+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long-range shooting disproves 'Flat Earth' theory

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Long-range shooting disproves 'Flat Earth' theory

This is probably the most interesting debunking of the flat Earth theory I've ever seen, though it isn't even intended as such.

Basically, the drop on a bullet is different depending on whether you are firing into the east or the west, because at great distances, the rotation of the Earth actually impacts the trajectory of the bullet.

As you can see in the video above, when a bullet is fired against the rotation of the Earth, it drops more rapidly. When a bullet is fired in the same direction as the rotation of the Earth, the Coriolis effect actually causes the bullet to strike almost even, or slightly higher than the target.

When firing due north or south, the Coriolis effect is neutralized and drop distances only depend on gravity, wind, etc.

So next time someone brings up flat Earth nonsense, here's one more example of basic physics to confound them.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Long-range shooting disproves 'Flat Earth' theory

If you want to use long shooting as a means of disproving , why not just use earth images taken from the ISS ?
    Does such a lunatic proposition warrant a more detailed and time wasting rebuttal ?
    In fact, isn't it better to smile sweetly and walk away .

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by ripple (here)
    If you want to use long shooting as a means of disproving , why not just use earth images taken from the ISS ?
    Flat earthers claim that all photos and videos from space are fake.

As far as that goes, they may even be right. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some photos/video from space are faked, just to cover up whatever is really going on out there.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Quote Posted by ripple (here)
    Flat earthers claim that all photos and videos from space are fake.

As far as that goes, they may even be right. I wouldn't be surprised if at least some photos/video from space are faked, just to cover up whatever is really going on out there.
    That's why it is best to smile sweetly and walk .
    It is more logical to argue that all photos not taken from space -- independent from the subject being investigated -- are inadmissible . That will make them hiccup .

5. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,273 times in 21,091 posts

I started this Project Avalon Forum Thread that has now 53,000+ Views 190+ Content Based Replies: http://goo.gl/7kn7dv Exposing the #FlatEarthPsyOp thoroughly!
    it is NOT about the first post ... it is about a vast (huge) collection of 190+ replies most from me ... the depth of quality research shows itself in the totality of it ... not the first post ffs ... The total collection of hard core debunking 101 is truly very confrontational for flat earth believers if they were honest to themselves AFTER studying all of it.
    I have debunked F.E. Ad Nauseum for 2 years and am totally Fed Up with them, most do not even care for all the evidence that F.E. is a huge distraction on all levels of the Truth-movement by design! Those who pushes the F.E. in my Stop5G Fb Group (17,655+ members) & Fb Page (7000+ Likes) will be banned without warning and have no problems "losing" members because of it. Even if you posted over 100 good Stop5G posts! Stop5G FB Group is NOT a "F.E. recruiting ground" ... And NO am not "scared" for a debate ... have had plenty with them and won them all! ... The end-result is that they lower themselves with cheap name-callings and tons of false accusations IF corrected they claim you "lie" ... meaning: They do not give a Fck what you have to offer!
    My mind was LONG TIME OPEN ... and the point that realize they force you to "stay open" forever ... to serve their PsyOp forever ... no accountability for their claims not wanting to understand how deep I have researched it with a HUGE OPEN MIND! Later accusing me having a "closed mind" is just hilarious to me! ... All PsyOp tactics or just closed minded about my real open mindedness I had for over 2 years! ... I wasted so much time, I feel deeply ashamed!
    ODD-TV has one disadvantage ... it promotes F.E. "theories" as (unproven) "facts" and Huge Forum Thread debunking all of it for 2 years now, I know how they work & operate from own experiences. I run also bigger Fb Group with almost 40K members where #FlatEarthPsyOp posts are allowed by the Founder. So I have had so many debates with "Flat Earthers" that I know almost all mind tricks most of their (predictable) memes all their provable false assumptions. They can easily hijack ANY conspiracy type research Fb Group and totally dominate "what should be discussed" blah blah resulting in endless distractions, false accusations if you challenge them. For me "Flat Earthers" & Stop5G do NOT mix well! They will discredit us all as a whole! That is why I have chosen to kick people out if anyone spams F.E. rhetoric! ... I fear no debate because I already did that plenty times in a much bigger Fb Group last 3 years partially as a moderator.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 15th January 2019 at 00:24.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Arcturian108 (13th January 2019), Fellow Aspirant (14th January 2019), Franny (14th January 2019), ramus (14th January 2019), TrumanCash (14th January 2019), Zanshin (14th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #6
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Contrary to popular belief, people have known for thousands of years that the earth wasn't flat. It's obvious - ships disappear over the horizon, you can see over the horizon when you climb up a mountain.

To my mind, the best modern proof is that all pilots know the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line but a slight curve around the ball of the earth.

+ Reply to Thread