+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative self-sufficient living in Russia

1. Link to Post #1
    Russian Federation Avalon Member CoCreator's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Alternative self-sufficient living in Russia

I believe you will be interested to know about Russian people living in nature on 2.5 - 5 acres. They call it a Kin's domain.

Here is a brief story of Russian family homesteads (Kin's domains):
    At the end of the last century Anastasia, the heroine of the "Ringing Cedars of Russia" book series inspired people to create family homesteads in the form of Kin's domains which has turned out into national movement with more than 400 eco-communities of Kin's domains developing now in Russia.

A Kin's domain is a piece of land at least 1 hectare (2.5 acres) in size owned and developed by an individual or a family who prefer living their lives in nature to the hustle and bustle of city life. They provide a sustainable way of living which also helps improve the quality of our planet.

Why one hectare? Because this is a sufficient minimum amount of land sizable enough to sustain the basic life-long and multi-generational needs of each family or domain settler. This is an amount of land that can be stewarded sustainably by the efforts of an individual or family, without becoming too difficult to manage and that can be managed without the need for heavy industrial agricultural machinery or harmful chemicals and fertilizers or pesticides and without the need for reliance on declining fossils fuels....
    Please read the full article here:
    https://ecominded.net/russian-family-homesteads

Last edited by CoCreator; 28th March 2019 at 12:56.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CoCreator For This Post:

avid (18th January 2019), Bubu (21st February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (18th January 2019), EFO (19th January 2019), enigma3 (19th January 2019), Flash (19th January 2019), Lefty Dave (18th January 2019), meeradas (18th January 2019), Mitm (21st February 2019), Tintin (18th January 2019), Words of Joy (18th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 times in 287 posts

Default Re: Alternative self-sufficient living in Russia

Beautiful song (Lake-country) in the video of the creation of the pond. @CoCreator, do you know whether there is more music online from Ozyorniy Krai?

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,634 times in 618 posts

@CoCreator

Do they allow to practice Natural Farming or Permaculture?

I studied Permaculture but due to consensus of farmers and heavy regulations of local government makes near impossible to practice it. According to my research, 1,320 square meter is enough size for four or five people. 1 hectare is seven times bigger land.

I personally think biofuel is the future of decentralized energy system, where small community produces fuel for transportation and machines. Battery powered electric cars are rubbish!
    Last edited by Hughe; 18th January 2019 at 13:46.
    For free society!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Bubu (21st February 2019), EFO (19th January 2019), Flash (19th January 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Greetings CoCreator, What is the current situation in Russia in regards to the Ancestral lands law? I see Putin had his speech today, Was any mention made about the recognition of the Ancestral Lands? We here in the west dont get real news about Russia, and what is happening, other than what Vladimir or his Grand-daughter Nina post on Social Media, twitter, facebook

Blessings to your thoughts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitm For This Post:

happyuk (21st February 2019)

8. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,074 times in 2,144 posts

Link broken found this http://motherlandproject.wixsite.com/international

"In the Russian Duma on May 2, 2016 President Putin signed an Act of parliament that gifts 1 hectare of land (2.47 acres) to every Russian family. This had been predicted by the Siberian mystic and recluse, Anastasia. She also predicted that every country in the world would be gifted free land to every family by their governments. Anastasia's words to humanity: "Take back your Motherland"."

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hughe (here)
    @CoCreator

Do they allow to practice Natural Farming or Permaculture?

I studied Permaculture but due to consensus of farmers and heavy regulations of local government makes near impossible to practice it. According to my research, 1,320 square meter is enough size for four or five people. 1 hectare is seven times bigger land.

I personally think biofuel is the future of decentralized energy system, where small community produces fuel for transportation and machines. Battery powered electric cars are rubbish!
    Hey Hughe 1,230 square meter is just enough to exist how about living. A swimming pool, basketball court etc. But... show me please I will be thankful to learn from you

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

"This is Anastasia's solution for the whole world - a plan not only for Man, but for every living creature, all the animals, insects, micro-organisms, and for our forests, our air, our seas, lakes and rivers"

oh well. this is some starchilds gift to the world.
    Our government had a land reform program.

"The agrarian reform is part of the long history of attempts of land reform in the Philippines.[3] The law was outlined by former President Corazon C. Aquino through Presidential Proclamation 131 and Executive Order 229 on June 22, 1987"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_r...he_Philippines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compre...Reform_Program.

http://www.dar.gov.ph/ra-6657-what-i...reform-program

If I remember correctly our government gave 3 hectares not just 1 to each farmers family. But the farmers arent trained to do the productive natural farming and they barely can survive on 3 hectares. add to that the desire to send children to school. Its a fiasco.
    Last edited by Bubu; 21st February 2019 at 07:40.

+ Reply to Thread