+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uncovering the Sense of our Always Perfect Beingness !

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Default Uncovering the Sense of our Always Perfect Beingness !

Oh, here's a great video (27 minutes long) from the "Science and Non-Duality" youtube channel :

In it, Richard Miller talks about his Trauma Recovery practice (as used in Hospices, with Homeless people and War Veterans) to facilitate the switching "off" of our "Default Network" (the autobiographical sense-of-self) and the switching "on" of our "Present Centered Mode Network" (outside of time, present Being).

If you have the time, I'd suggest getting into a comfortable setting, away from distraction and see how you feel as he talks through his (shortened) "protocol" eh ?

It's like an Experiential Meditative process where we "drop" into the deeper layers of our "self" away from the "hustle and bustle" of ordinary dualistic thinking !!!
    Last edited by Clear Light; 9th February 2019 at 15:30. Reason: Small Rewording

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Chip (9th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (9th February 2019), Forest Denizen (19th April 2019), greybeard (9th February 2019), Ioneo (10th February 2019), Michi (10th February 2019), Pam (19th April 2019), Rich (19th April 2019), Sandy123 (9th February 2019), Shadowman (9th February 2019), Swan (19th April 2019), thepainterdoug (9th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Uncovering the Sense of our Always Perfect Beingness !

Ah, in the interest of preserving one's Sanity and perhaps pointing out a certain practical course-of-action for any interested party (such as Meditation / non-Meditation) I just wanted to "bump" this thread / post in case my recent rebuttal of Corey Goode's "disclosure" (here and here) is misunderstood in some way !

Indeed who is it "I" seem to be remonstrating with eh ?

Now of course, even though what I'm about to say seems to fly in the face of everyday experience and common sense, but when taken in the context of the above video As Self Falls Away When Self Falls Away, there is no "Corey Goode" to argue with !!!

So what do I mean by this ? Well in reference to the video, when the Default Network Mode is up and running, is when it seems as if "you" and "I" (as individual bodymind's) are truly "real" and "existent" but if the DNM shuts down (perhaps after a period of some form of Mediation) it can be clearly seen that the "I" who seems to be the main Action Figure in "life" is nothing more than a series of thoughts, perceptions, emotions, sensations (etc etc) but belonging to no-one ... it's just Biological Software giving the impression (in the interests of the organism's survival) that there is a Central Controller of some sort eh ?

It's like a mistaken case of Identity (Egoic mis-identification), and I'd say it's fair to state that most, if not all, Spiritual Traditions are primarily interested in pointing out that our "Real Nature" is beyond Time and Space not being identified with the Body !

Just saying ...

PS So whether or not there is some kind of "Solar Flash" is utterly irrelevant (to what we truly are) although it may not seem like it at the time ... LOL

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

greybeard (19th April 2019), Pam (19th April 2019), Rich (19th April 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

It's about forgetting the story, when you rest in your being, without a story, it becomes clear that the past has not created you, hence "you were never born".
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Clear Light (19th April 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Ah, the above video really is telling-it-like-it-is ... there's no great mystery here, it's simply about Differentiating between the Egoic-sense-of-self and one's basic Aware "presence" as it "outshines" (or comes-to-the-fore) as Attention is withdrawn from the endless stories about "I" ... it's not that "you" somehow progress-along-a-path, it's actually more like suddenly seeing the Fictional (Empty) Conceptual nature of the so-called "self" ... And guess what ? It just "vanishes" like awakening from a Dream eh ?

This is why "I" contend Liberation is FROM the "self", not FOR the "self" !!!

Last edited by Clear Light; 26th April 2020 at 14:49.

+ Reply to Thread