Thread: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 811 posts

Default Re: Your Soul's Pre-Birth Plan

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by lake (here)
    I will ask you a question Mike, which is not cryptic and should hold something for you....

What is the 'act' of creation and does it (that action) hold a responsibility that YOU would not allow to a 'child'?

I'm having a little difficulty with the way that's worded Lake. Would you mind rewriting in a different way? Thanks! I just want to be totally sure I'm understanding you right.
    You know about the so called 'Law Of Attraction'? If you ramp that interaction up to creating reality around you....in other words Creation of this current illusion in which you are held.......Would YOU allow this possibility (of interaction with the aether) to a child?
    Would you allow a 'child' to create reality upon Terra?
    Normal..!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), petra (8th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

One of the best insights I gained from studying some of the Cayce material was with regard to something I got taught back in school. They called it "Nature vs. Nurture".

The subject had to do with an assumption that who our kids turn out to be is partly due to the dna they got from the parents (nature) combined with how much exposure to and teaching they received from their parents or other educational sources (nurture).

Cayce helps us understand a bigger picture. There are at least two other huge factors involved in what shapes each of us. One is the subject of this thread, the soul journey. Past experience from other lives has a big influence on the things we wish to pursue in future lives. Things we want to rectify, things we want to experience further, things we want to improve about ourselves, etc.

From reading books like Newton's and Monroe's, it seems the more mature you become spiritually (the more lives you live), the more control you get over what you do with your next life. (If someone doesn't believe in reincarnation, then that's where higher spirit guides help with your curriculum until you start to catch on. :- )

Another factor Cayce talks about a lot is astrology. Once you have a plan in place for your next incarnation, a lot of people will use astrology to their advantage, to make it easier to achieve their goals for that life.

He talks about people "spending time in the realm of Saturn" (loosely paraphrasing) in between lives, and also choosing their time of birth to take advantage of a certain star-chart meaning (ie., "what's your sign?" :- ) This stuff can have an effect on our personalities. In fact, in one of Grandma Dolores' books, she talked about how some of the Essenes in their community a few thousand years ago would consult an astrological expert often before deciding if a certain person would be acceptable to set up a lifelong matrimony with. Cool stuff.

Understanding those additional influences on your present life makes a LOT of things about the world we live in make more sense. (Less "God works in mysterious ways" and more "Oh, I get it now!")

Much love to all on this thread.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Caliban (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), drneglector (9th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

Another book not to be left on the shelf is Helen Wombach's "Reliving Past Lives".

https://www.amazon.com/Reliving-Past...=helen+wambach

It's not a very long read, and it's great for the folks who desire a more scientific answer to the question of past lives. I thought it was terrific. She ended up doing things like Cayce started doing, and taking things that were said in trance and doing historical verifications, like for example how all of her regressions back to a certain time frame kept saying that the coins being used for currency all had holes in the centers. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 8th January 2019 at 21:03.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), lake (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), petra (8th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Another tidbit:

There are tons of books about Edgar Cayce. Many of them don't go anywhere near this subject of soul journeys.

The best one I've read so far, when it comes to shedding light on the subject, is from Gina Cerminara. "Many Mansions"

She gathers a lot of great material into one place and discusses the implications that could be drawn from it. There are some terrific stories in here that did the same thing for me in my search for truth: "God's mysterious ways" became "Woah, now I get it!"

A lot of stories about people caught in karmic circles that just can't seem to bust out. "You abused me in that life so now I'm going to abuse you in the next one." Or, "You cheated on me in that life so now I'm cheating on you in this one." And the crazy thing is, the Michael Newton books kinda confirm that all of the players involed are all agreeing to go back in and take on these roles. Like, I was your dad last time but I'll agree to be your son this time, even though I know I'm not going to like it. How's that saying go? Life is a stage? :-)

There's also some great insight to be gained with regard to gender changes in between lives. There's an old saying I once heard, "Man has his will, but woman has her way." Heh heh. On the topic of gender, you might say, "Mankind has its will, but biology will have its way."
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 8th January 2019 at 21:16.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), petra (8th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), sunwings (10th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Reincarnation Presentation featuring John Van Auken from A.R.E. in Va. Beach

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    If we planned our life before we were born then I'm sure some planning went into the death part of it.
    That's a big IF, in my mind! My life feels more like a big orchestrated game. Maybe I planned it originally, but then some one reverse-engineered it to get on my nerves (ha ha). The thing that reassures me (and also makes me laugh) tells me "You can't beat God at his own game", and for some reason that always helps me stop worrying.

Whatever agreements I may have made before getting here, I imagine one of them would have been "I want to be safe". Another one that's paramount in my mind is that "I don't want to come back here again"

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

Trust the process. :-)
    That's beautiful. Don't need to trust in God or Jesus or Angels or any other kind of savior, as long as you trust the process - and I do.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), sunwings (10th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #67
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    Another tidbit:

There are tons of books about Edgar Cayce. Many of them don't go anywhere near this subject of soul journeys.

The best one I've read so far, when it comes to shedding light on the subject, is from Gina Cerminara. "Many Mansions"

She gathers a lot of great material into one place and discusses the implications that could be drawn from it. There are some terrific stories in here that did the same thing for me in my search for truth: "God's mysterious ways" became "Woah, now I get it!"

A lot of stories about people caught in karmic circles that just can't seem to bust out. "You abused me in that life so now I'm going to abuse you in the next one." Or, "You cheated on me in that life so now I'm cheating on you in this one." And the crazy thing is, the Michael Newton books kinda confirm that all of the players involed are all agreeing to go back in and take on these roles. Like, I was your dad last time but I'll agree to be your son this time, even though I know I'm not going to like it. How's that saying go? Life is a stage? :-)
    Ouch!! I'll have to check this one out, "Many Mansions" is a lovely title too.
    I've been trying to piece things together and sounds like a whole lot of vengeance to me.
    I used to be against vengeance, but I'm singing a different tune since I've realized I have so many friends who are vengeful. It's almost like a catch-22 situation, damned if I support vengeance, damned if I don't...

I'm not vengeful, and I never have been, so I don't have the first clue how to "stop being vengeful". The few things I've done which might have looked vengeful were really just me protecting myself.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), greybeard (8th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,310 times in 5,692 posts

I will ask you a question Mike, which is not cryptic and should hold something for you....

What is the 'act' of creation and does it (that action) hold a responsibility that YOU would not allow to a 'child'?

I'm having a little difficulty with the way that's worded Lake. Would you mind rewriting in a different way? Thanks! I just want to be totally sure I'm understanding you right.
    You know about the so called 'Law Of Attraction'? If you ramp that interaction up to creating reality around you....in other words Creation of this current illusion in which you are held.......Would YOU allow this possibility (of interaction with the aether) to a child?
    Would you allow a 'child' to create reality upon Terra?

I imagine the earth would be turned into a Lego set, with half it's inhabitants embedded into them in some grotesque version of the Philidelphia experiment.

Ah but you put the word child in quotes, so I guess you mean humanity eh?

I would allow it, yes. It's the only way the child could evolve into an "adult".

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (8th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (8th January 2019), Words of Joy (9th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Why do I feel like this thread has been diverted from a discussion of the soul's journey (relative reality) to a discussion of enlightenment (ultimate reality) ?

There are threads specifically created for the latter; the OP I'm sure had an intention by posting in the direction they did. Both are valid and related but there are differences.
    +1 on Caliban's comments. All the talk of Oneness is really outside the realm of reincarnation and between-lives planning/agendas, which are based on individuals, and I apologize for following that tangent in my other reply. Maybe we needed to establish that we were not discussing ultimate reality (Oneness) by admitting that individual souls (which is what we are until the moment that that illusion falls away) are still in "duality" even in the between-lives soul state. Realizing Oneness is a different subject. Actually, injecting "Oneness" into this discussion is sort of a discussion-ending 'deus ex machina.' The discussion is about individual souls. Individuals (illusory or not.) If we were talking about backpacking or scuba diving, (activities that individuals engage in), we wouldn't want "Oneness is truth - the mountain and the ocean don't really exist!" to end or even just to derail the discussion (even if it is Truth.)

I have now listened to the video, (and to another) and tried to find out if Robert Schwartz gave credit to Michael Newton, because this sounds very much like a rehash of Michael Newton's material. What I found was:
    Quote Robert Schwartz Biography: In a personal session with a medium in 2003, author Robert Schwartz was astonished to speak with nonphysical beings who knew everything about him – not just what he had done in life, but also what he had thought and felt. They told him that he had planned many of his most difficult experiences before he was born. Realizing that a knowledge of pre-birth planning would bring great healing to people and allow them to understand the deeper purpose of their life challenges, he decided to devote his life to the study of pre-birth planning. The extraordinary insights that have emerged from his work speak to our heartfelt, universal yearning to know . . . why.
    Through information shared through the two videos, my initial impediment to this discussion being held in terms of Robert Schwartz's material rather than Michael Newton's - the question of this being unattributed and derivative of Michael Newton - is overcome. It's actually the same as the 7000 different people all telling Michael Newton about a soul's life-between-lives incarnation planning and agenda. If anything, it simply underscores Michael Newton's work.

Further, Robert Schwartz appears to me to be 100% genuine, sincere, and truthful.

I have been more than intrigued by the concept of contacting my spirit guides and remembering life between incarnations, and even paid for two hypnotherapy life-between-lives sessions. I couldn't (wouldn't?) be hypnotized or go into a trance state by that practitioner (who I sought out because she had written one of the chapters in the final book in Michael Newton's series.)

So, evidently part of my life plan was to come onto this (excellent) topic by Mike and state that, well, I don't know for sure what my soul's plan is. I want to find out before I buy the wing-suit and the psilocyben mushrooms, though. I have major questions about my soul's plan and how that compares to my ego's plan. A great topic that I wish I could add to.

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

avid (8th January 2019), Caliban (9th January 2019), Debra (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Flash (8th January 2019), Forest Denizen (8th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Michi (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), RunningDeer (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), what is a name? (9th January 2019), Wind (8th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,539 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Why do I feel like this thread has been diverted from a discussion of the soul's journey (relative reality) to a discussion of enlightenment (ultimate reality) ?

There are threads specifically created for the latter; the OP I'm sure had an intention by posting in the direction they did. Both are valid and related but there are differences.
    +1 on Caliban's comments.
    [ ... ]
    Realizing Oneness is a different subject.
    Yes, it is.

I might try to bring this [slightly] back on track by sharing a personal anecdote. It's minor, relatively speaking, but it's what the thread was meant to be all about.

In regression quite a while back, I recalled that in the 1840s, when I was a Lama in Tibet, I perceived in meditation a distant society way to the west that was very badly off-balance in every possible way and which urgently needed spiritual help and guidance.

I had no idea where this was (Tibetans at that time knew absolutely nothing of the wider world or its history), but I made the core decision that in my next life, because I was primarily a teacher, I'd incarnate there for a change, and try my best to help.

So that's what happened. I was born in Leicestershire, England, in 1850, to a strict Puritan father who dominated a kind but submissive mother. As their only child, I was 90% locked in my room for the first two years of my life, but was armed with books and toys of all kinds... all on my own. I taught myself to read, and within a few years I could speak and write three languages.

But when I was two and a half, I believe at the family dinner (which I was allowed to participate in), I let out a long, loud howl of pain, loneliness, anger and despair.

My father hit me so hard he sent me, as a tiny toddler, flying ten feet across the room.

In that moment I decided three things, that stayed with me for nearly the next 100 years.
    1. I must never express myself emotionally.
    2. Fathers were bad people, so I must never be a father.
    3. Families were places where bad things happened, so I must never have a family.
    When I was 12, I wrote a book. (Or at least, I called it a book. It was actually a little pamphlet, about 16 pages long.)

A very kind man who lived down the street mimeographed a handful of copies for me. It was titled: A Treatise on the Nature of the Suffering of Man.

Although I was just a kid, though I was a kind of malfunctioning prodigy, I was still sticking, as best I could, to my life's purpose that I'd decided at the end of my previous life.

I went to Cambridge University at the age of 17, where I excelled but was unable to form any friendships or relationships. I was made a fellow (= a lecturer), but again, was unable to connect with anyone. In the end, my oak-paneled study became my monastic cave. I would often sit with my eyes closed in a deep leather armchair, and just kind of melt away from that life. Everything had been a failure. I didn't know it, of course, but I was reliving the meditation that I'd known back in Tibet.

One day, I 'went into my space' — and just never came out. My colleagues, concerned after three days, broke my study door down and found me catatonic. I ended my years in a Victorian asylum, but I suspect that my soul-spirit had long since flown away to somewhere safer and much more pleasant.

In 1902, I was born, again, as the engineering student and mountaineer Andrew Irvine. Had he lived longer than 22 years, he would have been a teacher, too. There was another lifetime after that one, — and THIS time (at last!) I'm starting to get it right.

It really sometimes does take that long.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th January 2019 at 16:25.

20. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (8th January 2019), avid (8th January 2019), Caliban (9th January 2019), Constance (17th January 2019), Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), drneglector (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (8th January 2019), Frenchy (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), Joe Akulis (9th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (8th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Michi (9th January 2019), Mike (9th January 2019), Ol' Roy (8th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), Rosemarie (14th May 2019), RunningDeer (9th January 2019), Sierra (8th January 2019), sunwings (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), what is a name? (9th January 2019), Wind (9th January 2019), Words of Joy (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019), Yoda (9th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

+1 on Caliban's comments.
    [ ... ]
    Realizing Oneness is a different subject.
    Yes, it is.

I might try to bring this [slightly] back on track by sharing a personal anecdote. It's minor, relatively speaking, but it's what the thread was meant to be all about.

In regression quite a while back, I recalled that in the 1840s, when I was a Lama in Tibet, I perceived in meditation a distant society way to the west that was very badly off-balance in every possible way and which urgently needed spiritual help and guidance.

I had no idea where this was (Tibetans at that time knew absolutely nothing of the wider world or its history), but I made the core decision that in my next life, because I was primarily a teacher, I'd incarnate there for a change, and try my best to help.

So that's what happened. I was born in Leicestershire, England, in 1850, to a strict Puritan father who dominated a kind but submissive mother. As their only child, I was 90% locked in my room for the first two years of my life, but was armed with books and toys of all kinds... all on my own. I taught myself to read, and within a few years I could speak and write three languages.

But when I was two and a half, I believe at the family dinner (which I was allowed to participate in), I let out a long, loud howl of pain, loneliness, anger and despair.

My father hit me so hard he sent me, as a tiny toddler, flying ten feet across the room.

In that moment I decided three things, that stayed with me for nearly the next 100 years.
    1. I must never express myself emotionally.
    2. Fathers were bad people, so I must never be a father.
    3. Families were places where bad things happened, so I must never have a family.
    When I was 8, I wrote a book. (Or at least, I called it a book. It was actually a little pamphlet, about 16 pages long.)

A very kind man who lived down the street mimeographed a handful of copies for me. It was titled: A Treatise on the Nature of the Suffering of Man.

Although I was just a kid, though I was a kind of malfunctioning prodigy, I was still sticking, as best I could, to my life's purpose that I'd decided at the end of my previous life.

I went to Cambridge University at the age of 17, where I excelled but was unable to form any friendships or relationships. I was made a fellow (= a lecturer), but again, was unable to connect with anyone. In the end, my oak-paneled study became my monastic cave. I would often sit with my eyes closed in a deep leather armchair, and just kind of melt away from that life. Everything had been a failure. I didn't know it, of course, but I was reliving the meditation that I'd known back in Tibet.

One day, I 'went into my space' — and just never came out. My colleagues, concerned after three days, broke my study door down and found me catatonic. I ended my years in a Victorian asylum, but I suspect that my soul-spirit had long since flown away to somewhere safer and much more pleasant.

In 1902, I was born, again, as the engineering student and mountaineer Andrew Irvine. Had he lived longer than 22 years, he would have been a teacher, too. There was another lifetime after that one, — and THIS time (at last!) I'm starting to get it right.

It really sometimes does take that long.
    Although you still are single Bill with no children. May be you practiced for the next life lolll (teasing you).

I have a story too, that did not came to my awareness through regression, but through a series of dreams.

In my early twenties, I had a whole year where I was dreaming of being a woman, probably named Maria, somewhere in Europe (I had never been in Europe at that time), during the last world war. It felt like Italy or Southern France, or their borders.

I was in the maquis (resistance), carrying food and material in a small peniche (small boat) on a river, for people hidden in the woods.

The dreams would come about weekly, and were follow up from the last one, as in a tv series.

The last dream was about me hearing an helicopter, or so I thought it was, which confounded me because there were no helicopters in the second world war. Then i jump in the water and died there. Another woman was with me on the small boat and jumped to. Looked like my actual twin sister, in energy feeling, not in appearances.

Well, about 25 years later, I am listening to an old second world war original movie of airplanes attacks in Germany. An airplane comes and start shooting. With the original film, it was making pretty much the same noise as an helicopter would.

I then realized I had been shot by an attack airplane in my previous life (dreamed 25 years earlier) while carrying food and probably other thing to help the people in the wood (never knew if they were army, resistance or starving Jews). I then knew I was hit by a bullet on my stomach, exactly where I have a birth mark in the present time, and I died bleeding in the water. My actual sister had died drowning at the same time in that previous life.

We came back together to finish up whatever we were supposed to do in that previous life. So we did work together for a little while in my actual life, but never truly got along anyhow. It seems that it may be the reason for which we died in the previous life. And in this actual lifetime, I saved her twice from drowning. Mission accomplished probably. And no grudge towards her in this lifetime, although I do know getting along is not our thing, I respect that.

what did I have to learn: learning to let go, even of our own life, but certainly of our grudge.

--------------------------------------------

Years ago, when Mini Flash was 8 months old, I did go at the soul level, like this, all of a sudden, I was whom I am, the eternal being, and it was very clear, that I am eternal being, and that this life was not even the time of an eye blink into eternity. It was also clear that i had eternity so solve learning enigma, and that what my ego took for mistakes, I had eternity to correct them. What a peaceful relief.

Incarnations are not necessarily in a time sequence by the way. I may incarnate in Rome in the roman empire and then in year 2125 and then back in 1900, depending on the soul needs - this is also what I saw.
    Last edited by Flash; 8th January 2019 at 23:48.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

22. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (8th January 2019), Frenchy (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), Joe Akulis (9th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (9th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Orph (9th January 2019), Reinhard (9th January 2019), RunningDeer (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,310 times in 5,692 posts

Hi Dennis, thanks for stopping in. Nice post!

I think oneness is a reality - it conveniently explains things like telepathy, telekinesis, non locality, etc - but I also think duality is a reality. Perhaps oneness is the deeper reality, but I don't think it makes duality any less "real". It's real alright...anyone living here on earth can testify to that. I regard everything as a vibrational pattern at it's essence, and perhaps when this vibration slows down sufficiently, and I view it thru the lens of my eyes, things begin to take a form that suggests seperatenss. But it's just another way of viewing what's there, in my view. When the gurus say things like "Maya is illusion", I think that's what they mean; over time it's been distorted and misunderstood as "Not being real". If any spiritual master ever said that, I believe he or she meant it metaphorically, not literally. Anyway, that's my take, for what it's worth. While we're all here having this human experience, I prefer to focus on concepts and ideas that have utility...so I do appreciate you bringing the thread back to topic.

Moving on:
    Like you, I find Schwartz to be very sincere and earnest. The fact that he seems like a grounded guy allowed me to listen little further. If he'd been wearing beads and telling his story thru a haze of incense I wouldn't have been able to take him seriously. He appears as an everyman, almost generic. He looks like a telemarketer! Lol.

Like you I attempted hypnosis, but only to comical results. I wasn't under at all, not by a mile..and it turned out to be a waste of 100 bucks. I've sought out the paranormal in all sorts of ways, thru psychics and astrologers etc, and I've always been let down. Maybe our life plans don't include any epiphanies thru this type of stuff....maybe we designed it this way so we'd have to work at it on our own. Who knows?

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Flash (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), RunningDeer (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

... Maybe our life plans don't include any epiphanies thru this type of stuff....maybe we designed it this way so we'd have to work at it on our own. Who knows?
    Yeah, maybe if I did contact my own soul or spirit guide, I'd find out, "You're already doing what you set out to do - you just suck at it."

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Flash (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (9th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Orph (9th January 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (9th January 2019), sunwings (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #74
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,100 times in 20,640 posts

Bill, do you recall if you were a member of a particular sect when you were incarnating as a lama in Tibet, part of a particular lineage?
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I took a workshop some years ago with a woman who said that she had spent lifetimes with the Kogi tribe in South America, a tribe that had foreseen the coming of the conquistadors, and subsequently moved to a very remote area where they would be safe, but also isolated from the rest of the world. They had strong spiritual practices, and one of their customs was to separate out children at a very young age who showed promise of being priests, and gave them strict, specialized training (similar to Tibetan lamas, I imagine).
    See:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogi_people#History
    The workshop teacher said that she was one of those emissaries, and that she had had a premonition in her last life with the Kogi, similar to the one you had as a lama, about a land sorely in need of spiritual assistance.
    The Kogi elders agreed that they needed to send emissaries to the West to help awaken people there, as the whole planet was going to be in great peril.
    So she incarnated in Canada in her present lifetime, and after some years when she remembered her last life, she visited the Kogi and was welcomed back, and made an honorary Kogi so she could continue her work in the West with even more empowerment.
    Her workshop was awesome! She conducted us on a spiritual "journey", calling in our spirit animals.
    A river otter showed up in mine as clear as day.
    The next day, as I was driving back with a friend for day two of the workshop, a river otter was standing right in the middle of the highway looking directly at us!
    We stopped in consternation for its safety, but then we saw that it had left the highway, turned around and was running back on the adjoining road that led to a wildlife refuge. We decided it had appeared to give me otter medicine, and was going back to safety, so we continued on.
    It was the second time a river otter had made a big, splashy appearance during a spirit journey, so I knew it had some strong medicine to give me.
    (It's about remembering to play and not be too serious or carry the world on my shoulders.)
    The shaman confirmed that, and called me aside at the end to give me a private message, which was about being a breaker of the chain of dysfunction in my family of origin.
    She said many people were working hard to do that now, at this very critical time in humanity's evolution.
    There was a history of suicides in my family and in their former incarnations, and there was a discarnate entity incorporating all that self-destructive energy that had accumulated, which was being passed down to each younger sibling once the older ones had offed themselves.
    When I inherited it from my 3 older siblings who had all committed suicide, I came within a hair's breadth of killing myself; even though I knew it was some kind of "possession" I was experiencing, I was helpless to combat it.
    But after my failed suicide attempt, somehow all the energy just dissipated.
    The shamaness saw that whole scenario, and said that just going through the experience consciously and willingly had finally destroyed that pattern and energy in my family tree.
    So that helped me to feel that it had been worth all the suffering I had to go through.
    It also corroborated some info I read from one of Carolyn Myss's books ( I think it was "Anatomy of the Spirit", where she wrote about many of her clients who had volunteered to be born into very dysfunctional families in order to bring more light into some very dark karmic energy that the planet needs to release.
    Last edited by onawah; 1st January 2023 at 06:45.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (9th January 2019), Bill Ryan (10th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), Flash (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), Frenchy (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), Harmony (28th November 2020), Joe Akulis (9th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Mike (9th January 2019), Orph (9th January 2019), raregem (29th November 2020), Reinhard (9th January 2019), RunningDeer (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

29. Link to Post #75
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Thanks for sharing the vid, Mike. I’m about to listen to it.

Quote death or "exit points" (there are several, apparently, and are utilized according to a couple of factors, namely, if you've completed your mission here on earth, or if circumstances have or will prevent you from completing that mission)

- spirit guides and their specific roles in pre-birth planning, and their role in your life

- a committee of wise elders who also help your soul devise a plan, and what happens if you disagree with those elders
    Exit points - yep, exactly what I’ve learned too.

Something dreadful was about to happen to me when I was twelve and I knew I was going to die very young because of it. Thankfully he looked into my eyes, I don’t know what he saw because all I felt was dread and panic but a terrified look suddenly came over his face and he immediately stopped. Strangely, within that year the same thing happened again with someone else but this time there was two of them, one was holding me down while the other was about to do it and the same thing happened again. He looked into my eyes, exactly the same look came over his face, and he immediately stopped and told the girl to let me go. It was going to change me and I’d have to exit, it wasn’t until many years later that I understood I wouldn’t be able to complete my path had I been changed by those events.

So events can happen that will change you in a way that you can no longer live the path you chose.

Long story but another time I came to a point in my life when I had to make a decision that I didn’t want to make. If I went with my heart it would be at great personal cost but if I went with my head then my best friend would have taken an exit point either this or next year. This was made clear to me, so I went with my heart, I’m still recovering from this choice today. I knew at the time I made the choice that my own life would be vastly different either way. One way I’d be heartbroken for the rest of my life and die at an old age, the other way was a mystery to me at the time but I have come to understand now that I’d have not completed the ‘mission’ I came to do and would surely have to return.

Moral of the story, be true to your heart when making big, difficult decisions because you may have no idea how enormous the consequences are at the time. Whatever happens, at least you’ll know you made the right choice.

Spirit guides - yep, I’ve come to learn the truth of this.

Wise elders - also learned these are real, I have sensed them only once and they weren’t mine. During one of my experiences, I watched a baby boy have a discussion with my HS about whether or not he knew he was going to incarnate or not yet. I could sense a small group of beings in the distance, watching the interaction. They felt like a committee that the baby consulted with, they seemed to be decision makers, advisors etc. The baby said that no, he wasn’t coming yet.

That baby will be my son if I choose to have him. Another huge decision for me because my heart says yes but the last thing I want to do is have anymore children, but I don’t know the consequences of not having him, other than he wouldn’t be my son. I understand that happened so I could become aware of him because I’d never have another child otherwise. There’s a daughter who wants in, who would come first, three children, Jesus, I don’t know about that. Even though I know the importance of going with my heart, I’m still recovering from my last huge decision. I’ve decided that if I can make a full recovery I’ll have more children.

Cool thread, Mike, looking forward to catching up on it.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

30. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Constance (17th January 2019), Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Flash (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), Harmony (28th November 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (4th September 2023), lake (9th January 2019), Michi (9th January 2019), Mike (9th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Orph (9th January 2019), RunningDeer (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

This is awesome stuff. These kinds of stories from members here are what I love the most about Avalon. Thanks for sharing!

Wish we had some veteran astral rescuers who could chime in like the good old days. :-)

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), Harmony (28th November 2020), lake (9th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

I'd like to take a moment to chime in about something that was pasted here earlier. It comes up a lot when we get to talking about this subject.

Chris Walker put in some summary info from ascensionglossary.com that I think needs to be clarified. Not saying anything bad about Chris. I just think if left alone, someone could get the wrong idea.

Here's the paragraph:
    "Robert Monroe, in his book “Far Journeys,” writes of contact he had with a light being in an out-of-body experience. (Monroe is arguably the world’s foremost researcher on OBEs; he started an institute with trainee/researchers to scientifically investigate the phenomenon.) Reportedly the light being told Monroe that when humans die, their energy is released and harvested by trans-dimensional beings, who use it to extend their own life spans. The claim is that the universe is a garden created by these beings as their food source.

According to Monroe’s story, animals are intentionally positioned on this planet to feed on plants and on each other, thereby releasing the life force of their victims so it can be harvested. In a predator-prey struggle, exceptional energy is produced in the combatants. The spilling of blood in a fight-to-the-death conflict releases this intense energy, which the light beings call “loosh.” Loosh is also harvested from the loneliness of animals and humans, as well as from the emotions engendered when a parent is forced to defend the life of its young. Another source of loosh is humans’ worship."

The part I object to is someone saying that according to Monroe, "when we die, our energy is released and harvested by trans-dimensional beings."

Sort of. But this is a VERY BAD way to summarize some of that material.

We need to understand what the writer is calling "our energy." Once you get it, you'll realize it's something we release just about every day.

When your body is dead, most people agree that what "you" are is now a form of conscious energy. There ain't no "physical" aspect to the in-between-lives territory, right? This is one type of spiritual energy. Think of it as soul energy, or consciousness.

The type of energy they refer to with the term Loosh should be thought of as "emotional energy." Earlier in the book, Monroe refers to it as M-Band energy, in the "thought spectrum". He called "M-band noise" uncontrolled thought, and it was what initially attracted him to this place. He and a friend were just passing by and he caught a whiff of all the etheric energy pouring off this world and he (Actually he wasn't a he or a she at that point yet because he had no physical incarnations to distinguish between anything male or female, so maybe it would be better to call Monroe an "it" at this point in his existence. :- ) But I'm digressing now. Where was I... Oh, he couldn't resist. He had to come in closer and find out what this was all about. You can read the book to hear all about his first lifetime here.

Anyway, it can freak you out if you hear someone tell you that your energy gets farmed when you die. Fortunately this book can be pulled up from the Avalon Library, so I hopped to page 89 (in my Adobe Reader) and read up on it. If you suspend disbelief for a second and imagine that this is the true story of Earth's creation, (*shrug* if you've been on Avalon for a while you'll agree there's a million of these stories of what really happened), then this is the story of a spiritual being who was adept at physical manifestation. Dolores' books have also told a story or two about people who are in the initial stages of learning to be a creator. They have worlds where they are learning how to create different plants and animals and experiment with changing the designs for various reasons. Is it true? Who knows?

So this guy is interested in creating something that generates etheric energy that he can use for sustainment. Yup, a farm.

It talks about a "first crop" where the "units" were extremely small and only surrendered this harvestable energy "at the moment of termination of the life span."

If you read the rest of the story it's easy to see this "first crop" is talking about cellular organisms, protozoa or amoebas or something in that neighborhood. Even these things have their own consciousness. The problem is, you can't get them to stress out and give off any loosh while they're just swimming around all their lives. It's not until they die. Makes sense if you think about what it is you're working with.

Then this guy moves to phase two. Plants and trees and stuff. It's not hard to type "plant consciousness" into a google search and see lots of stuff confirming that plants can generate measurable "something" when you stress them out. Heck, even the Mythbusters were able to do that with a fire extinguisher! According to the Monroe story, this farmer learned something similar with plants and trees: they only got really stressed out if you hit them with a big storm that knocked them over and killed them.

See where this is going? If you keep reading the story it's easy to see that what we have on Earth today is a cornucopia of loosh. There isn't much we do today that doesn't generate some form of extreme emotional energy. And it all gets sent out into the universe for anyone who wants it.

BUT

This energy is not you, it is not the consciousness of the plant being released or being harvested, and when I get mad at a ref during a basketball game it is not my soul that I am sending outward. It's emotional energy. Big difference.

The topic of loosh and the possibilty of entities that enjoy the fact that we give off a TON of it can be depressing when you first hear about it. Who is worse? Someone who torments you, or someone who benefits from the fact that someone's been tormenting you? There's a lot more flavors of loosh than just stress. Are you wickedly in love with someone? There goes some more. Are you laughing hysterically about something? You're probably sending out some more. Could be that some flavors of loosh taste better than others, I suppose.

What we don't need is to jack up our distress level even further by thinking someone's gonna suck up our soul as soon as we kick the bucket. But I can sure see the irony behind the assertion. LOL

Much love to all on this thread.
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 9th January 2019 at 03:34.

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Flash (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), gazap (6th January 2023), greybeard (9th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Orph (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), XelNaga (14th January 2019)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would suggest that the reason for the Souls Pre-Birth Plan is to assist towards awakening.
    The challenge is that there is no clear cut definition of awakening.
    The Author in the last few minutes of the video gives his definition.
    So those who believe in non-duality will say full awakening is Oneness --Self Realization.
    Those who believe in duality will have a different perspective.
    No matter --there is a desire for raising the individual consciousness which raises the collective.

Chris

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), Olam (12th January 2019)

37. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Cayce Material : Understanding Life & Your Soul Purpose - John Van Auken

Earth-Keeper 2016-View in HD Full Screen: Take Time to view this amazing uplifting presentation : " Understanding Life & Your Souls Purpose " A truly eye-opening & fascinating exploration of soul celstial origin & life purpose presented by the incredible John Van Auken at the Earth-Keeper Star-Gate. This presentation is astonishing and will absolutely capture the interest of all true seekers from beginning to end ! A Must See ! It is uplifting !!!I have watched this presentation many times, and each time I 'get something' new, it is one of those inspirational 'living' teachings that seems to provide just what is needed to each person, by somehow hi-liting a different aspect that beautifully & poignantly applies value & wisdom to exactly where you are ! Enjoy...many times ! This presentation is a living dynamic message ! www.Earth-Keeper.com All Rights Duly Reserved 2016

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019)

39. Link to Post #80
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Thanks for starting this thread Mike! It’s a very important subject and great that we can exchange ideas about it on the forum here.

The seven points mentioned in your OP make a lot of sense.
    About “exit points”. I read somewhere that there are five possible ones , the last one being the ultimate, really last one that will happen IF not “exited” in one of the four previous ones. Some say there are between three and five.

Good info here: http://bigpicturequestions.com/how-d...xit-from-life/

(first time I came upon this website; looks good info in general to me)

I remember one “major” possible exit point in my life. I was 18 and got (almost) killed. I had an NDE/OOBE, don’t remember a tunnel or white light. But, I do remember clearly a talk with a guide or helper (I think it was a guide) and I was given the option to either “exit” there and then and continue work elsewhere, or to stay. What I was told what would happen if I decided to stay (which I obviously did), definitely came to pass. I am 61 now.

There have been other possible exit points. Or they seemed to be such anyway. In a car accident (not my fault, when I was 21), another one when I was in my mid-40’s (my fault then) and the last one just a few weeks ago (reckless driver, not my fault). Maybe one, two or all three (or none) were exit-points. But they sure felt like it! Some exit points we may not be aware of too. (I nearly got killed – literally- by a former pathological narcissistic spouse some years ago… that experience was a part of “what I came to do here” though).

Which brings up the link between this thread’s title and our “life purpose”, in this one life as well as in a long chain of connected lives (see for instance Bill Ryan his former lives that he describes in this thread). I call it “the fil rouge” in one’s existence. This present “life purpose” would the be a part of the larger “soul purpose” (= the ‘fil rouge’). It’s interesting to study this in more detail.
    Last edited by Johan (Keyholder); 9th January 2019 at 10:18.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Debra (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), DNA (9th January 2019), Forest Denizen (9th January 2019), greybeard (9th January 2019), lake (9th January 2019), onawah (9th January 2019), Valerie Villars (9th January 2019), Words of Joy (9th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 4 12 LastLast