+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1+ million NJ gun owners refuse to turn in their magazines

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default 1+ million NJ gun owners refuse to turn in their magazines

Let the police visit the first few houses to try to enforce this unconstitutional law and we will soon see whose willpower is greater in this fight.

Quote Over One Million US Gun Owners Refuse To Obey Ban

Residents of New Jersey were given a deadline to turn in their gun magazines or become felons overnight, and so far, no one is complying.

Unless you’ve been under a rock lately, then you’ve likely seen the unprecedented push by all levels of government to separate law abiding Americans from their guns. No, this is not some conspiracy theory. The president himself ushered in a new level of gun control doing what his liberal predecessor even refused to do by banning bump stocks. However, as states across the country seek to limit the ability of innocent people to defend themselves, people are disobeying.

In May, Gov. Phil Murphy signed a law that reduced the maximum capacity of ammunition magazines from 15 rounds to 10. Citizens immediately sued the government, citing the unconstitutional nature of the ban, but they failed.

“New Jersey’s law reasonably fits the State’s interest in public safety and does not unconstitutionally burden the Second Amendment’s right to self-defense in the home,” the court wrote in their decision. “The law also does not violate the Fifth Amendment’s Takings Clause because it does not require gun owners to surrender their magazines but instead allows them to retain modified magazines or register firearms that have magazines that cannot be modified.”

AG Gurbir Grewal applauded the ruling on Twitter stating:

“This just in: for months, individuals have been challenging NJ’s limits on large capacity magazines—a sensible law to address mass shootings. Today, the court of appeals upheld the law. Big win for public safety and law enforcement safety!”

This month, citizens were given a December 11 deadline on their new ban on standard capacity magazines. The law effectively turned one million law abiding gun owners into criminals, literally over night if they failed to turn in the magazines.

Somehow, New Jersey lawmakers thought insane individuals who want to carry out mass shootings would be lining up to turn in their 15 round magazines as anyone caught with one of these banned magazines is now committing a fourth-degree felony. However, even the law abiding citizens are choosing to disobey—and that’s a good thing.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...efuse-obey-ban

They tried some similar laws on the left coast, and some sheriffs even balked and refused to enforce the state laws.

They also tried to begin confiscating guns from certain people in Florida, and in only the first few test cases, officers were already engaged in deadly stand-offs with citizens in their homes.

I figure that if police continue trying to enforce bans like this, they'll run out of cops before we run out of our 70 million gun owners.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: 1+ million NJ gun owners refuse to turn in their magazines

Unbelievably funny at a distance . But tragic and ultra dangerous for all involved .
    Almost a modern re-working of Cowboys versus the Indians. A hint of Karma perhaps -- whatever that might mean .

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Well, with the president having the support of the NRA, and police generally being pro-gun, I don't see this as taking place anywhere outside of liberal conclaves anyway. So if this trend spreads, it'll be localized to urban areas with the bulk of national resources against the state and local governments which are pushing these measures.

I think it's amusing too -- from a distance. Where I live, nobody will be coming for anything. The local sheriff already knows, because I told him myself, if he ever needs an extra pair of hands to deal with commies, I am ready to go along for the ride. That's the great thing about living in small communities where everyone still knows and trusts each other. The people in the cities are going to be the ones with problems, if it comes to that.

Stories like these would become very common:

Quote Washington State county sheriff refuses to enforce new gun laws

On January 1st, 2019, Washington State will be rolling out some of the toughest gun laws in the United States. If you want to buy a semi automatic rifle in Washington next year, you'll have to be 21 years of age, instead of 18. You'll have to store that puppy safely, too: According to the Seattle Times, in some circumstances, gun owners will be criminally liable if an unauthorized individual uses their boom-stick to commit a crime. It's a move that should make everyone in the state feel just a little bit safer, what with all of the gun violence of late.

Provided the cops are willing to enforce the new laws.

From The Root:

Republic, Washington, Police Chief Loren Culp, whose name makes him sound like a placeholder villain in a crime procedural, has announced that his police force, comprising all of him and his deputy, will not enforce the law when it goes into effect in January 2019.

Culp has proposed an ordinance to his city council—supposedly based on the Second Amendment—essentially saying that gun regulation laws like Initiative 1639, the one in question, infringe on citizens’ constitutional right to bear arms and through the ordinance would be “hereby declared to be invalid in the City of Republic,” per the Times.
    https://boingboing.net/2018/11/20/wa...ty-sherif.html

Once the cops are refusing politicians' orders, just like they're beginning to do in France, it's just a matter of time until the shoe is on the other foot.

Btw, many cops swear oaths to the Constitution, similar to military oaths of allegiance, and are required to disobey unlawful orders, and refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 25th December 2018 at 10:16.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

[QUOTE=A Voice from the Mountains;1265855]That's the great thing about living in small communities where everyone still knows and trusts each other. The people in the cities are going to be the ones with problems, if it comes to that.[QUOTE]

That point in particular resonates with me .
    It appears that from Agendas 21 and separately 2030 there will be no small communities .And as soon as possible according to these UN plans .
    If I was paranoid I could even believe that the northern Californian fires are evidence of this plan in action and , more chilling , that they were engineered with DEW .

5. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

@Voice From The Mountains ...I live in a small community in Kentucky 800 homes, I talk with the police weekly,the chief of police is of the same mind set as in your community. He's awake and aware. If he would need help he would call, he has 6 officers under him, if the **** hit the fan he knows who he could rely on.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Arcturian108 (26th December 2018), Kryztian (27th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread