Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Yamashlta's gold

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,512 times in 4,009 posts

Default Re: Yamashlta's gold

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    excuse my ignorance but I just dont understand why gold is so pricy even before the electronics age.
    It is rare, hard to get, and does not corrode. Metals are basically underworld wealth, according to the scale of rarity and durability. For instance, aluminum, which requires electricity to work with, was originally a precious metal worth at least as much as gold. It was made in ingots presented to royalty in France, and the capstone of the Washington Monument is six pounds of the stuff. As time rolled by, with better mining equipment and more electricity, production skyrocketed and the value went away.

Gold is fairly unique. It resists magnetism. There are not many yellow metals, not many red such as copper, they are almost all white (silver). Because it can only be gained in an easy to measure, limited way, the value cannot be watered down as with the many metals found in abundance. Because it is unique, it cannot be faked very well. Because it is soft, aside from electronics, it has little use other than storing value. Copper is actually a better conductor of electricity; the reason gold is used is due to the lack of corrosion. Platinum is rare and corrosion-resistant, but it is much harder, and was scarcely known to exist before around the 1700s.

It's about the only thing you can dig up that looks like the sun, and stainless, everlasting beauty is the underworld symbol of the soul. Today, I am blackened, rusty iron; if presented with a chunk of gold, my options are greed, or to become like it. So it is both a metaphor and an actual substance expressing the human condition.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bruno (9th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 times in 117 posts

Quote Posted by Watching from Cyprus (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by chrifri (here)
    After my post I did some more research. According to the information I found, Peter Davis was not CFO of UBS AG. He and Rolf Meyer (the 2 signatories on one of the copies) were members of the group executive board. Signing documents that have nothing to do with their duties as board members is very strange and I would say impossible. Of course, by coincidence, at that time, there could have been 2 other gentlemen with the exact same names, holding similar positions (another Rolf Meyer holding a vice president position could have been possible, however a Peter Davis as CFO most probably not). To me it rather seems that somebody has picked these names to make the document seemingly important. Which in my opinion it definitely is not. Further I have checked the UBS 2002 Financial Report. According to that report there was no business unit with the name Union Bank of Switzerland. By the way, I worked for UBS before and some time after the merger (before at the previous Union Bank of Switzerland). I can confirm that after the merger there were very strict rules NOT to use the name of Union Bank of Switzerland anymore. Having seen copies of other counterfeit documents during my "bankers" time I am convinced that the 2 documents are false.
    Thank you!
    Being Members of the Executive Board, in Fact means that they have the Power to Execute/ SIGN for the Bank. I would have anticipated the former UBS employee would know this. It most likely IS real, but if a copy is sent to the Bank asking if this could be real, either there will be no reply or they would state it is false. Don't get involved.

Happy New Year
    Yes, of course, a member of the executive board can sign for and on behalf of the bank. However, there is no way that a executive board member would have signed a document in the name of Union Bank of Switzerland in the year 2002, due to the fact that in 2002 Union Bank of Switzerland did not exist anymore. In 1998 Union Bank of Switzerland and Swiss Bank Corporation merged and since then the official name of the new, merged bank is/was UBS AG. According to the UBS 2002 Financial Report, in 2002 there were still some group companies with names like, UBS Warburg, UBS Paine Webber and one or two other companies with the name UBS and something, but NO Union Bank of Switzerland. It is OK to believe that the Yama... gold exists. It might even be so. However, the copies of these documents, are counterfeit and therefore do not hold as any proof.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrifri For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (2nd January 2019), Watching from Cyprus (8th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Denmark Avalon Member Watching from Cyprus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 times in 293 posts

After my post I did some more research. According to the information I found, Peter Davis was not CFO of UBS AG. He and Rolf Meyer (the 2 signatories on one of the copies) were members of the group executive board. Signing documents that have nothing to do with their duties as board members is very strange and I would say impossible. Of course, by coincidence, at that time, there could have been 2 other gentlemen with the exact same names, holding similar positions (another Rolf Meyer holding a vice president position could have been possible, however a Peter Davis as CFO most probably not). To me it rather seems that somebody has picked these names to make the document seemingly important. Which in my opinion it definitely is not. Further I have checked the UBS 2002 Financial Report. According to that report there was no business unit with the name Union Bank of Switzerland. By the way, I worked for UBS before and some time after the merger (before at the previous Union Bank of Switzerland). I can confirm that after the merger there were very strict rules NOT to use the name of Union Bank of Switzerland anymore. Having seen copies of other counterfeit documents during my "bankers" time I am convinced that the 2 documents are false.
    Thank you!
    Being Members of the Executive Board, in Fact means that they have the Power to Execute/ SIGN for the Bank. I would have anticipated the former UBS employee would know this. It most likely IS real, but if a copy is sent to the Bank asking if this could be real, either there will be no reply or they would state it is false. Don't get involved.

Happy New Year
    Yes, of course, a member of the executive board can sign for and on behalf of the bank. However, there is no way that a executive board member would have signed a document in the name of Union Bank of Switzerland in the year 2002, due to the fact that in 2002 Union Bank of Switzerland did not exist anymore. In 1998 Union Bank of Switzerland and Swiss Bank Corporation merged and since then the official name of the new, merged bank is/was UBS AG. According to the UBS 2002 Financial Report, in 2002 there were still some group companies with names like, UBS Warburg, UBS Paine Webber and one or two other companies with the name UBS and something, but NO Union Bank of Switzerland. It is OK to believe that the Yama... gold exists. It might even be so. However, the copies of these documents, are counterfeit and therefore do not hold as any proof.
    Thank you for repeating although it was already clear and understood about Union Bank of Switzerland, who was also known as Schweizerische Bankgesellschaft (SBG) and Schweizeriche Bankgesellschaft is an active Swiss company entity yet today. ... As Jordan Maxwell says, Nothing in this world is as we think it is, NOTHING ;-) Love and light from Peter
    Short Term memory infected/defect. Watching, feeling and recording since i recall. Recording for some one/thing else !
    I care about the earth, and despise greed.

6. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 times in 117 posts

Thank you!

Happy New Year
    Thank you for repeating although it was already clear and understood about Union Bank of Switzerland, who was also known as Schweizerische Bankgesellschaft (SBG) and Schweizeriche Bankgesellschaft is an active Swiss company entity yet today. ... As Jordan Maxwell says, Nothing in this world is as we think it is, NOTHING ;-) Love and light from Peter
    Dear Peter
    My intention with my posts was simply to let you know that UBS document is a counterfeit. With that information I hoped to give members sufficient information in order not to waste time doing any research on the document That is all.
    Being a gold bug since the year 2000 and therefore following the gold market on a daily basis, the Yama.. story came to my attention a couple of times. So far there was no information that in my opinion did indicate that the gold exists. Although personally I have my doubts, I am aware that the story could be true.
    My previous posts were not intended to discuss if this gold exists or not and I would not have posted at all if I would not have seen the documents that are false.
    If you want to believe that the Union Bank of Switzerland document is OK, that is perfectly fine with me. If you want to spent your precious time to do some research on that, that of course is perfectly fine with me as well.
    In any case, following a few additional comments to consider.
    First of all I'd like to apologize for apparently not having made my research about UBS correctly. The 2 gentlemen that apparently have signed the document were not members of the group executive board in 2002 but both were NON executive members of the Board of Directors. According to the UBS handbook 2002, page 95, https://www.ubs.com/global/en/about_...g/archive.html, Davis was Member of the Audit Committee and Meyer Chairman of the Compensation Committee.
    Neither, being a NON executive member of the Board of Directors, nor the committees they were active for, would have given them the authority or a reason to sign a guarantee.
    On page 6 of the financial report 2002 the following comment can be found "The legal and commercial name of the company is UBS AG. The company was formed on 29 June 1998, when X bank and Y bank merged." On page 154 to 156 you can find a list of all UBS companies. I might have overseen something but I was not able to find a company in the name of Union Bank of Switzerland.
    Regarding Schweizerische Bankgesellschaft (SBG). It seems that we use different sources to get the information about UBS. In this case I checked the official Swiss Commercial Register. There are a few companies that use SBG but according to the official Register "Schweizerische Bankgesellschaft" does not exist anymore. https://www.zefix.ch/en/search/entit...Type=undefined and https://www.zefix.ch/de/search/entit...Type=undefined.
    I do understand that on the net there might be information that does say otherwise. But the official Swiss Commercial Register to me, seems to be the correct source to find out if X company is active and registered. For information about ubs, to me it seems that one should use their offical webpage.
    A final comment regarding the document. Just looking at the document, a few inconsistencies can be observed. Shaberon made already a few comments before and I fully agree on them. Just one example of a inconsistency is, that on top of the document the name is indicated as Union Bank of Switzerland and in the very last print the correct name UBS AG is given.
    Again, my intention with my previous comments is not to be the one that is "right". My ego does not command at all to be so. All I hope is that my comments do help to concentrate ones attention on the important stuff and not waste time where it does not make sense. Regards,
    Last edited by chrifri; 8th January 2019 at 14:16.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrifri For This Post:

Kryztian (9th January 2019), Satori (8th January 2019), Watching from Cyprus (12th January 2019)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

A brief note here. (A general one!)

I very much appreciate all the interesting input on this thread. Avalon at its best.

I don't have a horse in this race, though I did start the thread... and I am currently persuaded that the gold did exist. (The book The Gold Warriors, I find compelling and fascinating.) But I do very much welcome all and any informed comment. This is how we all learn.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (8th January 2019), Kryztian (9th January 2019), Satori (8th January 2019), sunwings (8th January 2019), waree (8th January 2019), Watching from Cyprus (12th January 2019), Yoda (8th January 2019)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

So Bill--is it your belief that the USA has the gold supposedly extracted from the ocean bottom which I read elsewhere in a youtube video is worth quadrillions a fake or true story? If true, it would dig the USA out of debt and free us in world trade, regardless of OIL and no longer being the world currency in which all is traded.

An extra thought is that the last Czar of Russia, gave into the care of the Emperor of Japan a huge amount of Gold for safe keeping. This was gold crossing Siberia towards the Pacific. I also read something about a bank in Austria having a similar hoard which was then transferred to the Emperor of Japan. The same article said something about that Emperor and his family not being the legitimate Emperor of Japan. The global robbery of the Czar and all he legally owned which was HIS is a scandal waiting to erupt!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

waree (8th January 2019)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Hi Bill, fascinating story - and gold always gets everyone's attention. Are there any pictures of the gold?

You mentioned that you met one of the people who transported ______ to Switzerland. Did they say they also transported the gold itself, or was it just these shellacked brass certificates?

This makes me wonder if the Fed would honor the certificates, or just laugh and say no, or say they are a hoax. If they honored them, would they laugh, print up 3 trillion in extremely large Federal Reserve Notes, laugh some more, and pay up in paper? Who could force the Federal Reserve to pay up in gold?
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 9th January 2019 at 04:01. Reason: more words and sentences were added :~)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bruno (9th January 2019), Kryztian (9th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3