+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

Quote Apparently, it is possible to "bite off more than we can chew" in the between lives planning stages. We feel invincible while in the soul state (or whatever one wishes to call it) and can easily cram too many challenges into one life if we get too eager. There are examples of souls ignoring the advice of their guides and elders and sort of going rogue. This is precisely the sort of idiotic thing i'd do, and I've suspected more than once that this is exactly what I've done.
    Mike, you are so funny. You remind me of me. I have a VERY hard head and I've always been very independent.

It takes a lot more to get someone like me's attention. It only makes the 2x4's the guides use to hit you over the head, that much bigger.

I realized after the second death that someone was trying to get my attention. That there was a reason this would happen twice. So, I resolved to come to terms with it. It wasn't easy. We live in a world where everyone thinks being alive and having a smooth life means you are blessed. That's not exactly true. It just means you wanted to come in and have an easy ride.

When did you ever really learn when things were easy?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (7th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), greybeard (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), onawah (7th January 2019), Rosemarie (14th May 2019), Sadieblue (8th January 2019), sunwings (9th January 2019), Words of Joy (8th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Thank you Valerie, for your immense courage and your power to start over again. My heart is with you.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to toppy For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (7th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), greybeard (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), Sadieblue (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Toppy, you're post really touched me. Thank you. Each one of us is immensely courageous just for being here.

I am humbled.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (7th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), greybeard (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), Sadieblue (8th January 2019), toppy (9th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,540 times in 813 posts

Can I say that I am very much in awe of those of you who have posted within this thread....you are all beautiful and it has been a pleasure to read the replies

And can I add.... Valerie, (if I may be so bold to address you so informally) you show such strength and willingness to impart knowledge of such personal harm within a life that I find it truly inspiring.... thank you

Now without wishing to be 'the' party pooper....

Sorry but this is nothing more than a rehash of the first "New Age Movement"
    Literally it is small part truth and a major presentation of money making lies.

There I said it. And I am sorry if I have upset anyone but I am also certain that upon the sidelines are many others who tried to watch the video within the opening post and found it very difficult to do so!

I lasted 6:45 min before I wanted to turn it off but continued to 30min and then I just had to stop the utter marketing campaign being shown.

Now please....I am not a 'human' and nor are you but so very many are.

The issue is that there is a war and your vehicle is occupied by you, your enemy, the intent of the vehicle it's self.... and has 'radio' communication with your lieutenants....or something along those lines lol

But this is a war for 'children'!

Let me ask you.... When and where are 'souls' born? And please do not say that they always have been as it is meaningless.

Anyway sorry....nice chat to read, just wanted 'others' to know that they are not the only one considering the OP vid as incorrect.

love and light....or not

(ps: don't forget to create your own reality....I believe there are many books to purchase on the subject)
    Normal..!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Antagenet (9th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), toppy (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (16th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Lake, I don't disagree with some of your points, especially regarding the New Age bent of Rob's perspective.

My real intent on participating with the project really was to help others by showing we all go through some pretty traumatic things as humans and that there is a way to get through it; with courage, resilience and perspective. Perspective being a realization that all of this is just the blink of an eye.

When you realize you are an eternal being, it becomes almost impossible to be a victim. It doesn't make the very real emotional pain any easier, but it helps everyone when we help ourselves.

That's the way I've always seen it.

All of what we go through is but a stepping stone to a new understanding and some people are still on the stone of getting out of victimhood. Anything that helps get them out of that mode is okay in my book.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (7th January 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Orph (7th January 2019), Rosemarie (14th May 2019), Sadieblue (8th January 2019), toppy (9th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    When you realize you are an eternal being,
    Thank you....If I may ask?

Why would an 'eternal being' require lessons?
    That being must have existed for greater that 13.4 billion years....infact for much more 'time' than could even be considered!

So in all that God like 'time'....that eternal being now needs to learn considerations of physical matter?
    What....It never had the 'time' for class before?

Again if I may enquire.... When and where are 'souls' born?

Normal..!

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Ascension (16th July 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), greybeard (7th January 2019), Michi (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Savannah (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Im smiling Lake.
    Eternal is without beginning or end.
    If the "New age" came into being many thousand years ago then you might be right.
    Nasargadatta talks of the unborn--you are That.
    Some scientists are coming to the conclusion that time is a creation of the human mind.

Long before "New age" Advaita spoke of One without second--some folk speak of Oneness without a clue that it is literal.

Edgar Cayce spoke of the journey of the soul and related it to the hyroglipics in Ancient Egypt--these chart the journey of the soul and the importance of awakening Kundalini--which no doubt is the is part of the Pre-birth plan for some.

Chris
    Several videos on the journey of the soul re Edgar Cayce here
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1267454
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

There have been reports from various sources (sorry I cannot name any offhand, but you have probably also heard them) that nuclear weapons can actually damage souls, and that is one reason ETs have been taking over controls of armed missiles, closely monitoring military bases, etc.
    (The reports also say that nuclear weapons also cause damage on other dimensions, so they can affect sentient beings that we may not be aware of at all which share "space" with us in a way that is not yet well understood.)
    I have heard of souls who work in between planes on helping to heal such damaged souls, and that it takes a long time and a lot of skill.
    There are also a lot of healers who practice a technique called "soul retrieval", based on the premise that in the case of severe traumas, parts of our souls can become fragmented and lose connection with the rest.
    I've been the recipient of some of that kind of work, and it did seem to help.

The Michael Teachings is a very thorough and well-researched body of work with many contributors which I have found to be most helpful.
    I had a huge "AHA!" moment when I encountered some Michael info, which said that souls go through many different levels of evolution, each level reaching a plateau before we can move on to the next level.
    That may entail tying up a lot of loose ends, paying off old karma or forgiving karmic debts, etc. before we can take the next big step into a more evolved way of experiencing.
    So sometimes a soul will decide that they don't want to linger any longer on the level they are in, and they are ready to try and take on the whole load of unfinished karma in one lifetime, so they can then jump up to the next level.
    That may entail a very INTENSE lifetime.
    My life has been like that, and until I read that explanation, I could not make any sense of my life, since many of the varied experiences seemed so unconnected.
    Sometimes I felt like a cat with 9 lives who was living them all in ONE lifetime.
    Finally understanding was like solving a big, fat koan.

One explanation for feeling like a victim when things are not going the way you feel like they should is that other souls may have reneged on pre-birth agreements you made with them regarding experiences you would have together.
    If your side of the agreement depended heavily on them following through, when they didn't it can really throw a wrench into the works of your own life.
    You can still hold yourself responsible for putting so much trust in someone who didn't follow through for you, of course, but the point is that we have to be prepared for the unexpected, because things don't always go according to plan, and one unexpected event can set off a chain reaction in a lot of lives, like a line of dominoes.

When I was attending classes at the Berkeley Psychic Institute, I spent some time at their Psychic Midwifery Clinic. The psychics would give readings to pregnant clients about the incoming souls (which they called "baby beings") they would be giving birth to.
    One thing I recall especially from some readings was about 2 baby beings who were competing for a body.
    The parents had made an agreement with the soul of one they had known in past lives, to be their parents.
    But another soul really wanted that body, and there was a kind of fight going on on the non-physical plane between the two baby beings.
    The psychics were able to intervene, and with the help of the mother, bring the baby being of choice safely into the fetus.
    So I had to conclude that not all pre-birth agreements are necessarily going to get manifested.
    Things may all be in Divine Order, but from a human perspective, there is still a lot of chaos in the Universe!
    Last edited by onawah; 7th January 2019 at 20:29.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (9th January 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), greybeard (7th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Rosemarie (14th May 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Atomic radiation and other things can change DNA.
    Energy from the sun can too.
    However you are not the bodies DNA.
    This is the vehicle for an incarnation and the body has been upgraded several times since spirit came to the planet.
    Seems we may be due another upgrade down to extreme sun activity forecast in recent threads.
    Not wishing to labour a point but its spoken of in a video I watched recently on a talk about Edgar Cayce entitled "The Coming Golden Age.
    For me its an interesting "May be so"
    I will no doubt be long gone before this happens.
    Chris

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Nasargadatta talks of the unborn--you are That.
    Thanks big dude

And that is exactly what I am stating....and asking

The unborn....as yet!

Not having been eternal, but a new born babe....becoming, or maybe becoming?

And all else is but dust and wind....the rambling of an old man wishing to firmly grasp the mind of a newly emerged, so as to limit it's participation within the 'true' illusion of a reality.

As there is nought but sige or silence
    Normal..!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    When you realize you are an eternal being,
    Thank you....If I may ask?

Why would an 'eternal being' require lessons?
    That being must have existed for greater that 13.4 billion years....infact for much more 'time' than could even be considered!

So in all that God like 'time'....that eternal being now needs to learn considerations of physical matter?
    What....It never had the 'time' for class before?

Again if I may enquire.... When and where are 'souls' born?

You will have to ask a higher authority about when and where we are born. I have no idea. But I have experienced timelessness with no beginning and no end and everything all at once. It is a mystery as to how. I just know it's real.

I'm not sure I believe we need lessons. Maybe, maybe not.

Perhaps you've never been to earth before. What if we started out as minerals, morphed into rocks (all as expressions of consciousness) and so on? That would take eons, just on this plane. And there are endless planes.

I'm just expressing some thoughts. I certainly don't know. If someone does, they have yet to give me the answer.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Orph (7th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,530 times in 5,711 posts

Can I say that I am very much in awe of those of you who have posted within this thread....you are all beautiful and it has been a pleasure to read the replies

And can I add.... Valerie, (if I may be so bold to address you so informally) you show such strength and willingness to impart knowledge of such personal harm within a life that I find it truly inspiring.... thank you

Now without wishing to be 'the' party pooper....

There I said it. And I am sorry if I have upset anyone but I am also certain that upon the sidelines are many others who tried to watch the video within the opening post and found it very difficult to do so!

I lasted 6:45 min before I wanted to turn it off but continued to 30min and then I just had to stop the utter marketing campaign being shown.

Now please....I am not a 'human' and nor are you but so very many are.

The issue is that there is a war and your vehicle is occupied by you, your enemy, the intent of the vehicle it's self.... and has 'radio' communication with your lieutenants....or something along those lines lol

But this is a war for 'children'!

Let me ask you.... When and where are 'souls' born? And please do not say that they always have been as it is meaningless.

Anyway sorry....nice chat to read, just wanted 'others' to know that they are not the only one considering the OP vid as incorrect.

love and light....or not

(ps: don't forget to create your own reality....I believe there are many books to purchase on the subject)

It's cool to disagree with the video, Lake. I'm not entirely sure how much of it I agree with either.

But creating your own reality doesn't run counter to the Schwartz' research. It's the very essence of it, actually

I'll admit to not really understanding the concept that all souls are eternal, but it's no more or less esoteric than the idea of souls being born at some point in "time". The thread is an exploration of these things though, because no one truly knows. But instead of offering cryptic questions, I'd encourage you to please offer your opinion! It's welcome and encouraged. You're not hurting my feelings, I assure you.

It needs to be said that Schwartz does approach all this methodically and analytically, and he's getting the same data over and over again, so it's tough to ignore. But I'm willing to hear any and all criticisms.
    Last edited by Mike; 7th January 2019 at 21:35.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bruno (8th January 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Orph (7th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

There is no scientific laboratory study of spirit life between incarnations, or even just "spirit afterlife." The closest thing to a scientific study that I know of was conducted on live subjects, about 7000 of them, by Michael Newton. Subjects were induced into a state where they remembered time spent between incarnations, and Newton noted similarities and differences in the 7000 subjects' recounting of their non-incarnate experiences, and wrote several books that were the culmination of his research.

As Chris has stated, the truth is One; there really are no separate souls. Any separateness is illusion. Yet, (if you trust that Newton was honest and accurate in his reporting), it appears that we "individual souls" meet-up both in the spirit plane and in incarnate form. So all of the 7000 subjects still fell for the illusion of having a separate soul (separate from the One) even while in spirit form. Further, none could describe God/Source other than in nebulous terms, but the very fact that they were aware of Source outside of themselves is yet another illusory division. (They felt Source as an exterior agent/entity/energy, rather than describing spirit world as immersion in Source by being Source.) So, living in the spirit realm as an individual spirit is still not Enlightenment (union with Source.) Since we are in an illusory state even in spirit form, it doesn't surprise me that we don't know the mechanism by which Source farts-out a "soul", and gives it self-awareness. All Newton's 7000 subjects were (like probably almost every one of us), still caught in the illusion of separateness.

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bruno (8th January 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), drneglector (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (7th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), lake (7th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), Sadieblue (8th January 2019), Savannah (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (7th January 2019), what is a name? (8th January 2019), Wind (8th January 2019), Words of Joy (8th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    But instead of offering cryptic questions, I'd encourage you to please offer your opinion! It's welcome and encouraged. You're not hurting my feelings, I assure you.
    Ok thanks Mike....I will put together my thoughts on the subject and post maybe tomorrow (as it is getting late here)

In the meantime may I ask you to read this post by DeDukshyn?

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post829547

Ta
    Normal..!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would respectfully point out that Truth is known.
    It is experiential as pointed to in Tim's thread that I linked early on.
    Truth is not a concept or opinion
    Any number of Self realized point to Truth in this era--and the number is growing rapidly because the Universe is bringing this about.
    If a person is serious about Enlightenment then they must spend the time imbibing the pointing/teaching of those who are Self Realize.
    Chris

Chris

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (7th January 2019), sllim11 (7th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,530 times in 5,711 posts

Hi Chris

My question would then be: how could someone that is "unrealized", like myself, even begin to identify someone who is realized if I have no idea what I'm looking for?

Truth may not be a concept or opinion, but having not arrived at it yet, that's all most of us can offer.

As far as the truth about soul plans and so on, I think this guy Schwartz is on to something. I think some version of some of the things he describes are true. Which ones and to which degree, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Mike; 7th January 2019 at 22:50.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (8th January 2019)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Graybeard's buddy Nisargadatta Maharaj tells us that nothing perceivable is real.

So it's all a dream. This life, in between, next life...

He also tells us that We are the Source itself.

But this thread ain't about that. It's about the dream. Which is fine. The drama. Which is cool. The word and the manifestation. Which is okay. Till it ain't.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Chanie (13th January 2019), ClearWater (8th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (8th January 2019), drneglector (9th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (8th January 2019), Words of Joy (8th January 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

I've arrived at a very different place in my spiritual journey just recently, which I've attempted to describe in my thread on the Divine Feminine, starting here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1263231
    and:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1263854
    and:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1264066
    and:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1264628

It's the result of a melding of all the direct spiritual experiences, studies and practice I've done in many different disciplines including Zen, Yoga, Vedanta, Sufism, Wicca, Native American, etc. etc, and conspiracy theory, of all things, though they may seem to be diametrically opposed.
    And I have to confess that most old, classical teachings from the "Masters" and the updated versions irritate the hell out of me now, because I think there is a whole lot that they've left out, though most likely unintentionally.
    I think the hologram we are living in is not a natural one, but one that has been interfered with by another race or races, and until we pierce through that artificially created illusion, we are still not seeing the whole picture, just some of the layers.
    And if that's true, then the whole reincarnation cycle is not something we volunteered for, but something we've been entrapped in.
    Edgar Cayce described something similar that happened to humanity in some of his readings that kind of parallel the Wingmaker material, in which a race of powerful beings enslaved some very naive, though spiritually advanced souls by persuading them to take on physical manifestation.
    And what we are seeing now with transhumanism seems to be another step in that downward path, should humanity fall for it.
    The Wingmaker material says that we won't fall for it (though it's wise to remember that a lot of that material was presented in a fictional format).
    The Mystery School material presented by Rudolf Steiner, Madame Blavastsky, etc. that Dark Journalist has been exploring in his "X Series" warned us about this trend, and predicted some would succumb, and some would not.
    ( His latest entry is posted here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1267718 )
    It does all seem to be coming about as predicted, however; the Native American visionaries warned about this time in their prophecies, as well.
    Though subject to more interpretation due to semantics, I've always had a lot of respect for indigenous peoples' abilities to see into the future.
    I hope this is not too far off topic!
    Last edited by onawah; 8th January 2019 at 02:43.
    Each breath a gift...

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Caliban (8th January 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), Hym (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), Orph (8th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (8th January 2019), what is a name? (8th January 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,897 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I would respectfully point out that Truth is known.
    It is experiential as pointed to in Tim's thread that I linked early on.
    Truth is not a concept or opinion
    Any number of Self realized point to Truth in this era--and the number is growing rapidly because the Universe is bringing this about.
    If a person is serious about Enlightenment then they must spend the time imbibing the pointing/teaching of those who are Self Realize.
    Chris

Chris
    No offense Chris, but I cringe every time you write one of these fortune cookie posts.

You are a smart guy, but posting like this is an exercise in "I'm the guru, I can show you the way, stop thinking about it so much and just listen to me".

Phrases like "Truth is not a concept or opinion". Really? No offense but when did you fall off the messiah truck and offer your benevolent healing touch?
    I'm all about your posts when you contribute to the conversation but the whole preaching path is beneath you bro.

Hell, I don't even think you take the time to write half of these Buddhist quotes, the fact that you double wrote your name leads me to believe this was a cut and paste, and if it was a cut and paste as such how much can it really have to do with this thread?

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Caliban (8th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), drneglector (9th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), Hym (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019), sunwings (10th January 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

There is no scientific laboratory study of spirit life between incarnations, or even just "spirit afterlife." The closest thing to a scientific study that I know of was conducted on live subjects, about 7000 of them, by Michael Newton. Subjects were induced into a state where they remembered time spent between incarnations, and Newton noted similarities and differences in the 7000 subjects' recounting of their non-incarnate experiences, and wrote several books that were the culmination of his research.

As Chris has stated, the truth is One; there really are no separate souls. Any separateness is illusion. Yet, (if you trust that Newton was honest and accurate in his reporting), it appears that we "individual souls" meet-up both in the spirit plane and in incarnate form. So all of the 7000 subjects still fell for the illusion of having a separate soul (separate from the One) even while in spirit form. Further, none could describe God/Source other than in nebulous terms, but the very fact that they were aware of Source outside of themselves is yet another illusory division. (They felt Source as an exterior agent/entity/energy, rather than describing spirit world as immersion in Source by being Source.) So, living in the spirit realm as an individual spirit is still not Enlightenment (union with Source.) Since we are in an illusory state even in spirit form, it doesn't surprise me that we don't know the mechanism by which Source farts-out a "soul", and gives it self-awareness. All Newton's 7000 subjects were (like probably almost every one of us), still caught in the illusion of separateness.
    I came to a similar conclusion after believing for a very long time this type of information was the key to the meaning of existence. It is not that Newton / Cannon (in this case Schwartz) is not correct. Souls do seem to experience a between lives state that may be just as unreal as the matrix they are currently living in. All these memories are correct but does that mean we have found the true meaning of life or just the religion /belief system many follow after death. Are we just deluded about what this (existence/physical life) is all about there as we are here?

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Caliban (8th January 2019), Chanie (13th January 2019), Chip (10th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), Hym (8th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Michi (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (8th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast