+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REVIEW: "Hunt For The Skinwalker" - new 2018 Documentary

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Dark_Canyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up REVIEW: "Hunt For The Skinwalker" - new 2018 Documentary

"Hunt For The Skinwalker is a documentary about the most intensive scientific study of a UFO and paranormal hotspot in human history."

REVIEW:

1) Despite multiple boxes full of information displayed at the beginning of the film, too much time is spent on speculation and dramatic film techniques rather digging deeper into the stories and evidence.

2) The most interesting parts are stories recounted by the two researchers and George Knapp.

3) The anecdotal stories of the Gorman family are really compelling; I only wish the film explored more of them. Photos are shown of a perfect circle in ice, which is talked about in George's book, but never discussed here.

4) It's a good intro for newbies; I didn't find the filmmaker's style all that distracting, though many didn't seem to care for it. I do wish he had asked better questions, but that isn't his strong suit; he's too wrapped up in the bigger implications, rather than documenting the evidence.

Here's a two hour discussion from George Knapp at McMenamins UFO Festival:

And here's the film directed by Jeremy Corbell:

Last edited by Dark_Canyon; 4th February 2019 at 12:42.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Canyon For This Post:

avid (5th February 2019), Axman (4th February 2019), BMJ (4th February 2019), boja (4th February 2019), Chip (4th February 2019), CurEus (5th February 2019), Did You See Them (4th February 2019), DNA (5th February 2019), drneglector (4th February 2019), Flowerpunkchip (5th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (5th February 2019), Mike (5th February 2019), Richard S. (5th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (4th February 2019), thepainterdoug (5th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 times in 309 posts

Default Re: REVIEW: "Hunt For The Skinwalker" - new 2018 Documentary

Just watched it last night.

Was this the first time George Knapp's videos were seen?

The overall is a good effort, amateurish but still good. The parts with George Knapp's videos is really good.
    I would recommend it to anyone who is not familiar with this part of Utah, I wasn't...

Here's the torrent for it: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/248...P2.0.H.264-NTG

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

DNA (5th February 2019), Flowerpunkchip (5th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    France Avalon Member Flowerpunkchip's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 275 posts

Same here. I watched the movie/documentary last night which I found very interesting in parts. Some parts were slightly repetitive (especially if you already know all about the Skinwalker ranch).
    The testimonies in the film are fascinating but all the physical proof you get in the film are a few photos and the carnage of cattle mutilations (but that's my problem and it's not a criticism).
    6.8/10

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowerpunkchip For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (6th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 times in 784 posts

What are everyone's thoughts.....are these dimensional portals, earthcreatures.....? Some of the encounters do not seem to be entirely physical.
    Orbs, etc.....

I have watched several hours of dogman videos and there seems to be 3 types

1. Malevolent and aggressive "spirit" creatures: Skinwalkers
    2. Aggressive but entirely physical creatures : Dogman/Wolfman
    3. Some hybrid almost "experimental" military breeding program reject....

They seem to be arranged by "breeds" and vary in appearance.....
    and all seem terrifying !!!!
    Attachment 39869

In another series of interviews people were hidden/sheltered by Sasquatch when the dogmen were in an area and there have been accounts of Sasquatch and Dogmen viciously fighting one another.
    Sasquatch seem quite unpredictable.....but they can rip the head off a moose......so, not a fight I'd like to see!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (6th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread