Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The healing powers of fruit and herbs

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,449 times in 1,706 posts

Default The healing powers of fruit and herbs

Hi everyone

I thought I might share my experiences here and what I have uncovered for myself.

For a couple of years now I have been predominantly eating a diet of raw fruit and herbs.

How it evolved went something like this.

I had been eating a plant-based (vegan) diet for at least eight years.
    For anyone that knows me well, I used to love spending time in the kitchen, experimenting with all kinds of whole food dishes, cooked and raw.
    I had created hundreds of my own recipes and had planned on writing a series of cookbooks.
    I had every knick knack and cooking utensil a home chef could ever desire.

My journey towards the fruit all started when I began to feel a growing (and distinct!) lack of interest for all the cooked and raw foods that I had previously enjoyed eating. Nothing but fruit seemed to satisfy, or appeal to me.
    Eating anything other than fruit became a chore, something I needed to do to keep the mind and body healthy.
    I would go food shopping and the fruit would almost seem to jump out at me. I was so drawn to the fruit and the effortless way in which I could consume fruit that everything else just eventually dropped away.

Intuitively, it just felt right to eat only fruit and herbs.

I had known about fruitarianism for some years.

I had occasionally frequented a raw food meetup group and met with folk who ate a predominantly fruit-based diet but the idea had never appealed to me because at that stage, I had made myself a bit of a guinea pig, experimenting with different ways of partaking of food.

However, all that changed and I now tuck into a huge bowl of delicious cherries and I feel so satisfied and delighted.

I have observed that young children are naturally drawn to fruit and will often choose that, over anything.

Last winter, I embarked upon a 3 month orange juice fast.

Last summer, I spent 3 months eating nothing but grapes. You could call it a grape fast. I plan on doing something similar this summer for a shorter duration.

A typical day for what I consume might go like this...
    One humongous glass of freshly squeezed orange juice
    One huge bowl of grapes
    Three large dragonfruit
    One large cup of herbal tea
    One bowl of dates

I usually start the day with an intermittent fast. I don't eat anything until I actually feel hungry. This can sometimes mean that I don't eat until around midday. I usually stop eating after about 7pm.

I don't take any other food supplements except the herbs.

Some of the side effects/ benefits have been:
    • A sensation of a lightness of being
    • A loss of excess weight and the ability to keep the weight off, effortlessly.
    • Boundless energy, I sometimes have so much energy I don't know what to do with myself.
    • Baby soft skin - no more dry skin on elbows, heels, shins
    • A heightened sense of smell (both a blessing and a curse!)
    • I tan more readily (increased melanin in skin perhaps?)
    • I need less sleep. Even on nights that I don't get much or any sleep, the next day, I experience no sense of bodily fatigue. (The only exception to this is if I have a series of sleepless nights and/or the weather is very hot.)
    • Mental clarity has increased exponentially
    • My gums have completely healed. I had always experienced some kind of gum inflammation throughout large periods of my life.
    • I used to suffer from ankle oedema during the summer months. No sign of it this time around.
    • An enlarged lymph node on the left side under my jawline has disappeared
    • Two moles on my body fell out.
    • My eyes are changing colour. They used to be a very dark brown, they are now a lighter brown in appearance.
    • The ability to fast is effortless
    • Low blood sugar issues have disappeared
    • Low blood pressure issues have disappeared
    • Night sweats have disappeared
    • Low-to-no body odour - no deoderant required
    • An increase in libido
    • Stools virtually odourless
    • Bouts of constipation - gone. Bowel movements are effortless.
    • No more oily hair
    • Dandruff issues have disappeared
    • Joint pain, stiffness and mobility, inflammation to certain joints have reduced and/or disappeared.
    • No more muscle soreness or stiffness, even after exercising vigorously for hours.
    • Warts on my left hand disappeared
    • Breast lumps have gone
    • Menopausal symptoms - non-existent
    • Gastric reflux at night - disappeared
    • Bloating issues and gassiness heavily reduced (still a work in progress as my leaky gut heals but nevertheless, a dramatic improvement)
    • Spiritual and psychic experiences are very much heightened
    • Gray hair - My hair was going quite gray until recently when I noticed that I had new regrowth of my original hair colour coming through.
    • No colds or flu's
    • I don't bleed whenever I am cut! (a very strange phenomena I only observed recently)
    • Arthritic pain in the neck, shoulders, wrists, ankles, knees and fingers are no longer present.

Health issues that I had been dealing with, and that had increased over the years have now mostly subsided or vanished. Back in my late 40's, I experienced two frozen shoulders. I suspect that this was due to prolonged carrying of my son in a baby carrier (He was nearly four and a half before I stopped using it!)
    My left shoulder took a long time to heal and had never been quite the same. I still have some slight pain in that shoulder with extended movement but that also appears to be resolving itself. (Update - became physically reinjured but now on the mend )

To be social with friends and loved ones, I will sometimes eat a regular plant based meal or a salad. However, these kinds of meals are becoming less frequent because it appears that the body has become very sensitised to anything other than the fruit and herbs.
    It seems that our microbiomes over time, adapt and adjust accordingly to what we eat.

An example of this is whenever I partake of any food other than fruit or herbs, food feels harder to digest and feels as if it sits in the stomach, undigested. I also feel a real bodily fatigue and a reduction in mental clarity which indicates to me (I could be wrong here!) that neurologically, my nervous system could be going offline.

Two weeks ago, I visited a cafe with a friend of mine who speaks limited english. She understood that I loved raw food but she wanted to treat me and so, I kindly obliged, and ordered the only raw meal on the menu. It was a Thai salad which featured marinated green beans. For three days I suffered from a severe gastrointestinal upset that left me in pain and fatigued.

The caveat to all of these experiences with the fruit is that I underwent a heavy spiritual, mental and physical detox during the first six months.
    I still jokingly refer to it as it being like a constant enema for the spiritual, mental and physical. According to Robert Morse ND, a fruitarian himself who has successfully treated many others for all kinds of physical suffering, you can go through a simultaneous regeneration and heavy detox period.

What I experienced during that detox was that everything that I had ever thought (or thought I knew) in relation to health and wellbeing had to be revised yet again.
    Spiritually, I went through some arduous shakeups. Emotionally, everything that had ever bothered me in the past surfaced and physically, I lost a lot of weight (which I am still regaining).

I experienced extreme bouts of fatigue and at times felt very weak. I also noticed that anything that I had suffered from in the past, eg. joint pain, old injuries flared up and increased before disappearing. But intuitively, I stuck with the fruit and herbs because I also knew deep down inside, something better was coming.

Luckily, I have always been a very big fan of herbs for healing and I recognised that my nervous system and in particular, my adrenals needed healing, so I started taking herbs that targeted specific organs and this really helped.
    Last edited by Constance; 24th July 2019 at 03:48. Reason: clarity
    Unity within the diversity

2. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (17th January 2019), Akasha (16th January 2019), anandacate (17th January 2019), Apulu (20th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), chris_walker (16th January 2019), conk (18th January 2019), DeeMetrios (26th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (18th January 2019), drneglector (16th January 2019), fifi (25th July 2019), Flash (16th January 2019), Hym (17th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th January 2019), Ioneo (15th January 2019), Jad (15th January 2019), Jill (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), Keyholder (2nd August 2019), Kryztian (25th July 2019), Libico (16th January 2019), mab777 (16th January 2019), Mike (16th January 2019), Nasu (17th January 2019), OopsWrongPlanet? (16th January 2019), Padmé (18th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), robinr1 (16th January 2019), rogparan (25th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (15th January 2019), Spirithorse (16th January 2019), Sunny (19th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019), toppy (16th January 2019), Woody (16th January 2019), Words of Joy (16th January 2019), Zanshin (16th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: A journey into being fruitarian

truly a great post and doctor morse is so special. thank you

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    Awwww...thanks Robinr1. He is rather special isn't he?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 times in 282 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    ...so I started taking herbs that targeted specific organs and this really helped.
    Wow, very interesting and inspiring post, Constance!

May I ask what herbs you are supplementing your diet with?

With admiration and respect

Ken
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ken For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Innocent Warrior (16th January 2019), mab777 (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Awwww...thanks Robinr1. He is rather special isn't he?

I watch so many of his videos I hear the words filtration and lymphatic system in my sleep.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Forest Denizen (here)
    very interesting and inspiring post,
    Why thank you Ken!

Quote May I ask what herbs you are supplementing your diet with?
    The list has really been endless Ken because I had numerous issues that I needed to tackle specific to my individual situation. The herbs listed here are relation to increasing the vitality of the brain and nervous system function, the adrenals, the parathyroid and the kidneys and bladder.

Ashwagandha
    Astragalus Root
    Black walnut hull

Burdock root
    Buchu leaf

Cordyceps
    Chaparral herb
    Chaste tree berry
    Comfrey root and leaf
    Couch Grass Root
    Cleavers Herb
    Cornsilk
    Dandelion Leaf

Goldenrod
    Gotu Kola
    Ginkgo leaf

Eleuthero root
    Hydrangea Root
    Hou shou woo

Licorice root

Juniper Berry

Kelp fronds
    Marshmallow root

Prickly Bark Ash
    Plaintain leaf
    Parsley Leaf
    Pipsissewa
    Rhodiola root
    Rosemary leaf

Skullcap
    Schizandra Berry
    Saw Palmetto Berry
    Suma Root

White oak bark
    Wild Yam root

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), DeeMetrios (26th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), drneglector (16th January 2019), Hym (17th January 2019), Jill (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), Kryztian (17th June 2019), Padmé (18th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), Sunny (19th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

I watch so many of his videos I hear the words filtration and lymphatic system in my sleep.
    I completely understand what you mean

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,221 times in 3,853 posts

Constance that's an amazing testimony there. Thanks for sharing. You look great.

I feel the same about fruits - they jump off the shelf at me! Pears, oranges, apples...i see these fruits and i just wanna run them thru my juicer and guzzle a gallon of the juice. It's so satisfying.

Sometimes it is a chore for me to juice all the celery and cucumber and carrot, because all i want are the fruits!

But in my head I keep hearing all the warnings about fruit and blood sugar, fruit and rotten teeth, etc etc. I've never intuitively agreed with it, but it's gotten to me.

Just like there are certain diets that work for some people and not others, I've often wondered if there are certain diets that work for us at certain times. I don't know if I could do just fruit forever, but I've always thought it might be beneficial for me maybe a month out of the year or something.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (18th January 2019), drneglector (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Constance that's an amazing testimony there. Thanks for sharing. You look great.
    Thanks Mike

Quote Sometimes it is a chore for me to juice all the celery and cucumber and carrot, because all i want are the fruits!

But in my head I keep hearing all the warnings about fruit and blood sugar, fruit and rotten teeth, etc etc. I've never intuitively agreed with it, but it's gotten to me.
    I hear you Mike. It can be quite tricky to follow your intuition when everyone else is shouting the exact opposite thing at you.
    I'm completely amazed by the positive results I have had with my blood sugars. Honestly? I was expecting the worst, and at the beginning of the journey, it felt like my worst fears were confirmed. I had zero energy and lost so much weight.

But then something happened after that initial six months and my energy levels went through the roof and I can now intermittently fast every day without suffering any symptoms.
    My son has experienced the same amazing results too by eating predominantly fruit and intermittent fasting. He is such a calm child (teenager) who is in brilliant health.

We were at the dentist recently to get our teeth cleaned and the dental hygienist couldn't stop exclaiming, "Constance, your gums are so pink and they are not bleeding!" I cant be sure but why I think she was exclaiming surprise is that she is so used to seeing bleeding gums whenever she does clean teeth that the state of my gums surprised her (She knows I eat a plant-based diet and asks me lots and lots of questions, which is sometimes hard to answer with your mouth open wide. Lots of aha's and shaking of the head) Heck, I don't even use a toothbrush anymore, I just use a tooth blotter! (She also knows that too )
    My son is nearly 14-yrs-old. Not a cavity to be found and his gums are in perfect health.

Quote Just like there are certain diets that work for some people and not others, I've often wondered if there are certain diets that work for us at certain times.
    I used to think that too until I experienced a vitality and a feeling of wellbeing that has always eluded me in the past. And then I discovered a whole world of people who were healing from diseases that were thought to be incurable, just by going to the fruit and herbs alone.

And then I had to ask myself the question, "If we started with a fruit diet from birth, what could be the possibilities for experiencing perfect health and wellbeing?"

I fell down that rabbit hole and I'm still yet to climb out.

I am aware that health and wellbeing is a multifaceted thing so I know that one cannot peg the entire wholistic health scene upon what we eat but what strikes me as being interesting is the children that I have seen who were born fruitarian and who are now grown, they have become quite remarkable beings.

Quote I don't know if I could do just fruit forever, but I've always thought it might be beneficial for me maybe a month out of the year or something.

That is a very good idea.
    Last edited by Constance; 16th January 2019 at 09:29. Reason: spelling errors

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (18th January 2019), drneglector (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), Rosemarie (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), Sunny (19th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,743 times in 8,858 posts

I don’t know where you live, but here there are no truly fresh fruits for 6 months of the year (in fact rather 8 months). Except for those transported from thousands of miles away. Same for herbs.

I wonder if frozen fruits would be as good or either the devitaminized one picked up when not ripe and having traveled for a week, being gazzed to accelerate their ripening when arriving at destination.

Got the same questions to vegetarians in the past.

Inuits (eskimos) almost never eat veggies or fruits, yet if they do not drink, they are quite healthy on almost exclusively fat and meat diet.

I do believe it works for you in your climate , but in ours??? I would have to see the studies of vitamins and proteins of fast frozen fruits and the needs in very cold climates. (Today is -30 centigrade, -22 farenheit))
    Last edited by Flash; 16th January 2019 at 05:26.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), naochan (16th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I don’t know where you live, but here thdre are no fresh fruits for 6 months of the tear (in fact rather 8 months). Except for those transported from thousands of miles away. Same for herbs.

I wonder if frozen fruits would be as good or the devitaminized one picked up when not ripe and having traveled tfor a week, being gazed to accelerate their ripening when arriving at destination.

Inuits almost never eat veggies or fruits, yet if they do not drink, they are quite healthy on fat and meat diet.

I do believe it works for you in your climate , but in ours???icwould have to see the studies of vitamins and proteins of fast frozen fruits and the needs in very cold climates. (Today is -30 centigrade, -22 farenheit))

Hi from Australia Flash
    We have been in the middle of a heatwave here and I could sure use a cool blast from your end of the planet!

I am aware of how problematic it can be for those whom don't have access to fresh fruit. Robert Morse ND answers the kinds of questions you have in his videos. They are all free and readily available to everyone.

I am also aware of a lady by the name of Hilde Larsen who lives in Sweden. She has been a fruitarian for nearly a decade now and is in great health.
    Regarding your comments around the Inuit, I wouldn't like to say how healthy they might be on meat and fat, or what kind of longevity they experience for that matter. Someone else might have an answer to that question.
    I do know that Akasha is fairly knowledgeable in that area, you might like to pose your question on his thread.
    Last edited by Constance; 16th January 2019 at 19:51.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (18th January 2019), Flash (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 268,487 times in 19,810 posts

I think this is fascinating. Not being a medical professional (or a biochemist!), I do find it all sometimes hard to understand. And I bet I'm not the only one.

The proof is in the pudding, to make a bad joke. If someone's thriving and glowing on any regime at all, then kudos: it's just WORKING.

But sometimes, problems may start when another person thinks: Wow, I'm going to do exactly the same thing. And then, sometimes that doesn't work. (For them.)

There are some equally impressive testimonies for ketogenic diets, paleo diets (those two are very similar), and vegan/vegetarian diets in general. (Yes, see Akasha's All Things Vegan! thread.) Some folks really do switch to eating a huge bunch of meat and fat, and then all their ailments disappear. This really happens. But maybe not to everyone!

All I can say is that we all need to listen to our bodies, and listen well — whatever they seem to be saying, unless they want drugs or cake and cookies. I suspect that all bodies are different, and maybe in ways that are just not yet fully understood by anyone.

What we gain from testimonies like this (and those of others, too) is that there may be many things to experiment with personally before settling on something that's just perfect for one's own purpose.

What I do think does NOT always help is someone saying Listen, this worked for me, so this is what everyone should do. Diet is primarily a practical issue, and if it's a belief (or value) system as well, that might easily get in the way. And there really are a lot of YouTube videos rather like that. That's one reason why the whole arena can be so confusing for someone who wants to change their diet.... but what to?

24. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (17th January 2019), anandacate (17th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), DeeMetrios (26th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Dennis Leahy (18th January 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Ioneo (16th January 2019), Jill (16th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), Kryztian (25th July 2019), Nasu (17th January 2019), peterpam (16th January 2019), petra (16th January 2019), Rosemarie (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,762 times in 1,585 posts

Constance, thanks for a most interesting and informative post. I eat a vegetarian diet that is mostly fresh, raw sprouts, veggies and fruits. In the summer when my fruit trees and berries produce I eat a lot more fresh fruit and notice a distinct difference. There is a lightness and vitality for me when primarily eating fruit. I am also fortunate enough to get it when it is very fresh from the vine or tree. I also notice the ease of digestion and a calmness and clarity of mind.

I believe the fear that some have of blood sugar imbalances and tooth decay could be more likely if one is consuming lots of juices. Eating whole unadulterated fruit slows down the digestive process and doesn't give a concentrated blast of glucose.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to peterpam For This Post:

Agape (17th January 2019), Akasha (16th January 2019), anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Bruno (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), Kryztian (25th July 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,972 times in 1,360 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

I feel the same about fruits - they jump off the shelf at me! Pears, oranges, apples...i see these fruits and i just wanna run them thru my juicer and guzzle a gallon of the juice. It's so satisfying.

Sometimes it is a chore for me to juice all the celery and cucumber and carrot, because all i want are the fruits!

Just like there are certain diets that work for some people and not others, I've often wondered if there are certain diets that work for us at certain times. I don't know if I could do just fruit forever, but I've always thought it might be beneficial for me maybe a month out of the year or something.
    This is kind of synchronous for me, I recently stumbled across a news article about another fruitarian, and she was being seriously made fun of and looked down upon! She looked wonderful though, and seemed really happy to me. I love fruits too, and also nuts. When I eat them, I'm instantly rewarded.

I dislike juicers. I got 1 glass of apple juice from 6 apples, and the juice started to turn brown before I even got to drink all of it.

My teeth are already pretty bad, but technically, I don't really need them ;-) I'm considering this myself, and I do take into account my teeth, and my blood.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,187 times in 1,234 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I don’t know where you live, but here there are no truly fresh fruits for 6 months of the year (in fact rather 8 months). Except for those transported from thousands of miles away. Same for herbs.

I wonder if frozen fruits would be as good or either the devitaminized one picked up when not ripe and having traveled for a week, being gazzed to accelerate their ripening when arriving at destination.

Inuits (eskimos) almost never eat veggies or fruits, yet if they do not drink, they are quite healthy on almost exclusively fat and meat diet.

I do believe it works for you in your climate , but in ours??? I would have to see the studies of vitamins and proteins of fast frozen fruits and the needs in very cold climates. (Today is -30 centigrade, -22 farenheit))
    Not to get off topic but to quickly nip the ole' healthy Inuit yarn in the bud (source: pubmed.gov):

Quote Life expectancy in the Inuit-inhabited areas of Canada, 1989 to 2003.
    Wilkins R1, Uppal S, Finès P, Senècal S, Guimond E, Dion R.
    Author information
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVES:

Because of a lack of Aboriginal identifiers on death registrations, standard data sources and methods cannot be used to estimate basic health indicators for Inuit in Canada. Instead, a geographic-based approach was used to estimate life expectancy for the entire population of Inuit-inhabited areas.
    DATA SOURCES:

The data are from the Canadian Mortality Database and the Census of Canada.
    ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES:

Areas where at least 33% of residents were Inuit were identified, based on census results. Vital statistics death records for 1989 through 2003 and census population counts for 1991, 1996 and 2001 were used to compute abridged life tables for the Inuit-inhabited areas in each of the three 5-year periods centered around those census years.
    MAIN RESULTS:

In 1991, life expectancy at birth in the Inuit-inhabited areas was about 68 years, which was 10 years lower than for Canada overall. From 1991 to 2001, life expectancy in the Inuit-inhabited areas did not increase, although it rose by about two years for Canada as a whole. As a result, the gap widened to more than 12 years. Life expectancy in the Inuit-inhabited areas was generally highest in the Inuvialuit region (Northwest Territories) and Nunavut (Territory), followed by Nunatsiavut (Labrador) and Nunavik (Quebec). While these results are not specific to the Inuit population, such geographic-based methods can be used with any administrative datasets that include postal codes or municipal-level locality codes.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,930 times in 1,945 posts

I would DIE on this diet. I am not exaggerating. If I did it for a month, minus medication, I would lose so much weight I'd have to be hospitalized. I'd feel lighter for sure and more spiritually connected as many people do when they are in ketosis or nearing death.

Diet is an individual thing and as a weight loss regime for some people, being fruitarian temporarily is a great idea but there is not a society on earth that eats nothing but fruit without eventually suffering ill effects.

Having said that, you look wonderful Constance!

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (16th January 2019), Constance (16th January 2019), DeeMetrios (26th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Kryztian (25th July 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), spade (18th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    I would DIE on this diet. I am not exaggerating. If I did it for a month, minus medication, I would lose so much weight I'd have to be hospitalized. I'd feel lighter for sure and more spiritually connected as many people do when they are in ketosis or nearing death.

Diet is an individual thing and as a weight loss regime for some people, being fruitarian temporarily is a great idea but there is not a society on earth that eats nothing but fruit without eventually suffering ill effects.

Having said that, you look wonderful Constance!
    Why thank you AutumnW

You are right to trust yourself; what your inner knowing and your body tells you, let that always be your guide.

I love to experiment and so naturally, if I am drawn to something that feels right to me and ultimately I know I will be safe in the process, I just go for it. Otherwise, as a lovely friend once said to me, "if in doubt, stay out."

I don't have the answers for where humanity is headed, or how we might be evolving, or what information is missing (or has been hidden) in relation to our dietary needs and why I am still down that rabbit hole when it comes to exploring with the fruit and herbs.

Bill is absolutely correct when he says that we are all different in ways that are not understood by anyone. I think of the book that Michael Talbot wrote called The Holographic Universe when I say this.
    There are so many riddles to our mind and body that have been left unanswered.
    Teleportation, Telepathy, levitation, breatharianism, instant healings - How is it that beings in this world are capable of these feats and many more?

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (17th January 2019), anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Flash (17th January 2019), Ken (16th January 2019), RunningDeer (16th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,069 times in 2,143 posts

Holy cow arent you afraid of the sugar overload from all that fruits? But the truth is, the best tasting foods are: sweet and sour, sweet and creamy, sweet and spicy, sour and salty, salty and creamy and sweet, sweet and creamy and spicy. you name it sweet and salt is always there. But hey arent sugar and salt is bad for the health. I just realized that if you gather like minded people in one venue its so easy to mind control them because they react in the same manner to the same irritants.
    Natural sugar is the best thing you can give to your body 95% of taste buds cant be wrong.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

anandacate (17th January 2019), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Constance (17th January 2019), DeeMetrios (26th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Ken (17th January 2019), Tam (26th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Australia Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Holy cow arent you afraid of the sugar overload from all that fruits?
    The honest answer here is no!

Quote I just realized that if you gather like minded people in one venue its so easy to mind control them because they react in the same manner to the same irritants.
    Coffee, tea and biscuits anyone?

Quote Natural sugar is the best thing you can give to your body 95% of taste buds cant be wrong.
    One thing I have observed is that young children are naturally drawn to fruit and will often choose that first, over anything else.

Apparently, it isn't just the tastebuds that know what they want.

Here is a funny little study that I recently came across titled Diet quality and the attractiveness of male body odor

Abstract
    Human axillary sweat may provide information pertaining to genetic relatedness and health status. A significant contributor to good health, both in the short and longer term, is a diet rich in fruit and vegetables. In this study we tested whether dietary fruit and vegetable intake, assessed indirectly by skin spectrophotometry (assessing dietary carotenoid intakes) and subjectively by food frequency questionnaire, was associated with more pleasant smelling sweat. Male participants provided axillary sweat samples and dietary information. Female participants then evaluated these samples on several affective, qualitative and psychophysical dimensions. The skin spectrophotometry measure (CIELab b*), indicative of greater fruit and vegetable intake, was significantly associated with more pleasant smelling sweat (with more floral, fruity, sweet and medicinal qualities), independent of sweat intensity. Self-report dietary data revealed that fat, meat, egg and tofu intake was associated with more pleasant smelling sweat, and greater carbohydrate intake with stronger smelling less pleasant sweat. These data parallel facial judgments, in which yellower more carotenoid rich skin, is found to be more attractive.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (17th January 2019), Akasha (18th January 2019), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Bubu (18th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (25th July 2019), Hym (17th January 2019), Ken (17th January 2019), RunningDeer (17th January 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,779 times in 3,446 posts

That’s very encouraging and above all, it’s a good option, one of the most natural options of all natural options- for a vegetarian.
    Imagine being alone in a jungle, fruits and nuts can actually feed you , they fed armies of monkeys( and monks) already.
    I think it’s what we are naturally supposed to eat to stay healthy.

Vegetables are “health supplement”and digestion booster but can’t be eaten in big quantities in my opinion, most of them are hard and difficult to digest, raw or cooked.

Of fruits I like avocados recently the best- they’re delicious, not too sweet or acidic and contain some precious fats and proteins as well. Avocado is very filling kind of fruit.
    Also coconut is very versatile and has many amazing properties.

Water melons and other melons that aren’t so sweet are also commendable.

Human genes are very diverse, as many of us observed already and if you look even closer to individual lives no two people eat the same.

Purifying ones body and mind so also diet is always worth it nonetheless.

I think that current standard medical aka scientific approach to human diet is like ball off the court. There is no “one size fits all” I guess. If it was the world would be easier place.

I completely believe people who listen to their body instead of advertisements and thus they get to their “right place” and health. Sometimes it can mean few errors but thus we learn. Know Thyself is important.

Once I’ve read a story of young toddler who suffered from all kinds of food related dysfunctions to the extreme he was hospitalised all the time - till his parents let him choose whatever did not cause him any trouble and guess what, the kid then lived on peppermints in chocolate for couple of years till his system matured enough to be able to eat so called “normal foods”. The point is, it was not a quirk, he was monitored medically and it did not cause him any harm either.

Cheers Constance
    Last edited by Agape; 17th January 2019 at 22:00.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Constance (17th January 2019), Ken (17th January 2019), RunningDeer (17th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast