+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Ayahuasca

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member Laurel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Ayahuasca

Has anyone been to or know anything about the Spirit Vine Ayahuasca Retreat in Brazil? Reviews online are very positive. I am considering booking trip, and am hoping someone might have a little insight into this place.

https://spiritvineretreats.com/

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Laurel For This Post:

Chip (6th January 2019), CurEus (7th January 2019), DeDukshyn (5th January 2019), drneglector (6th January 2019), Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Kryztian (6th January 2019), Mike (5th January 2019), Morbid (7th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #102
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Well, I couldn't find any negative info on them, that might say a fair bit actually.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Chip (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

This type of thing has always appealed to me. The degree to which it is wise or foolish depends largely on luck, I think. You have to get to the retreat in one piece, that's number 1. Second you have to find the right shaman or shamans, which is no easy matter, from what I understand. Third, you have to pray you don't sh!t yourself after a few sips of that funky brew and run off into the inky night playing soccer with imaginary skulls...never to be seen again.

The opportunity for catharsis seems equally balanced by the chance of disaster. I think I'd have to be pretty desperate to truly consider it, which is precisely why I've been truly considering it lately.

I just have this sinking feeling it would be a one way trip for me. Id go insane during a sitting and stay behind, wandering those rustic villiages looking like Tom Hanks from 'Castaway', eating crickets and spiders to stay alive. Over time i'd morph into a Colonel Kurtz type character, and give gentle sounding soliloquies about the merits of madness to my imaginary friends...

But don't let me discourage you.
    Last edited by Mike; 6th January 2019 at 01:25.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

cascadian (6th January 2019), Chip (6th January 2019), Creedence (6th January 2019), DeDukshyn (6th January 2019), drneglector (6th January 2019), enigma3 (6th January 2019), Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Franny (6th January 2019), Joe (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), onawah (6th January 2019), Orph (6th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), TomKat (6th January 2019), Valerie Villars (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019), Wind (6th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #104
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

That's a very pessimistic view Mike! For most people Ayahuasca is the best and easiest route to spiritual awakening and a way of truly seeing the demons within (trauma repressions) that are holding them back in life. In fact, it is exactly these that give rise to your negative view on the matter...

But yes, you need a good shaman or guide and then you have nothing to lose except bad things and everything to gain. I would highlyrecommend it to anyone who feels a calling. Go for it, take that leap of faith into the unknown.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 5th For This Post:

drneglector (6th January 2019), enigma3 (6th January 2019), Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), greybeard (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Mike (6th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019), Wind (6th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

Laurel,

I checked out the site and it is well done, both the site and the retreats. This is kind of the pinnacle of modernized ayahuasca use.
    If you can spare the money it seems like a safe way to meet the tea.

Seems like this is the place where David Icke got his experiences.

If you are more the adventurous type there are other, less expensive options.
    For us western peoples the group sharing is a great way to learn from each other. That the person there has been an experienced psycho-therapist is a nice thing also.

One of the people I met was a brazillian man, psychologist if I am not mistaken, who became enlightened. He has an ashram in India and a centre near Sao Paolo. Where he works with a crossover between the brazillian way and the Indian way. "Path of the Heart" it is called. Lots of westerners visit.

Another path I walked was with Brazillians living in the amazon, who after some years started a cooperation with indians in the forrest. Then you are talking about Rapé (snuff tobacco and ash-mix) and the Sapô/kambô (the heavy frog slime cleansing ritual, non-hallucinogenic)
    The more primitive tour that would be.
    I visited also the village of the Santo Daime people near Boca de Acre int the amazon, which is another road. More like christian imagery/lore and the vine. This is a real mix, which has little to do, if any, with christendom as a power system.

They are all different ways to harness the possibilities ayahuasca offers. The site you came up with looks definately appealing for westerners.

My take, so far, is that it is a nice crash course to get a kick in da butt and reset on a deep psychological level. Very nice in combination with the physical reset fasting makes possible.

I stopped altogether since the returns deminished. No need to linger. But I am willing to share my experiences.
    I am the silent ear on the forum, until there is something can contribute with instead of futureshocking. Keeping it lean and mean so to speak.

PM me if you like, for questions about the process. Or ask me here, for all to see.

Love, O.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

DNA (6th January 2019), drneglector (6th January 2019), Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Mike (6th January 2019), Orph (6th January 2019), Retief (6th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), Valerie Villars (6th January 2019), what is a name? (7th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Laurel (here)
    Has anyone been to or know anything about the Spirit Vine Ayahuasca Retreat in Brazil? Reviews online are very positive. I am considering booking trip, and am hoping someone might have a little insight into this place.

https://spiritvineretreats.com/

Pun intended ?

As long as you trust the Shaman and the rest of the group and try to pair up with some one, to look out for each other.
    Wish I was going.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Valerie Villars (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

Sunny,

There are people in the UK doing sessions. but sure, going there is something else.

O.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Mike (6th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    That's a very pessimistic view Mike! For most people Ayahuasca is the best and easiest route to spiritual awakening and a way of truly seeing the demons within (trauma repressions) that are holding them back in life. In fact, it is exactly these that give rise to your negative view on the matter...

But yes, you need a good shaman or guide and then you have nothing to lose except bad things and everything to gain. I would highlyrecommend it to anyone who feels a calling. Go for it, take that leap of faith into the unknown.

i agree with you 5th- take the leap of faith! i'm all for it, actually.

my last post was a little tongue in cheek, but i really do have 'what if' fears and all that. but i wouldn''t let them stop me if i had the resources for the trip. i think i'd go thru with it.

as an aside: there is a really cool documentary on netflix called 'the last shaman' - originally brought to my attention by Rachel - about a college age guy who seeks out a shaman as a last resort for his depression and hopelessness. i strongly recommend it. it gives the viewer a realistic look into what the whole process is like
    Last edited by Mike; 6th January 2019 at 15:39.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

drneglector (6th January 2019), Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member Retief's Avatar
    Thanks

Laurel,

Last month I attended a weekend retreat at https://www.ayahuascachurches.org/. The program was 3 ceremonies over the weekend. It was a great (although in my case hard) experience and the staff was very professional. As the old saying goes you might not get what you want but you'll get what you need. That was certainly true in my case. I plan on going again sometime in the future. Good fortune in your journey.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Retief For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th January 2019), Franny (7th January 2019), halcyon026 (8th January 2019), Laurel (7th January 2019), Mike (6th January 2019), Orph (6th January 2019), scotslad (6th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th January 2019), william r sanford72 (6th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #110
    United States Avalon Member Laurel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the fantastic comments and advice!

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Well, I couldn't find any negative info on them, that might say a fair bit actually.
    Quote Posted by Orobo (here)
    I checked out the site and it is well done, both the site and the retreats. This is kind of the pinnacle of modernized ayahuasca use.
    If you can spare the money it seems like a safe way to meet the tea.
    Thank you for checking it out. It seems to be about the same price as the retreats in Peru and Ecuador, and about half the price of the one in Costa Rica.

I remember reading a thread awhile back about the ashram in India. It sounds fascinating.

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Pun intended ?

As long as you trust the Shaman and the rest of the group and try to pair up with some one, to look out for each other.
    Wish I was going.
    LOL!! Nice catch
    The person I was supposed to do this with changed his mind. I would have been nice to have a friend there, but ultimately this is my personal journey.
    You’re more than welcome to join me.

Quote Posted by Retief (here)
    Last month I attended a weekend retreat at https://www.ayahuascachurches.org/. The program was 3 ceremonies over the weekend. It was a great (although in my case hard) experience and the staff was very professional. As the old saying goes you might not get what you want but you'll get what you need. That was certainly true in my case. I plan on going again sometime in the future. Good fortune in your journey.
    This isn’t quite what I’m looking for at this time, but I’ll keep it in mind for the future. I appreciate the info!

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    This type of thing has always appealed to me. The degree to which it is wise or foolish depends largely on luck, I think. You have to get to the retreat in one piece, that's number 1. Second you have to find the right shaman or shamans, which is no easy matter, from what I understand. Third, you have to pray you don't sh!t yourself after a few sips of that funky brew and run off into the inky night playing soccer with imaginary skulls...never to be seen again.

The opportunity for catharsis seems equally balanced by the chance of disaster. I think I'd have to be pretty desperate to truly consider it, which is precisely why I've been truly considering it lately.

I just have this sinking feeling it would be a one way trip for me. Id go insane during a sitting and stay behind, wandering those rustic villiages looking like Tom Hanks from 'Castaway', eating crickets and spiders to stay alive. Over time i'd morph into a Colonel Kurtz type character, and give gentle sounding soliloquies about the merits of madness to my imaginary friends...

But don't let me discourage you.
    I’ve dipped my toes into the shimmering pool of madness, so falling all the way in or out can only be an improvement. Plus, I hear crickets are crunchy goodness that taste like chicken.

Getting to the retreat could be an upcoming challenge with the unrest in Brazil. The highway near my home in the land of cheese & beer has been completely shut down three times in the past few months due to shootings. Brazil can’t be much scarier than driving home from work.

I veered off my path years ago through choices - some good, some that I thought were good - and I feel like a phonograph needle stuck in the groove of Skeleton and Roses. I just need a nudge back onto the vinyl and not fade away. This is a rite of passage I need to make; to face my demons and gaze at the beauty they’ve been hiding.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Laurel For This Post:

Mike (7th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

just remember to 'let go'.
    "between 'lives' we all have a great laugh about the parts we have performed in the 'play', and look forward to and have great fun preparing the next chapters to act out."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Mike (7th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #112
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Wink Re: Ayahuasca

Quote Posted by 5th (here)

Your opinion has to be countered, 5th. Approaching a drug with great caution indicates common sense. I'm fascinated with what I read about these trips too but realize that the entire experience is very specific to the individual.

Some people may not be wired mentally or physically for it. Other trippers may encounter shady faux shamans out to make a quick buck.

To infer caution is the result of some kind of subversive force interfering with the mind of the cautious comes across as a new form of fundamentalism, where those who refuse to embrace a god (or drug in this case) are possessed or in league with the devil.

Great that it worked for you and would love to hear more about your experiences though! Will you write about them? you psychonaut share a remarkably brave bunch! Exploring what we currently refer to as inner worlds is the future of tourism. And I imagine it will take place in our own homes.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 7th January 2019 at 20:01.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Franny (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #113
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,067 times in 698 posts

after being interested in the teacher plant "ayahuasca" for almost 20 years i knew that my time had come to participate in an ayahuasca ceremony, i was thinking about it the same day and a friend who is a shaman called me the same day, this was a sign and i asked if he would organize a ceremony soon.

the ceremony took place 2 weeks later and my diet started right on the day of the phone call, since i am a vegetarian this time is also sufficient.

after 2 weeks of strict diet it was then time, the night of the ceremony I received my ration of the brew and I was glad that there was not more in the cup I could just keep it in me the bitter taste should accompany me for many hours.

the candles in the room were extinguished and we found ourselves with closed eyes in full darkness in the room, the brew in my stomach provided a warmth that I could quickly perceive as love that spread throughout my body an indescribable feeling that became stronger and stronger

we were asked by the shaman if we would like to fill our cup with the brew again, i was the only one who said no, for me at that moment everything was perfect i had no desire for more

shortly after i could see rainbow colors everywhere the rainbow spread around me and the feeling of love was incredible at that moment i thought to myself "so this is ayahuasca" this was just the beginning of my incredible journey

the rainbow disappeared and suddenly a being stood directly in front of me it looked like the typical "grey" alien however the color was not grey but light brown/red and also the facial features were different and it had big black almond shaped eyes

i sent my love to the being and right after that i noticed something strange in the right eye of the being, when i looked closer i could see an eye in the eye, it was a human brown eye

my direct reaction was "hey that's you, i know you!" i laughed

after that she showed herself it was like i felt it immediately mother ayahuasca she grinned at me i had unmasked her she stretched out her arm to me smiled at me lovingly and said come with me

then we flew off together

her look was very similar to the female character from the movie avatar but in human version, she was beautiful

she said to me come and dance and we danced and flew through the universe past planets and solar systems

i was pulled back into my body again and again my back ached she immediately came to me and held out her hand and said no come let's dance

the same thing happened when i noticed the bitter taste of the brew in my mouth she immediately came back to me and asked me to dance we flew away

she tells me that we have known each other for a very long time i thought about it wow a very long time what does that mean she kept repeating it for a very very long time after that

I ask how do we know each other?

then i saw an indian standing in a clearing below him a beautiful landscape of meadows and forests the indian was wearing a feather in his hair the indian was me

afterwards i saw myself as an indian with my tribe around a fire we celebrated a ritual and danced it was an indescribable feeling of connection and love we lived in harmony with nature

in this ritual i turned into a falcon and flew but i did not fly alone i flew with mother aya we flew together over meadows, forests, mountains through waterfalls it was an indescribable feeling of love and freedom

i changed back to my current self and we flew together she started to show me planets but it was too fast she showed me more than 20 planets in a few seconds i asked her to slow down and she laughed

after flying past hundreds of planets she told me "you are a sun so shine" then i turned into a star it looked like liquid gold and i spread my energy/love into the universe, she repeated that sentence many many times "you are a sun so shine"

the whole experience was all about love and i could write many hundred lines more, this experience was the deepest connection ive ever felt my entire live, i never felt bad in any part of the ceremony and mother aya took care of me, the best thing that ever happened to me

there is only love, everything else is an illusion
    Last edited by seehas; 17th July 2023 at 16:49.
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

Casey Claar (17th July 2023), Dorjezigzag (17th July 2023), Ioneo (17th July 2023), Isserley (17th July 2023), Kalamos (17th July 2023), Kryztian (17th July 2023), Mari (17th July 2023), Miller (17th July 2023), Orph (19th July 2023), ries (17th July 2023), Wind (17th July 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6