+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellier

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 times in 516 posts

Default Hellier

Hellier is an independently-funded documentary series, spanning five hour-long episodes that make up a single first season story arc.​
    In 2012, Greg Newkirk received an email from a man calling himself David Christie, who claimed that he and his family were being terrorized by unearthly creatures by night. After exchanging emails, David disappeared. For the next five years, the case only got stranger, as more connections and mysterious emails came in. 
    In 2016, Following three weeks of synchronicities spawned by a podcast episode about Greg's Kentucky Goblins story, Karl Pfeiffer went into pre-production on Hellier, hoping to follow up on the cliffhanger of the initial story. After pulling together a team and all the "pro-sumer" camera equipment he had available, the team traveled to rural Kentucky, not knowing what they would uncover, or how deep they would discover the case might go.
    Here we are, a year after the initial expedition. Hundreds of hours went into the post-production process, and we're finally ready to unveil the months of hard work and dedication to you, at no charge: 
    Here, we have the formal first expedition to Hellier, Kentucky, and the full story of the strangeness that changed our lives.

All free to watch.

https://www.hellier.tv/

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), angelfire (25th January 2019), AriG (6th February 2019), boja (26th January 2019), CurEus (27th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (7th February 2019), Fellow Aspirant (26th January 2019), Flash (26th January 2019), Indigris (26th January 2019), justntime2learn (25th January 2019), Ken (29th January 2019), Mercedes (25th January 2019), Nasu (25th January 2019), Richard S. (26th January 2019), Sadieblue (26th January 2019), Star Tsar (6th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (25th January 2019), Teknishun (25th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019), Wansen (26th January 2019), wondering (25th January 2019), Zanshin (25th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,425 times in 3,185 posts

Default Re: Hellier

Impressive looking being/face.
    Thanks for the link will watch later.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Did You See Them (29th January 2019), Mercedes (25th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Well I've watched the first two episodes and although slow to start is getting interesting.
    Well put together and informative.
    I'd have thought this was right up the Avalon street - but seems to be few takers.

I'd like to hear what others think ?
    The "goblin" description is todays alien.

Here it is on a plate below ...
    Last edited by Did You See Them; 29th January 2019 at 09:12.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), AriG (6th February 2019), conk (8th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (7th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (7th February 2019), Kryztian (30th January 2019), Star Tsar (6th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Cattibrie's Avatar
    Thanks

I really enjoyed the series. It sent me down a rabbit hole on synchronicity that landed me here on Avalon. It was a case of high strangeness for sure.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cattibrie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), AriG (6th February 2019), conk (8th February 2019), Did You See Them (29th January 2019), Hazelfern (7th February 2019), Hym (29th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Hi Cattibrie,

Welcome to Avalon.

Enjoy the site - the rabbit hole continues to get much deeper here.
    Go and introduce yourself and again welcome to Avalon.
    DYST

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Cattibrie (29th January 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Yes . I Did See Them all . Was it five hundred episodes ?

I leant over backwards to be patient , tolerant and fair . I even carried on after nodding off , once near the end of the second episode , and again at the mid point of episode three .

They are an apparently very nice , sincere bunch of young adults . But you cannot wing five hours of tedium on the back of just being well presented and best intentioned .

Long winded , unbelievably verbose and pretentious , imo .

Go on . Mark them yourself , out of a ten score on just those three attributes . How much is three multiplied by ten ? Is it sixty ?

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

2 episodes in as I state.

Long winded/Verbose (same thing really ) yes, but sometimes "less is more" does not always cut it - so 6/10
    Pretentious - Yes - But they have managed to make a well cut, and interesting film about an incident of high strangeness that I had never heard of. 7/10

Most of what we get to see today elsewhere has been so well discussed and so many times that it's just a mish mash of the same and becomes "stayed" - at least this was new to me.

Plus it was Free and not on Gaia !!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), AriG (6th February 2019), Cattibrie (29th January 2019), Dennis Leahy (7th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (29th January 2019), toppy (12th February 2019)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Did You See Them;1272163
    Plus it was [B

Free[/B] and not on Gaia !!
    I am Free but I haven't received anything from you .
    Not even a Thanks for giving up part of my life for suck fall .

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ripple (here)
    Quote Posted by Did You See Them;1272163
    Plus it was [B

Free[/B] and not on Gaia !!
    I am Free but I haven't received anything from you .
    Not even a Thanks for giving up part of my life for suck fall .
    Thanks for taking the time out to watch all five episodes of a series that you obviously did not like. I personally would have done something else if I was not enjoying what i was doing.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Hazelfern (7th February 2019), petra (13th February 2019), RunningDeer (8th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (30th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    . I personally would have done something else if I was not enjoying what i was doing.

If I had done that , something might have cropped up near the end and made up for the tedium . And I could have been picked up for missing key points of explanation. Instead I listened to fifth rate thoughts about the nature of synchronicity.

Jung turned over in his grave .

And where was that face -- see your OP ? That was Fake Goblin News .

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Not sure what you mean by that ?
    Fake goblin face ?
    It's the image used on their site and in the intro for the series.

Anyway don't shoot the messenger - I only shared something that I thought would be of interest here.
    Still need to watch the remaing three episodes myself - so will offer more thoughts on the whole series when I can.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

conk (8th February 2019), Hazelfern (7th February 2019), ripple (30th January 2019)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)

Not sure what you mean by that ?
    Fake goblin face ?
    It's the image used on their site and in the intro for the series.

Anyway don't shoot the messenger - I only shared something that I thought would be of interest here.
    Still need to watch the remaing three episodes myself - so will offer more thoughts on the whole series when I can.
    I wouldn't shoot a Messenger . We need as many as possible and thanks for your effort . But the search for quality remains paramount . Obviously .
    Spoiler -- skip 3 and 4 and go to the last part of 5 .Nothing happens before but that's where I think the pretentiousness peaks and you hear the theory that nothing proves something and how synchronicity ------ . It's not good ! .

Search out our treasure OAP Linda Moulton Howe and her cat Fluffy as she gives her first Antarctica episode using ex Seal , Sultan1 , as her source .Don't bother with the Q&A section as it adds nothing and just repeats answers for listeners whose ears weren't open first time . Linda is slowing and getting more repetitious but she is faster than the Hell bunch . imho

P.S. I expected them to meet with that Goblin face , perhaps with it chasing them out of the cave , gibbering and squealing . I wuz robbed .
    Last edited by ripple; 30th January 2019 at 12:59.

23. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,515 times in 870 posts

Just heard about this on the local msm morning show (needing a decent weather guess my reason for being there)

Going to give it a try!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Did You See Them (7th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am really liking Hellier. Maybe it’s because it’s in my neck, but its pretty well done- and keep in mind that this area is on the 37th parallel.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), Did You See Them (7th February 2019)

27. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ok, this is a little tedious. The film makers are taking us on their journey with them versus a super slick editing job that provides the viewer with 21st century fast food instant gratification. And that’s what it would be like isn’t it? In order to present the “money shot” one would have to wade through hours/days:weeks of research. And we should respect that. So I am patiently sojourning with them with the hope of disclosure or discovery. Watching paint dry. Hope it’s a good “finish”!

Edit to add:

The film makers are self professed ghost hunters and that is sort of how they are approaching this event. Who is to say that the “monsters/goblins/ aliens are operating on the same frequency as the deceased? Could be a totally different wavelength.
    Last edited by AriG; 7th February 2019 at 03:13.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (7th February 2019), DeDukshyn (8th February 2019), Did You See Them (7th February 2019)

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    Ok, this is a little tedious. The film makers are taking us on their journey with them versus a super slick editing job that provides the viewer with 21st century fast food instant gratification. And that’s what it would be like isn’t it?
    I heard about this documentary elsewhere and was interested because it's also in my "neck of the woods," though I'm across the invisible, forested border from you. From everything posted here, maybe just getting the cliff notes or a short video of highlights would be a better investment of time.

Someone should see what the hell the UN is doing around Mammoth Cave, if it's true that UN security personnel are the ones keeping a lock on the place. I'm sure they would do so with state employees as well, and it just so happens that one of the Park Rangers in that area was the ranger calling for the Covington Catholic kid to be beheaded. What a coincidence that is. The combination of deep caverns and Satanic globalists is plenty to fuel the imagination already.

There are also a lot of Adena/Hopewell mounds in Kentucky and probably many that are yet undiscovered/unexplored. With any luck, the Smithsonian will be gutted and overhauled and we may finally get some truth out of the remains coming out of those mounds.

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,376 times in 6,822 posts

I watched the first two episodes ... so far.

It's entertainment as much as anything. It was designed to be entertaining more than informative. Its a story about the people creating the series as much as it is a story about the phenomenon. It appears to have been almost entirely shot "after the fact" based on a supposed story of their experiences - little of it actually seems shot live or "on location".

The editing is very well done but it was edited for maximum entertainment value - something like what you would watch as a series on a regular cable channel -- in a sense that is a compliment, but also in a sense that makes it just like every other mystery TV series.

I'll probably finish the series, but for me its something I can sit down on the couch for an hour with a beer and be entertained. It's interesting for sure, but not nearly as "documentary-ish" as I imagined.

6.5/10 on the first two episodes - won't give paranormal researchers major new content to suddenly analyze with or anything like that, but very interesting and entertaining.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AriG (7th February 2019)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,376 times in 6,822 posts

Watched them all ... I sort of felt the whole story fell apart by the end, I was about to upgrade my score to 7, but after all episodes, I'll keep the 6.5.

You might like it if:

You like Ghost Hunters and similar shows.
    Have some time to kill for a "reality tv-docu-style" adventure of paranormal genre.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,976 times in 10,623 posts

Here is an recent interview with actors in the series Dana & Greg Newkirk

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

+ Reply to Thread