1. Link to Post #61
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: What sparks joy in you?

the only thing that invokes joy in my life is the truth- it's that easy-

Larry

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st March 2020), Constance (4th August 2019), Forest Denizen (4th August 2019), Hym (1st April 2020), Rich (5th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (1st April 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

I think, we feel joy when we feel good, and so, water makes us happy because it makes us well.

I don't know how much people are aware about this, but water its an Odd substance if compared to all the others (solid, liquid and gases)

For example, when solidifies increases the size (physical property). It's composed by two substances (combustible oxygen and oxidizing hydrogen, chemical) but it is used to put out the fire. When solidifies, build endless hexagonal forms of tiny crystals (see snowflakes in the microscope), and can be largely combined with carbon atom, that have atom number 6 (hexagon?).

I think, If carbon atom is important to form organic substances, water is too.

BTW, I feel very positive read posts / threads about joy and happiness, its a very nice thing.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 5th August 2019 at 17:32. Reason: bad english

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st March 2020), Constance (6th August 2019), Forest Denizen (5th August 2019), Hym (1st April 2020), Rich (5th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (1st April 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member OldArcher's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear Constance,

My children, Dowsing, and helping people, give me my greatest pleasure and joy.

Thanks,

OldArcher
    Dowsing for Life! Dowsing gives and brings life, and confidence! There are NO unhappy Dowsers!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OldArcher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st March 2020), Bluegreen (13th August 2019), Caliban (13th August 2019), Constance (31st March 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2019), Hym (1st April 2020), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (1st April 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,419 times in 10,156 posts

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st March 2020), Caliban (13th August 2019), Constance (31st March 2020), Forest Denizen (13th August 2019), Hym (1st April 2020), Rosemarie (13th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (1st April 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Bumping because we all need reminders of what sparks joy in us. We may be separated from each other but you can't hold down the souls divine spark.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (1st April 2020), Bill Ryan (31st March 2020), Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), DeeMetrios (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), Hym (1st April 2020), Post-Structuralist Comet (1st April 2020), Rosemarie (1st April 2020), thepainterdoug (1st April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,245 times in 3,168 posts

all of what I call high art. music, art, fine acting, all at their height. and this aligns with a certain truth, and truth aligns with seeing a stranger as yourself , which dovetails into a love, which encourages kindness and generosity to others.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2020), Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), Constance (1st April 2020), DeeMetrios (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), Hym (1st April 2020), Rosemarie (1st April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    all of what I call high art. music, art, fine acting, all at their height. and this aligns with a certain truth, and truth aligns with seeing a stranger as yourself , which dovetails into a love, which encourages kindness and generosity to others.
    Thank you Doug. So much truth in what you have said there.

You reminded me of an extraordinary video called, "Why beauty matters" by Roger Scruton

Here it is...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2020), DeeMetrios (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), Rosemarie (1st April 2020), thepainterdoug (1st April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

15. Link to Post #68
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Bumping because we all need reminders of what sparks joy in us. We may be separated from each other but you can't hold down the souls divine spark.
    Seeing you back here sparked joy for me, Constance!

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Anka (1st April 2020), Bill Ryan (1st April 2020), Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), Constance (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020), Kryztian (2nd April 2020), Rosemarie (1st April 2020), thepainterdoug (1st April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Seeing you back here sparked joy for me, Constance!
    Oh AutumnW, that is the sweetest thing to say! Much love to you

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (1st April 2020), AutumnW (1st April 2020), Bill Ryan (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020), Kryztian (2nd April 2020), Rosemarie (1st April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

I'm glad you returned our dear Constance!
    I am a new member, but since December last year, I have read a lot of what you have written and I liked to acknowledge there your love for all people. I can only thank you for this, but in my soul I am happy that you exist!

In the explosion of time and space, I am filled with the joy of settling unconditional love on the footsteps of life, in honor of Nature and the playful and sincere spirit of people.
    I recognize myself alone in all the joy and curiosity of knowing people. I wish I could give a comprehensive peace of love for all people, here, now and everywhere through my simple embrace.
    I promise in my free spirit, as a simple man, all my strength to love, all my desire for people to be well, in an eternal symbol of giving.
    I wish I could say to every human being: "Give me your hand and let us rejoice that we are so many and so powerful!" Let us all dance on the supreme song of our free spirit forever!
    My joy is to see the feeling of living joy multiplied in our souls of all, my joy is to see the wide smile inscribed on the faces of people after a joyful laugh, my joy is the explosion of every love particle inscribed in sincere and tight hugs between us, all people.

I wish I could always live in the sound of the most beautiful noise of life that we humans can make, I would like to capture every event of joy in nature and innocence of people, in a photo of goodwill and hope as in one day we may all be united. And if this is actually a dream, then it is a wonderful one, which is in the hearts of many of us.
    Metaphorically and in the balance of my soul, I would like the song of light of a rainbow of hope and love to bring us together sometime, because life belongs to us, it is not a choice, it is the vitality of a simple fact, which we can still enjoy.
    Let us start absolutely every morning dreaming that we have in many steps what we set out to do, and we follow our meticulous and conscious hope that we can always get wings to fly in the full capacity of a hug of the Universe, which reminds us of why we came here. , in this world with a great longing to fulfill each of us a mission, a mission that we promise to discover with each ray of sunshine and the beat of a breeze of life. To love, to feel, to learn, to fulfill.

The constellation of a memory brings us to the path of our soul in which we constantly demand the chance to love life in the perspective of making virtue the only pact of good choice on the path of good and in favor of the sincere love that we can always give to others. Love is in us.

When we manifest color in the good vibrational fragility of our vulnerability to give all love that we have, to share our spiritual experiences honestly, as you do my dear Constance, the feeling of belonging to this Earth connected by the wonderful vastness of a universe of fulfillments , reconnects us in taking the first step towards our emotional so beautiful freedom.
    There are billions of opportunities to choose a good thing today, a thought, a note, a communication, a gesture, an idea for the future, a pure feeling, to choose at least one a day, for a better world.

Thanks for the opportunity to talk about a glimmer of joy in these times.
    With love,
    Anka
    P. S.
    My way of expressing myself comes from my native language, and the English translation... I strive to make it as good as possible.
    But I can guarantee my good intentions when I adapt between the two languages, because it is from the depths of my soul.
    And all this to be just human.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2020), Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), Caliban (1st April 2020), Constance (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020), thepainterdoug (1st April 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It is so lovely to hear from you Anka! And the biggest and heartiest of welcomes to you. I really love your Avatar name!

Wow! What divine sparks of joy you share with us all!

I do believe you are writing love poetry for humanity.

I want to share this poem with you. It is by e.e.cummings and it expresses all the joy and innocence of childhood. It is called, in Just spring.

in Just-
    spring when the world is mud-
    luscious the little
    lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
    running from marbles and
    piracies and it's
    spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
    old balloonman whistles
    far and wee
    and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
    spring
    and

the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
    far
    and
    wee

Quote Love is in us.
    Yes. It is our natural state.

Quote I would like to capture every event of joy in nature and innocence of people, in a photo of goodwill and hope as in one day we may all be united.
    This might be the very thing that is needed on this planet right now. It is something to look forward to. We all need to have something to look forward to.

Quote My way of expressing myself comes from my native language, and the English translation... I strive to make it as good as possible
    The language of Love is always understood. It transcends all languages...

Keep up the great work!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (2nd April 2020), Bill Ryan (1st April 2020), Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), Caliban (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Took a walk today in the park
    The burning sun
    The fresh cool air
    The faces around me (without masks, of any kind)
    The burning sun made me new
    The sparkling pond the calls of the crows the floating diving ducks
    The early spring day that nothing can take away
    The sun brought a message to know you are always in joy

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Anka (2nd April 2020), Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), Constance (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Took a walk today in the park
    The burning sun
    The fresh cool air
    The faces around me (without masks, of any kind)
    The burning sun made me new
    The sparkling pond the calls of the crows the floating diving ducks
    The early spring day that nothing can take away
    The sun brought a message to know you are always in joy
    What you said here dear Caliban was like listening to a waterfall...It thundered all the way into my heart. The way you wrote made me feel as if I was there with you.

I would like to hang all of those words around my neck like jewellery. How your words made my spirits soar.

Quote The burning sun made me new
    I can't tell you how profound it was to read these words about our beautiful sun except to respond once again through e.e.cummings... (I love that mans poetry)

Quote and whatever a sun will always sing is you

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (2nd April 2020), Caliban (1st April 2020), Forest Denizen (2nd April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4