+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12

Thread: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

That's really sweet Dennis. I had no idea back then, the book would become such a big thing to so many people. It's wonderful and I am deeply honored that it seems to have struck a chord with people and helped them.

That book actually exploded with meaning when I had my spiritual awakening. I remember waves of ineffable joy washing over me and realized the deep, wonderful, mysterious power of "God".

I do want to make one correction. When I saw the woman crying in the convenience store after Katrina, what I actually said, and Rob edited was when she stated she had lost everything I said "Do you have any children?" She said "Yes" and I asked her if they were okay. She replied in the affirmative. And I told her "Then you haven't lost everything."

I guess Rob didn't want to put that part in, because to those who had lost a child or children, the implication would have been that they had lost everything. But, I was specifically trying to help her and to me, who had lost my child, she had everything.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

ceetee9 (29th January 2019), Constance (28th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (28th January 2019), Forest Denizen (28th January 2019), onawah (28th January 2019), Orph (28th January 2019), Rosemarie (15th May 2019), Stephanie (13th February 2020), Words of Joy (29th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #222
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

I guess the problem I have with the concept of a pre-birth plan is that if there is only one being (i.e., God, The Creator, Source, or whatever you wish to call it) and that it created each and every soul in the multiverse and they are all merely a "spark" of that Creator, and that every incarnated human (and other sentient) being is merely a "spark" of each of those souls then who is it that truly needs to learn anything (i.e., what is the need for any pre-birth plan, life plan, or anything else)?

Perhaps I'm not understanding Robert Schwartz in the AfterLife TV video. Leaving aside how he (or anyone else) could possibly know about a pre-birth plan, spirit guides, etc. or why only certain humans seem to possess this knowledge, if indeed there is only “The Creator” and that Creator is infinite intelligent conscious energy and possesses infinite unconditional love and knowledge then what does it have to learn? Why would it need or want to create us? Why would it create us imperfectly so that we would have to spend eternity learning how to get back to Source?

Or, could it be that The Creator does not possess infinite knowledge, love, or understanding and is actually questioning itself through us? Could it be living vicariously through us to experience physical sensations (both good and bad) much like a perpetual student who may possess great theoretical knowledge, but who has little to no real-world knowledge or experience? Could it actually be a highly advanced alien species experimenting with lifeforms of which we are one?

And regardless of what our creator actually is, could we ever be sure of its true intentions? Knowing that it is so easy for humans to betray one another, would it not be child's play for God or a highly advanced species to betray us that much easier (e.g., instill in us an ecstatic/euphoric feeling of unconditional love unlike anything we've ever experienced in order to gain our trust and acceptance of whatever it has planned for us)?

I'm not saying that I disagree with what Mr. Schwartz had to say—or any of the hundreds of others I've read or listened to who claim to have knowledge, understanding, or experience of things that I'm sure many, perhaps all, of us have questioned or wondered about throughout our lives. In fact, I very much enjoy reading and listening to these people. I have learned much or, at least, have gleaned many ideas that I had not considered—or perhaps, considered but discarded.

Perhaps I'm just overly skeptical of all of this because I have spent a lifetime wrestling with many of these concepts and ideas and have yet to come to any definitive conclusion about most things so I wonder how and why others have. Perhaps I'm just slow or The Creator has a sense of humor that I'm just not getting.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

greybeard (29th January 2019), Michi (30th January 2019), onawah (29th January 2019), Orph (29th January 2019), Valerie Villars (29th January 2019), Zampano (29th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #223
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,613 times in 20,704 posts

Very good questions to ponder!
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

greybeard (29th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #224
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

This may sound very shallow given the depth of what you are all discussing, but I sometimes wonder if we're more "AVATARS.. " And at any point and time, the "Energy" they steal, as you call it, is nothing more than them taking over our functions in order to "drive" us, as if we are in some really random video game that we're unaware of. And not "EATING anything off of us at all. More like we are the characters in a game, and sometimes they log in. And take over. And then we wake up one day entirely different people, doing random things we would never do.. And about a month later we wonder "What came over us" to make us behave in such a way.. Or the Deja' Vu feeling some describe, when they "Reboot" or "Upgrade" the game.

Just a thought...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

chris_walker (31st January 2019), Orph (29th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #225
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    I guess the problem I have with the concept of a pre-birth plan is that if there is only one being (i.e., God, The Creator, Source, or whatever you wish to call it) and that it created each and every soul in the multiverse and they are all merely a "spark" of that Creator, and that every incarnated human (and other sentient) being is merely a "spark" of each of those souls then who is it that truly needs to learn anything (i.e., what is the need for any pre-birth plan, life plan, or anything else)?

Perhaps I'm not understanding Robert Schwartz in the AfterLife TV video. Leaving aside how he (or anyone else) could possibly know about a pre-birth plan, spirit guides, etc. or why only certain humans seem to possess this knowledge, if indeed there is only “The Creator” and that Creator is infinite intelligent conscious energy and possesses infinite unconditional love and knowledge then what does it have to learn? Why would it need or want to create us? Why would it create us imperfectly so that we would have to spend eternity learning how to get back to Source?

Or, could it be that The Creator does not possess infinite knowledge, love, or understanding and is actually questioning itself through us? Could it be living vicariously through us to experience physical sensations (both good and bad) much like a perpetual student who may possess great theoretical knowledge, but who has little to no real-world knowledge or experience? Could it actually be a highly advanced alien species experimenting with lifeforms of which we are one?

And regardless of what our creator actually is, could we ever be sure of its true intentions? Knowing that it is so easy for humans to betray one another, would it not be child's play for God or a highly advanced species to betray us that much easier (e.g., instill in us an ecstatic/euphoric feeling of unconditional love unlike anything we've ever experienced in order to gain our trust and acceptance of whatever it has planned for us)?
    From personal experience I'm 100% convinced God is not out to deceive us. What we live in here is a simulation. Here it is we have the chance to learn to love unconditionally. Here we get a chance to show that it's not about us. And once we get to that realization and connect to God, then one will have the chance to get to know Him. And what I have learned so far about God is nothing less than absolute beauty in many aspects. He asks and he gives. What He asks pulls me closer to being love and what he gives brings me closer to being love. And a lot of those things are not written in the bible. Only a personal relationship will provide for you to know what plan He has with you. I'm happy I took the leap of faith towards Him. Praying daily to make sure I'm investing in the relationship. At first nothing much happened, though because I prayed to get more close to Him and get to know Him, I got drawn closer. Now, 1.5 years later the relationship is intense and real. It is helpful for many people around me, it is heart touching, it's amazing, it's surprising, it is like nothing I've ever read about and probably for everyone it's different to a certain extend.

After building such a relationship with God, the future will be different than without. It's not just returning back to the source. It's also being upgraded spiritually. It's about lifting limitations we experience here. It's about ending suffering. It is not where it ends, but where it starts.

I've been reading in this thread also about waiting lines of souls for planet earth. I remember the video of Jessica... something on Project Camelot. Who also referred to this time being busier than ever on planet earth with souls coming in. That was before the whole 2012 ascension thing. At that time I had an open mind to possibilities. Though somehow that interview stuck in my memory. And it rose back into consciousness recently when I began to receive (more than subtle) hints pointing towards the end times as prophesied in the Bible. I'll spare all details, as I don't want to derail. Though I now have a feeling that those two might be related, as it's almost 'harvest time'. If people are interested in my perspective on this, I'll consider creating a topic on this.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

ceetee9 (29th January 2019), Flash (30th January 2019), greybeard (29th January 2019), Olam (29th January 2019), onawah (29th January 2019), Orph (29th January 2019), Valerie Villars (29th January 2019), Wind (29th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #226
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

...then who is it that truly needs to learn anything (i.e., what is the need for any pre-birth plan, life plan, or anything else)?
    Maybe the Infinite has been exploring what it's like to be finite...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

ceetee9 (29th January 2019), Constance (15th July 2019), greybeard (29th January 2019), Valerie Villars (29th January 2019), Wind (29th January 2019), Words of Joy (30th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #227
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Maya was known as Indras dream.
    The play of consciousness.
    When we dream it can be interesting--potential realizing its self.---and its very real.
    So at one level we are the dreamt and the dreamer.
    Christ said "Wear the world like a loose garment"

So while here we have to be aware of the reality of it and the fact that we decided to be here.
    However awakening is possible.
    Those that have NDE, say the other side is more real than here---but here we are, time being.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 29th January 2019 at 18:12.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ceetee9 (30th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th July 2019), Wind (30th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #228
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We are looking at this through human eyes.
    All we can do is give an opinion and that's consciousness at play.
    The infinite is timeless--eternal; change--growth and human thought is not applicable to That.

The cycle of changes the Yugas is well documented and also described in the Edgar Cayce videos.
    Cayce also describes awakening from the dream and Oneness.
    When he was asked what enlightenment felt like he said--"Familiar"
    Its the natural state.
    All is possible within the play of consciousness

Chris

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (30th January 2019), ceetee9 (30th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (29th January 2019), Wind (30th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #229
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    ...then who is it that truly needs to learn anything (i.e., what is the need for any pre-birth plan, life plan, or anything else)?

Thanks Joe. That's my take too.

In order to know itself as infinite, it had to experience the opposite of that. My humble opinion anyway.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ceetee9 (30th January 2019), Constance (30th January 2019), greybeard (29th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th July 2019), onevoice (30th January 2019), petra (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (29th January 2019), Wind (30th January 2019), Words of Joy (30th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #230
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Or what if we are God-created and the hurdles of pain and suffering a tough love that shape and define us..sent to iron out the creases in preparation for the next stage of our journey? I struggle with the concept of a prime mover able to create from scratch a heaven and earth and all the joys of creation while lacking in infinite knowledge, love and understanding..l think a creator on this scale more likely to be streetwise in all areas.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spaceball Ricochet For This Post:

petra (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (30th January 2019), Words of Joy (31st January 2019)

21. Link to Post #231
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spaceball Ricochet (here)
    Or what if we are God-created and the hurdles of pain and suffering a tough love that shape and define us..sent to iron out the creases in preparation for the next stage of our journey? I struggle with the concept of a prime mover able to create from scratch a heaven and earth and all the joys of creation while lacking in infinite knowledge, love and understanding..l think a creator on this scale more likely to be streetwise in all areas.
    The answer is possibly human free will.
    Its covered here in another Edgar Cayce video.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1272291

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (30th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th July 2019), petra (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #232
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

In order to know itself as infinite, it had to experience the opposite of that. My humble opinion anyway.
    That's a cool perspective!

I find it a bit serendipitous that you say 'My humble opinion'...

I recall wondering if God would understand what 'humble' means, and to me that's kind of similar to the Infinite exploring what 'finite' means. Some people might say that God doesn't need to feel humble, or God doesn't need us (at all) but I tend to disagree with those people.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

ClearWater (15th July 2019), Constance (15th July 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th July 2019), Joe Akulis (16th July 2019), Mike (15th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019)

25. Link to Post #233
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)

That's a cool perspective!

I find it a bit serendipitous that you say 'My humble opinion'...

I recall wondering if God would understand what 'humble' means, and to me that's kind of similar to the Infinite exploring what 'finite' means. Some people might say that God doesn't need to feel humble, or God doesn't need us (at all) but I tend to disagree with those people.
    I once heard someone define the word "humble" as being a state where that person has a conscious awareness that there is so much to know in this life and they come from a place where they are truly open to knowing more.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

ClearWater (15th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), greybeard (15th July 2019), Mike (15th July 2019), petra (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #234
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)

I once heard someone define the word "humble" as being a state where that person has a conscious awareness that there is so much to know in this life and they come from a place where they are truly open to knowing more.
    I think I'm there right now, and it's a wonderful place to be

I heard "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't know" before, and that was pretty humbling. And besides, no one likes a know-it-all

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Constance (16th July 2019), Forest Denizen (16th July 2019), greybeard (16th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th July 2019), Valerie Villars (16th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #235
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

That tidbit about the infinite and the finite, just FYI, was a very profound bit of insight supplied by TraineeHuman in his excellent Higher Self thread. Here was the post:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post902478

When I went back to grab the link for that post, I noticed that I had replied to it right afterwards complimenting Trainee for such a superb contribution. :-)

That thread helped me put together a lot of puzzle pieces over my years here at Avalon.

Much love,
    Joe

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

greybeard (17th July 2019), Harmony (1st December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12