+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommended vitamin and supplement online dealers?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,691 times in 892 posts

Default Re: Recommended vitamin and supplement online dealers?

If I order vitamins online, I generally get them from Total Health Discount Vitamins (www.totaldiscountvitamins.com) and the brand name I usually go with is NOW Foods (nowfoods.com).

I find that NOW's products are generally about 50% to 100% more than the cheap generic stuff one finds at big supermarkets and discount stores, but they eliminate the unnecessary stabilizers, binders and fillers that are in the cheap stuff and sometimes go to remarkable lengths to get products that are bio-available (i.e. they will be accepted into your systems instead of pass through undigested) and also for their purity. They may not be in first place for quality, but they are not far from that position, and their prices are much lower that the highest of the high end vitamins.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), ErtheVessel (11th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), onawah (13th February 2019), peterpam (12th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,613 times in 587 posts

(I'm going to butcher this but) there are websites out there that monitor supplement companies, tell you all bout their products, etc. Admittedly I'm only aware of one (was recommended in a book i have on brain health) and i didnt use it cause it was a payed site. Still, thought id mention it, maybe something you want to look into.
    Just as every cop is a criminal
    And all the sinners saints

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), onawah (13th February 2019), peterpam (12th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Administrator Paul's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,201 times in 20,086 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I think I am deficient in the vitamin responsible for the prevention of run-on sentences.
    Why this would be so, I will decline from saying explicitly, so as to avoid overly blatant flattery, however you might find it amusing to know, Dennis, that I once read, and still fondly, albeit vaguely, remember, a study that found a correlation between the length and grammatical complexity of the sentences that one is inclined to write, and some measure or other of intelligence such as perhaps IQ, that I no longer recall exactly.
    Last edited by Paul; 11th February 2019 at 16:29.
    *** Avalon Forum Guidelines - Membership Guidelines.
    *** ProjectAvalonStatus.net - Check here for forum status.
    Formerly known as "ThePythonicCow", aka "Cow", "Mooster", ...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

avid (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), ErtheVessel (11th February 2019), onawah (13th February 2019), peterpam (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019), wondering (12th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Moderator Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,344 times in 4,975 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    I think I am deficient in the vitamin responsible for the prevention of run-on sentences.
    Why this would be so, I will decline from saying explicitly, so as to avoid overly blatant flattery, however you might find it amusing to know, Dennis, that I once read, and still fondly, albeit vaguely, remember, a study that found a correlation between the length and grammatical complexity of the sentences that one is inclined to write, and some measure or other of intelligence such as perhaps IQ, that I no longer recall exactly.
    hahaha No, that ain't it. It sure doesn't help in songwriting, and you wouldn't want to hire me to write life-summing pithy sayings on gravestones. It did keep me off twitter however.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

ErtheVessel (11th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), onawah (13th February 2019), Paul (11th February 2019), peterpam (12th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,873 times in 2,819 posts

There are no better supplements than those produced and sold by Standard Process. They have their own remote farms (away from any GMO crops) growing organic plants. They use glands from various grass fed animals. These products are real, whole food based, unheated, and unprocessed. The body knows exactly how to use them and the bioavailability is high.

So many vitamins, even from seemingly trusted sources, are made and sold by companies owned by the pharmaceutical industry. Many of them are synthetic, therefore the body can't use them well. This is one reason we read stories in the media about the failure of vitamins to help or be effective. It's because they use these synthetic products in their trials! And often they have a predetermined outcome in mind and construct the study toward that end. "They" don't want us to know how critical vitamins and minerals are. Meanwhile, doctors pretend or believe we get sufficient nutrients from our food. Wrong!

Industrial farming practices simply cannot produce quality foods. By some estimates our food supply is up to 80% less nutritious than a few decades ago. One of the biggest problems is the soil. The ground must contain a thriving bio-diverse ecology, colonies of beneficial bacteria. These bacteria enable the uptake of minerals and other compounds from the ground. Modern farming falls very short in this regard. Their soil is dead and they only dump three nutrients on it and believe this is sufficient. Hardly. These three nutrients merely encourage the growth and aid in the appearance of the plants, with little or no regard for the nutrients.

There is a Standard Process product(s) for every ailment. They are supremely high quality, effective supplements. Go to their website and convince yourself.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Hym (12th February 2019), onawah (13th February 2019), Paul (11th February 2019), peterpam (12th February 2019), wondering (12th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here is a site that ranks supplements. https://labdoor.com/

Might be a good place to check before you go buying a supplement.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aKnightThatSaysNi For This Post:

conk (12th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2019), onawah (13th February 2019), peterpam (12th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2