+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If not already, is the world going incrementally insane by the hour ?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,267 times in 3,170 posts

Default Re: If not already, is the world going incrementally insane by the hour ?

BuBu/ well I have noticed, and been noticing for a long time. but the slices are getting thinner, more refined, more absurd.

at wost, my showing her how to use the lock was being polite, considerate and helpful. at best, quite simply ,a gentleman.

should I open a door for a women, am I now going to hear, " I know how to open a door! "

fck that and this. Im not backing down. Im calling it as it is.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

AriG (2nd February 2019), ErtheVessel (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), Hym (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Default Re: If not already, is the world going incrementally insane by the hour ?

Running dear. I live for the beauty of dreaming. And pray for my lucid dreams when they come. Perhaps its most valuable of all times.

thanks

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

AriG (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), Jean-Marie (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), Spellbound (2nd February 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

painter... I burst out laughing at your OP. I think it could double as an awesome treatment for the first episode of a new sitcom. Made me think there's a great opportunity to highlight these generational differences.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

I attempted, quite a few years ago, to expose a nefarious agenda to separate humankind from its soul- it’s now here and it’s ugly and dangerous. Best advice? Stay as far away from city centers as you can. It’s so sad, but it appears to have begun. I frequently have to drive Interstate 75, and I can assure you that the experience makes ‘Mad Max’ look like Romper Room.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Caliban (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

waves/ please fill me in on more. love i caused laughter.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    BuBu/ well I have noticed, and been noticing for a long time. .
    "If not already, is the world going incrementally insane by the hour ?"

I thought you were asking

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Franny (3rd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

The level of mental/emotional noise in the world is unprecedented at the time, because of technology. For example, you have already transmitted the energy of your small tantrum to hundreds (thousands?) of people that have read this thread (no offense). Before the internet, only a handful of people would have felt it. However the state of humanity is better than ever in every single way compared to all known history. Because the same applies for Love, compassion, empathy. It's probably the first time in human history that we have spiritual access to such beautiful states of consciousness, collectively. The question is where do you put your attention.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Franny (3rd February 2019), greybeard (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019), what is a name? (4th February 2019), wnlight (2nd February 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

" I know how to open a door! " I heard that thirty years ago, but I still will open a door for a woman. Hate is in the air and the airwaves. I visited a friend a few weeks ago who had the TV on while we were talking - tuned to CNN. I could feel the HATE flowing out of that TV broadcast like magma from a volcano, and I asked my friend if he can get ESPN2 - just so I could get him off of CNN. I suspect that most of the media is spewing hatred out to the populace and causing much of the insanity. This might be planned by TPTB. I don't watch it. Even the so-called comedy shows beam their canned laughter after one cast member insults or demeans another cast member. That is comedy today.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

ErtheVessel (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), Inaiá (3rd February 2019), Jean-Marie (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), Phoenix1304 (2nd February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), Savannah (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

ZEN Baller/ The question is where do you put your attention.

yes true. the seemingly small event with the door lock, was something I didn't put any attention to at all. in fact, i didn't know it could even be in the ballpark of infractions and complaints . it was only a week later when i received an e mail telling me how offensive it was. now its got me thinking , if when on the subway, should i offer a seat to a young woman, will it do the same? or hold a door? I do this for men woman and child. How silly it all is. what really got me is she said it was one of the things she had to air out with her boyfriend. Im sure glad I'm not him .

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

ErtheVessel (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), greybeard (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 times in 912 posts

thepainterdoug, Something that comes to my mind that I think really applies in this situation, as in a recent thread, is that it’s not about you, it’s never about you. To feel that and know it is helpful to me when someone really reacts to something that I did, and I think, wow! where did that come from? After many years of working on this type of thing, I get what seems to be the truth, for me, that in this case, it really is not about me. If it was something I did or said, that’s another issue.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Constance (2nd February 2019), ErtheVessel (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), Savannah (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Hi thepainterdoug, I hear you.

I've noticed over the last year that more and more people seem to be loosing the ability to have common self preservation, especially on the roads o.0.

Plus more and more people don't seem to have common descent manners.
    They just push in and don't give way, they rush past you just to sit in front of you up the next cars exhaust pipe.

This may be a localized problem (Some radiation in my area, 10 mile radius) or just the fact I live in South London

Just seems like every one (generalisation there, some are still considerate) are out for them selves and won't give you an inch!

I give way to people all the time, and git dumbfounded, stunned reactions, they look almost worried that it is a trick of some sort.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bubu (2nd February 2019), ErtheVessel (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), Inaiá (3rd February 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (27th April 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Hi thepainterdoug, I hear you.

I've noticed over the last year that more and more people seem to be loosing the ability to have common self preservation, especially on the roads o.0.

Plus more and more people don't seem to have common descent manners.
    They just push in and don't give way, they rush past you just to sit in front of you up the next cars exhaust pipe.

This may be a localized problem (Some radiation in my area, 10 mile radius) or just the fact I live in South London

Just seems like every one (generalisation there, some are still considerate) are out for them selves and won't give you an inch!

I give way to people all the time, and git dumbfounded, stunned reactions, they look almost worried that it is a trick of some sort.
    I've been to many countries, compared to traffic in the Philippines I'll say most countries especially in Europe has mild traffic, except Bombay India. I normally gave way to other drivers when necessary example when a driver is trying to cross the road and the traffic on my side is slow. I normally get a short beep from the other driver as a way of saying thanks. Its a growing trend in my place, and people seems to find relief that someone in the middle of the rat has the time to be calm, helpful and friendly. Frankly I am surprise to know that some of you who are well off than us seems to complain more. I'm with Zenballer on this.

Why cant we be more helpful and inspire others instead of complaining? The world is f**** up people complain all the time and we knew it. Shall we join them?
    Last edited by Bubu; 2nd February 2019 at 16:55.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Franny (3rd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

This seems to be general state of affairs in all North American cities and surrly in most large European ones as well My take is that there are 3-4 causes into all these cities.

1: the higher and higher levels of stress on all people due to many causes.

2. The ways generation y and gen. Z have ben raised as being the marvelous extraordinary kids. They were always right as children and never corrected. They are spoiled and cannot accept they can be wrong and adapt to change. Their nervous system has not grown to take challenges, in fact the are weak and often narcissists or highly depressed.

Plus, they were vaccinated to the max, ruining their system and polluted with pesticides and preservatives. Endocrine and immune system gone.

We add to this the cell and tablets and social media, that further ruins their brain.

And lots have been raised without fathers.

What is left other than being spoiled in all meanings narcissistic brats.

3. Most cities are a soup of mixed cultural values that clashes with each other. No more common culture. In Montreal, most places, I do not feel at home anymore, I feel like I am somewhere else. Having lived elsewhere, in other countries, I know plain well that some cultures are destructive for the make up of others. No more common values.

4. We are imposed to be politically correct. We cannot ever mention what I just did here, without a barrage of insults and reproaches , reject and sometimes jail (depending on which people you talk against or how widespread your talk has been. Ex: David Icke in Canada, or Jordan Peterson.
    Last edited by Flash; 2nd February 2019 at 19:37.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bubu (2nd February 2019), ErtheVessel (2nd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), greybeard (2nd February 2019), Orph (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), Sunny-side-up (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

3. Most cities are a soup of mixed cultural values that clashes with each other. No more common culture.
    '
    we need a common respect not "common culture". And I have to tell you in the middle of chaos you missed number 4

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Franny (3rd February 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Flash you raise many a good point. i feel we have too much, were spoiled, and so we need invent more problems , take up more issues even down to the nuance.

if we were in dire conditions, without food water, etc do you think anyone would take up issue if you did any of these minor things? Ever see the movie, The Road? Were spoiled , and the young today are encouraged since a child to be great be a winner, be the best, and conquer all. but this is not how a healthy society works.

BuBu/ one needs to identify and site a problem, an issue before it can be rectified and course corrected. the minor incident that appears Im complaining about , contributed to my loosing this person in a working relationship. this was costly to me. Letting things slide is not an answer for me, That being said, my main energies go to making a better world on an everyday basis .

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Flash (3rd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), greybeard (2nd February 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd February 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

"When people express anger its never for the reason they think they are angry"
    Thats a quote from ACIM--basically it might be the last straw but its a result of past frustration.
    Its the domino effect--tip one and all the others are added in subconsciously.

The people mentioned in the first post---its a bit like "we are the in crowd" on the spiritual journey and superior to all others, ha ha -- a few drinks and that's out the window, all spiritual (assumed) qualities forgotten.
    Frustration is part of life and can be safely expressed.
    In this duality frustration is there to define its opposite
    Disregard for others defines compassion and so on.
    You cant have one without the other---but--once know and experienced you have choice.
    I can, most times, let others be without a reaction--without wanting to change them--tey are as they are.
    Peace reigns.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 2nd February 2019 at 17:53. Reason: dyslecic correction
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Franny (3rd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2019), what is a name? (4th February 2019)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,364 times in 4,613 posts

I think you’re only correct in your observation and enthropy -chaos- of the world does increase by the hour. So does uncontrollable movement of everything within the system, people, energy, thoughts, information, just about everything observable and invisible as if all the rivers of human destinies reached common delta.
    So many cultures, languages and fates have merged that never met each other or for millions of years that are now bouncing of each other and revolting against their own uniqueness submerged and lost like boats who lost their captains in the greater sea of Life.
    We are almost there ..witnessing this prelude and mirage of possible human apocalypse that we brought upon ourselves. We lost so much for the hope in greater humanity. For that faint glimmer of faith in Unity so immaterial that it turned all the rest of our safeties to chaos .

Let’s blame it on terrorists I’m completely certain I’d have chosen peaceful and orderly life ..

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Franny (3rd February 2019), greybeard (2nd February 2019), Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (2nd February 2019), thepainterdoug (3rd February 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 times in 144 posts

It's been my own personal experience when I feel angry, out-of-sorts, depressed or lethargic it can usually be traced to higher levels of cosmic radiation coming in from the sun. I'll check space weather and sure enough there will be upticks or spikes in incoming energy.

The earth' shields are thinning and patchy in place and we are being exposed to more and more bursts of radiation. We have magnetic receptors in our bodies like most other creatures in the animal world that are responding to these bursts.

Jut my two cents worth...

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TEOTWAIKI For This Post:

Constance (3rd February 2019), Franny (3rd February 2019), Pam (9th February 2019), RunningDeer (3rd February 2019), thepainterdoug (3rd February 2019), what is a name? (4th February 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)

3. Most cities are a soup of mixed cultural values that clashes with each other. No more common culture.
    '
    we need a common respect not "common culture". And I have to tell you in the middle of chaos you missed number 4
    Je ne comprend pas tes commentaires, ou bien tu n’as pas compris les miens?

I do not understand your comments -in a litteral way. Or you have not understoid mine?? But something is not understood here
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Pam (9th February 2019), RunningDeer (3rd February 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Hello Friends,

You have pointed to a very real issues that cause the "craziness" in our world (social media, msm, stress, all different kinds of pollution that is affecting us, many different cultures in one place, "doom-prophecies", etc.)

If I may, I would point to something else as well. If we are to believe in what's been said in many channelled materials and many spiritual works, we have reached the end of our spiritual cycle. The time to finish this "class" and move to the next have come. I think that I can say that not more then 10% of people have done anything in that regard. As some have mentioned, the influx of new energies is definitely affecting us, and I'm sure it affects us greatly and differently, depending on our "spiritual level". If 90% of people have no spiritual side to their lives, I'm sure that this will effect them negatively.

To add a little bit of Jung here, he said that one of most important aspects of working on our self is the shadow work, to work with the deepest and darkest parts of ourselves. What if that is exactly what is happening, people have completely neglected their shadows, and their spiritual side, and with the end of the cycle and influx of new energies, the shadows are emerging all over the place. IIRC, our shadow will project our flaws on other people, so we are constantly mad at everyone and everything.

PS: thank you brother thepainterdoug for this thread, you gave me an idea for a new thread

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Pam (4th February 2019), RunningDeer (4th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast