Thread: Da Vinci's $400 million restored painting Salvator Mundi

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,974 times in 20,621 posts

Default Da Vinci's $400 million restored painting Salvator Mundi

The Discovery & Restoration of Leonardo da Vinci's Long-Lost Painting "Salvator Mundi" | Robb Report

Robb Report
    Published on Oct 29, 2018

"Leonardo da Vinci is one of history's greatest artists and thinkers. Only about 15 of his paintings are known to exist and one was thought to be lost forever. Leonard painted that masterpiece, called "Salvator Mundi" (Savior of the World) around 1500. It was owned by no less than three kings and, in 1763, it disappeared. This video tells the story of that incredible painting, how it was rediscovered in 2005, and what happened when it went to auction at Christie's in November 2017.

READ MORE: http://bit.ly/LostDaVinci

Secret Histories of Rare Treasures spotlights the stories behind items that amaze historians, elude collectors, and intrigue audiences. Through original and never-before-seen footage, in-depth archival research, and expert interviews, Robb Report brings these awe-inspiring narratives to life. Developed in coordination with Robb Report’s editors and produced by the brand’s in-house custom-content and video agency Robb Report Studio, the editorial series explores the hidden lives of extremely rare and amazingly valuable items often found in the pages of Robb Report. "
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (10th February 2019), Billy (11th February 2019), Constance (10th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (10th February 2019), Did You See Them (10th February 2019), drneglector (11th February 2019), enigma3 (10th February 2019), ErtheVessel (11th February 2019), Flash (10th February 2019), Forest Denizen (10th February 2019), Hym (10th February 2019), Iancorgi (11th February 2019), Ioneo (10th February 2019), jc71 (10th February 2019), jjjones (11th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), Philippe (11th February 2019), rgray222 (10th February 2019), sllim11 (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), TrumanCash (10th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019), wondering (10th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: Da Vinci's $400 million restored painting Salvator Mundi

Leonardo painted a warm and peaceful wizard, with a crystal orb. Absolutely stunning and amazing work. Not very Palestinian looking, but I'll forgive Leo for that and say it emanates the most amazing "Christ-like" or "Buddha-like" vibe - that is far beyond just the masterful technical skill.

Thanks for that, Natalie. That is an awesome image to hold in my mind, off to bed, and off to wherever I go after that.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Constance (10th February 2019), Did You See Them (10th February 2019), drneglector (11th February 2019), ErtheVessel (11th February 2019), Forest Denizen (10th February 2019), jjjones (11th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Mike Gorman (12th February 2019), onawah (10th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), sllim11 (11th February 2019), toppy (10th February 2019), Valerie Villars (10th February 2019), wondering (10th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

this may a bit off topic but I'm not convinced Da Vinci's inventions were his own ideas-

if my read sources are correct Da Vinci was a member of the Order of the Prior of Zion which was a secret organization privy to hidden knowledge (among many other things)-

just as an example: if one has read Scottish historian Laurence's Gardener's book "Genesis of the Grail Kings" the hanging gardens of Babylon actually existed and they were watered through a very complicated process of getting water through a flowing water source going against gravity up walls (ramps/pipes?) to water them-

obviously before Da Vinci-

if one has visited Ambroise, France on the Loire (I did a few yrs. ago- highly recommended) where Da Vinci lived the last few yrs. of his life there is a very wonderful museum dedicated to his "inventions"-

well, lo and behold, Da Vinci himself supposedly discovered how to get water from a flowing source against gravity to go upwards; !!!

obviously Da Vinci just discovered/became privileged to ancient technologies that have been around for a long time but have been forgotten by the masses and were not his original ideas-

dare I state it?:

yet another plagiarizer-

Larry

e
    if one

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Pam (11th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

See this thread from 2011 where I discovered something interesting within the globe in the Salvator Mundi painting.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-solar-trinity
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Cardillac (11th February 2019), onawah (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    this may a bit off topic but I'm not convinced Da Vinci's inventions were his own ideas-

if my read sources are correct Da Vinci was a member of the Order of the Prior of Zion which was a secret organization privy to hidden knowledge (among many other things)-

just as an example: if one has read Scottish historian Laurence's Gardener's book "Genesis of the Grail Kings" the hanging gardens of Babylon actually existed and they were watered through a very complicated process of getting water through a flowing water source going against gravity up walls (ramps/pipes?) to water them-

obviously before Da Vinci-

if one has visited Ambroise, France on the Loire (I did a few yrs. ago- highly recommended) where Da Vinci lived the last few yrs. of his life there is a very wonderful museum dedicated to his "inventions"-

well, lo and behold, Da Vinci himself supposedly discovered how to get water from a flowing source against gravity to go upwards; !!!

obviously Da Vinci just discovered/became privileged to ancient technologies that have been around for a long time but have been forgotten by the masses and were not his original ideas-

dare I state it?:

yet another plagiarizer-

Larry

e
    if one
    Very interesting post, Cardillac. Solomon said "there is nothing new under the sun". When you consider the Yogic descriptions of the repeating cycles of Yuga's this would make total sense.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Cardillac (11th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread