my self upset with those who can't or refuse to see the realty that i have come to know ,then I have to question myself why. I believe we've been sped up by this tech or that we're going thru the middle of the Galactic Plane and the vibrational level has increased, or a myriad of other reasons, I feel something that I can't explain, it an urgency that i can't define. I do believe that this sensation is being created. It's being imposed on us not generated my us.
    Future Shock yes, on steroids. Is this purposeful .. is there an agenda ?

P.S. there are those out there that hope I would quit the site ......it's hope porn .. sorry.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Astute (16th December 2018), Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Caliban (15th December 2018), Constance (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Franny (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), Pam (16th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (15th December 2018), yelik (15th December 2018)

32. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    This triggered me because it's a near paraphrase of some of the things Weinstein supposedly said to the women like, J. Lawrence and others that say he assaulted them sexually which makes me think it is probably some teaching from acting classes. Interesting as I missed that part of the video. I must have been getting my water for coffee at that time I guess. Thanks
    If Weinstein said that, and I do not question that he did, he perverted its original meaning and intent. In the video, D. Washington said that his wife brought the saying to his attention.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Joe from the Carolinas (18th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), ramus (16th December 2018)

34. Link to Post #38
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Too much information to handle and it keep growing everyday. We all want more information to bring together the pieces of the big picture, but instead we are getting 90% off junk everyday and its getting hard to filter it. There is a purpose in this, because groups are being funded to spread disinformation or just are misguided to do it without them knowing, in the end everyone wants to get paid for the work they do and those who have great amounts control the big influence groups.

So my personal rule so far is, avoid mainstream opinion and avoid big groups they all are on the eye of the storm of those in control, there are exceptions in this but I am speaking in general. The mainstream opinion is what shapes the reality of the majority, but the reality isn't it, or better its far from it.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 16th December 2018 at 16:37.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Astute (16th December 2018), Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Ernie Nemeth (16th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), Pam (17th December 2018), ramus (16th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (16th December 2018), yelik (16th December 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    How much of this information do we need? I've stayed away from the alt media for the past few months, and I'm still here. The elite think in terms of decades. So why are they encouraging us, through their alt media stooges, to think in terms of weeks and days?

Looking back, in retrospect, how much 'latest intel' info over the past year was dud? 95%?

If the carousel is too fast, jump off it, and walk in the forest. Mayhap the dark mountains are calling you again, Bill.
    It's really necessary, Daozen. Am in total agreement. I am spending much more time watching things like art history videos,etc..

Letting go of incessantly pursuing "the truth," provides a small crack in the edifice through which a few small truths are able to quietly squeeze through, under the radar of our conceptual biases.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), Daozen (17th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), Pam (17th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018)

38. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    .....And it's only going to get worse. Less would be more here. 'More' is NOT more. 'More' is actually becoming less and less.....

.....And he predicted that many people would go into a kind of 'shock', and would retreat, simply not being able to cope any more. They'd retire into a small personal corner, and focus almost exclusively on what was very near at hand. Very little else.

Who else is nearing this point? ...
    The worst part for me is that after all this very dedicated diligence for so long I not only don't have answers, I have a massively bigger pile of questions.

All I've really achieved is confirming a huge number of suspicions about what isn't true (ie, like vaccines really are as bad as I suspected, history has been lied about...) and it's been very satisfying to have lived outside the box refusing to take the bait in many ways my whole life and to find out I was so right to do so.

But yes, I'm starting to realize I'm not going to get those definitive answers to the big questions no matter how many more great thinkers and questioners I try to keep up with.

I'm also not going to change the world and it might not even be a noble cause to help push anything or anybody any different way than the path they're on. Lots of that are religious guilt trip remnants.

So yes, I'm slowing down the research and being more in nature and creativity - despite feeling more a heightened state of vulnerability and danger than ever before here in CA - and definitely letting go and returning to simple and letting things be.

I suspect - anyway - that the best thing I can do both for myself and in contribution to the continuum my consciousness may be inseparable from is also the easiest thing to do - live every day reinforcing the body and spirit strengthening practices that do no harm, that create and that feel expansive and some form of growth - all different forms of love.... AND continue to practice staying alert and out of traps, addictions, spells and spirit degrading temptations both mental and physical.

I'm really glad I took the time to get lot smarter, but yes it's time to do less of that and more of enjoying the fruits of all that labor.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2018), celticwarrior (17th December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (17th December 2018), Flash (5th January 2019), Franny (17th December 2018), justntime2learn (27th December 2018), Pam (17th December 2018), Reinhard (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast