Thread: Dolores Cannon: The Back Drop People

1. Link to Post #41
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Dolores Cannon: The Back Drop People

illusions The Reluctant Messiah" --the audio book read by Richard --the author.
    One of the most moving books I have enjoyed.
    Thanks for the reminder lake
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

lake (18th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (18th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Hi, Mike.

IMHO -

I find it less confusing to go to the source of the information when it comes to topics Dolores spoke about because she sometimes neglected to keep it in the context in which it was delivered. She also presented her summaries from her perspective and with her comprehension, while it would have been more informative to have interviewed the client about it.

The chapter on back drop people came from The Convoluted Universe series, which is an excellent series but this chapter from book four is one of the weakest chapters, I personally wouldn't have included it.

Puttng it context. That client was trying to warn people and teach others awareness of higher spiritual ways of living but people weren't listening and then during the session this topic of the back drop people came up. There's far too little information about this topic presented during the session to make any solid sense of it, you're left not having any clear sense of what they even are.

I would have liked to ask that client what that meant to her and what she took from it, maybe it was not meant to be taken as literally as Dolores took it. I gleaned the following message for the client from what was said; 'you're telling the wrong people, teach the others with a higher vibration who will listen, consider the rest of the people as a back drop, just energy.' More information would be required to make sense of other details mentioned.

I've quoted the parts from that chapter where the client describes the back drop people below -

"S: Yes. There's just so many in this room where the crystals are that choose a life or have a path. The rest of the people aren't sent here on a path.
    D: What are their lives for then?
    S: It's like a backdrop.

That was a strange statement. I had never heard that before.

D: What do you mean?
    S: In a movie they paint something around the person so there's a backdrop.
    D: So the others don't realy have purposes?
    S: Right. They come to live, breathe, work and die.
    D: Is there any hope that they might find a path, or are they a different kind of soul?
    S: They didn't choose. They're just here to be part of the backdrop. They're slaves. They're slaves that go from one star system to the next and they are used as a backdrop.
    D: Just to be there for these persons with a purpose.
    S: Yes. For you to learn, to stay on your path, you have to have these other people in your way, living beside you, but you're here for a lesson and they're here for a backdrop.
    D: Yes, but sometimes they create problems, to try to pul you off your path? (Yes) Is that part of their purpose, to distract you? (Yes) But when you're in your body, you don't know al these things, do you?
    S: Not all light beings are the light source. They're just here as energy to help us with our lessons, to create chaos or to work or just to live. Certain beings go to learn the lessons for the light Source. It's like you're just a higher being.
    D: Then the other ones, they don't evolve to become higher beings?
    S: No, they're just energy. Like making a movie where they use extras."

"S: Time is short because of these lower beings. All they want to do is hurt each other. They want to destroy each other. They want to destroy the land, which hurts the animals, the trees and the water. And in short, you have to get to the youth so they can spread the words and help heal the planet.
    D: The adults are not going to be able to help?
    S: The higher source adults. The others have gone from doing their jobs as backdrops to being angry. They want to be angry at somebody or something and all they want to do is kill ... kill or hurt. (She winced in pain again.)"

"S: Just talk to the ones with the higher life source.— Everything is speeding up. There's less time. That's why we all had to come here. There's less time. We have to save the planet.
    D: I've heard there are some that are not going to be able to be saved.
    S: No. The backdrop people, but they're angry.
    D: The vibrations are changing. So the backdrop people will stay with the old Earth? (Yes) And that's why they're angry?
    S: Yes. It's like they're acting and they got a script and they are playing this part, and their part is to destroy this planet."

"D: So as the Earth goes through all the changes and catastrophes, there will be many people dying.
    S: Yes, yes. There will be a lot of that. (Matter-of-factly.)
    D: But they choose this before they come in anyway?
    S: No, not so much choose. They're kind of like slaves. They're taken from one place to another to do whatever they need to do there because they are just energy."
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Constance (19th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (19th January 2019), Flash (19th January 2019), Forest Denizen (19th January 2019), Kryztian (19th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (20th January 2019), RunningDeer (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Thanks Rach

that's helpful. it's clear that Dolores asks some leading questions, which may have distorted the msg a little.

their purpose - backdrop people - is so vague as to be almost meaningless.

i know we require relativity here to fully experience our spiritual essence. maybe the so called backdrop people are just providing us with more things to be in relation to...if that makes any sense. maybe their purpose is to speed up the process of evolution, by making us encounter more circumstances and "people", quicker.

who knows?

it sounds like something out of a philip k. dick novel! this weird stuff has always appealed to me, but i've always taken it with a grain of salt...i'd encourage others to do same.

what's sort of interesting though is that the british man who is presenting with her, and claims to not read her books, has arrived at a similar idea..although his 'backdrop people' are slightly different
    Last edited by Mike; 19th January 2019 at 04:11.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (19th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (19th January 2019), Flash (19th January 2019), Forest Denizen (19th January 2019), greybeard (19th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (19th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    S: They're kind of like slaves. They're taken from one place to another to do whatever they need to do there because they are just energy."
    Children of a lesser god...

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

Thanks for Rachel getting the text on here. It always gives us a clearer perspective on what we are talking about. Do you remember which volume of "Convoluted Universe" this is from? I believe Dolores published four volumes and there is a posthumous one coming out or perhaps it is in print now.

It's also important to note that this information came to Delores through her clients, people who were in a hypnotic state and were relating information about their past lives not only as humans but as other life forms, and not just here on earth. Also there is information about the times between lives.

I vaguely remember Dolores talking about "The Backdrop People" in a video. Even she seemed to be somewhat bemused by the idea. But I think she also felt that "they" felt this was a concept we needed to know about and that it was her job to get the information out there.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 811 posts

Hi Kryztian....I think Rachel may have said book 4 and Cannon was mentioned in the Pre-Birth Plan thread (so in-between lives) and do you mean another video except the one in the opening post?

Hope that helps
    Normal..!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2019), Innocent Warrior (20th January 2019), Kryztian (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

That whole idea of "back drop" people was very clearly shown in the movie "The Truman Show". They were real people, but only there in Truman's life to move the story along.

Tomkat, when I first experienced this concept "Children of a Lesser God" is exactly what I thought and I was horrified for them. I was very sad and upset for a while.

Whether that is literally true or not, I cannot say. But I was shown and lived something along those lines for a brief time. To say it was a paradigm buster is an understatement.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

15. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Personally....I consider that many are refusing to consider the blatantly obvious concept that you are within a 'war'!

That you do not wish to entertain said idea, even though if you tie together 'current' threads....it will smack you in the face.
    Normal..!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2019), Kryztian (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

I know that now. The battle is through us. The ones here now are the best and the brightest.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Flash (19th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #50
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Valerie....I disagree. Sorry.

The 'ones' 'left'.......are the most able to comprehend violence and hold within them the 'justice' required, they can 'deflect' demonic nature and use it as their own and they can consider that they are not so VERY important upon this realm!

That the physical being is nought but awareness brought into being, via individualised perception, which is required in order to assist another....Earth.

And this is 'on topic'....It is just not skin deep....
    Normal..!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #51
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    Personally....I consider that many are refusing to consider the blatantly obvious concept that you are within a 'war'!

That you do not wish to entertain said idea, even though if you tie together 'current' threads....it will smack you in the face.
    We are at war because we are confrontaional--most have not realized the concept that you can not sort a problem at the same with same level of energy thatit was created. Probably an inacurate quote.
    Dolores spoke of separation--the good moving on, the others staying behind.
    No battle --fight not necessary--if you believe her.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    Valerie....I disagree. Sorry.

The 'ones' 'left'.......are the most able to comprehend violence and hold within them the 'justice' required, they can 'deflect' demonic nature and use it as their own and they can consider that they are not so VERY important upon this realm!

That the physical being is nought but awareness brought into being, via individualised perception, which is required in order to assist another....Earth.

And this is 'on topic'....It is just not skin deep....
    Cool. I meant the best and the brightest for the task at hand, as it stands on Earth in this time period. You wouldn't send an ant to battle an anteater.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

Thanks Lake, I have read parts of book 4 and all of 3 and do remember "The Back Drop" people. Delores has had many, many, many of her appearances put on Youtube so this is probably not the only time she has talked on the subject.

I prefer to think of "The Backdrop People" as a concept that helps us understand how our world is a matrix, how there isn't an objective reality, at least not the way we conceive of it in our 3D Cartesian space model. The items we focus our intent on have much more reality than what we see in our peripheral vision. On the other hand, I absolutely believe in the reality of other people: for example, I believe that what I am writing now is going to be read by real, intelligent people, including one real flesh and blood individuals who uses the user name "lake" on this forum. Please don't tell me that you are a backdrop person!?!?!

Dolores mentions that the many people you see in a crowd or at the airport, in your peripheral vision, maybe back drop people. But what if you suddenly focus on someone you see peripherally and interact with them and get to know them. Does that mean that they are no longer backdrop people, or never were?

A lot of the strange ideas in "Convulted Universe" seem illogical when you start to think them out in detail. But they do make you think!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

lake (19th January 2019), Mike (19th January 2019), Valerie Villars (19th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

Mike, you caught right on to one of the problems I have with some of Dolores' later work.

The more she learned, and the more she interacted with all these "subconsciouses" and ETs speaking through the subconsciouses, the more she would do like you pointed out. Ask leading questions. In fact, a lot of times, she would make a characterization, or summarize something, and then say, "Is that right?"

A big property of the non-physical realm she is reaching into is that it's immediately responsive to thought. And there seems to be times where it feels like all she's getting is what she's asking for. It's a problem that a lot of visionaries and channelers have run into over the years, sometimes quite dreadfully. A connection with a non-physical entity can start out very pure and genuine, and after a while the connection and the information passed along can deteriorate due to changes in the experiencer's intentions and reasons for wanting to come back for more.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Forest Denizen (20th January 2019), greybeard (20th January 2019), Kryztian (22nd January 2019), Mike (20th January 2019), Pam (20th January 2019), Valerie Villars (20th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I know that now. The battle is through us. The ones here now are the best and the brightest.
    To paraphrase Neil Young "this chemtrail's for you!" :-)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    A big property of the non-physical realm she is reaching into is that it's immediately responsive to thought. And there seems to be times where it feels like all she's getting is what she's asking for. It's a problem that a lot of visionaries and channelers have run into over the years, sometimes quite dreadfully. A connection with a non-physical entity can start out very pure and genuine, and after a while the connection and the information passed along can deteriorate due to changes in the experiencer's intentions and reasons for wanting to come back for more.
    wiser words have not been uttered

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

johnf (27th February 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (26th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

I have been doing Beyond Quantum Healing hypnosis (Which is inspired by Dolores Cannons Qhht) sessions for while now. Today I finally took the leap and facilitated my first online session. Though many had reassured me that they worked extremely well, I had been a bit resistant to doing it as I really like the intimacy of the one on one experience. Well the session today was one of the most powerful and intense sessions I have ever had the privilege of being involved in.

The reason that I am posting this here is that the client's guide shared about the 'back drop people'. This was completely impromptu. I did not ask anything about this and neither had the client. She explained that the difference between active humans and backdrop humans was their ability to influence this reality. Active players have the ability to influence while the backdrop people don't. BUT what got particularly interesting was that she said that it wasn't that these backdrop people didn't have souls...it was that their actual beings were not embedded in this reality...they were for the most part spectators..who had come to witness this massive transformational period that the Earth is currently going through. These people are actually situated on ships that surround the planet and are projecting their consciousness into the backdrop beings. The part of their awareness that is on Earth is obviously not aware and in many ways are just going through the motions.

Anyway I just thought this was an interesting perspective to add to this discussion.
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 27th February 2019 at 22:44.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Forest Denizen (27th February 2019), johnf (27th February 2019), Mike (27th February 2019), Pam (28th February 2019), Rhogar (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022), sunwings (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019), what is a name? (28th February 2019)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Enfolded, that is a very interesting perspective and may help explain some of the phenomenon of targeting, especially when one experiences "The Truman Show".

For me, when that happened, there were much fewer people in my world and they were either like walking dead or very much alive.

My point is that perhaps when one wakes up, one is impervious to the machinations of those manipulated beings and then no longer sees them.

Just a thought.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

enfoldedblue (28th February 2019), Flash (28th February 2019), Forest Denizen (1st March 2019), Mike (28th February 2019), RunningDeer (21st August 2022)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    I have been doing Beyond Quantum Healing hypnosis (Which is inspired by Dolores Cannons Qhht) sessions for while now. Today I finally took the leap and facilitated my first online session. Though many had reassured me that they worked extremely well, I had been a bit resistant to doing it as I really like the intimacy of the one on one experience. Well the session today was one of the most powerful and intense sessions I have ever had the privilege of being involved in.

The reason that I am posting this here is that the client's guide shared about the 'back drop people'. This was completely impromptu. I did not ask anything about this and neither had the client. She explained that the difference between active humans and backdrop humans was their ability to influence this reality. Active players have the ability to influence while the backdrop people don't. BUT what got particularly interesting was that she said that it wasn't that these backdrop people didn't have souls...it was that their actual beings were not embedded in this reality...they were for the most part spectators..who had come to witness this massive transformational period that the Earth is currently going through. These people are actually situated on ships that surround the planet and are projecting their consciousness into the backdrop beings. The part of their awareness that is on Earth is obviously not aware and in many ways are just going through the motions.

Anyway I just thought this was an interesting perspective to add to this discussion.
    Thanks for taking the time to share that experience, enfoldedblue. If what she is saying is accurate, why would many others talk about having an opportunity on earth being at a premium, why would the spectators be given preference over the experiencers? Also, how could you possibly live on this planet and not influence reality? That would mean that they are not subject to cause and effect. It would mean that they operate outside of duality. I believe there are so called enlightened ones that can do it, but certainly not a large group. Having an effect on reality not only means the big things but the tiniest of things, it is all interrelated. It defies logic.
    Last edited by Pam; 28th February 2019 at 16:42.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2019), Forest Denizen (1st March 2019), Mike (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    About all of us are backdrops. We are not connected to our source, we are dead alive. So we are backdrops with no impact whatsoever in this life.
    This is a profound idea. The depth of truth is so far beyond understanding by most people in the world. Not saying I understand, but least I'm staring at it.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2019), Forest Denizen (1st March 2019), Mike (28th February 2019), Pam (1st March 2019)

39. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

I don't want to be a backdrop. Switch me back! I want to live!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

Flash (28th February 2019), Forest Denizen (1st March 2019), Pam (1st March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast