View Poll Results: Please note your possible interest in attending... THX!

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll almost certainly find a way to come... I'd move mountains to be there.

11 7.75%
  • I'd love to come. I think I can, but I'm just not sure yet.

28 19.72%
  • I really doubt if I can make it, but it may be possible.

16 11.27%
  • I'd REALLY love to be there, but I already know it's just not possible at all.

87 61.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast

Thread: An Avalon Conference, 31 March - 2 April 2019

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,945 times in 3,553 posts

Default Re: An Avalon Conference, 31 March - 2 April 2019

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Oh you're no fun! Is it Kerry? Is it Joe From The Carolina's?? Is it Kevin Moore??? All would be realy interesting people to have come.... Can we guess?
    No, you can't. It wasn't Kerry, but I have just now invited her... she said she might conceivably be with us for our first day (Sunday), as she'll actually be at the main event: possibly interviewing John Lear live on stage, which should be pretty interesting if that does actually happen.

She was delighted to be invited to our thing, but her logistics are complicated, of course. I'll persuade her to join us if at all possible... it'd be a bunch of fun.
    Fair enough.. Had to try! I think it would be great for the scene overall if Kerry was there, and people realized that although people go their own ways, that it doesn't mean we cannot be amicable towards one another.. How wonderful...

I had sent a few message to John, and Tom Dongo, and told them I was going to be out that way, and would it be a good time to stop by.. (They're both so very kind behind the scenes, John invited me to come out and meet him and Marliee last year, as there were a few things we wanted to talk about. And Tom said that as soon as he was done with what he is working on now, I am good to come out and pull him aside for a few days as well.. ) This new turn of possible events... would explain why John didn't give me an answer as of yet.. AND it will save me a trip! They're both very kind behind the scenes with helping new people with their research..

I HOPE that John does make it out. I was quite surprised that he had invited me to his home, But I think he does this now because of his health more than anything, so if Kerry can get him there, that would be great!
    I'm a big fan of Tom Dongo, I love his work, books and lectures, I live in his neck of the woods but I don't know him or anything like that, I've never met nor sought him out. I've answered the question on a thread somewhere here that if I were to choose one person for Bill to interview it would be Tom Dongo.

Anyway, just throwing that out there. I'm not trying to make suggestions or plant seeds, but hey if a seed grows here or there more power to it.
    The conquering of self is truly greater than were one to conquer many worlds.
    Edgar Cayce

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Constance (4th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (5th February 2019), Flash (4th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (4th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #122
    United States Avalon Member NX.P's Avatar
    Thanks

I plan on renting a vehicle as well. I anticipate having an open seat or two from LAS to Laughlin and will most certainly be willing to assist for any transportation needs around Laughlin during the conference.

I just haven't quite worked out which flight to Vegas I will take yet.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NX.P For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (5th February 2019), DNA (5th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (4th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member Diziblueyez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 times in 257 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

Oh you're no fun! Is it Kerry? Is it Joe From The Carolina's?? Is it Kevin Moore??? All would be realy interesting people to have come.... Can we guess?
    No, you can't. It wasn't Kerry, but I have just now invited her... she said she might conceivably be with us for our first day (Sunday), as she'll actually be at the main event: possibly interviewing John Lear live on stage, which should be pretty interesting if that does actually happen.

She was delighted to be invited to our thing, but her logistics are complicated, of course. I'll persuade her to join us if at all possible... it'd be a bunch of fun.
    Fair enough.. Had to try! I think it would be great for the scene overall if Kerry was there, and people realized that although people go their own ways, that it doesn't mean we cannot be amicable towards one another.. How wonderful...

I had sent a few message to John, and Tom Dongo, and told them I was going to be out that way, and would it be a good time to stop by.. (They're both so very kind behind the scenes, John invited me to come out and meet him and Marliee last year, as there were a few things we wanted to talk about. And Tom said that as soon as he was done with what he is working on now, I am good to come out and pull him aside for a few days as well.. ) This new turn of possible events... would explain why John didn't give me an answer as of yet.. AND it will save me a trip! They're both very kind behind the scenes with helping new people with their research..

I HOPE that John does make it out. I was quite surprised that he had invited me to his home, But I think he does this now because of his health more than anything, so if Kerry can get him there, that would be great!
    I'm a big fan of Tom Dongo, I love his work, books and lectures, I live in his neck of the woods but I don't know him or anything like that, I've never met nor sought him out. I've answered the question on a thread somewhere here that if I were to choose one person for Bill to interview it would be Tom Dongo.

Anyway, just throwing that out there. I'm not trying to make suggestions or plant seeds, but hey if a seed grows here or there more power to it.
    I actually was hoping that Tom was going to be at the event, it sure would save me some money traveling to go and meet up with him... SO PLANT SEEDS AWAY!!!! I believe he WAS originally on the schedule to speak at the conference, but things got moved around and so he was removed.. (That was what he suggested to me, as I do often times speak to him)... Tom is a very valuable piece to the puzzle that I believe many overlook, as he brings up the point that there seems to be another realm literally living in the space that we are, that we cannot perceive. Many have experienced the phenomenon. Some call it Ghosts, some call it other realms or dimensional shifts, And I think it is all in some way interconnected to what the ufo and et phenomenon truly is..

So his information, is very valuable, in that he captured a lot of that on FILM. AND he has had interactions with "Them" or "IT" .. Very similar to what I experienced actually... So I really think that Having him speak would be a great service to the overall event.. I know he is busy doing some other projects, and to this point had no intentions of being there, but who knows? That would be great if he was however.

So I think it would be absolutely WONDERFUL if Tom showed up. I almost cancelled the event entirely when I realized he was not going to be there...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), DNA (5th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    Has anyone tried making a reservation using the group code or group name ?

Today I attempted to make my reservation using the group code and group name and was told that it wasn't in their system yet and to call back in a couple of days .

I did get my donation off to Bill earlier today though

Car rentals are really cheap in Vegas, so I'm planning on renting a car and driving to the Aquarius . After I receive flight information I'll post my availability to drive a few people that could use a ride .

Looking forward to seeing everyone there
    Just checked car rental and true, it is cheap. And I can drive easily.

But, if I get in with anyone, I will share the cost with pleasure, just let me know when you are getting in and from which airport. Same for Target, I promise you I won't argue about anything in the car, I am a quite easy going person when face to face lol...
    You're so funny.. I think I reserved my vehicle for $291.99 for the 8 days I will be there.. That's not bad considering I will have it for the entire duration of my visit.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), DNA (5th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    i'll probably be driving late the 29th from vegas to the event, room for 3 probably. (*note the 2 "probably"s...*)
    How late is late Tatget? And from which airport?
    LAX

I have to buy a couple of tickets.... will let everyone know when its done.

My forum persona is vastly different than my in person persona... try to keep up
    HAHAHA what does that even MEAN? lol... Never mind I am from California, I have an idea lol. Looknig forward to meeting you and everyone else that is coming..

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Am I the only one who thinks it would be fun to bring a buttload of alien glasses and funny tshirts to pass out to all of you guys? HAHAHA. I am so excited about this little trip to meet my friends.. I feel like I am a kid in High School going to summer camp for the first time all over again, and I used to go to the Vegas convention center every year for trade shows lol.

I am getting realy excited about this little trip

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Bob (5th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (10th February 2019), DNA (5th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (9th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,945 times in 3,553 posts

I actually was hoping that Tom was going to be at the event, it sure would save me some money traveling to go and meet up with him... SO PLANT SEEDS AWAY!!!!
    Wow, I would absolutely love to see him at this conference, love,love,love it

I believe he WAS originally on the schedule to speak at the conference, but things got moved around and so he was removed.. (That was what he suggested to me, as I do often times speak to him)...
    Wow, big mistake on their part. I always thought George Knapp was remiss by not interviewing Tom Dongo considering how closely related Knapp's "Skinwalker Ranch" work is to Tom's work on the Bradshaw Ranch.

Tom is a very valuable piece to the puzzle that I believe many overlook, as he brings up the point that there seems to be another realm literally living in the space that we are, that we cannot perceive. Many have experienced the phenomenon. Some call it Ghosts, some call it other realms or dimensional shifts, And I think it is all in some way interconnected to what the ufo and et phenomenon truly is..
    Absolutely, in my opinion we live in a multiverse and rather than focus on traveling through vast expanses of space many cultures on various earths simply focus on traveling to other earths. This in my opinion is what CERN is doing, looking for ways to perceive and travel to alternate earths.

So his information, is very valuable, in that he captured a lot of that on FILM. AND he has had interactions with "Them" or "IT" .. Very similar to what I experienced actually... So I really think that Having him speak would be a great service to the overall event.. I know he is busy doing some other projects, and to this point had no intentions of being there, but who knows? That would be great if he was however.

Absolutely, here is one of my favorite lectures, not just of Dongo's, but of all time.

This is for folks who have never been exposed to him.

Last edited by DNA; 7th February 2019 at 22:04.
    The conquering of self is truly greater than were one to conquer many worlds.
    Edgar Cayce

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (5th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Ol' Roy (6th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019), TargeT (5th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #127
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,122 times in 6,890 posts

Am I the only one who thinks it would be fun to bring a buttload of alien glasses and funny tshirts to pass out to all of you guys?
    im still in the air on attending the UFO thing, just doesn't interest me much... so count me out

though I may go... waiting to buy tickets till I feel more certain, haha; luckily vegas is always cheap to get to from anywhere.
    Last edited by TargeT; 5th February 2019 at 23:58.
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (9th February 2019), DNA (6th February 2019), Forest Denizen (5th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (5th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 297 posts

Well I am headed to Laughlin wasn't sure because of a work project but that's all been handled. Looking forward to it see you all there.

The Axman
    And ?

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Axman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (9th February 2019), Forest Denizen (8th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019), TargeT (7th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks
    Thanked 238,964 times in 17,358 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    I tried today to make the room reservation on line and was given the 59.00 rate. I called and was told there was no code C-PAG19 showing in the computer.
    Folks, it should be in their system now — they have the signed contract.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Axman (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (9th February 2019), ErtheVessel (8th February 2019), Forest Denizen (8th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019), Yoda (9th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Awesome thanks Bill.

The Axman
    And ?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Axman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Diziblueyez (9th February 2019), Forest Denizen (8th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

I tried to book the room today Friday the 8th I was told they have not received the contract yet. I will call back next week and check. Just a heads up for everybody.

The Axman
    And ?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Axman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (8th February 2019), Diziblueyez (9th February 2019), Forest Denizen (9th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (8th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #132
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks

How do I change my vote to certainly coming? I already booked my flight to Vegas from BKK on March 27. I figured I would spend a few days in Vegas then drive to Laughlin on the 31st then I would fly out of Vegas on the 3rd of April. I also booked my accommodations at the Aquarius hotel for that period. If anyone wants a ride from Vegas to Laughlin please PM me, I should have space for 2-3 people.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jad For This Post:

Axman (9th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), Diziblueyez (9th February 2019), Forest Denizen (9th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (9th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

Am I the only one who thinks it would be fun to bring a buttload of alien glasses and funny tshirts to pass out to all of you guys?
    im still in the air on attending the UFO thing, just doesn't interest me much... so count me out

though I may go... waiting to buy tickets till I feel more certain, haha; luckily vegas is always cheap to get to from anywhere.
    You're still coming to the Avalon get together right? Did I understand that properly?

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (9th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), DNA (10th February 2019), Forest Denizen (10th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

27. Link to Post #134
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,122 times in 6,890 posts

You're still coming to the Avalon get together right? Did I understand that properly?
    Yeah, I'll be there for the PA portion; just not sure about the other thing.
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), Diziblueyez (10th February 2019), DNA (10th February 2019), Forest Denizen (10th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

29. Link to Post #135
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 times in 326 posts

Hi Bill, everyone:

You can add me to the list of attendees (more than 50% confident - I've reserved the air tickets, need to arrange a few things like time off work ahem ahem, but should be able to fully confirm in a few days)...

On the logistics, I will be flying in from Singapore and arriving into LAX at 9pm on Friday 29 March... probably take an hour or two to get out of the airport so I may have to stay overnight near there and then get to the hotel on Saturday morning - haven't decided whether to fly to Las Vegas or go directly there - depends in large part who else is traveling from LA to the hotel on the Saturday - please let me know, somebody, anybody... [EDIT] - thanks Forest, got your message but only just saw it - the universe is helping with logistics!

Will be great to see everyone in person, I'm sure everyone has their own ideas about what they can do - I'm into astrology, especially Mayan astrology, so I'll bring my book on that. And, of course, UFOs, but I don't have one of those with me right now
    From Bill: Excellent!

I've added your name to the updated list just above.

Thanks Bill, looks like we are at around 30 people now, should be a lot of fun. Maybe we should start by suggesting our favourite esoteric icebreaking activity, for example, start with Sun, Moon and Ascendant. Select one part of the main room for each of the 12 signs and then on the chime (somebody IS going to bring a chime, right?) we all have to go to that place where we have our Sun, and then introduce ourselves. Then we go to the Ascendant sign and then to the Moon sign.

Yes, we can repeat until we get to Chiron, or maybe sort by houses, but that will take a lot of detailed astrological knowledge and I respect the fact that this is an Avalon meet-up not an astrology meet-up (although I'm guessing there's a fair amount of overlap and I suspect that most of us have had our charts done at one time or another).

In my experience different people often "take on" the roles of different planets during circle-workings (of which this is one, or related to one) and even sit in the circle in the same place that the planets actually are during the time of the event, mirroring the same aspects. It's helpful to be aware of what's going on up there, because as above, so below.
    Last edited by Cognitive Dissident; 10th February 2019 at 18:48. Reason: updated for travel, activity planning and astrology

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), Diziblueyez (10th February 2019), DNA (10th February 2019), Forest Denizen (10th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019), TargeT (10th February 2019)

31. Link to Post #136
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    On the logistics, I will be flying in from Singapore and arriving into LAX at 9pm on Friday 29 March... probably take an hour or two to get out of the airport so I may have to stay overnight near there and then get to the hotel on Saturday morning - haven't decided whether to fly to Las Vegas or go directly there - depends in large part who else is traveling from LA to the hotel on the Saturday - please let me know, somebody, anybody...
    I'd be happy to give you a ride, Cog! I planned on leaving LA sometime mid to late morning on Saturday, the 30th, arriving in Laughlin around the time of check-in at the hotel.

"Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2019), Bill Ryan (10th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (10th February 2019), Constance (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), Diziblueyez (10th February 2019), DNA (10th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019), TargeT (10th February 2019)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks
    Thanked 238,964 times in 17,358 posts

Okay, here's my compiled, updated list of who I believe will be there, or very probably there.

1. Bibi
    2. Bill Ryan
    3. Bob
    4. brianj1400 (a retired member, all of whom are welcome)
    5. Chanie
    6. Diziblueyez
    7. DNA
    8. ErtheVessel
    9. Flash
    10. Forest Denizen
    11. graciousb
    12. Intranuclear
    13. James Newell
    14. justntime2learn
    15. Krist
    16. Luke Holiday
    17. Maknocktomb
    18. NX.P
    19. res cogitans
    20. Savannah
    21. TargeT
    22. Valerie Villars
    23. we-R-one
    24. WildOrchid

If I've got something a little wrong, or have somehow omitted anyone, please let me know!

There are a good dozen or more people who really might be able to make it, but still don't quite know. The prevailing factors are work or other commitments, and some of you I know are working quite hard to see if you can make it all work out. These others are NOT listed here at the moment, and I'll very happily update the list as more folks get clearer.

A personal note: I've received a LARGE number of messages and e-mail replies about this, including from some who've most kindly and openly told me in some detail about their personal circumstances, some of which are complex and difficult.

For those to whom I've not yet been able to reply, I do apologize — but I definitely read and appreciated everything.

For those who are daunted (or stopped!) by the cost of an internal North American flight [to Las Vegas]: do please PM or e-mail me, as there may well be a workaround solution that's 100% affordable.
    ~~~

Updated list: (re-timestamped to 5.33 pm Sunday US Eastern Time)

Added as four more definites are
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 10th February 2019 at 22:33.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2019), Constance (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), Diziblueyez (10th February 2019), DNA (10th February 2019), Forest Denizen (10th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019), TargeT (10th February 2019), Valerie Villars (10th February 2019), Yoda (11th February 2019)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

Bil, do you have a loose plan for what we are going to be doing for those 3 days? Are we going to just hang out and chat with each other branching off into groups of like interests? Are you going to have certain people get up and present their particular area of expertise? I have noticed that some people are planning to gather up material as if they're planning to "Present" something at this mini event? I am a little unsure about our "Plan" if anything, or is it going to be more organic in nature? Where it just goes wherever it flows? Whatcha thinking about this?

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), Spellbound (10th February 2019)

37. Link to Post #139
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,586 times in 907 posts

So jealous!! Sooooo so jealous!!

Dave - Toronto

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    So jealous!! Sooooo so jealous!!

Dave - Toronto
    About what Dave? Going to the meet up? We could always grab our phones or a laptop and zoom feed it to you lol..

If you can get the time off and get to Vegas on the day we're showing up, I will grab you and make sure that you get back to the airport...and make sure you have a place to bunk up! We can always throw a cot into our room HAHAHA... And if worse came to worse and that didn't work, I bet I could get another room for a few days.. and pinch pennies for awhile lol. Why aren't you going?
    Last edited by Diziblueyez; 11th February 2019 at 00:11.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Spellbound (11th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast