+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Quadriplegic needs advice.

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Quadriplegic needs advice.

Richard Bartlet is an incredible healer...and chiropractor as well.I attended one of his early healing seminars.
    Kerry Kassidy if i recall correctly was speaking of him as well.
    Wishing you well..Ed

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eagle0027 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Flash (24th February 2019), Kari Lynn (12th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    For cutting the appetite, there is a new product called Ozempic. With me it works wonderswithout any shaking as other poducts would have as side effect.

It is under prescription, check with your insurance if they would pay it, because it is expensive
    Same issue. Coffee kills my appetite but ends up throwing me into the shakes later in the day. And only one thing helps with the shaking...eating! So there is a rebound lowering of blood sugar that goes along with most of these weight loss wonders that involves the adrenals and action on the pancrease.
    There's something called REACTIVE hypglycemia where it is exacerbated by food sensitivity. I used to not be able to eat pancakes with syrup without a blood sugar crash, but found that I can eat it now as long as it's gluten free flour and pure maple syrup, nothing with additives.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Flash (24th February 2019), Kari Lynn (24th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,270 times in 2,100 posts

Hi Kari Lynn, hope you are doing well. I have lived my life with vertabrae and disc problems. Herniated discs throughout my lumbar area and another bad spot at T-8 where there is hardly any disc left due to vertabrae compression, so yeah, I can relate to what you are going through.
    A lot of good advice on this thread - some new things for me to look at as well. I am trying out a product called Bio cell. It is a drink that is suppose to provide a lot of good healing to the body. I have read a lot of people's testimony about it helping with their herniated discs. It is also known for helping with skin and other things. I have been using it for a month and during this time i had re-injured my back (as often happens) and my recovery feels to be quicker and easier this time so maybe the Bio Cell has helped.
    Keep watch for your ability to get CBD oil. It is really good for many things and as a pain med as well, but it can be expensive.
    Take advantage of a physical down time to work on the spirit and mental side.
    All the best to you!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Flash (24th February 2019), Kari Lynn (12th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), what is a name? (11th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 times in 566 posts

Well I just got my van legal and my son took it and rolled it same night. So been with out transportation since and have been really depressed for about two weeks. John finally got a smaller van yesterday. He was a bit nervous driving such a top heavy van, especially in the bad weather we've been getting. 2 days before my son wreaked it, my husband slid sideways one direction than spun 180 and slid sideways the other direction. I was terrified we were going to roll then. So he said mini van! No big tall party bus!
    My son is already asking to borrow it. I said absolutely NOT! So he's mad. But considering he rolled my Saturn after only owning it 5 months, and I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Then smashed my Kia Sportage after only 1 month of owning it being drunk and spinning circles in my own pasture, then 1 week of owning my Ford Mobility van, he rolls that. I told him the ONLY way he's driving my new van is if Dad's not available to drive me to my appointments. He doesn't get to drive it unless I or dad are in it. And he's stone cold sober! So he's pissed at me and wants to move out. Go ahead! He's helping his friend clean one of his dad's houses and moving in with him. Past 2 weeks he's been avoiding us and refusing to help me with my care. He's been too busy hanging with girls and friends having parties. I was really hoping he'd grow up out of that stage, but he's going right back into it.
    With him out, my oldest son might move back home. But he seems to like sharing expenses with his friends. My other son is engaged and has the job of his dreams, so doubt he'll move back. He's 2 hrs away, but does come home on his days off to help us. Problem is he don't get days off very often.
    I do have a question for others who are familiar with paralysis and side effects. I've had 2 episodes in past month where while sitting in my shower/ camode chair, I'll have super bad migraine to the point feeling like my head is going to explode! My hubby has to rush to get me laying down. And past two days, when having strong spasm I then feel like I'm going to pass out. Any ideas what that might mean? I've never had this before.
    The doctor took me off my blood thinner and bowel care meds I'm now only taking 2 meds (and 2 vitamins and lionsmane) as compared to the 12 meds and 2 vitamins that I used to take. I'm most worried about the blood thinners he took me off. I was told it was because of blood clots in lungs and to keep me from developing more.
    I also feel like I'm regressing back to being paralyzed again in my arms. It's getting hard to move them anymore. I'm sure it's because I can't do therapy I did back at QLI.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 21st June 2019 at 01:56.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (24th February 2019), Flash (24th February 2019), Mike (24th February 2019), Pam (24th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,678 times in 3,332 posts

Karri Lynn,

If at all possible I would see about having a really good Chiropractor take a look at you. You could call and explain your situation and see if they could work with you with your physical limitations. I would make that a top priority. Sometimes they can even do spinal xrays from a wheelchair. Spinal misalignment can cause all sorts of symptoms. If you have a hoyer lift you could use that to get on the treatment table. Your injury happened when you fell, and considering the consequences of that fall there has to be spinal misalignment. It is best to have that corrected as soon as possible. In my opinion, anything else you do is putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. The primary issue is to get the vertebra aligned and then therapy. The body has amazing regenerative self healing power if given the chance.

Sorry about your vehicle loss. It sound like your son may have a serious drinking problem. I think it was an excellent idea for you to not let him use your vehicle.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2019), Constance (3rd March 2019), Kari Lynn (2nd March 2019), Mike (2nd March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,335 times in 4,609 posts

I would recommend the following thread to your preview and careful reading as it may contain some new precious information:

Neural regeneration is here..

Also and from what you’ve mentioned so far I’d strongly recommend that you beef up on vitamins, magnesium and potassium to counterfeit paralysis and migraine attacks and boost your recovery.

Also, this thread and herb could help you a deal( consult members on its availability in the US as I’ve found it in pure form only in India), it’s mentioned here as memory booster and anxiety reliever but it’s been known for its positive and measurable effects in neural regeneration in Indian Ayurveda for many thousands of years, it’s harmless and humble herb that should not be forgotten:

Bacopa and other herbs to try to remember to take

Can but guess it’s not easy to pay attention to your own treatment ...

🙏🌟🙏

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2019), Constance (3rd March 2019), Kari Lynn (2nd March 2019), Mike (2nd March 2019), Pam (2nd March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Thanks all for information. I can see I need to fix my grammar on my last post. Lol. Spell checker keeps putting wrong words.
    Right now my husband and I need to make some hard choices. About both of us going into a assisted living facility. He had a stroke last Saturday. He is blind in his left eye and a second place in his brain that affects his speech and short term memory.
    I'm currently trying to find something that might dissolve his blood clots in the eye safely. They won't give him anything to dissolve it like blood thinners as it could cause his eye to bleed and then he'd be permanently blind in his eye. They've said there's a chance it could get a little better, but not enough to be able to see from it.
    I've asked my mom if there's anything she knows of, which she did. (She suffer macular degenerative)
    Well kid is wanting my attention.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Agape (3rd March 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2019), Constance (3rd March 2019), Debra (2nd March 2019), Flash (3rd March 2019), Hervé (2nd March 2019), Innocent Warrior (2nd March 2019), Kristin (3rd March 2019), Mike (2nd March 2019), Pam (2nd March 2019), Patient (2nd March 2019), Sophocles (2nd March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,185 times in 32,903 posts

Quote Posted by Kari Lynn (here)
    Right now my husband and I need to make some hard choices. About both of us going into a assisted living facility. He had a stroke last Saturday. He is blind in his left eye and a second place in his brain that affects his speech and short term memory.
    Jeez. Almost nothing can possibly be said here, except that I can barely believe the avalanche of bad fortune you've had to endure.

For those new to this thread, do read up through Kari Lynn's (Carolyn's) earlier posts. And for those who don't know her very well, she's ex-military — which may help us understand just a little better how the heck she keeps hanging on there sounding so cheerful and matter-of-fact. Kudos.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (3rd March 2019), Constance (3rd March 2019), Debra (3rd March 2019), Flash (3rd March 2019), Hervé (2nd March 2019), Innocent Warrior (2nd March 2019), Kari Lynn (4th March 2019), Kristin (3rd March 2019), Mike (2nd March 2019), Pam (2nd March 2019), Patient (2nd March 2019), Sophocles (2nd March 2019), Swan (4th March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019), Yoda (5th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,678 times in 3,332 posts

Thanks all for information. I can see I need to fix my grammar on my last post. Lol. Spell checker keeps putting wrong words.
    I'm currently trying to find something that might dissolve his blood clots in the eye safely. They won't give him anything to dissolve it like blood thinners as it could cause his eye to bleed and then he'd be permanently blind in his eye. They've said there's a chance it could get a little better, but not enough to be able to see from it.
    I've asked my mom if there's anything she knows of, which she did. (She suffer macular degenerative)
    Well kid is wanting my attention.
    I am so sorry for all the trials you have had to endure. At this point, if you could find a decent assisted living scenario it does sound like that would be best, the other option would be to have caretakers that visit the home or live there with you. There are also private homes that provide care, but you need to be careful and really look into them before making a decision. If you need help researching places in your area I would be glad to help you. I have experience with that sort of thing.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Agape (3rd March 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd March 2019), Debra (4th March 2019), Kari Lynn (4th March 2019), Mike (3rd March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    Music
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 423 posts

I am sending some thoughts and prayers your way Kari. You have the will of 10 people one strong ass human we are lucky you are here.

The Axman
    So what we cant see means little to some souls on this planet.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Axman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2019), Debra (4th March 2019), Kari Lynn (4th March 2019), Mike (3rd March 2019), Pam (3rd March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan;1

[Quote

Jeez. Almost nothing can possibly be said here, except that I can barely believe the avalanche of bad fortune you've had to endure.

For those new to this thread, do read up through Kari Lynn's (Carolyn's) earlier posts. And for those who don't know her very well, she's ex-military — which may help us understand just a little better how the heck she keeps hanging on there sounding so cheerful and matter-of-fact. Kudos.

Thank you Bill
    I honestly don't know where my strength comes from must be just the way my parents taught me. My dad used to say that my name meant strength. All these years I thought it was wrong but when I look back on my trials and tribulations, I've always been one who pushes through during a crisis and only collapse in tears and shaking after the crisis has passed. I really don't know how I do it. I guess I think of others before I think of myself and what they need to survive. Just like my brother cutting his foot on an axe I patched it up wrapped it up no problem, but peel back a Band-Aid from a nasty wound and I'd likely pass out when it's not a crisis LOL.
    Right now I'm more worried about my husband then I am myself though the doctors assured me there are no more blood clots his heart is strong and the veins around so I guess I really don't have to worry about him. I just would like to find something that would dissolve the clots without making his eye bleed. if I could just get up out of this chair I'd take care of him.
    I have a doctor's appointment with the surgeon that fix my neck next Wednesday. It'll be the first time I actually get to meet him. I was quite out of it and unconscious when he did the surgery so I don't remember him. I don't hardly remember anything the first 10 days. I can't wait cuz I want to ask if he saw a second injury at the waist. Maybe I should ask my chiropractor first just in case it's something that he can fix without surgery. I rather like that idea better. LOL

Oh my dad is the one that taught me to be cheerful. Or at least be strong and not cry during a crisis or went down. If I would cry at anything, he would ask me, did that help anything? And I'd say no. Then he'd say so I cry about it think of how to fix it instead. I guess that's where I got it from. And I'm sure I got a lot if he's Irish demeanor. That was probably one of the first things my aunt, my dad's sister joked about when I fell off the hammock and got hurt. My husband had asked if I needed any help getting into it and I said no I got this. My aunt looked at me when I told her what had happened she asked me that's not a little bit of the Peters in you is it? I said most likely. And we both laughed. That's some of the red-headed Irish in us I guess.

I really do wish I could get out of this chair to help my family be able to go back to work and make money it'd be nice to wake up on this nightmare. LOL

Doctor say I should be able to walk, so I will take them at their word and Hope that in the next few months I'll be able to start moving my legs.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Agape (9th March 2019), Bill Ryan (4th March 2019), Constance (18th May 2019), Debra (4th March 2019), Swan (4th March 2019)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I was glad to hear you mention Lion's Mane mushroom. Other healing modalities will help overall healing in other ways, but this mushroom has a substance that makes the body produce nerve growth factor (something infants have plenty of, but adults have very little of.) The nerve growth factor, in turn, enables healing of the myelin sheath around nerves. I can attest that it is effective, noticeably effective, within weeks of taking it. It certainly isn't a magic bullet for all that you're going through, so other modalities need to be included, but for nerve repair you're shopping in the correct aisle.

{edit, to add: I buy from MushroomHarvest.com, and recommend them for quality and price.}
    Just wanted to let you know what I've discovered about the the nerves that a woman discussed with me in town last week.
    She was talking about the surgery and how the surgeons have to sew the myelin sheath closed over the nerves. It is the equivalent of trying to sew wet tissue paper. But without doing so, the paralysis will be permanent. So now seriously wondering if the nurse that called me asking me if I planned to sue the doctor for making me paralyzed is correct? I was so flabbergasted when she called and somewhat still out of it, so I just told her no. I did get to go back to the surgeon. He double checked the ct scan and the waist line spin is fine. So i'm thinking major problem like another dislocation doesn't exist, but the subtler injuries that a chiropractor could fix might be called for.
    I tried a bottle of the lionsmane mushrooms. I'm not allergic, so just waiting for paycheck to buy a bag of the powdered lionsmane. I figure with the description the lady gave me off the myelin sheath, perhaps it needs quite a bit help for healing.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 4th April 2019 at 22:20.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2019), Constance (18th May 2019), Valerie Villars (7th April 2019)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Well I'm still here, struggling day by day. Up and doing great one day and falling back down the next. I started therapy finally last week. Went through 4 days and they discovered I have no insurance! They worked with me for an hour to find out why, then escorted me from the building. John can still go, but they told me I could not. Even though John told them that If I can't come and just stay as a visitor (as other visitors do) then he can't come because he has no other care give to stay at home with me. We dropped a quick $2700. to pay insurance premiums. Should be there by Monday.
    So was really up while taking therapy, then crying the next.
    On top of all this, I've gotten some skin ulcers on my bum. Not healing. Plus a foley cath. That is way over due to be changed. They want me to go to the ER to be seen but can't. No insurance. I am running between wanting to cry, scream, or yell! Think I did all three. It's really hard right now to have positive attitude. 4 days out and i'm starting to feel better. Working the problems one at a time.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2019), Constance (18th May 2019), Pam (18th May 2019)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

I've been in the hospital for the past ten days or more they gave me antibiotics for sepsis which made me sicker and they had to give me more antibiotics to counteract what the first antibiotics did to me go figure. Now I'm trying to heal up some serious bedsores they gave me. I've got pretty good one on my back and one on my side between my knee and my hip. And of course the ones that I had on my bottom got worse. On top of all this I find that all the insurances have dropped me. So they're trying to get me signed up for Medicaid but I'm hearing stories about how I will lose my Social Security disability check and we're going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff. Government get you one way or the other on top of all that I got letters back saying we've made a mistake on our 2017 and 2018 tax returns so now I got to pay $5,000 in.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th June 2019), Hervé (18th June 2019), meeradas (20th June 2019), Pam (19th June 2019), Strat (18th June 2019)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

On top of all this I find that all the insurances have dropped me. So they're trying to get me signed up for Medicaid but I'm hearing stories about how I will lose my Social Security disability check and we're going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.
    I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. I can't relate to your other problems but I definitely know how this is. It's a horrible process. If it turns out to be more than you can handle then definitely get an attorney. I went through a similar process.

Can I post your story in the global meditation thread? I wish I could help in some other way, my only 2cents would be to continue to rant here and don't keep it to yourself. Much much love. I'm really sorry about the bedsores I've heard about how terrible they are. I wish you were in a hospital near me so I could visit you. I loathe the ER and hospitals in general they are awful.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2019), Hervé (18th June 2019), Kari Lynn (19th June 2019), meeradas (20th June 2019), Pam (19th June 2019), Valerie Villars (21st July 2019), Wind (18th June 2019)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    On top of all this I find that all the insurances have dropped me. So they're trying to get me signed up for Medicaid but I'm hearing stories about how I will lose my Social Security disability check and we're going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.
    I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. I can't relate to your other problems but I definitely know how this is. It's a horrible process. If it turns out to be more than you can handle then definitely get an attorney. I went through a similar process.

Can I post your story in the global meditation thread? I wish I could help in some other way, my only 2cents would be to continue to rant here and don't keep it to yourself. Much much love. I'm really sorry about the bedsores I've heard about how terrible they are. I wish you were in a hospital near me so I could visit you. I loathe the ER and hospitals in general they are awful.
    Hi thanks. Sure you can share. Please leave me a link so i can read. Maybe someone has a solution. I have been told if i don't qualify for medicaid. It appears we have too many cars. Two of which were wreaked, two are the ones that the engine finally gave out, but is the ones you always hope you can fix them. Evidently i can't give my son my car that i can't drive anymore because of the injury. The car isn't even worth much. My younger son wreaked that one also. That makes 3.
    But anyway she, caseworker, said I'd i don't qualify for medicaid, i might qualify for Obama care. I didn't realize they weren't the same?

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), meeradas (20th June 2019), Pam (21st July 2019), Strat (19th June 2019), Valerie Villars (21st July 2019)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

I've got about 12 months to go before i qualify for Medicare. I guess there are no limits of things i can own. So just have to make it for one more year.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 19th June 2019 at 22:44.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Pam (21st July 2019)

35. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

It appears we have too many cars. Two of which were wreaked, two are the ones that the engine finally gave out, but is the ones you always hope you can fix them. Evidently i can't give my son my car that i can't drive anymore because of the injury. The car isn't even worth much. My younger son wreaked that one also. That makes 3.
    But anyway she, caseworker, said I'd i don't qualify for medicaid, i might qualify for Obama care. I didn't realize they weren't the same?
    Yeah if you have over X amount of liquid assets you wont qualify. I think it's $2k over here. Living conditions also come into play, like if you're living with someone who can cover your bills etc.

There's a lot of little things. You will most likely need to get an attorney. Sucks I know, but it's very helpful and I think worth it in the long run.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), Kari Lynn (19th June 2019), Pam (21st July 2019), Valerie Villars (21st July 2019)

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

I had a post started but lost it. So starting over again.
    I'm in the hospital again. 3rd time in past month. I'm in a different hospital now. They take good care of me. They can't believe that the nurses at the hospital did this. They had to see the blood, they just pulled the ted hose up over it. I pretty sure it did damage. I can no longer feel any thing on that foot. I'm a bit worried.
    We have a thunderstorm going right now. I'm watching it from my hospital window. I feel a bit better now. Not ashen white anymore. But i still can't eat meat. Makes me gag. I can eat fruit and vegetables. I've lost 30 pounds before i even got here, wondering if I've lost more?
    Well being in a hospital isn't for sleeping. Lol.
    It's 2 am. But finally getting sleepy. The rain does that.
    Good night for now.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Billy (16th January 2020), Constance (21st July 2019), ExomatrixTV (16th January 2020), Franny (21st July 2019), Pam (21st July 2019), Valerie Villars (21st July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3