+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quadriplegic needs advice.

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 times in 786 posts

Default Re: Quadriplegic needs advice.

Quote Posted by Kari Lynn (here)
    Thank you all for your responses. I will certainly look into each and every one of them. God knows I will have the time to do so now.

I have heard of Joe dispenza. He has a book or two I would like to read.

And thank you Bill and CurEus, I do have a chiropractor that my husband and I have used before I'm just a little nervous about having them work on my neck right now. Maybe he could find a way around that.

I also know what you mean about well-meaning negativity, I saw that a lot at Madonna. They were constantly prepping me for a life in a wheelchair. And when I would bring up something that my mother's chemist doctor said I needed in large doses they would tell me if that really worked he'd be out of his wheelchair already. When I went to QLI it was like a whole other world. All the patients and even some of the nursing assistants would tell me it's your turn to walk next. I love them for that and I wish I didn't have to come home from there but insurance quit paying so they had to send me home.

I did get to use a TENS machine, but it didn't seem strong enough compared to the FES bike. The tens helped my hands and fingers to get movement and separation. so I can play guitar now and violin. But the FES bike seem to work better on the big muscles of my legs and bum.

My injury is considered incomplete and the Asia Test shows me to be down to T6 and 7 I think because I seem to be able to move my arms and hands very well. but that took about a month of work.

I'm curious if there might be a secondary injury to my spine as I had a dream that I did at about the waistline.
    I'm wondering if perhaps I should have the doctor look into it. Or at least asked if he took a CT scan of my full spine.

I really don't have any problem with my appetite, I'm sure the meds that I'm on will prevent that lot of stuff tastes pretty nasty. I can't eat chocolate anymore of all things chocolate! Peanut butter taste bad. And most Meats accept chicken taste bad as well as the gravy made from them so I'm trying to eat as much protein as I can but it's kind of hard to do. Milk also is pretty hard to drink, but I do still like yogurt with a ton of fruit in it and granola. So you think it would be easy for me to lose weight, but yet I'm gaining. I may have to start counting calories. I am trying to replace the high calorie snacks for fruit which I enjoy more anyways. Hopefully that'll help but it all takes time.

The meds you suggested I will look into I do have to be careful though with the drugs that I am already taken. I would like to get off of them all. But I'm a pansy when it comes to pain.

again thank you all. Now if only somebody could tell me how to build an exoskeleton I'd be all set. LOL
    The basis of Cranio Sacral therapy is that we have 2 circulatory systems. One being the regular and the other being well...the Cranio ( Cranium ) Sacral ( spine) if there is an injury that system can be clogged and cannot circulate to "heal". The use a touch that is as "light as a nickle" to get the system circulating again and healing..I was quite Skeptical.

2. I refused high velocity Chiropractics....dear God I would have passed out and died! So many different types of Chiropractics and types of adjustments. I chose a decompression clinic which is like being put on a medieval rack and stretched over and hour and a half ever so slowly.....certainly relieves pain and pressure also did some ultrasound........useless as far as I could tell after 10 treatments......

3. If TENS is not working.......may need a much stronger unit. Good for circulation

4. TomKyote mentioning magnets.........I heave heard some great things about pulsed magnetic therapies this a quite a good company in my experience. I use their silver maker and Wobezym and other water ozonator. https://www.sota.com/default.aspx?page=Magnetic-Pulser

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), Kari Lynn (9th January 2019), onawah (10th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about your injury.

I am a huge believer in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) having witnessed its efficacy in treatment for Cerebral Palsy.

I do believe you may benefit from treatment for spinal injuries as well.

As for weight loss - there is a diet pill called Contrave you can try.

I’ve also started following the Medical Medium - Celery Juice protocol but have no updates at this time on the efficacy. (16-32 oz of pure celery juice on an empty stomach per day)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gigawatt For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), Kari Lynn (9th January 2019), onawah (10th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

i've seen lion's mane (from fruiting bodies), horsetail, and inversion tables do wonders.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2019), Constance (17th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), onawah (10th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello Kari Lynn,
    maybe some of this is helpful?
    • low carb/high fat (ketogenic) - makes it easy to loose weight without hunger/appetite. reduces inflamation to almost zero. Thus faster healing. Your body needs sufficient amino acids to repair itsself. Only works, if your thyroid and adrenals are not too compromised. (you have to look into it and research it well! - especially the first couple of day are crucial)
    • Iodine Protocol (+ Selenium + B2, B3, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Salt loading Protocol) - heals your thyroid and adrenals (thus giving you more energy and helping you loose weigth). When you lack of iodine, your thyroid gets sluggish. If so, you do not have enough stomach acid and all enzymes in your body are not functioning properly. thus your body cannot digest properly and you get mal nutritioned - your body starts craving more and more food in order to get everything it needs (and one starts gaining more and more weight). Dr. Brownstein wrote Books on it.
    • everything your bones need to heal/get strong: D3 (up to 60ng/ml), Magnesium, K2, Potassium, silica (diatomacious earth), chondroitin sulfate, calcium, Vit A
    • amino acids! (again - without sufficient supply your body cannot heal)
    • mental training: if you do not have the chance to do real training, do it mentally (that is what injured sportsman do - when real training is set to be 100%, mental training works 70% as efficient. Not bad, huh? ) So if you only imagine 30 Minutes of cycling - your training efficacy is still 70%
    • high dose multi vitamin (just to be sure to have everything you need). does not have to be expensive. for example two per day from life extension is around $10/month. whichever you go for: be sure to get one that has only the active b vitamins (e.g. b6 - only as p5p)
    • Peptides: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4940902/ (they get cheaper and cheaper - just look for a trustworthy place to get them)

Greetings and good luck!
    Suwesi

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to suwesi For This Post:

Agape (12th January 2019), Bill Ryan (9th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (9th January 2019), Hym (12th January 2019), Inaiá (18th January 2019), Kari Lynn (10th January 2019), onawah (10th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 times in 566 posts

Thank you all, I have a lot to consider, a lot to read, and videos to watch. Thank God I have a smart TV that I can watch the videos on. LOL is the best investment we ever paid for. LOL

I'm definitely going to start with the mushrooms. Get that ordered. I've discovered that they were giving the rats 2.3 grams per pound, so that would be I think 644 grams for me. So yes I think a tablespoon a day would definitely be considered high dose. LOL does it have a taste to it if I mix it in something?

I'm definitely going to keep a positive thought about healing myself, I can't stand that I'm have to sit in this chair and not get up to do anything. My son was even ranging my legs for me this morning. I was doing my best to imagine my legs and me moving them. I Ask Josh if he could feel me pushing against his hand. He held my leg up in a neutral position while I push to put my foot down. He said he could feel me pushing a little bit. There's still hope there I guess. I'm definitely going to have to talk to my doctor. To check on my spine at the waistline, and to see if he can recommend some equipment 4 exercising in therapy here at home especially a standing frame to get my blood pressure equalized.

And while I'm at it, I'm going to have to make sure the boys put my equipment and needed things at the edge of the counter and table where I can reach them.

I also need to find a pool that I can get into as everyone I talk to says a pool is the best way they got healed. As he said exercising in zero gravity environment. we have a pool in Blue Springs and I remember it had a Hoyer of some sort. Maybe I can get into that one. Supposedly the wheelchair van is in the shop getting a few things done to it to make sure it runs really good the guy wants $3,500 for it. Then I'll get to see it in a couple days. I hope it works.

Now if only I could get a hoyer that is on the ceiling to this house I could have it stand me up and do exercises LOL working on it! Lol
    Oh and questions for others that are suffering paralysis, I have these horrible spasms. Any way to slow them down? I know it's part of being incomplete injury, but right now they're driving me nuts.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 11th January 2019 at 22:17.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Axman (12th January 2019), Bill Ryan (11th January 2019), Mike (12th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I'm definitely going to start with the mushrooms. Get that ordered. I've discovered that they were giving the rats 2.3 grams per pound, so that would be I think 644 grams for me. So yes I think a tablespoon a day would definitely be considered high dose. LOL does it have a taste to it if I mix it in something?...
    Some people say that Lion's Mane has a slight taste of lobster. It has a medium to mild flavor - mushroom flavor. It can be masked in a smoothie if the smoothie has robust-tasting ingredients. Half a banana helps quite a bit to mask the taste. Dark berries and peanut butter are two other ingredients I've used in smoothies. I have also put it in vegetarian mushroom gravy, but the problem is, then you have to eat all the gravy, scrape the pan, lick the pan, lick the spoon... Ha! Doesn't sound hard to eat "all the gravy", but it is. You can also mix it in many kinds of vegetable soup - the more robust the soup, the less it will be taken over by the mushroom flavor. Again, watch the starting portion of soup you're going to mix it in, to make sure you can eat every bite.

I'm taking a tablespoon a day. That's 6 grams. (644 grams is about a pound and a half!) Try 6 grams a day for a few weeks. :~)

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Agape (12th January 2019), Bill Ryan (12th January 2019), Hym (12th January 2019), Kari Lynn (13th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

1 lb! Okay maybe I'll look at that amount again. See if it is correct.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,400 times in 937 posts

Kari Lynn,
    If you have access to a telephone, I suggest an energy healing over the phone might be in order. Private message me if this idea appeals to you. I have been healing people distantly this way for many years.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Agape (12th January 2019), Bill Ryan (12th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th January 2019), Kari Lynn (13th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

I think i moved my knee!
    I was uncomfortable the other night in bed and tried to move my leg the other night. So i tried to move it from right to left. As it was dark i couldn't see it move, but i felt the blanket move across my knee. The next morning i told my son about it. He said that is what he thought the day earlier. Then added watch. He started lifting my knee and with me concentrating on moving it, i lifted it about 2 inches off his hand. I did it once more before i had to rest it. Oh how i hope this is the start of me moving my legs.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Arcturian108 (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Constance (17th January 2019), Delight (17th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Hym (17th January 2019), Inaiá (18th January 2019), Kate (9th February 2019), Pam (17th January 2019), petra (17th January 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019), Sadieblue (10th February 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019), what is a name? (17th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Blood is the vehicle that carries nutrients and oxygen it also carry the waste out. It means no matter how much nutrition you ingest but if its not delivered...Blood cleanse and rejuvenation works for me. Also specially that we are living in a toxic environment. I dont know what herbs are available in your place. I use goose grass or burdock root. sheep sorrel is said to do the job . our kidneys and liver knows its limits or it breaks down. it means that the garbage stays in the blood and makes our delivery vehicle half full all the time in other words 50% efficient just an example. Intermittent fasting or eat only when hungry builds muscle fast. I have some good experience with ganoderma mushroom. My body can absorb energy directly from the sun like a solar panel so it saves the energy from processing the foods. Aroma therapy also makes the body absorb more for less energy expended. There is something to it that is very good but I cant explain can only feel it. snort some lavender basil citrus etc. And dont forget the wonder drug cannabis extracts. Wishing all the best for your speedy recovery.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

I think i moved my knee!
    I was uncomfortable the other night in bed and tried to move my leg the other night. So i tried to move it from right to left. As it was dark i couldn't see it move, but i felt the blanket move across my knee. The next morning i told my son about it. He said that is what he thought the day earlier. Then added watch. He started lifting my knee and with me concentrating on moving it, i lifted it about 2 inches off his hand. I did it once more before i had to rest it. Oh how i hope this is the start of me moving my legs.
    Kari Lynn, I am wondering if you were to contact your doctor and let him/her know that you are starting to move one of your legs if that might not be a new criteria for them to initiate therapy again? It's certainly worth a try. Your muscles will be weak from non use and you will definitely need a structured plan to maximize this new movement!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), petra (17th January 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (17th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    Scotland Avalon Member what is a name?'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Kari Lynn, have you given medicinal cannabis oils a thought? In the 2 years i've been looking into it I have seen/heard amazing recoveries being made. Plenty of info on the web. Have a look at Dr Frank D'Ambrosio who is an orthopedic surgeon who uses cannabis oils for all his patients.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to what is a name? For This Post:

Agape (18th January 2019), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), petra (17th January 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

yes it is possible that if a doctor sees me moving my legs I could get more therapy. I do still have Outpatient Therapy available 120 days. So I'm going to wait till they say I can't have outpatient anymore, and then bring out foot movement leg movement whatever then to try and get more later. Plus it is not a big enough movement yet and not consistent enough to be considered for therapy.

Cannabis is pretty much not an option here. Medical is but hard to get. Plus my family members are being harassed right now by police officers and it's likely they would confiscate and arrest them even though it's Medical for me.
    The police came here and arrested my son. Because two girls got into a fight. Josh kicked them off the property for fighting but when they left they called the police on each other. The police came here and gave my husband and my son tickets for permitting disorderly conduct. And arrested my son. The police officer told my son she was going to make life living hell for him. She has broke up several of Josh bonfires even though they're not supposed to be illegal. And she told me I was not permitted to have bonfires on my property that she take my house from me. I think we're going to need a really good lawyer. All this crap and stress while I'm trying to heal my body, and come up with money to purchase much needed medical equipment and wheelchair van. I really don't hold much respect for cops right now. I feel they're not much more than bullies behind a badge.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 18th January 2019 at 00:13.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Agape (18th January 2019), Bill Ryan (18th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019), what is a name? (18th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,357 times in 4,613 posts

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    Hi Kari Lynn, have you given medicinal cannabis oils a thought? In the 2 years i've been looking into it I have seen/heard amazing recoveries being made. Plenty of info on the web. Have a look at Dr Frank D'Ambrosio who is an orthopedic surgeon who uses cannabis oils for all his patients.
    KariLynn, it’s not illegal anymore but some disinformed people prefer to hold to prejudice.
    That friend is right, actually, it might be also your most valuable medicine to get your nerves healed and start moving again.
    Throw that prejudice to the garbage bin. It’s 100% natural and most valuable medicine to apply in such cases.

It’s nothing to do with your boys there being too rough.
    Can see they don’t help you a lot, so sorry.

🙏

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), pyrangello (19th January 2019), what is a name? (30th January 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,989 times in 2,110 posts

I'm with Bill on the chiropractor slant, as soon as the swelling goes down that is the direction I would be heading in. 2 weeks ago I had vertigo very bad, head was spinning for 2 hours, after I got that to settle down a few days later I went to see my chiropractor, he did a maneuver that spread my c-1 and c-2 on my cord at the base of my skull, it helped big time. He said everything was locked up when it shouldn't have been. Keep driving your weight down and when you feel better maybe go the chiropractor route. The longer you sit and don't use the muscles the longer the recover when you do get better. I'd also put a sign in your front yard- QUIET ZONE AREA.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th January 2019), Kari Lynn (19th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    KariLynn, it’s not illegal anymore but some disinformed people prefer to hold to prejudice.
    That friend is right, actually, it might be also your most valuable medicine to get your nerves healed and start moving again.
    Throw that prejudice to the garbage bin. It’s 100% natural and most valuable medicine to apply in such cases.

It’s nothing to do with your boys there being too rough.
    Can see they don’t help you a lot, so sorry.

🙏
    It is only legal for medical marijuana. Recreational did not pass to be legal.

Also it wasn't my boys being rough, it was two girls that got into a fight my son asked them to leave as fighting is not permitted. They left the property but called the police each girl on the other girl but yet it was my son and my husband that got the ticket for permitting disorderly conduct. The two girls didn't get into trouble at all. They should have gotten charged with assault on each other. But the police are bound determined to get my son and my husband anyway they can.

At this time I don't believe there are any dispensaries to get medical marijuana, as well as I have to apply to get it and have certain medical conditions to get it which I believe the severeness of my injury would qualify but it takes a long time to get it approved for me it's not a quick prescription to the pharmacy and get it. It doesn't work that way. I will be glad when they totally make marijuana decriminalized the United States and have better ways of testing when you have smoked it and driven. Cuz right now they're looking at a breathalyzer that might be better than a pee test for THC because it takes a whole month for it to come out of your system. The police department here has been quoted as saying they are concerned about people driving under the influence even though they are approved for medical marijuana so you can see where the police would be arresting people that are even legal, for driving under the influence even though they may not have taken any for 2 or 3 weeks, but still shows up on a urine test for 28 days. That's my concern this is going to give police officers more people to arrest while they're driving.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Agape (21st January 2019), Bill Ryan (19th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), what is a name? (30th January 2019)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    I'm with Bill on the chiropractor slant, as soon as the swelling goes down that is the direction I would be heading in. 2 weeks ago I had vertigo very bad, head was spinning for 2 hours, after I got that to settle down a few days later I went to see my chiropractor, he did a maneuver that spread my c-1 and c-2 on my cord at the base of my skull, it helped big time. He said everything was locked up when it shouldn't have been. Keep driving your weight down and when you feel better maybe go the chiropractor route. The longer you sit and don't use the muscles the longer the recover when you do get better. I'd also put a sign in your front yard- QUIET ZONE AREA.
    Yeah, i can't get out of the house right now. I still don't have a wheel chair vehicle yet. I've found 3 I'm looking at but can't get out to look at them because of winter blizzard starting tonight. Infact my husband took my son to work and isn't home yet. He's an hour late. Hope he's okay. But as soon as weather permits, i want hubby to go look at two of them. Next Thursday I'll have the money to buy one.
    The next thing is how will a chiropractor get me out of my chair and on to a table? Much less roll me over on my stomach? For that matter, what about a dentist? Or even my regular family doctor visits? Hmm, allot to think about.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 19th January 2019 at 01:40.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Agape (21st January 2019), Bill Ryan (19th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Pam (9th February 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Along the idea of cannabinoid medicine...

CBD (cannabidiol) is non-psychactive, and (unless you're talking to "the feds") legal in all 50 US states. There's a lot of hype and BS about CBD, the second most studied of the cannabinoids, but if you subtract the BS, CBD would still be a very good idea. (I would look for "full spectrum", ethyl alcohol extracted CBD.)

Here's some info: https://neuropathie.nu/research-deve...r-neuroge.html

that includes this provocative tidbit: "... In a recent animal experiment CBD (cannabidiol) improved neuroregeneration in the nerve system of adult mice. THC had no effect. ..."

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Agape (21st January 2019), Bill Ryan (19th January 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), what is a name? (30th January 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

I finally have a wheel chair vehicle. It's a BIG van! Could haul 2 or 3 of my big power chairs! Has a big 1000 lb commercial lift that has handles and locks on it that really makes me feel secure. My youngest called it a "party bus" because it's so big. Now how to keep him from running wheels off of it?
    I finally called the church that was going to do modifications on my bathroom. Seems they have dropped us. So trying to get son and husband to work on it. Which isn't going really well. My youngest is much too social to stay and work on the house. The other two moved out, and my husband is too busy playing taxi dad to the boys (welcome to my world before I was injured) and he's dealing with depression also. More than I am, I think.
    I found some lions mane mushroom capsules. I tried them, just to see that I wasn't allergic to them before I purchased it in larger quantities.
    I also called the out patient therapy. They're setting it up for next week, I think. I will be happy to get back working my muscles again. I feel like I've stiffened up since being home, with nothing to do.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 11th February 2019 at 07:29.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Agape (9th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Constance (9th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Flash (24th February 2019), Kate (9th February 2019), Mike (9th February 2019), Pam (9th February 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

This info might be helpful:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1272525
    ...and the posts following that one as well.
    Last edited by onawah; 9th February 2019 at 09:45.
    Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Agape (9th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Kari Lynn (12th February 2019), Pam (9th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast