1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: UFO footage? Filmed at my farm on January 6, 2019

Fastball!

An affinity for trees, or are they just too difficult to spot against lighter backgrounds? Maybe ask some UFO hunters/researchers that know digital video post-processing to play around with contrast, exposure, brightness, ... to see if others can be spotted in the same footage, especially going in different directions (like your #2 video.)

How high up is the drone, in this new "fastball" video? Do the commercial drone platforms with cameras have altimeters? Do you have any footage of hovering over a dark patch of forest from say, 100 feet up? That might be worth scouring.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AriG (16th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #62
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 times in 258 posts

Hi all,

Fascinating footage.

I have been looking at the second video, the one where there is a projectile moving to the right, and another seeming to come towards the drone, and I think there is a third projectile that is running parallel to the road prior to the projectile moving to the right becoming visible.

It happens in the first second of the 9 second clip, and I viewed it by loading the mp4 in my Chrome browser, and zooming in.

Can anyone else see that?

OR - it is the same projectile but it turns sharply to its left to then become the more visible projectile moving to the right...

JC
    Last edited by jc71; 16th January 2019 at 22:31. Reason: Additional thought added at the end

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

AriG (16th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

The
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Fastball!

An affinity for trees, or are they just too difficult to spot against lighter backgrounds? Maybe ask some UFO hunters/researchers that know digital video post-processing to play around with contrast, exposure, brightness, ... to see if others can be spotted in the same footage, especially going in different directions (like your #2 video.)

How high up is the drone, in this new "fastball" video? Do the commercial drone platforms with cameras have altimeters? Do you have any footage of hovering over a dark patch of forest from say, 100 feet up? That might be worth scouring.
    Sorry to reply with full quotes (responding on iPhone) with my speck tackles (spoonerism)

husband says 200-250 feet. He’s sorry to say that the drone doesn’t have a feature to retain that info ( that he’s discovered yet). He sent me the footage in between his 8 meetings today. He said that if he can’t find a built in feauture he’ll start keeping a log ( that’s rich - My honey do list is pretty long - nag, nag)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #64
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jc71 (here)
    Hi all,

Fascinating footage.

I have been looking at the second video, the one where there is a projectile moving to the right, and another seeming to come towards the drone, and I think there is a third projectile that is running parallel to the road prior to the projectile moving to the right becoming visible.

It happens in the first second of the 9 second clip, and I viewed it by loading the mp4 in my Chrome browser, and zooming in.

Can anyone else see that?

OR - it is the same projectile but it turns sharply to its left to then become the more visible projectile moving to the right...

JC
    I saw it as you did but I think it’s the same projectile after Bill and Dennis marked it? Not sure - been staring at this stuff for days. Eyes are wonky.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), jc71 (21st January 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #65
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Not sure if this is relevant- we had quite unseasonably warm weather that week. Our weather station recorded a high temperature of 65 degrees F on the 6th. This week? The average is 30 and the low will be 3F.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jc71 (here)
    ...OR - it is the same projectile but it turns sharply to its left to then become the more visible projectile moving to the right...

JC
    Yes, JC, that's what I meant when I said it starts out over, or by, the road. It does seem to take a left turn, goes partially behind some tree branches, and then accelerates off and to the left (our right, as video viewers.) Looks like both this UFO and the one coming towards the drone and off to the left, are intelligent projectiles, as the one on the left also seems to start out at ground level (or "shoulder high", which is why I had to mentally rule out some human shooting something out of a crossbow or something.) If they are zipping through trees, dodging branches at high speed, they seem intelligent to me.

In AriG's post of footage shot 10 21 18 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2CraJHkNfA) the UFO is a relative slowball.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 17th January 2019 at 00:27.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AriG (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), jc71 (17th January 2019), Satori (17th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #67
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    The
    Fastball!

Sorry to reply with full quotes (responding on iPhone) with my speck tackles (spoonerism)

husband says 200-250 feet. He’s sorry to say that the drone doesn’t have a feature to retain that info ( that he’s discovered yet). He sent me the footage in between his 8 meetings today. He said that if he can’t find a built in feauture he’ll start keeping a log ( that’s rich - My honey do list is pretty long - nag, nag)
    *Post Update*

Husband just discovered additional features on the phone app that connects to the controller and it shows full flight plans including altitudes. The fastball video is actually recorded at 393 feet and he has discovered two other objects in that video that are going faster than the one I spotted. I am unable to catch it to upload.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (17th January 2019), jc71 (21st January 2019)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    Just found this and it gives very little information, and I have never heard of Skyfish, but could this be an explanation?
    Those rods should be know be every UFO researcher because they come up all the time and it's really no mystery how they are created on film:

But the white objects in the drone videos look different.
    Last edited by Builder; 20th January 2019 at 20:37.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

AriG (21st January 2019), Bill Ryan (20th January 2019), Billy (22nd January 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd January 2019), jc71 (21st January 2019), Pam (22nd January 2019)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,111 times in 3,950 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by mir (here)
    What about the second object though? Bottom left, it appears to be accelerating, ascending from the forest and also changing direction to the left. They both appear about the same time
    Wow, I missed that. Yes, it appears in the trees at at 0:02.20, and shoots off to the bottom left in a straight line, disappearing out of view of the camera at 0:03.16.

Here's the trajectory of that one: Because it's heading generally towards the camera, it's harder to estimate the distance covered — which it does in 0:096 seconds.

Bit of a late post here by me.
    If you add this image with your first Bill, draw the lines on both.
    Too me they look like pot shots by not a good shot.

The drone is climbing, not taken in to account by the shooter.
    The objects look far below the drone and moving off cross country, when actually they are small slugs near but below.
    The objects might look like they are speeding up, but it might just be because they are coming towards and then past the view point.

Just my gut feeling on that one.

I have witnessed slugs doing this myself in the past.
    fast eyes, could have caught the slugs but then swoosh, they past
    Last edited by Sunny-side-up; 21st January 2019 at 00:02.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

AriG (21st January 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd January 2019), jc71 (21st January 2019), Pam (22nd January 2019)

19. Link to Post #70
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)

Too me they look like pot shots by not a good shot.
    Thank you for your input Sunny Side Up. This really concerns me. I think I would rather have UFOs than someone shooting randomly toward fields where my animals graze (and dogs protect, and I often join in).

If you are correct, and I hope you are not, I have bigger problems than I thought and will probably have to share this with the Sheriff.

Do you know if any video exists of errant bullets being filmed by drones? I couldn't find any.

Do you know what kind of weapon might create such a firing? Would it be a shotgun, a handgun or a rifle, or god forbid, something semi or automatic? We hear shots around here all the time and due to the lay of the land, its almost impossible to determine their location. Especially on Sundays (God, family and Gun day - one drawback of being here).

Thanks for your help!

AriG

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (22nd January 2019), Pam (22nd January 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

21. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To me they look like pot shots by not a good shot.

The objects look far below the drone and moving off cross country, when actually they are small slugs near but below.
    The objects might look like they are speeding up, but it might just be because they are coming towards and then past the view point.

This is pretty compelling, when I looked at the film with that viewpoint. Two shots, fired off near simultaneously - the guy on the left nearly tags the drone. If the frame rate of the filming and a guess at distance shows the speed to be in the typical range of a bullet, it may be case solved. If these are shots, are they from a neighboring property, or your own? Who owns that white car?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

AriG (22nd January 2019), Pam (22nd January 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

23. Link to Post #72
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

To me they look like pot shots by not a good shot.

This is pretty compelling, when I looked at the film with that viewpoint. Two shots, fired off near simultaneously - the guy on the left nearly tags the drone. If the frame rate of the filming and a guess at distance shows the speed to be in the typical range of a bullet, it may be case solved. If these are shots, are they from a neighboring property, or your own? Who owns that white car?
    I know, Dennis. Apparently, bullets can travel 2xs the speed of sound. The white car is not on our property. It belongs to some unsavory types that the we and the other landowners are trying to eradicate. However, they are not likely the source for reasons relating to the " heroin epidemic". Our property begins 10 feet before the white half finished gate and horse fencing. The "dirt road" that Bill refers to is actually our main drive (lol). At the time of the video, we had lost 50% of our gravel due to the 70" inches of rain this year. Since replaced. And our excuse for our half finished fencing!

A new person bought a parceled piece of other farmland directly to the left of our land. You can see his rooftop just left of the trees that separate our property lines. Could that be the trajectory? They are a lovely older couple and I do know that they have done target practice (with a proper stop), so I would feel completely comfortable talking to them about it. Undulant hills in Karst country = richochet.

But what confuses me is this - the frame shots that I captured. The still shots -

1. They look a lot larger than a bullet or shot in comparison to the 60' trees they are flying over.
    2. They have a consistent geometry (thanks Bill! )
    3. In the video with the fire ring and smoking fire on our lowlands - that object is moving a LOT more slowly than the others. And it doesn't appear to have wings and it looks way too big to be an insect.

I wish I could find some footage or photos of a bullet in motion being filmed from above. Again, honestly? I am hoping for little grey men.. or perhaps impudent inter-dimensional teenagers flying their toys into the third dimension in spite of it being a no fly zone! Seems safer than rednecks with bad gun skills...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Billy (22nd January 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd January 2019), Pam (22nd January 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Any unlawful type creeping around in the trees with a riffle, would take a pot sot or two at such an inviting target as a Drone

It is only my gut feeling that I posted what I did, I don't know of examples.
    I don't know of the actual mechanics of this.
    Is the drone camera speed the right speed to capture a, lets say riffle shot in motion ?

But both trajectories do seem to come from the same tree, and like I say take into account the upwards and forwards motion of the drone, well the shooter didn't.

Quote I wish I could find some footage or photos of a bullet in motion being filmed from above. Again, honestly? I am hoping for little grey men.. or perhaps impudent inter-dimensional teenagers flying their toys into the third dimension in spite of it being a no fly zone! Seems safer than rednecks with bad gun skills...
    Hope your right
    Last edited by Sunny-side-up; 22nd January 2019 at 11:13.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

AriG (22nd January 2019), Pam (22nd January 2019)

27. Link to Post #74
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Any unlawful type creeping around in the trees with a riffle, would take a pot sot or two at such an inviting target as a Drone
    You really can't see the drone when its that high up. The drone is only about six inches long and 3.5 inches wide. At 400 feet it looks like a tiny dot. And you can't hear it from the ground either.

Quote I don't know of the actual mechanics of this.
    You probably know more than I do. We need another opinion from our in house Mathemetician

Quote Is the drone camera speed the right speed to capture a, lets say riffle shot in motion ?
    The speed was set to 30 frames per second (whatever that means)

Quote But both trajectories do seem to come from the same tree, and like I say take into account the upwards and forwards motion of the drone, well the shooter didn't.
    Pretty sure, if you believe that the shooter was actually on our property shooting, that he or she would not have been able to have seen or heard the drone at 400 feet

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

The only thing I could add about the tiny dot drone is.
    if watched climbing and then pot shots taken ?
    If you have the gift of aiming, wind, height, drop etc you can hit nearly anything.

Would also explain the, wide of the mark shots, if with a scope used, just means a bad shot.

It is all very interesting, was it a shooter, are the objects slugs or something (as you so rightly hope, as I hope) something more exotic

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

AriG (22nd January 2019)

31. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

T
    It is all very interesting, was it a shooter, are the objects slugs or something (as you so rightly hope, as I hope) something more exotic
    I am not really "Jones-ing" for any exotic outcome. I just don't want us or our animals (or vehicles) to be the victims of someone's irresponsibility.

If they are not 'pot shots', and are something more along the lines of extra-terrestrial or multi-dimensional, they clearly have no intention of harming us or they probably would have already done so.

Quote “The history of humanity is, to a very great extent, a history of violence.”
    ― David Livingstone Smith, The Most Dangerous Animal: Human Nature and the Origins of War

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

33. Link to Post #77
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,875 times in 1,034 posts

I'm sure you would have heard gun shots at the time if that were the case though !
    Air rifle perhaps not.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

AriG (28th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd January 2019)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

One line of research you might wan't to add is:

One thing I've wanted to do for some time is, experiment with night vision.

Experiment with UV flood lights and or UV cameras if that is a possible tech?

You might all of a suddenly see a whole lot more flying around than you had bargained for.

These used day and night, see what you capture.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultraviolet.../dp/B077SLYFDH
    Last edited by Sunny-side-up; 23rd January 2019 at 11:42.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

AriG (28th January 2019), Did You See Them (23rd January 2019)

37. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Interesting, watch at point 2:21

notice who it looks like it speeds up before impact.

keep investigating your vid, need to know what it was/is

38. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Hmmmm....my boyfriend saw something very similar to this, about a year ago. I posted about it on a thread about all of his weird experiences. Let me dig it up and paste it here:

" My boyfriend and I were coming home late one night around 12 am, and decided to loop around the greenbelt/construction site area near our apartment, as we were playing a song we both loved and wanted to finish it.

This is a very dark area, without much traffic at all past sunset.

We're driving along, when he suddenly stops the car, jaw dropped. He looks at me, and is visibly disappointed. He tells me 'Please don't tell me you didn't see that'.

Naturally, I hadn't, so I asked him what he was on about, and why he stopped.

He proceeded to tell me how he was looking into the trees/woods, and saw a perfectly rectangular light at the top of the treeline. It surprised him as it was flying around as if searching for something. Since he wasn't sure what it was, he slowed slightly to get a better look at it, and it suddenly stopped, noticing him noticing it, and shot straight up into the air at incredible speed, disappearing as it did so.

He said it was absolutely, perfectly rectangular, with sharp edges. It wasn't a light in the electric sense, but glowed softly, in pure white. It seemed to have depth, yet was not 3-dimensional. He said the best way to describe it was like a viewing a window from face-on: a hole, with things behind it, except this was solid white.

It was about the size of a child, and was 100% not a reflection of headlights, or a piece of paper, or anything of the sort. He said it moved intelligently, and fast.

We both have no idea what to make of that."

Just my 2 cents. I'll show him the picture you have later and see what he thinks of it.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

AriG (28th January 2019), Bill Ryan (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (25th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast