+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jesus’ path to enlightenment (ending reincarnation)

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Jesus’ path to enlightenment (ending reincarnation)

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I have to confess something. I've been feeling guilty about it all day, since yesterday.

I always loved Jesus.I just loved everything he stood for and was in awe of his bravery and pertinent rebelliousness; his strength, peace and utter dedication to his mission.

I used to pray a lot to him and God. I mostly would just say good morning and thank you and I love you. I never asked for anything when I prayed. I always prayed for other people.

Well, I did get Christ consciousness. I'm not saying I'm Christ. Just that I got that consciousness. But with that, I got attacked by darkness, too. There was light and dark.

Anyway, the power of all of it scared the **** out of me. I'm just being honest.

What I'm trying to say is I feel I was a hypocrite when I didn't take up for Jesus. I abhor hypocrites. I do love Jesus very much. ****, I'm crying.
    That's such a sad thing, isn't it? And is it over now, the terrors you went through? It seems like it was some kind of test to break your spirit, divert you from your path.
    Well, the power of the good stuff was very overwhelming too. I just didn't know people could experience that in a human form.

I was just giggling last night, when I realized that was exactly what the darkness was trying to do. It dawned on me last night what an obvious and bullying thing to try and do. It's a hell of a thing to be disavowed of all you thought to be true.

Feeling stronger every day...............
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2018), Dennis Leahy (19th December 2018), Ernie Nemeth (18th December 2018), justntime2learn (19th December 2018), Mac (17th December 2018), Orph (17th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), raregem (19th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Smell the Roses (17th December 2018), Words of Joy (17th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by Iceberg (here)
    Just add this to your perspective.

(4:157) And their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of God ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

(4:171) O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about God except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of God and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in God and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, God is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is God as Disposer of affairs.

Ancient scriptures that clarify and admit the position of Jesus, but strongly oppose their misunderstanding of the messenger and the symbol of cross that was a pagan symbol never a symbol revealed to the messenger.
    Thank you for adding this perspective. I have given this exact point a lot of thought. Wasn't easy this one. And the cross was introduced later, I think by the Romans, not sure. Though before that Christians had the fish as a symbol.

Please allow me to provide my perspective and what I have been thinking about. Basic question was: Prophet or Son of God? Simply a man that was born, that received the holy Spirit (Spirit of God), or born through Divine conception and then later received the holy Spirit?

To tackle these questions for myself I did not rely on scripture only. I wanted also to understand it through life. So I started looking into Jesus' impact in current time. I looked into healings in his name. I looked into exorcisms in his name. In those searches I started to see truth in his authority at least here on earth and the earthly spiritual realm. That's when I became open to the idea of Jesus not only being a prophet. Yes prophet, as he was bringing the word of God, though more than that I came to believe.

Though for me the whole divine conception of Mary by the holy Spirit idea was still a stretch for me to accept. I wasn't able to justify that based on experience. Until I gave my life in the hands of God (in Jesus' name) and prayed for the holy Spirit to come into my life. And right then and there the holy Spirit came into my body. Such energy, such power, such enormous feelings of happiness, that made me not want to move anything as to not disturb the strong never before experienced energy flow I felt coming into my body. This energy did work on my heart directly at that moment. It changed my heart. The holy Spirit changed my heart, and my head. I have changed, my heart has changed. I feel more, there's more emotion, compassion, more drive. And that experience is what changed my perspective on possibilities. The ease of how my heart was changed and how my brain was changed. Suddenly it became clear to me that conception by the holy Spirit is definitely an option. And from there on I'm a believer of the Divine conception.

As far as Jesus being the Son of God, yes or no; there are different ways of looking at this, and I will provide my current believes on this. As conception could've been done by the holy Spirit, the possibility of Jesus being the Son of God also became a possibility, as the holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, being the Father of the baby. Couple this with the current authority of Jesus in this earthly realm (and according to the bible also the Heavenly realm) and I truly see the possibility of Jesus being the Son of God.
    I'll give another perspective. There are different verses in the bible that speak of the children of God. Namely the persons that have the Spirit of God in them. Those that are to be resurrected, like I also believe Jesus has been, by the Spirit of God. Here's a verse that shows this. Jesus' words:
    Luke 20:34-35 34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection."
    And because I believe the power of the Spirit of God can possibly conceive, I also believe it can possibly resurrect. I believe that to be possible. And I believe that is also what happened. So looking at Jesus' quote he also belongs to the group of children of God.

To me nothing is more convincing than personal experience. And based on what I experienced I came to believe. Scriptures are interesting and can be helpful, but for me proof comes from experience.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Orph (17th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), wnlight (19th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you everyone replying in this thread. I only have limited free hours, as I'm also working 40 hours a week, but will try to catch up and respond here and there. God bless.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

[/COLOR]Merry Mom, that is truly sweet but if I approached my guardian angels or guides in that manner that'd be confused! They aren't used to it!
    I mentioned it was a child's prayer. You are free to do whatever you want. I happen to like the image.
    There's no time like the present.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Pam (18th December 2018), Words of Joy (21st December 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    But the beautiful thing is that once in Gods hands, he'll transform the person, getting rid of these flaws, bit by bit, but at steady pace.
    Well, you may not have crafted that sentence quite accurately, though I do think I know what you were trying to say.

You DO have to do the work yourself. He might help a little, but essentially God would agree that it's all your responsibility.

Every choice you make, with the free will that you have. That's the whole idea.
    You're right Bill, with help from God. Missed that word. Do have to do the work, and it's not always easy, but God, I experience, is actively helping to make it more bearable while working on it.

And yes completely with free will. In my case my free will is to serve God, so He can put me where he thinks would be beneficial.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    "John 14:6 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Surely nobody actually believes this? Unfortunately, many people do...
    I do, though with a little perspective. I link this quote to the reason why I think he came: To show us the way to our Father. To show us the truth about our Father. To show us the way to life with our Father. And as he is the example sent to the earthly realm to show all this, he formulated the sentence from a first person perspective.
    I have no interest in any Father - that sounds too much like being continually inferior and being a child that needs guidance. I am responsible for myself and what use is there in being 'helped' or told what to do? Personal evolution is not about following a set of rules. You can't get to 'the kingdom of heaven' by blindly doing what you think your Father wants (specially as that was written almost two thousand years ago by people who had an interest in control). The Muslims have the same belief but different rules as do all religions and they all believe they are right simply because they've been brainwashed by their culture from childhood (or fallen under it's spell later in life).

I prefer to go by personal experience, intuition and meditation and find the way for myself. Do you have any memory of times before you were born? All power to you if this is your stage of development but there are higher stages. To think that we need some third party intermediary is to give away your power and become a slave. That said, Jesus did introduce many beneficial things into the belief system of the western world.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 5th For This Post:

Michi (17th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), Rhogar (18th December 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (17th December 2018), wondering (17th December 2018), Words of Joy (21st December 2018)

13. Link to Post #47
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Depends what you are looking for.
    An enlightened teacher points to the Truth not him or herself.
    If I wanted to learn to play golf then I would go to a professional--one who had done the course--so to speak.
    If I really want enlightenment then I listen to those who are.
    They all say--be still, be quiet. (meditation)
    There is a transfer of energy in their presence --it just happens--that's my personal experience.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2018), Dennis Leahy (19th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), raregem (19th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

I suspect that we all are extensions of Source energy on Prime Creator's endless journey of creation and self discovery. That includes people we may not like. We play in a multidimensional chess game.

I had a dream that I was watching a play, moving around in the audience to observe from different perspectives. Suddenly I realized that I was also the actors on stage and the playwright.

In this universe we choose to give our power away or claim it. When we feel inspired, we are aligned with Source. When we have respectful discussions of different viewpoints, new thoughts are born that expand all that is.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2018), Dennis Leahy (19th December 2018), greybeard (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), raregem (19th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018), what is a name? (18th December 2018), wondering (17th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,313 times in 308 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Even though I am not of any religion the teachings of Jesus have been of great help and an inspiration to me

Surrender, devotion and love the greatest aids on the path to Enlightenment.
    Surrender to what is, you could call it acceptance--
    Devotion to Realization of the Self.
    Love of the Divine

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference"
    Chris
    Chris, this has been my motto most of my life.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
    Courage to change the things I can
    And wisdom to know the difference"

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2018), greybeard (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), raregem (19th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,313 times in 308 posts

I have to confess something. I've been feeling guilty about it all day, since yesterday.

I always loved Jesus.I just loved everything he stood for and was in awe of his bravery and pertinent rebelliousness; his strength, peace and utter dedication to his mission.

I used to pray a lot to him and God. I mostly would just say good morning and thank you and I love you. I never asked for anything when I prayed. I always prayed for other people.

Well, I did get Christ consciousness. I'm not saying I'm Christ. Just that I got that consciousness. But with that, I got attacked by darkness, too. There was light and dark.

Anyway, the power of all of it scared the **** out of me. I'm just being honest.

What I'm trying to say is I feel I was a hypocrite when I didn't take up for Jesus. I abhor hypocrites. I do love Jesus very much. ****, I'm crying.
    Awww Valerie, you have touched my tear ducts as well.
    Thank you for loving Jesus.
    Seems when we have the Christ consciousness, the dark side always tries to
    steer us from our path, but greater is He that is in Us, than he that is in the world.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2018), greybeard (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), Smell the Roses (2nd January 2019), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018)

21. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

'Fun' =

• Communing with nature
    • Playing with my dog
    • Enjoying serene, deep and meaningful connections with [many!] old friends
    • Tackling challenges, solving problems, and being creative
    • Learning as much as possible about as much as I possibly can
    • Developing skills and achieving goals
    • Helping others in any way I can
    • Recovering my long-term memories about who I really am
    • Understanding how to be a spiritual being in a mortal body.

Damn! You're one of the reincarnation travel agents to get people to come back here, aren't you!

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th December 2018), greybeard (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), raregem (19th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Wind (19th December 2018), wnlight (19th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you for sharing Valerie. I recognize what you're saying. I have multiple accounts of spiritual harassment, and two attacks. I'm thankful Christ (holy Spirit) showed me to call upon Him in the name of Jesus and ask for protection. It helped me with the two attacks. It felt like the spirits that attacked tried to enter me or something. My head felt under a lot of pressure. When I call upon Christ in the name of Jesus, it came to help directly and I could feel pressure relief. It was confronting. But the experience made me stronger in faith. For my wife it has been harder. Often as soon as I go to work she gets attacked. Sometimes she'll be unable to move. She had blankets pulled off her. She also is so glad to have Christ in her life now. Though still often she needs to command them to go in Jesus' name.

These are not the easiest things to deal with/process. Though I can say, before Jesus & Christ were in our lives, it was more difficult as sometimes we'd feel helpless.

I know Jesus & God understand your situation and reaction. They will always be there for you when you're ready. Be well and God bless.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018)

25. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

It's weird. I find so many people jumping through all kinds of hoops and creating tremendous obstacles for themselves when it is so simple. Just focus inward and quietly request help to change that which you loathe in yourself. It works. Direct it towards Christ, guardian angels, Buddah, God. I don't know if it matters. I find another thing that helps for certain situations is to state things very clearly and out loud and ask for divine guidance.

But I can't "pray". I can communicate with great respect and a certain amount of awe but praying seems like grovelling. And I think this is unnecessary, not because I feel above grovelling but more that I can't respect any invisible force that would require it. The invisible realm I am drawn to isn't populated by egotistical tyrants and bullies.
    I didn't know what groveling meant. Thanks for that word and your experience. I understand what your saying and I agree. I felt uncomfortable at first, not knowing how to communicate properly. I didn't want to act inferior. I wanted to be equal. So I told God, I needed to grow in communication and feeling for Him. Respect is something I will try to give from the start, but it helps if I feel it's being answered, and shows it deserves the respect. I'm now at a point where it feels more like talking. And I have made it a habit to start with thanking for what I see in my life that feels like coming from Him. Just like I would thank anyone that would help me. Then I will share what I've noticed, what I wish for someone or in a certain situation. Then when I see it comes true, I'll be thankful. I communicate what I feel is deserved given earlier prayers and situations. And where at first I wasn't praying for myself I now do also pray for myself. This makes me even more aware of what aspects suddenly start changing. One could argue "It's you making the change yourself" And to a certain degree that may be the case. Though experiencing some mighty situations, that have not been experienced before, when I was influencing and changing my life before Christ was in my life, have made me come to see that there is a consciousness working to help, provide insight and support me. And this is not something that is just slightly sensible. On the contrary and I'm very impressed.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Pam (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,755 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    'Fun' =
    • Communing with nature
    • Playing with my dog
    • Enjoying serene, deep and meaningful connections with [many!] old friends
    • Tackling challenges, solving problems, and being creative
    • Learning as much as possible about as much as I possibly can
    • Developing skills and achieving goals
    • Helping others in any way I can
    • Recovering my long-term memories about who I really am
    • Understanding how to be a spiritual being in a mortal bod
    Damn! You're one of the reincarnation travel agents to get people to come back here, aren't you!
    You bet!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th December 2018), Pam (18th December 2018), petra (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018), wnlight (19th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018), Yoda (18th December 2018)

29. Link to Post #55
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

The ego is a separation device and will endeavour to thwart all attempts to be "know" God.
    Pray, surrender--Thy will be done.
    You must be joking, I dont need you, I can make it on my own, says the ego.

Oh yeah You make plans and God laughs.
    Without the Divine there would be no you, no life.
    If nothing else appreciate and respect this life, this opportunity for enlightenment.
    Just a suggestion--smiling.

Interesting thread-- thanks
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th December 2018), petra (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Wind (19th December 2018), Words of Joy (18th December 2018)

31. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Depends what you are looking for.
    An enlightened teacher points to the Truth not him or herself.
    If I wanted to learn to play golf then I would go to a professional--one who had done the course--so to speak.
    If I really want enlightenment then I listen to those who are.
    They all say--be still, be quiet. (meditation)
    There is a transfer of energy in their presence --it just happens--that's my personal experience.

Chris
    In silence is where I find God. A lot of people (at least here in the Netherlands, but undoubtedly also in many other places) have a tight schedule. Especially when someone is a parent and also works (which is almost the norm here in the Netherlands). Here a lot of people hardly take time to just be still, to be able to receive. Constantly online. Work. School. Friends. Sports. Hobbies. TV. Going out.
    The Spirit is showing me to build in moments of silence. I've learned that's the main way of communication from His side. I have my pen and my notepad next to me when I'm in my silent moments. Great things happen during those times: Insights, calls for help for someone, comfort, happiness. I'm liking and appreciating it more and more.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th December 2018), greybeard (18th December 2018), petra (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018), Zampano (19th December 2018)

33. Link to Post #57
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Slobbe
    Jesus’ path to enlightenment (ending reincarnation)
    Why would one not want to reincarnate?

That's exactly like saying that one wants to go to sleep at night and then not wake up to another day.

Personally, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. There are already some things I've planned to do.

And I'm looking forward to my next life, too.
    I certainly don't. I could say why..... but it's not nice.

I'd be content with going to sleep and not waking up. I used to be afraid I'd go to sleep and not wake up (ie: gettin' killed in my sleep), so I had insomnia for three days! But I'm not afraid of that anymore, now it sounds kinda nice (Mmmmmm... rest!)

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

greybeard (18th December 2018), Sadieblue (18th December 2018), Words of Joy (19th December 2018)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Slobbe, you might want to check out Peter Novak's book about division of consciousness. It has a decidedly Christian perspective on reincarnation that makes a lot of sense.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Words of Joy (19th December 2018)

37. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Slobbe, you might want to check out Peter Novak's book about division of consciousness. It has a decidedly Christian perspective on reincarnation that makes a lot of sense.
    Thank you so much! I wasn't aware of the work of Peter Novak. I read some reviews on Amazon right after reading your recommendation. Someone said in this review:"Christ appears to have been the first earthly being to successfully integrate the soul and spirit;" I felt the holy Spirit dart me with energy on this sentence. Happy to learn this! I didn't know. Thanks for this present! I'll be looking further into this.

Also quickly had a look at one of the other books (The Lost Secret of Death: Our Divided Souls and the Afterlife & Original Christianity) reviews and felt the Spirit here:
    "Christ is introduced as the "mediator" of consciousness." in this review

Had a look at the third book about the gospel of Thomas and found the author's review at the bottom. Didn't feel anything there.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (19th December 2018), Sadieblue (19th December 2018)

39. Link to Post #60
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

The ego is a separation device and will endeavour to thwart all attempts to be "know" God.
    Pray, surrender--Thy will be done.
    You must be joking, I dont need you, I can make it on my own, says the ego.

Oh yeah You make plans and God laughs.
    Without the Divine there would be no you, no life.
    If nothing else appreciate and respect this life, this opportunity for enlightenment.
    Just a suggestion--smiling.

Interesting thread-- thanks
    Chris
    I agree Chris, ego plays a big role in this. Trying to assassinate my ego was one of the best choices I made ever. My ego used to be quite big. E.g. when Yehova's Witnesses came to my door or stop me on the street, I would overwhelm them with knowledge, to a point they would give up, and I would feel proud afterwards. Totally content with myself thinking I had it all figured out. I now know what a fool I was. Not saying Yehova's Witness is the path, though acknowledging that I had an incomplete perspective. It hurt me when I came to that insight. Ashamed of my behavior in hindsight. It gave me more determination to keep the ego aside. I'm not fully there yet, work in progress, but like to think I'm heading in the right direction.
    Not sure God laughs when disregarded. I'm inclined to think He'll be patiently awaiting knowing that at some point a spirit/soul will understand that life is more satisfying with Him, than without. Might take eons. God has time.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

greybeard (19th December 2018), Rich (24th February 2019), Sadieblue (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (19th December 2018), wnlight (19th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast