View Poll Results: Please note your possible interest in attending... THX!

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll almost certainly find a way to come... I'd move mountains to be there.

11 7.75%
  • I'd love to come. I think I can, but I'm just not sure yet.

28 19.72%
  • I really doubt if I can make it, but it may be possible.

16 11.27%
  • I'd REALLY love to be there, but I already know it's just not possible at all.

87 61.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 8 10 LastLast

Thread: An Avalon Conference, 31 March - 2 April 2019

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,120 times in 1,982 posts

Default Re: An Avalon Conference, 31 March - 2 April 2019

I have to be honest here. If this conference were closer to me, I would be there in a heartbeat; no reservations.

However, I am getting the TSA Hair Willies. I had no idea they were feeling people up legally, with their permission.

I have a real aversion to legally giving my permission to being felt up via a false pretense (via 911) of safety and security.

It just rubs me the wrong way, even if it is on the back with the back of their hands.

Edit: The above references three videos posted (I believe by Paula) showing the Transportation and Safety Administration at airports in the USA searching people under the guise of them being terrorists.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 11th February 2019 at 01:31. Reason: Explanatory
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Orph (11th February 2019), Spellbound (11th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #142
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,586 times in 907 posts

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    So jealous!! Sooooo so jealous!!

Dave - Toronto
    About what Dave? Going to the meet up? We could always grab our phones or a laptop and zoom feed it to you lol..

If you can get the time off and get to Vegas on the day we're showing up, I will grab you and make sure that you get back to the airport...and make sure you have a place to bunk up! We can always throw a cot into our room HAHAHA... And if worse came to worse and that didn't work, I bet I could get another room for a few days.. and pinch pennies for awhile lol. Why aren't you going?
    Much appreciated Dizi. Unfortunately I can't get the time off work as the Canadian arm of my company (I work for DHL) is transitioning to a new computer system and they have imposed a vacation blackout (which has become a bit of a hot potato in my office of late). Definitely hoping there will be a video feed of some sort (though it wouldn't be quite the same). No doubt there will be stories shared, secrets passed on, and friends made. I envy you guys.

Love reading this thread. You folks are in for a helluva time that you will remember the rest of your lives.

Dave - Toronto

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #143
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,503 times in 8,555 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I have to be honest here. If this conference were closer to me, I would be there in a heartbeat; no reservations.

However, I am getting the TSA Hair Willies. I had no idea they were feeling people up legally, with their permission.

I have a real aversion to legally giving my permission to being felt up via a false pretense (via 911) of safety and security.

It just rubs me the wrong way, even if it is on the back with the back of their hands.
    You are still on the list of those coming. So....

As for TSA and their patting everything, if you stink temporarily, it may ease their intent. Foreign cheese are excellent for this, rubbed on your clothes loll. You can take off the t-shirt afterwards. lolllll

I hate flying through the USA for the same reason. But... I may tell them I have a urinary track problem or a large intestine one.

I hope to meet you!!!
    Last edited by Flash; 11th February 2019 at 01:34.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member Diziblueyez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 times in 252 posts

Edit: The above references three videos posted (I believe by Paula) showing the Transportation and Safety Administration at airports in the USA searching people under the guise of them being terrorists.
    If it makes you feel any better I can getcha a nice bottle of wine for you to drink BEFORE you get to the airport... And drive you, so by the time you get there, it would just seem like a REALLY BAAAAAD DATE HAHAHAHA.. (Just trying to make you laugh).. I hope this doesn't stop you from coming. But I get it.. I still have to go get a new license before I go, because they gave me the wrong one when I got my renewal last year. I sure hope it comes in time, because I already bought the plane tickets! The new rules don't go into affect until 2020, with the new "REAL ID" but they gave me a "Non federally compliant license, and I had a helluva time getting onto Beale Air Force Base with that thing! Talk about being really PISSED OF. I gave them my birth certificate when I got my first license, why they're pulling this crap now is beyond me, Another wasted $35.. And a lot of my time..

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

So jealous!! Sooooo so jealous!!

Dave - Toronto
    About what Dave? Going to the meet up? We could always grab our phones or a laptop and zoom feed it to you lol..

If you can get the time off and get to Vegas on the day we're showing up, I will grab you and make sure that you get back to the airport...and make sure you have a place to bunk up! We can always throw a cot into our room HAHAHA... And if worse came to worse and that didn't work, I bet I could get another room for a few days.. and pinch pennies for awhile lol. Why aren't you going?
    Much appreciated Dizi. Unfortunately I can't get the time off work as the Canadian arm of my company (I work for DHL) is transitioning to a new computer system and they have imposed a vacation blackout (which has become a bit of a hot potato in my office of late). Definitely hoping there will be a video feed of some sort (though it wouldn't be quite the same). No doubt there will be stories shared, secrets passed on, and friends made. I envy you guys.

Love reading this thread. You folks are in for a helluva time that you will remember the rest of your lives.

Dave - Toronto
    I completely understand why you're not going to make it. So sorry... That would really bum me out.. I will try to find something fun to do so that you get to somehow be included... Maybe I will buy a Cheech and Chong T Shirt that says "Dave's not here"

If it makes you feel any better? I will then walk around the room saying.. "Hey? Where's Dave?".. and then I can film every member that shows up, looking into the camera saying.. "Dave's not here man".. Then send those to you!

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Spellbound (11th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #146
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,120 times in 6,890 posts

If it makes you feel any better? I will then walk around the room saying.. "Hey? Where's Dave?".. and then I can film every member that shows up, looking into the camera saying.. "Dave's not here man".. Then send those to you!
    this needs to be done!
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Spellbound (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 297 posts

Yeah I am ready. Booked my room I have my flight my car so if someone needs a ride from Vegas airport I touchdown at 7.30 PM on 3-31. Now where is Dave and is he bringing his dog toke. Sounds like Dave can not find enough pop bottles to cash in. (For those not old enough these are references to the Dave's not here story).

The Axman
    Last edited by Axman; 11th February 2019 at 19:14. Reason: correction
    And ?

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Axman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (11th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #148
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 times in 326 posts

Bil, do you have a loose plan for what we are going to be doing for those 3 days? Are we going to just hang out and chat with each other branching off into groups of like interests? Are you going to have certain people get up and present their particular area of expertise? I have noticed that some people are planning to gather up material as if they're planning to "Present" something at this mini event? I am a little unsure about our "Plan" if anything, or is it going to be more organic in nature? Where it just goes wherever it flows? Whatcha thinking about this?
    I agree it would be a good idea to have some sort of plan. Bill mentioned he would do some sort of past life regression - any other ideas? My suggestion about the astrology circle was just as a way to get to know each other and break the ice - knowing where somebody's Moon is, essential IMHO. We could do a circle with a talking stick - reminds me, I did that at an event called 100th Monkey in the UK in the 1990's (yes, I know, I know) and tuning into the energy and really listening to other people was an amazing experience. We did a small circle with about 5 of us, I will always remember that, each of us was focussed on the awareness of who should speak next, I could feel the energy floating around the room. Just total respect for the energy. Hard to manage with a big group, but afterwards we went into small groups and it just clicked. It was actually a very trippy experience (fueled only by strong tea hehehehe).

Collective energy and awareness is very powerful and with so many beings at various stages of enlightenment all together in one place for a few days, its really a great opportunity. Let's share some ideas and see what results!

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    this needs to be done!
    HAHAHAHA.. I am game... I think it would be SOOOO FUNNY, and remind him that he will be missed.. Ten years down the road when we all bump into each other here or there, and people ask, "Did Dave ever make it to Laughlin that year?" We can all laugh and say, "Nope, but we brought Laughlin to him..."

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #150
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Bil, do you have a loose plan for what we are going to be doing for those 3 days?
    I agree it would be a good idea to have some sort of plan.
    I am just a mom and "Gramma", so I try to make sure everyone is always as happy as possible, and no one gets their feelings hurt..... And I see a situation here where some feelings COULD get hurt if we don't lay out some type of "Plan"... I had noticed that many people are making suggestions about things that they have an interest in... That we could do "This and That"... (Such as yours above, which sounds very cool actually), and I realized, with 30ish people going.. even if half of the group wanted to share SOMETHING out of the kindness or their heart... we wouldn't have enough time in three days, to get to everyone's "Thing". Unless we really planned it well.... And I KNEW Bill planned to do his presentation again from the actual event, for those that missed it... And that he himself, had some ideas for the 3 day event. (Regression, maybe even a special guest.. and whatever THEY do.. ) And that really this is Bill's event to plan...

I guess what I am saying is.. I think it would be easier for everyone involved, if we let one person decide what we schedule for those three days.. In this case Bill... Then let him define where we need "Filler" and address it... because he may have all three days completely full already! And while this will be a group event.. it still needs structure... So we need some guidelines. (Time is passing quickly, and this event truly is right around the corner... ) I don't want people gathering up information, grabbing and loading up materials, and literally planning a presentation, only to learn, "Sorry, there is no time to hear it". You know what I mean? I don't want to come home and get the impression ANYONE felt snubbed while there.. While everyone is polite, this absolutely COULD happen.. If things are not clearly defined. And I know that this could lead to people "crying foul" for favoritism and such. So we CAN avoid this if we foresee it, and make sure that doesn't happen..

Too many "Chiefs", and not enough "Indians" in this case could be a bad thing...

So I have a suggestion...

Let Bill plan the 3 days... He got the meeting room, He has plans already.. If he wants to add to that, he can pick particular things, and shoulder tap the people that do those things.. I am sure there will be PLENTY of interactive things to do during those 3 days... And the REST? We can plan alongside the day events, For the EVENING HOURS... We can start another thread for possible interest, ideas, suggestions, etc... I personally do not plan to "Present" anything.. I am just coming to meet my friends and generally be silly.. And possibly learn a thing or two... .

So maybe we can start a thread for "Ideas" for after hours... One where everyone gives their input and we collectively decide how many things we add to it, and then we decide individually what we want to do if someone is willing to start a side event.... We can find out whether the meeting room will also be available during the evenings, etc.. and then create a side schedule for such things. That way NO ONE feels that they didn't have the opportunity to be heard, or to have their area of interest addressed. If there are individuals who wish to do that, then they simply plan to! But we do this BEFORE we go, so people know if they even should BOTHER to do all the work to make those things happen.. You know what I mean?

If this is the case, I will start a new thread, and update it daily with the suggestions, etc.. I know I am not going to just want to walk out of the meeting room at 5pm, and wait for morning, I will want to be mingling and getting to know my new friends as much as possible until we leave..

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THIS IDEA... BILL???
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11th February 2019 at 21:07. Reason: fixed quote formatting

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Chanie (11th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (12th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #151
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 times in 243 posts

I hope you will come, Valerie. 🙂

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chanie For This Post:

Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 104,572 times in 12,277 posts

Valerie, please donít let those vids stop you from doing whatís important to you. The main take away were the kids. Iíll repost my thoughts to James Corbettís report here:
    Total violation of human decency. It reinforces to the children that their parents cannot protect them. It teaches kids to ďshut up and take it.Ē Their methods have accelerated since the early days. Supposedly itís because TSA didnít do a good enough job. NO. Itís the evil ones way to incrementally condition the masses. Itís diabolical and creepy.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th February 2019 at 02:23.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (11th February 2019), Axman (11th February 2019), Bill Ryan (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #153
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,120 times in 1,982 posts

Thanks to all. I would dearly love to meet all of you. The prospect makes me a bit nervous as I am somewhat new to the world without my rose colored glasses and worse.

However, Bill kindly pm'd me after a query of mine and suggested I do whatever my instinct tells me to do. Which I usually do anyway.

There are some other issues that have come up, but I have never been one to shy away from spur of the moment decisions. Ya'll are the best. Truly, deeply and sincerely. You are family, albeit a new and differently put together one.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (11th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), RunningDeer (11th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), TargeT (11th February 2019)

27. Link to Post #154
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks

So I have a suggestion...

Let Bill plan the 3 days... He got the meeting room, He has plans already.. If he wants to add to that, he can pick particular things, and shoulder tap the people that do those things.. I am sure there will be PLENTY of interactive things to do during those 3 days... And the REST? We can plan alongside the day events, For the EVENING HOURS... We can start another thread for possible interest, ideas, suggestions, etc... I personally do not plan to "Present" anything.. I am just coming to meet my friends and generally be silly.. And possibly learn a thing or two... .

So maybe we can start a thread for "Ideas" for after hours... One where everyone gives their input and we collectively decide how many things we add to it, and then we decide individually what we want to do if someone is willing to start a side event.... We can find out whether the meeting room will also be available during the evenings, etc.. and then create a side schedule for such things. That way NO ONE feels that they didn't have the opportunity to be heard, or to have their area of interest addressed. If there are individuals who wish to do that, then they simply plan to! But we do this BEFORE we go, so people know if they even should BOTHER to do all the work to make those things happen.. You know what I mean?

If this is the case, I will start a new thread, and update it daily with the suggestions, etc.. I know I am not going to just want to walk out of the meeting room at 5pm, and wait for morning, I will want to be mingling and getting to know my new friends as much as possible until we leave..

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THIS IDEA... BILL???
    This sounds good to me! I am very happy to let Bill lead the event, after all, this wouldn't be happening if not for Bill.

I am also looking forward to meeting everyone and just hanging out. I think some spontaneity is in order. I know I don't necessarily want to sit through 3 days of everyone presenting. I would think with all of us together, some very interesting conversations are likely to be sparked

VERY much looking forward to it!!

"Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (12th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (12th February 2019), Hym (11th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (12th February 2019)

29. Link to Post #155
    Thanks

Thanks to all. I would dearly love to meet all of you. The prospect makes me a bit nervous as I am somewhat new to the world without my rose colored glasses and worse.

However, Bill kindly pm'd me after a query of mine and suggested I do whatever my instinct tells me to do. Which I usually do anyway.

There are some other issues that have come up, but I have never been one to shy away from spur of the moment decisions. Ya'll are the best. Truly, deeply and sincerely. You are family, albeit a new and differently put together one.
    Hi Valerie,

Speaking as someone who has hooked up a few times in the past with a bunch of people from the internet whom I had not met face to face beforehand (done it 2x for an AC/DC concert and done it 4x for some online Toronto Maple Leafs hockey fans)...I can honestly say that it may be very overwhelming at the beginning, but if you push yourself to do it, it can be VERY satisfying overall. I drove down to Philadelphia to hook up with a bunch of AC/DC fans from all over N. America back in '01....and had another bunch of AC/DC fans head up to Toronto for Sarsfest back in '03 (had a guy from Texas sleeping on my living-room floor and another from San Diego crashed on my couch for that one).

The amount of people who would turn to me and say...."you mean you are meeting a bunch of people from the internet...that can't be safe!!" There may be some truth to that....but it worked out fine for me each time. Not only that, but every time I've done it....I felt so exhilarated afterwards and so elated that I took the chance. It really is a great feeling knowing that you took the plunge and met some great friends as a result. Also, it's something you will remember for the rest of your life (and happy that you did it).

Although I can't make it this time around...I fully plan to make it to the next Avalon hookup down the line. I've been a member since 2010, so no doubt there will be other conferences to meet. Also from experience, once people do it the first time.....it makes the second time all that much easier to organize (and less butterflies in the stomach).

I'm so jealous. You folks are going to have a blast!!

Dave - Toronto
    Last edited by Spellbound; 12th February 2019 at 01:06.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

avid (12th February 2019), Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (12th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (12th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Kryztian (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (12th February 2019)

31. Link to Post #156
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 times in 326 posts

Hehehehe, thanks everyone for suggestions. I should have been clearer... I'm not suggesting anyone spends lots of time on a presentation or that we spend hours sitting through presentations. Also happy that Bill organises the event - if he has time? Bill?

We may have to navigate feelings as well, that's all part of the fun - if there's a strong group energy it will make it so much easier. The group energy is something that we are all part of but is bigger than any one of us. Hope I don't sound too crazy saying that

Also, spontaneity is great too, I was just asking for people's suggestions in advance. Interested to know people's experience from previous gatherings they have done, what they enjoyed, what worked?

Show of hands, how many of us have done a 3-4 hour talking stick circle, group meditation or astro-drama (where people take on the qualities of one of the planets and act it out)?

Looking forward to meeting all of you in person. Think of it like a big old cosmic family reunion...

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (12th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019)

33. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Continuing to think aloud here, and a bit more clarity re scheduling. (If it helps!)

And just as there as many Avalon discussion threads with many members contributing, there's nothing to stop that all happening similarly in live conversation. We could easily open up 'threads' as live topics, as proposed and opened by anyone there.

I'd certainly not want to hog things ó this is definitely not all about me! ó but I'm pretty sure that if I'm well-supported by coffee and cookies, I could talk for a very long time all on my own, really quite easily. Filling three days with interesting stuff would never be a problem.

I was just going through the thread to get any suggestions for "Other things" that people may wish to do together since we are going to have a lot of us together, and ran across this for the second time, and This is actually quite a great idea! I hadn't really realized what he was suggesting. But it sounds like he is suggesting we create NEW THREADS actually AT THE EVENT, that can be interactive with the site.. So those not there absolutely still can participate in the conversation! I LOVE IT!...
    Last edited by Diziblueyez; 12th February 2019 at 01:57.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (12th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (12th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019)

35. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

Dizi....you made my day!! Classic Cheech & Chong reference there.

Dave - Toronto

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Constance (13th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), Diziblueyez (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (12th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Valerie Villars (12th February 2019)

37. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,503 times in 8,555 posts

Hi Valerie,

Speaking as someone who has hooked up a few times in the past with a bunch of people from the internet whom I had not met face to face beforehand (done it 2x for an AC/DC concert and done it 4x for some online Toronto Maple Leafs hockey fans)...I can honestly say that it may be very overwhelming at the beginning, but if you push yourself to do it, it can be VERY satisfying overall. I drove down to Philadelphia to hook up with a bunch of AC/DC fans from all over N. America back in '01....and had another bunch of AC/DC fans head up to Toronto for Sarsfest back in '03 (had a guy from Texas sleeping on my living-room floor and another from San Diego crashed on my couch for that one).

The amount of people who would turn to me and say...."you mean you are meeting a bunch of people from the internet...that can't be safe!!" There may be some truth to that....but it worked out fine for me each time. Not only that, but every time I've done it....I felt so exhilarated afterwards and so elated that I took the chance. It really is a great feeling knowing that you took the plunge and met some great friends as a result. Also, it's something you will remember for the rest of your life (and happy that you did it).

Although I can't make it this time around...I fully plan to make it to the next Avalon hookup down the line. I've been a member since 2010, so no doubt there will be other conferences to meet. Also from experience, once people do it the first time.....it makes the second time all that much easier to organize (and less butterflies in the stomach).

I'm so jealous. You folks are going to have a blast!!

Dave - Toronto
    I have met a few people from Avalon, living around Montreal, even once had a party where I invited them. They were always great people - different - but truly great. One of them became a real personal friend (Nat'lee), we see each other when we can, are aware of our families happenings, etc.

So, we maybe some light weirdos at times, but I am truly not worried at all.

Certainly much much better than Tinder lolllllllllllll THAT IS DANGEROUS.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (12th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Kryztian (12th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (12th February 2019)

39. Link to Post #160
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    this needs to be done!
    I know right? He is so excited and can't even come, we have to do something to remind him we miss him...

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diziblueyez For This Post:

Axman (12th February 2019), Bill Ryan (12th February 2019), Forest Denizen (12th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), justntime2learn (13th February 2019), Spellbound (12th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 8 10 LastLast