United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,103 times in 20,640 posts

Default Re: Movie: Bird Box

The movie is mentioned in Dark Journalist's latest at 1 hour 18 minutes in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHV7WFM2Avk&t=2190s
    and then a bit later at 1hour 25 minutes, where people in the chat room who have seen it comment.
    One person said it is giving people headaches!
    Last edited by onawah; 7th January 2019 at 02:12.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (7th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

The premise of the movie, like most in this genre, is so weak that it is impossible to suspend belief in reality to allow for the plot to unfold. Ridiculous, fluff.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (7th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

I enjoyed the movie and thought it was a great metaphor for our current circumstances.

I also liked the journey the main character took mentally and emotionally in terms of her outlook on life and survival.

I think what is a more interesting discussion then the film was the way it was marketed, intentionally or not, through social media memes. I admit I watched it it because my instagram feed was filled with birdbox memes, lol.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

drneglector (7th January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (7th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), selinam (7th January 2019), sunwings (8th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    There's a new Sandra Bullock movie on Netflix called Bird Box. It's a story of a dystopian future when you must wear a blindfold outdoors or you will be taken over by a force that forces you to kill yourself. The plot is so clumsily and uncreatively executed that it seems the writer had to start with the message "close your eyes or die"- and could not create an interesting story with that message. E.g., if you had to write a story with the message, say, "love your church," it might not be the greatest story ever told.

I wonder if this was the writer's own idea or if he was assigned it? Anyway, the movie clearly tells us that if there's any kind of awakening coming to humanity, it's not going to be a good thing...
    I watched it today after seeing this thread, I think you’re right about an agenda. Huge budget and they’re just not that bad at writing stories.

The analogy is perfect; stay blind to live, see and the demons will play on your shadow and get you to kill yourself. Seeing makes you crazy. The blind people are immune to the dangers of the spirit world.

It’s actually a powerful message on a subconscious level because it is true, in that context, though it’s only a half truth, the fearful part of it. And if people are fearful of seeing then they risk that happening if they do see.

P.S. I also noticed they managed to twist what love is and equate that to weakness; “all that love made me soft”, love = weak = death.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bruno (7th January 2019), drneglector (7th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), onawah (10th January 2019), sunwings (8th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2