+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 11

Thread: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

1. Link to Post #201
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,835 times in 1,014 posts

Default Re: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

I am having a blast reading this thread. One reason for that is I have had a few glimpses of a "moment" "just prior" to my birth.
    The quotes are there because those words refer to the version of time that seemed to exist during the past incident. These glimpses took place in various sessions I had with a Natural rest, Living Inquiries facilitator, as well as solo sessions I did at home.

So these experiences happened in the context of sitting somewhere and asking myself various questions and looking within my self.I have been using these methods for a while, and I have noticed that the looking involves various levels of what people call looking, or being aware. I look by thinking about words I have chosen to describe myself Such as "the one who is seeking". That may lead to images, and sensations that tend to open up into an experience of traumatic memories. By doing some of this I have settled into the more timeless parts of my self. At one point I was talking about being a terrified boy in an amusement ride, afraid of falling into the ocean below us. We were in a gondola that went out over the ocean, and I was afraid of the gondola falling off, and was afraid of admitting this to my family. So there was some very powerful emotions in the incident. And at the same time what was viewing the incident was perfectly calm, and as we proceeded I start to experience my self as something that existed as something beyond the body and spanned both the present, and the time of the incident, after that session I had a deep connection with the infinite that went on in my daily life. So that gives you a bit about the methods, and at least some of the results I have experienced.

So using similar tools I found myself viewing a golden ball that was claiming, putting a bid in for, or perhaps actively joining the fetus that eventually became this human. There was a feeling of certainty that that fetus had all the circumstances that I needed to experience in my life in order to grow, where that all came from I can not say, though there was a sense of wiser others involved. I don't really believe in separate personalities such as guides etc . I do believe in separate appearances, and in the sense that they are appearing, they are real, I think in the realms of spiritual discussions the use of the words dream and illusion are useful tools not absolute facts. There is a real John typing right now, and I expect a real Chris on the other side that will probably read these words after I post them, as well as various others of you, Hi bye the way.
    An aside here the inquiry tools I have used evolved out of what is often referred to as advaita, there are lots of quotes from Ramana Maaharshi, Adyashanti, and other teachers used in this inquiries community I do my best not to believe any of that, but rather strive to experience it for myself and ask myself what do i really know here on a regular basis.
    So back to my session and the golden ball, I like to describe this as the infinite grape. Because those words convey a lot of impressions that I had of it. It had both a finite size, subjectively grape size for some reason, maybe the fetus was that size, who knows. It also seemed to be in some indescribable way all of existence itself. So it knew all of these virtues already, and I think it was connected to everything ,and all times.

The question arose earlier in the thread why would the infinite need or want a physical existence in order to learn what it already knew? I think that we need to really hang out with that question in a very deep, and long way in order to get anywhere. And one result of my asking that question has been that I think there is a very extensive project that is trying to build a bridge of experience between the infinite and the finite and there is a commitment to bring every piece of existence all the way through that experience. I think Robert Monroe might have said something about a creator wanting to make another one of it's selves that could relate to it as an equal. That idea has been expressed by many over the decades so I could be blending things I have picked up over the years. I like the phrase I am a work in progress and i feel it can be applied to any conception, or experience of a creator, higher self, oversoul, etc.

So as a last section in this fairly long post I would like to discuss some specifics of the story that followed this pre-life plan.
    Both my parents were strongly religious (Catholic), quite strict people who were comitted to having as many children as "God gave them, that turned out to be six. I was number 3 and as I found out recently by talking to my mother, Dad was not able to spend much time with us as he was working full time as an aeronautical engineer, as well as earning a PhD in the field.
    So in hindsight I can see a circumstance of only so much love, time and compassion to go around. That I feel is a good lab practical designed to develop compassion for self and others, still working on that, lol.

Along with that description I want to include a life long fascination with jets. I have a very powerful interest and thrill reaction to flying in, and observing jets. I have not contacted the start or cause of this interest/compulsion but I somehow am certain that it is connected to my choice of father. This is mostly a pleasurable thing other than the awareness that most of this attraction is to military jets, which are war machines, and I suspect may have to do with a world war two life as an American soldier that I have bumped into various times. My parents grew up during WWII and I feel that is also part of my life selection, as well as a larger world wide learning/growth project, probably much larger than that even.

So there are those pieces as well as my being by more impractical and less scientific than any of my sibs however my strongest interest in my life has been a love of animals and all living things.As well as fascinations with astronomy, geology, etc. When I was trying to find a list of Robert Schwartz's virtues I found an older list of 14 of them, and had a real strong reaction to unconditional love, I identified several of them , but that one was a biggie, and i feel like that one has driven me to become a spiritual seeker, and Avalon member more than any other factor in my life. Now as far as the teachings of Yeshua/Jesus, and the rather problematical history of the Catholic church go I now accept all that as a part of my ongoing education in the context of universal love.

I want to end with the context of my present life, and that is that my father died late last June and I was able to fly down to L.A, and participate in his funeral, and spend some very valuable time with my mother who is in the last stages of COPD, and is currently completely bed ridden. We discussed a lot of her experience as a wife, mother, and some tense aspects of her relationship with my late Grandmother. This was an intense experience of feeling forgiveness, and observing forgiveness in my Mother. So in this moment I am tempted to say there are little mini graduations along the way for all of us, that should be treasured. And all the explorations I have had into life along the way are helping me to understand all this better, and that includes this thread.

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (17th January 2019), Joe Akulis (17th January 2019), Keyholder (18th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Orph (17th January 2019), Rosemarie (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), what is a name? (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #202
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    I just want to mention this is the best thread ever for me.!
    Its for me one of those moments where everything happens with divine timing.
    I tried to participate a few times in this thread but what was written did not express what I felt so I deleted.
    It stirs very complex emotions, feelings which for now I cannot write.
    Thanks so much for everyone's replies...

I agree Olam, I deleted my first attempt, went on to other things because it was so hard to decide what to say here.
    We are not just discussing our very lives here including some of it's most intense moments but we are trying to grasp
    the ultimate context of that, so, not easy eh?

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Orph (17th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #203
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Amazing. As ties in with your other thread on back-drop people, some day we will meet in an odd, out of the way place, like an A&P and laugh over all the dumb stuff we have thought and done over the years.

The book is much better than the videos. I remember I was uncomfortable with some of the concepts dealt with in the book when it first came out. Remember, I was bought up in the South, as a nice and wicked little Roman Catholic girl who was on her knees at the Stations of the Cross, wondering what I could have possibly done to sin so badly I had to ask for forgiveness.

But, as the years have rolled on and experience has taught me a few things, many of the concepts in that book have been comforting to me and proven weirdly true over the years. It's good, positive stuff.

Omg! As an pseudo ex Catholic I can really relate. I wonder sometimes how fully we can outgrow religious indoctrination.
    But taking that as far as we can is a pretty valuable journey!

John

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Rosemarie (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #204
    Australia Avalon Member Constance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,351 times in 843 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Rach It's some sort of divine tapestry that I can't even begin to wrap my head around.
    Thanks for the wonderful thread Mike.

Yes! That is the perfect description, a divine tapestry.

I used to chat quite a bit to my son before he was conceived.

When he would reach out to me in the hours of the twilight or the dawn, I could feel the absolute sweetness and purity of his soul.

He was waiting for the exact moment to be with me. It was all about divine time.

I still remember the exact moment when he was conceived. He was there, waiting.

When my son was little, he used to sleep so still and quietly next to me. It was the most thrilling experience because in his stillness, his soul would again reach out to me and that old familiar feeling would fill me.
    Last edited by Constance; 17th January 2019 at 04:17.
    "Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."~ Elizabeth Stone

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (18th January 2019), Hym (17th January 2019), johnf (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Orph (17th January 2019), Rosemarie (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #205
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,797 times in 8,446 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Rach It's some sort of divine tapestry that I can't even begin to wrap my head around.
    Thanks for the wonderful thread Mike.

Yes! That is the perfect description, a divine tapestry.

I used to chat quite a bit to my son before he was conceived.

When he would reach out to me in the hours of the twilight or the dawn, I could feel the absolute sweetness and purity of his soul.

He was waiting for the exact moment to be with me. It was all about divine time.

I still remember the exact moment when he was conceived. He was there, waiting.

When my son was little, he used to sleep so still and quietly next to me. It was the most thrilling experience because in his stillness, his soul would again reach out to me and that old familiar feeling would fill me.
    Sooo nice,

being or becoming a parent is so great for healthy spiritual development

I also remember the exact moment mine, she, was conceived. The sky opened and she came as a ray of light - take it as a figure of style or literally, this is not important. But I remember, it was conscious for both of us.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Constance (17th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (18th January 2019), greybeard (17th January 2019), johnf (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Orph (17th January 2019), Rosemarie (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #206
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,560 times in 4,881 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Yes! Enough to make me wonder if that may be "it", my whole big plan for this lifetime was to give my daughter the kind of father she needed. Like, maybe I was hanging around in Spiritville, in a Cloud 9 Recliner, by a rainbow river of flowing musical energy, sipping a cold glass of cloud squeezins, and one of my soul group members came up and said, "Hey, you ready for an adventure? I need a kind of loving, compassionate, heart-centered dad that's also kinda of kooky and fun loving...", and I said, "You had me at "adventure." When do I need to leave?"

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Constance (17th January 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (18th January 2019), greybeard (17th January 2019), Joe Akulis (17th January 2019), johnf (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Orph (17th January 2019), Padmé (18th January 2019), Rosemarie (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), Wind (18th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #207
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

The unconditional love Flash. Oh my.

Being a parent is a game changer that's for sure.

Quote I also remember the exact moment mine, she, was conceived. The sky opened and she came as a ray of light - take it as a figure of style or literally, this is not important. But I remember, it was conscious for both of us.
    Wow! How wonderful Flash!
    Last edited by Constance; 17th January 2019 at 04:50.
    "Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."~ Elizabeth Stone

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Flash (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (18th January 2019), greybeard (17th January 2019), johnf (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), onawah (17th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #208
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Yes! Enough to make me wonder if that may be "it", my whole big plan for this lifetime was to give my daughter the kind of father she needed.
    That would be a most noble and beautiful thing Dennis.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (18th January 2019), greybeard (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #209
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 44,972 times in 7,300 posts

I know when and where my first son was conceived--I knew the moment iit happened.
    When out twins were born I felt the birth pains to the moment about twenty minutes apart.
    The phone rang soon after to say they were born.
    Life is very strange.

Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Constance (17th January 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (18th January 2019), johnf (17th January 2019), Olam (17th January 2019), Orph (17th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), Wind (18th January 2019), wondering (18th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #210
    Thanks

Diving Deeper in to the Near Death Experience | Anita Moorjani - Speaker & Best Selling Author

I decided to post this here as there is an interest expressed in NDE.
    There is a lot about the energy of the spirit all joined to the collective.
    She points out at 22 minutes in that those who protest coming from anger are negatively affecting-while Monks and Hermits in their retreats are uplifting the energy of the world.
    Great video
    Chris

20. Link to Post #211
    Thanks

It could well be that some for their Pre-Birth Plan decided to come here just to lift the collective by sitting in a cave meditating.
    The higher the spiritual vibration/energy of the individualthe more the positive efect they have on the collective consciousness.
    The Late Dr David Hawkins in "Power vs Force" gives quite a bit of detail including graphs on this subject.
    He also claimed that the soul group flew in to incarnation together--as part of their collective plan.
    Everyone off "good heart" makes a positive difference, coming from the right place--intention makes the difference profound.
    Chris
    Ps
    Spirit is much more powerful than physical according to Anita.
    So taking action in frustration, anger, is counter productive, which is why the human race is slow to proceed to peace and harmony.
    Last edited by greybeard; 19th January 2019 at 09:23.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Olam (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

22. Link to Post #212
    Thanks

Im in pursuit of peace and harmony.
    Thats my plan.
    Love has been given a bad name by New Age philosophy--perhaps.
    Though I hope for love to prevail.
    Chris

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Valerie Villars (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 11