Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Sleeping/ a real problem

1. Link to Post #41
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: Sleeping/ a real problem

Quote Posted by snoman (here)
    Until the 17th century it was quite a common practice to sleep in two sittings.. four hours at dusk followed by a couple of hours awake doing things,
    then another four hour sleep. Roger Ekrich in ' At Day’s Close' researched diaries, court records, anthropology, and literature to discover this.
    During the waking period people would read, pray, have sex, and even visit neighbours. A 16th-century doctor’s manual actually recommended that this
    was the best time of the day to conceive.

Smile.
    sometime ago I decided to follow my senses. Eat when hungry rest when tired. surprisingly what you describe is what I have now. regardless of how much sleep I get I almost always get it in two settings

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Constance (24th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (24th January 2019), thepainterdoug (25th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

hey, did you ever hear of the power of natural salt? It could help you sleep better.

Take a warm shower befor you go sleep. Clean your body with sea salt while you take your shower. Sea salt or stone salt..both is fine to use. It only works with natural salt. It flushes away bad energies you catched at day time. Always thank grandmother water for the cleaning help.

When you go sleep, pour some sea salt into a glas and fill it up with warm water. Put the glass on your night table or some other spot close to your bed. It will clean the room athmospere from negative energy. This is especially a great help if you travel and sleep at a hotel or some other place you are not used to and don*t know who stayed in the room before.

I did hear this some time ago and was sceptical too. But I did try it out ...and it did help me. I have a sleeping apnoe...and was very surprised to find out...this really works for me. Maybe this could be a help for some other people around here too.
    Natural salt has magic power!!! Check it out... and let me know later on if it did work for you too.....thanks...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Agape (25th January 2019), Charles Harris (24th January 2019), conk (24th January 2019), Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2019), Franny (25th January 2019), Olam (24th January 2019), petra (25th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (24th January 2019), Swan (24th January 2019), thepainterdoug (25th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Interesting article - 12 plants for your bedroom to help you sleep better ...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/12-pla...a_2773782.html

Hope it helps
    Last edited by scotslad; 24th January 2019 at 21:27. Reason: corrected link

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2019), Franny (25th January 2019), Olam (24th January 2019), Seabreeze (24th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (25th January 2019), thepainterdoug (25th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Thanks all/ ... did people need do this , did our parents struggle to sleep and need to do these things in the early days?
    Nope, our parents, did not need to do this because did not struggle to sleep.
    In the early days EMF was minimal. Today we swim 24/7 in a high density EMF. Chemtrails make it worse and more insideous.
    2) in the early days people used to live at ground level and often walked barefoot in contact with the ground ie were grounded in contact with earth magnetic field. Today people live in cattle parks, high rises made up of aluminum frame and glass, totally disconected from the earth and bombarded with even more EMF.

A few hundred years ago the earth magnetic field was estimated at around 2-3 gauss, today it is less than 1 gauss.
    Last week I saw a sign by the city hailing the benefits of LED, signaling their intention to replace all city lights with LED. LED emits harmful EMFs and a sleep disrupter.

Insomnia means low melatonin production by the pineal gland. One way to raise melatonin is with magnets directed at the pineal gland. Melatonin tablets didn't work for me.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

onawah (27th January 2019), Seabreeze (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (25th January 2019), thepainterdoug (25th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Doug, you are not alone. Last night I did clock checking. That’s where you wake up every hour on the hour and say, omg I’ve only got 4 hours left to sleep. Then you look at the clock and say, omg I’ve only 3 hours left. Then 2, then 1 and finally you get up and say, I might as well just get up, I’m not sleeping.

Anyone ever do that?
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Bubu (25th January 2019), Franny (25th January 2019), Olam (25th January 2019), Seabreeze (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (25th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019), wondering (25th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Interesting article - 12 plants for your bedroom to help you sleep better ...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/12-pla...a_2773782.html

Hope it helps
    Hmm? always thought plants in the bedroom not a good idea, they take in air at night?
    Plus
    Make sure they are not poisonous to your cats if you have any 0.o
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Seabreeze (27th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019), wondering (25th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,210 times in 911 posts

Mandala, Many times! It finally becomes just a relief to get up and do it!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (25th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,337 times in 4,610 posts

Hello @Dough, start walking I suggest. Start with two hour walks and keep extending them as soon as your body gets used to the idea of healthy fatigue.
    Walk through the landscape that keeps changing ,walk through different environments , don’t talk to people, don’t get absorbed in details or too much thought, keep walking till you can and make sure you’re able to get back safely.

Working from one place/chair/office can get strenuous on Mind but body gets very little workout -much below average for most civilised people.
    So many people try to compensate this by various intense and sometimes exotic disciplines, going to expensive gyms or attending hatha yoga classes and some do extra few push ups every evening and call it a workout

Exotic forms of exercise no matter how intense have their limits set low. It means you can’t ever reach your total limits or get over them and thus,
    your body always stores more energy than it spends.

In that condition we eat and feel hungry but it’s not “real hunger”. We feel fatigued but it’s not “real fatigue”. The state gets chronic for most civilised people and difficult to change unless you can change environments and life style.

The healthiest component we function with are water and oxygen. If people claim to be breatharians they have to be able to get extra exercise and so also oxygen everyday otherwise they’d get stuck,metabolically.

For people who can’t walk in fresh air, swimming for couple of hours can do the same job.

It’s interesting to observe ones natural limits and crossing them, each time, little by little. It’s also interesting to observe that neither body or mind need lots of extra calories for healthy couple hours walk and swim because there’s so much extras that’s been stored in them previously.

If you can do any of this you’ll see the healthy mechanism kicks back in and sooner or later you’ll return to where you’ve been as child.
    Children use their physical energy lots more compared to adults so they also sleep well, usually.

In the Himalayas you can see 90 years olds walking their sheep or goats up and down the slopes everyday, chopping wood, fetching water, doing their prayers ..
    sleeping well and being quite self sufficient.

There’s so much the Mind can only process in open space and fresh Air too.

Well, hope this was not my last advise to human kind but it’s a good one.

🙏🌸🙏🕊🕊🕊

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Alekahn2 (2nd July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (25th January 2019), leavesoftrees (26th January 2019), Ol' Roy (25th January 2019), Olam (25th January 2019), onawah (27th January 2019), Seabreeze (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019), Swan (25th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #49
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Mandala (here)
    Doug, you are not alone. Last night I did clock checking. That’s where you wake up every hour on the hour and say, omg I’ve only got 4 hours left to sleep. Then you look at the clock and say, omg I’ve only 3 hours left. Then 2, then 1 and finally you get up and say, I might as well just get up, I’m not sleeping.

Anyone ever do that?
    Yes been there done that, until I finally stop caring about 8 hour sleep. Like for example today I sleep at around 10 pm wake up at around 1200 (next day already) I will go to bed around 3 or 4 am or until I am sleepy then wake up 5 to 7 am and feel completely recharge. Found out that forcing myself to an 8 hour sleep a day makes me lethargic during the day simply because I believe that I am weak because I did not have enough sleep. Its in the head.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Seabreeze (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #50
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

The only method that works for me is to purposely get little sleep two or three days in a row. The next night I will sleep like a baby. I am so against this slave wage system and its grueling 40 hour minimum work week that I am resentful to the core for ever having come to this planet. If I am not working I am fine so I know there is no fix for me - unless the entire world finally comes to its senses.

Then the other side of me whispers of true purpose, true identity, real life. Then I remember why I came. Before I can help others break this mind trap, I have to break it myself.

In fact, what you are can never be fatigued. And the body only responds to your perception and belief.

The body does as the mind decrees. It's part of the mind trap.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DeDukshyn (26th January 2019), Seabreeze (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    The only method that works for me is to purposely get little sleep two or three days in a row. The next night I will sleep like a baby. I am so against this slave wage system and its grueling 40 hour minimum work week that I am resentful to the core for ever having come to this planet. If I am not working I am fine so I know there is no fix for me - unless the entire world finally comes to its senses.

Then the other side of me whispers of true purpose, true identity, real life. Then I remember why I came. Before I can help others break this mind trap, I have to break it myself.

In fact, what you are can never be fatigued. And the body only responds to your perception and belief.

The body does as the mind decrees. It's part of the mind trap.
    I think this sentiment applies almost universally, it is the degree in which it has your attention. Its an unfortunate situation for many. I remember he predictions back in the 80s of how computers, robotics (and later internet) will revolutionize existence, people will be able to work a 3 day workweek of 5 hours per day, everyone will be richer -- these grand new technologies are the path to utopia!!

Ok I'm just ranting now ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #52
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

What we didn't understand then, and most refuse to believe now, is that they must have us working long hours so they can steal our labour from us and give it to the unproductive ones coming up through the universities. Only wealth builders are productive, that's the ones that get dirty for a living handling the tangible realities of our society, creating wealth that is then stolen by the upper classes, leaving the worker with little bits of paper and blips on a screen - that they control the issue and display of.

Other than the true worker there is only the ethical chicanery that allows for the creation of a new class of worker: the value-added worker - another word for theft.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019), thepainterdoug (27th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #53
    England Avalon Member markenty13's Avatar
    Thanks

If i struggle to get some needed sleep i always reach out to ASMR. Its so relaxing when you find the technique you like

If you are not familiar with ASMR, heres a summary -

a feeling of well-being combined with a tingling sensation in the scalp and down the back of the neck, as experienced by some people in response to a specific gentle stimulus, often a particular sound.
    "ASMR is triggered by things like whispering voices, paper tearing, and scalp massage"

Here are some of my favourite ASMR artists -

Latte ASMR - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQe...9bNMAcCJCBvzQQ

Michael Kimball - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEc...ZuGcxwVt7yLZyQ

Massage ASMR - https://www.youtube.com/user/MassageASMR

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markenty13 For This Post:

Seabreeze (27th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Smile Re: Sleeping/ a real problem

....ups...sorry ..double post..deleted...
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 28th January 2019 at 00:05.

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

What we didn't understand then, and most refuse to believe now, is that they must have us working long hours so they can steal our labour from us and give it to the unproductive ones coming up through the universities. Only wealth builders are productive, that's the ones that get dirty for a living handling the tangible realities of our society, creating wealth that is then stolen by the upper classes, leaving the worker with little bits of paper and blips on a screen - that they control the issue and display of.

Other than the true worker there is only the ethical chicanery that allows for the creation of a new class of worker: the value-added worker - another word for theft.
    I sooooo sooooo disagree with you here.

This is, in my view, the speech of a frustrated worker (justifiably sometimes) against a class of people who just went to school to do something else.

What would be your health status if you were still submitted to microbes and lack of hygiene? This is doctors who studied the microbes and found the most efficient hygienic rules, so that we are all living past 45 years old.

It is trained engineers who can go on constructing solid huge bridges, or sending stuff in space, who finally allows you nowadays to communicate on this forum.

Pencil pushers are useful sometimes you know.

I think you mix the 1% extra wealthy ones, a wealth we cannot even imagine, with university schooled people who are often working 60 hours a week to manage the industries that hire you or to create new stuff stolen by the Chinese (kidding here, almost).

Also, to criticize a whole group of pretty much less paid university trained people than electrician are (yes, you are on average better paid than most university trained people, at least in Canada) is not very realistic.

Plus, have you any idea of the depth of knowledge and the real difficulties one encounters when studying for a Master or a PhD?

I am refraining from saying more, because on average, I truly like your posts and I like reading you, but here, really - go a bit deeper please.

---------------

As for sleep problems, one thing for sure: get rid of the narcissists in your life and you will start sleeping much better. These people put you on edge all day long, you stop relaxing altogether when living with them.

Talking here through experience, no judgment at all. It takes years to solve these problems (sleep and narcissists) in one's life. It also takes years to recuperate from the experience afterwards.
    Last edited by Flash; 27th January 2019 at 23:46.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Forest Denizen (28th January 2019), Olam (28th January 2019), Seabreeze (28th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (28th January 2019)

30. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Never did hear of this ASMR before. But it sound interesting. I will check it out.

I sometimes like to have the fan run all night, because the movement of the air and the steady sound makes me sleep more deep. And it keeps other night noises, like barking dogs, loud car engine, people talking or passing by...more away from my ear.

Just had to think of another possibility to relax and clear your mind to get a good night sleep. You can listen and watch one of those beautiful videos, nature music videos which often have a very amazing effect towards me, if watched and listend before I go sleep. There are all diffrent kind in the net. Some are only with nature sound..like a waterfall, ocean waves or winds blowing through the trees, bird singing aso. - others are mixed with nature sounds and meditation music like this one for example :

which is with music in the 432 hz healing frequencie.... This is only a 2 hr. video, but there are way longer once in the net 8 - 10 hrs. ones....

I just love those kind relaxing videos and sounds.....it is so beautiful.

Here is a list of sleep music videos -
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...e+sound+432+hz....Check it out.

And then I remember, before I found those in the net, I use to listen to one sleep CD...which really works to fall into sleep, even if you are not tired at the moment. But I am not sure if it is very healthy to manipulate your brain like this.....

Just in case you want to know : It was this here, if I remember right ...

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/node/1067

but like I said before, I am not sure if this is a healthy way in the long run. The Monroe Institut works with certain sounds to trigger the brain and as far as I know with subliminals also.....

And me, I prefer a more natural way to get a good night sleep by now.
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 28th January 2019 at 03:01.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Flash (28th January 2019)

32. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Actually, there's plenty enough wealth and technology for almost everyone to live a utopia life on earth (worlds current wealth redistributed - everyone on earth gets over 10 million). What most people don't understand is that there are no systems that restrain the greed of those with means to exercise that level of insatiable greed and those who exercise that also have a large level of control to keep it this way.

The distance between the super rich and the working classes has become massive in the last 50 years -- these new ways of doing things and new technologies that were promised to make the working classes be able to work less and spend more (what we currently would consider "healthy" economic growth and "healthy" inflation) have only worked to make the rich, who own these corporations that had the most to gain from these technologies, get richer, while the working class gets poorer, and continues to get more poor each day. The improvements to technologies, business, and manufacturing have been the vehicle to allow this redistribution of wealth to occur, on the deceitful promises that they will be good for everyone, and "good for the economy".

No social policies of any sort caused this occur - that is an illusion planted into the minds of many - in fact any social policies that have been applied, didn't do a damn thing or the graph below would look different -- pause and think about it ... if what you say was true, the point that made me write me initial argument wouldn't even exist ... but it does exist, and that graph below is reflecting reality.

Whatever amount of riches you think is flowing from the middle class to the poor due to social programs is not really happening the way you think, or that graph wouldn't look that way. The money is moving up due to unrestrained capitalism and large corporations and banks who's only goal is to suck as much wealth out of its consumers and middle class, and who has been succeeding at that extremely well.

Social policies have been put into place or beefed up in an effort to try to combat this, but it is obviously not nearly enough to have any real effect. "Socialism" has been made the scapegoat for what is almost entirely capitalist created problem, and it is always the first thing shouted out first, by the people who make their wealth due to the systems that have continued to allow the rich to get richer and the poor poorer - as they need to defend their structure and they need the support of their "supporters" to ensure that this system isn't tampered with.

Considering that in the broad scheme of things, north America is a wholly capitalist society - the whole notion of blaming socialist policy for this state we are in is frankly entirely ridiculous, but it makes a great scapegoat to those who need to keep the current structure to further the imbalance. It's their supporters that parrot the blame on social policy, its just another way that people are controlled by the political machine and they have no idea they are just a pawn being used to help the rich achieve their goals - they don't care about you or anyone else in the working class. They care about their money and power, and how they can manipulate and control those that can help to bring it to them, and to manipulate those who would defend the systems that created the current situation.

Edit: we're waaay off topic, I suggest that if we end up continuing this conversation maybe the mods can break this part out.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 28th January 2019 at 23:43.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3