+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: The last laugh

1. Link to Post #21
    UK Avalon Retired Member Eben Yblod's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The last laugh

Correct amigo . Dont take it too serious. Did not realise either, that there were so many under-grads out there .
    Let them eat cake .
    Question got zero response from the gods. Maybe they were consumed .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eben Yblod For This Post:

edina (7th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    UK Avalon Retired Member Eben Yblod's Avatar
    Thanks

1973 school yard . Memories of marbles and scuffed clarkes .
    Capital idea

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eben Yblod For This Post:

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,341 times in 1,374 posts

It's helpful to take the time to look at a person in whole, to gather context to the meaning of their words.

John Lear....

easy on the ear, and draws you in like a magnet...

Last edited by edina; 7th February 2019 at 20:49.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to edina For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by ripple (here)
    Once I was contacted by an elderly member here who hoped he was not a Grammar Nazi ( his term) , but could not understand why I allowed a space after each comma and period , as he quaintly called what we term a Full Stop .
    That was me, in my genuinely friendly initial personal welcome PM to ripple a couple days after he'd arrived.

So now, at this point, I think we bid you farewell.

It's been quite a long time since we've received so many reports from folks here who simply don't like one single member. (This is yourself.) No-one knows you personally, of course, so our only clues are what you seem to reveal about yourself from your posts. And you have full responsibility for how and what you write, as you plainly take a great deal of care with all the fine details.

For whatever reasons, you seem to delight in (a) being contrarian, and (b) provoking others to dislike you while actually quietly relishing it. That's quite an interesting pathology.

After all but one of the team of on-duty moderators called for you to be unsubscribed (while I was offline the last week), having returned yesterday I'm making the decision now to support their strong recommendations. One moderator (Tintin), volunteering to be a good cop, as it were, had volunteered to PM you — and maybe he has (if so, we'll e-mail you his message) — but I'm afraid that's too late now.

We do sincerely wish you well. Never do we wish anyone ill! But it's become very plain now that you don't belong well here. You're free to take your rather snide attitudes (which you believe are humor!) elsewhere. And of course, you will.

I did, in fact, contact ripple, a few days ago.

I found his posts intriguing, his perspective expansive, and told him so.

He was coming at some of the topics discussed from interesting angles. I didn't read his posts as "snide".

In addition to his intelligence, I find him to be thoughtful, considerate and kind.

Just saying....

I'm looking forward to checking out the book he's working on.

Note added: I'd like to also note that as of now, 7 Feb 2019, 1315 MST, USA, there has still not been a record added to the Moderator's Actions Log about ripple being unsubscribed.
    Last edited by edina; 7th February 2019 at 20:18.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to edina For This Post:

Bubu (7th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 111,323 times in 12,884 posts

I thought it was in poor taste how ripple dismissed waree and Kryztian when in reality, if he had double checked he would’ve seen that he wasn’t clear about which one out of the five videos he meant.

When waree simply asked:
    Quote Posted by waree (here)
    I don't see December 9, 2009. How did you do it?
    ripple responded with a nonsensical remark: “Remote View initially followed up by channeling through EC .” He went on to ignore Kryztian’s comment that he was incorrect.

Mr. Ripple may be intelligent, but sometimes people like him make things more complicated than they need to be. For example during that same exchange, he posted 5 step instruction:

A really GOOD WAY TO CHECK DATES ON GLP POSTED VIDEOS
    WITH NO INFORMATION GIVEN...

1. Right click the video as it is playing
    2. copy the URL link that shows up in the menu box
    3. Go to a new BROWSER
    4. Put the URL in the google search box
    5. Check the inforamation that USUALLY comes with the
    posted YouTube version of the video...You should get
    the date...

this url date is December 9, 2009...NOT LAST YEAR.
    Excellent fun but there are too many gullible people around who will take no notice of facts .
    It was no surprise that ripple ignored my one step: the quick way to view the date is click on the address below the video. (or “control-click” will open it into a new window)

Last edited by RunningDeer; 7th February 2019 at 23:01.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (7th February 2019), Chip (8th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    I thought it was in poor taste how ripple dismissed waree and Kryztian when in reality, if he had double checked he would’ve seen that he wasn’t clear about which one out of the five videos he meant.

When waree simply asked:
    ripple responded with a nonsensical remark: “Remote View initially followed up by channeling through EC .” He went on to ignore Kryztian’s comment that he was incorrect.

Mr. Ripple may be intelligent, but sometimes people like him make things more complicated than they need to be. For example during that same exchange, he posted 5 step instruction:

3. Go to a new BROWSER
    the date...

Excellent fun but there are too many gullible people around who will take no notice of facts .
    It was no surprise that ripple ignored my one step: the quick way to view the date is click on the address below the video. (or “control-click” will open it into a new window)

Perhaps you read a "tone" into his words that I didn't? I read that as "playful".

Does your opinion that he was in "poor taste" justify that he be unceremoniously unsubscribed, without a single staff member having a real conversation with him?

Is it in good taste for staff to conduct themselves in that manner?

Remember, KiwiElf was wrongly accused and suspended for an action he didn't take... because people jumped to conclusions without having real conversations.

I think there ought to be a more professional process for these sorts of actions to be taken against forum members.
    Last edited by edina; 7th February 2019 at 21:40.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), RunningDeer (7th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 times in 1,706 posts

Whenever I see threads like this ending in the unsubscribing of a member, I always think that this is an opportunity for growth.
    I have posted this elsewhere but I want to share it again here because I feel that this is something that might raise awareness over why people respond the way they do.

According to Maddens and Robbins, there are six pyschological needs we all have -

• Certainty
    • Variety
    • Significance
    • The need for connection and love
    • Growth
    • Contribution

If we want to understand anyone (and be able to inspire change in that person), we need to first understand which need is at the top of their list and why this need drives them.

People can manifest a need in totally opposite ways. eg. People can meet their need for significance by totally achieving great things on the forum, another person might get significance by criticising or destroying great things on the forum.
    Both people are meeting the same need for significance but by taking different actions and by holding different beliefs.

If we can fully understand and appreciate what a member needs, what they value, what beliefs they hold, what they do in order to meet their needs, if we can understand this one thing about a person, how they are meeting their six needs, we could become extraordinarily effective communicators.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

ClearWater (8th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), edina (7th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Whenever I see threads like this ending in the unsubscribing of a member, I always think that this is an opportunity for growth.
    I have posted this elsewhere but I want to share it again here because I feel that this is something that might raise awareness over why people respond the way they do.

According to Maddens and Robbins, there are six pyschological needs we all have -

• Certainty
    • Variety
    • Significance
    • The need for connection and love
    • Growth
    • Contribution

If we want to understand anyone (and be able to inspire change in that person), we need to first understand which need is at the top of their list and why this need drives them.

People can manifest a need in totally opposite ways. eg. People can meet their need for significance by totally achieving great things on the forum, another person might get significance by criticising or destroying great things on the forum.
    Both people are meeting the same need for significance but by taking different actions and by holding different beliefs.

If we can fully understand and appreciate what a member needs, what they value, what beliefs they hold, what they do in order to meet their needs, if we can understand this one thing about a person, how they are meeting their six needs, we could become extraordinarily effective communicators.
    In the very least, it may help people be more tolerant of people who are different than them.
    Hiya Constance... hope you're enjoying an awesome day.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Constance (7th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    It's helpful to take the time to look at a person in whole, to gather context to the meaning of their words.

John Lear....

easy on the ear, and draws you in like a magnet...

I went to your Twitter account Eben, is this what you were talking about in your OP? John Lear, and the Secret Space Program?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to edina For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Perhaps you read a "tone" into his words that I didn't? I read that as "playful".

Does your opinion that he was in "poor taste" justify that he be unceremoniously unsubscribed, without a single staff member having a real conversation with him?

Remember, KiwiElf was wrongly accused and suspended for an action he didn't take... because people jumped to conclusions without having real conversations.

I think there ought to be a more professional process for these sorts of actions to be taken against forum members.
    Hodgepodge post:

To me, ripple was never 'playful', he was stingy.

As for KiwiElf, I felt bad how that went down. I miss him. We exchanged PM's and then emails for a little while.

I was a mod for a very brief moment. I realized that I didn't fit in because the mods were too accepting of crap that I would've booted them out without warning; especially those that are rude, condescending, the ones that think they walk on water and the plain old a******s.

People see what they want to see. I’ve finally learned that more often than not, people don’t change what they believe just because I’ve given my opinion. (especially family) That was a freeing realization.

I just don’t get how anyone would expend energy and time with some of the back and forth exchanges that I see on the forum.
    Enjoy your hike-thru of the Appalachian Trail, edina.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th February 2019 at 02:06.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (7th February 2019), Bubu (7th February 2019), Chip (8th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), edina (7th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

When waree simply asked:

3. Go to a new BROWSER
    the date...

Hodgepodge post:

As for KiwiElf, I felt bad how that went down. I miss him. We exchanged PM's and then emails for a little while.

I was a mod for a very brief moment. I realized that I didn't fit in because the mods were too accepting of crap that I would've booted them out without warning; especially those that are rude, condescending, the ones that think they walk on water and the plain old a******s.

People see what they want to see. I’ve finally learned that more often than not, people don’t change what they believe just because I’ve given my opinion. (especially family) That was a freeing realization.

I just don’t get how anyone would expend energy and time with some of the back and forth exchanges that I see on the forum.

Enjoy your hike-thru of the Appalachian Trail, edina.

Thanks Running Deer, the Appalachian Trail is going to be a very intense experience. In some ways, it already has been just from my training for it.

I come from the professional world. Where people file lawsuits for being dismissed from the work environment.

There's a process that could be used that would alleviate a lot of the problems that happen here, and cause an unnecessary amount of losing people, and I'm talking about the people who leave because of how others have been treated by staff.
    After what happened in Sept, I learned it's a much bigger issue than I could have ever imagined.

Businesses pay close attention to when customers complain, because it's well known for that every one customer that complained, there are 10x that many that are unhappy.
    The number of people who reached out to me when I was suspended in Sept, let me know that for Avalon, that percentage is much higher than 10x.
    It was very surprising to learn this. But, after what I experienced, understandable.

I didn't find ripple stingy, at all. In fact, quite the contrary, I found him to be very generous.

To me, ripple was intellectual. And UKish. I find there is a sense of humor for people from the UK that is often considered rude by Americans. It's been a great source of misunderstandings among people that I know.
    Last edited by edina; 12th February 2019 at 04:31.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Bubu (7th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), petra (12th February 2019), RunningDeer (7th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Thanks Running Deer, the Appalachian Trail is going to be a very intense experience. In some ways, it already has been just from my training for it.
    Time for me to step out now, edina...
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 7th February 2019 at 22:19.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), edina (7th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Time for me to step out now, edina ...
    Thanks Running Deer, I appreciate your gentle heart.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019), RunningDeer (7th February 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,408 times in 741 posts

Quote Posted by Eben Yblod (here)
    Not really .
    HAHAHAHA.. This whole thread is making me laugh.. Just sayin...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

edina (7th February 2019), petra (12th February 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    Quote Posted by Eben Yblod (here)
    Not really .
    HAHAHAHA.. This whole thread is making me laugh.. Just sayin...
    You laugh a lot already anyways, right? LOL..."just sayin" written Texan style... or southern style,

I think Eben's OP was more about information that may be coming out soon regarding the Secret Space Program,
    ... and John Lear... John Lear gets the last laugh, maybe?

Note added here after I read Diziblueyez post below:

ANYWAYS.... (LOL)

Ha, I do that! I say it that way. (But I'm from Texas, not California.)
    Last edited by edina; 7th February 2019 at 23:42.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (11th February 2019), petra (12th February 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)

I've always had a fun, crackpot theory that the super weird punctuation you see s...

Once I was contacted by an elderly member here who hoped he was not a Grammar Nazi ( his term) , but could not understand why I allowed a space after each comma and period , as he quaintly called what we term a Full Stop .

In case this type of concern is getting in the way of some of the more important things in life , I give him , you , and others as appropriate , an explanation .

First , it looks nicer . A visual improvement in presentation . My view , my style , my signature . End of .

Second , the implicit instruction behind a comma is , slight break and , if reading , pause fractionally . And for a Full Stop , it is , make a clear break . And the best way to promote those instructions is to mirror them on the page .

Why jam a Full Stop as hard as possible onto the preceding and last letter of a sentence ? Almost a contradiction of target and intent .

Most people here double space lines in order to improve ease of reading . Essentially the same underlying thinking . It improves presentation and should help comprehension . My very points .

The other thing I do , of my own deliberate preference , is to ascribe Capital Letters to more than Proper Nouns , and as I have done in this sentence . This fixes attention to both the Proper Nouns plus any words which effectively behave as

such and which as Author I want highlighting /emphasising , even though that is outside text book protocols, which are even older than the very oldest here . Time for change ?! ( Hello . Another deliberate type of change --- question and /or emphasis ----which is now often liked and used ) .

Hopefully this will be helpful and particularly for those with tendencies toward OCD or who are just unhappy with Change ( ! ) . Perhaps Bill's earlier comment re. his preference for Shakespeare actually tells you more than he had in mind when

making his uncharitable and frankly irrelevant comparison .

To those it may apply to :- Project Avalon , not Project Fuddy Duddy .
    Ok, this reply is meant to follow the humor of the original post... (We all need a good laugh once in awhile....) I am guessing that you're also the type of person to stop way before the bumper of the vehicle in front of you, to give them adequate space should they ever have the need to back up a little bit as well? Giggle... Actually that's polite, but it does annoy people...

I once dated a guy who drove me nuts with grammer. I had always heard the word "ANYWAY" used with an S at the end of it. People in California, would forever say "ANYWAYS".. Finally one day it drove him insane to the point where he hounded me DAILY until I learned "ANYWAY".... 32 years later and it annoys me to no end when I hear someone say the word "ANYWAYS"..

I never was great at writing, it wasn't my thing.. I never claimed to be... But this thread is cracking me up, because apparently many people DO have poor writing skills as their pet peeve.. Makes me giggle... We all have those pet peeves..

I am dying laughing as I get further down the list of replies...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by bill ryan (here)
    once i was contacted by an elderly member here who hoped he was not a grammar nazi ( his term) , but could not understand why i allowed a space after each comma and period , as he quaintly called what we term a full stop .
    that was me, in my genuinely friendly initial personal welcome pm to ripple a couple days after he'd arrived.

so now, at this point, i think we bid you farewell.

i

omg i think i just blew my coffee out of my nose hahahahahahaha

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Boy I should have read the entire thread before I posted. If you see my replies, and think they're out of context, it is because I was replying to each comment as I saw them.. And I was trying to keep it light hearted, and in the fun nature in which I thought the thread was heading. I did not realize that there was a stab being made at Bill personally in the post made by Ripple. I am too new here to recognize past history in posts, and what the comments hint at, in so much as underlying stabs.

When I saw the post suggesting that an "elderly member" had corrected them, I had no idea that was a deliberate stab at Bill... I thought they meant it was a member that was here long ago, that no longer uses the site... In fact I giggled when Bill said "That was ME", and I was trying to be genuinely friendly... (I laughed because whenever I say something out of line, it always turns out that the person I am referring to somehow hears what I said, so I learned long ago, just to keep those type comments to myself..) But I had yet to read his full reply before I laughed...

Now having read the rest, I see why this was really cold hearted and mean actually.. It's one thing to have an opinion, it is fully another to deliberately call out the site owner, and call them names, and then go on, and in a subtle way, call them out on the fact that perhaps their intention to be helpful in some way offended them, so therefore it is far game to make stabs at them. That is stirring the pot if I have ever seen it, and genuinely being cold spirited..

Bill has helped me to better post on Avalon as well... And I never took it to be rude or condescending, in fact I am very well aware that my writing skills are not the best... So I took his advice in the kind nature in which it was offered...

I laughed because, had that been me saying what Ripple had said... (Given how I took it).. I would have been EMBARRASSED that Bill had seen the post at all!... I completely misread what Ripple was doing here... And laughed about them being called out on it, when it wasn't funny at all...

I thought we were all grown ups here. When I was having a difficult time expressing myself, two things happened.. Bill sent me advice.. I took it to heart, and while I may have had my feelings a bit hurt about how BLUNT he was about it, I realized quickly, it was never his job to teach me how to properly express myself to begin with, and I genuinely THANKED HIM for doing so.

But at the same time, I also received apologies from other Avalon members trying to apologize for the WAY that Bill did it. All telling me they hope that I didn't feel too attacked. They are aware that there was water under the bridge and perhaps some new members may not understand the way people have evolved over time... And why. And that's fair. NONE of those people have a dislike for Bill, in fact it was quit the opposite.. I felt honored they would try to explain that he was trying to be helpful, and hoped I didn't take it in a bad way... Which I never did...

I have since learned that there is a LOT of water under the bridge here at Avalon. Water I never swam in... So I try to keep that in mind when I post... I didn't think a post about laughing would go so sideways... But it does seem that there are a few members who deliberately try to get under the skin of others, if for nothing more than an outlet to be abusive to them. I don't understand this behavior... But I can recognize it. And while some people may believe that Bill is censoring people.. I don't believe that to be the case at all, he was MORE than helpful with me getting my footing here, and feeling at home... But I also don't deliberately try to cause "Ripples"

If someone can't play nice in the playground, perhaps they should go to another school that is better suited for their type of behavior, and with this being his site? I admire that he is keeping the playing field clean... More than likely to avoid a repeat of those troubled waters. All in all it IS Bill's site.. And I think it is something everyone needs to respect. He isn't facebook serving the entire population, he chooses who is allowed to become family, and he chooses who is toxic to that family, and removes them.

I think really we should all be adult enough to respect that..

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

avatar (10th February 2019), edina (7th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2019), petra (12th February 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    Boy I should have read the entire thread before I posted. If you see my replies, and think they're out of context, it is because I was replying to each comment as I saw them.. And I was trying to keep it light hearted, and in the fun nature in which I thought the thread was heading. I did not realize that there was a stab being made at Bill personally in the post made by Ripple. I am too new here to recognize past history in posts, and what the comments hint at, in so much as underlying stabs.

When I saw the post suggesting that an "elderly member" had corrected them, I had no idea that was a deliberate stab at Bill... I thought they meant it was a member that was here long ago, that no longer uses the site... In fact I giggled when Bill said "That was ME", and I was trying to be genuinely friendly... (I laughed because whenever I say something out of line, it always turns out that the person I am referring to somehow hears what I said, so I learned long ago, just to keep those type comments to myself..) But I had yet to read his full reply before I laughed...

Now having read the rest, I see why this was really cold hearted and mean actually.. It's one thing to have an opinion, it is fully another to deliberately call out the site owner, and call them names, and then go on, and in a subtle way, call them out on the fact that perhaps their intention to be helpful in some way offended them, so therefore it is far game to make stabs at them. That is stirring the pot if I have ever seen it, and genuinely being cold spirited..

Bill has helped me to better post on Avalon as well... And I never took it to be rude or condescending, in fact I am very well aware that my writing skills are not the best... So I took his advice in the kind nature in which it was offered...

I laughed because, had that been me saying what Ripple had said... (Given how I took it).. I would have been EMBARRASSED that Bill had seen the post at all!... I completely misread what Ripple was doing here... And laughed about them being called out on it, when it wasn't funny at all...

I thought we were all grown ups here. When I was having a difficult time expressing myself, two things happened.. Bill sent me advice.. I took it to heart, and while I may have had my feelings a bit hurt about how BLUNT he was about it, I realized quickly, it was never his job to teach me how to properly express myself to begin with, and I genuinely THANKED HIM for doing so.

But at the same time, I also received apologies from other Avalon members trying to apologize for the WAY that Bill did it. All telling me they hope that I didn't feel too attacked. They are aware that there was water under the bridge and perhaps some new members may not understand the way people have evolved over time... And why. And that's fair. NONE of those people have a dislike for Bill, in fact it was quit the opposite.. I felt honored they would try to explain that he was trying to be helpful, and hoped I didn't take it in a bad way... Which I never did...

I have since learned that there is a LOT of water under the bridge here at Avalon. Water I never swam in... So I try to keep that in mind when I post... I didn't think a post about laughing would go so sideways... But it does seem that there are a few members who deliberately try to get under the skin of others, if for nothing more than an outlet to be abusive to them. I don't understand this behavior... But I can recognize it. And while some people may believe that Bill is censoring people.. I don't believe that to be the case at all, he was MORE than helpful with me getting my footing here, and feeling at home... But I also don't deliberately try to cause "Ripples"

If someone can't play nice in the playground, perhaps they should go to another school that is better suited for their type of behavior, and with this being his site? I admire that he is keeping the playing field clean... More than likely to avoid a repeat of those troubled waters. All in all it IS Bill's site.. And I think it is something everyone needs to respect. He isn't facebook serving the entire population, he chooses who is allowed to become family, and he chooses who is toxic to that family, and removes them.

I think really we should all be adult enough to respect that..
    Diziblueyez, I hope you don't second guess yourself now.

I think the original intent was humorous, and continued to be humorous, and the reason you reacted the way you did, is because you felt the original intent.

That intent was misread, and ripples was unsubscribed because of it.

You seem to me to be a naturally joyful person. So you read from the head and heart space of natural joy.
    Last edited by edina; 8th February 2019 at 00:04.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to edina For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (8th February 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 times in 285 posts

I must say, I agree entirely with the actions of Bill and the Mods. And I agree with RunningDeer, I never found Ripple to be generous or particularly intelligent. He was really rather rude at times (occasionally downright mean) and was guilty of some of the attributes he professed to detest in others (e.g., thinking himself a know-it-all).

I also find it hard to appreciate the views or understand the motivations of someone who professes to be a great admirer of Michael Shermer (Founder of the Skeptics Society). Talk about someone stuck in their little box of current scientific knowledge..

However, that said, I'd love to have a beer with Ripple and discuss various topics while being able to watch each others lips move!
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ken For This Post:

Chip (8th February 2019), Constance (12th February 2019), Did You See Them (8th February 2019), edina (8th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2019), RunningDeer (8th February 2019), YoYoYo (21st February 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,070 times in 2,143 posts

[QUOTE=edina;1273864][QUOTE=

To me, ripple was intellectual. And UKish. I find there is a sense of humor for people from the UK that is often considered rude by Americans. It's been a great source of misunderstandings among people that I know.[/QUOTE]

I move few times locally there are cultural difference and ways in expressing one self. its something that we all have to work on inside or outside the forum. I am a product of a workplace that is plain nasty to most but actually playful " we even have jokes like " can I borrow your wife..."

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

ClearWater (8th February 2019), edina (8th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (8th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast