+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is our lifespan, a pre designed plan, with a purpose ?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,278 times in 3,171 posts

Default Is our lifespan, a pre designed plan, with a purpose ?

I think of this often.

Are we meant to live our lives within this average lifespan, lets say to about 80 to 100 years, or so ? Or are we challenged with our ingenuity to alter it ?

Would altering it be defeating a divine plan?

Many of us see life analogous to a game. And a game usually needs a time limit.

Football is good example as it is played to a clock.
    There are four quarters, 15 minutes each 60 minutes total of true on field play
    The game requires a strategy , planning to be there in the end.

As in life, some get out of the gate fast, and seem winners in their teens. We all know the superstar high school kids. But then as the game grinds on, they fade, playing a poor strategy ,being up early and then squandering the game by the first half.

Others start slow ,not flashy and don’t look like much, go into halftime, say age 50, and then have a strong 3rd and fourth quarter, and so on.

But none of this makes any sense without a clock. Running up and down a field accumulating points with no end ?
    It only makes sense because of a time limit.

Do we not live our lives in similar fashion? And without a timer, it would all be pointless ?
    Of course this all has to accept a win loose mentality within the structure which is inherent in designing a game.

The big question is, is there a designer, a God or a Programmer and a watcher, who wanted it this way for our own benefit ?

love to hear thoughts on this? t y

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), avid (11th February 2019), Clear Light (11th February 2019), Constance (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), jc71 (11th February 2019), Kryztian (11th February 2019), Ladylee38 (13th February 2019), Mercedes (11th February 2019), Metaphor (11th February 2019), Mike (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), rgray222 (12th February 2019), Satori (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019), Words of Joy (11th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,982 times in 4,336 posts

Default Re: Is our lifespan, a pre designed plan, with a purpose ?

Lifespan?
    I believe there has been quite a bit of engineering and tinkering to the DNA of the species. We most likely have the lifespan we do due to this tinkering, done by an outside alien force.
    Mankind can probably unlock this shackle with science.
    Last edited by DNA; 11th February 2019 at 07:25.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), Art (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), Mercedes (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Lifespan?
    I believe there has been quite a bit of engineering and tinkering to the DNA of the species. We most likely have the lifespan we do due to this tinkering, done by an outside alien force.
    Material body/life, yes tinkered with and could be far longer, far longer.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), avid (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Mercedes (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Are we meant to live our lives within this average lifespan, lets say to about 80 to 100 years, or so ? Or are we challenged with our ingenuity to alter it ?

Would altering it be defeating a divine plan?
    From my perspective there are two ways of living a life: Human centered and God centered. When living the Human centered life one could live 3000 years and not defeat the divine plan. When living the God centered life when dying, the divine plan with this universe is fulfilled for your part in this earthly realm.

I think there's no 'defeating' the divine plan. The plan is glorious. Though for some it will take eons to understand and get to that point. Some will make it within the [edit]current[/edit] cosmic cycle, others won't [edit]and might in the next or even later. [/edit]. It's all good and part of the divine plan.

The big question is, is there a designer, a God or a Programmer and a watcher, who wanted it this way for our own benefit ?
    I don't have any doubt there is a grand designer, the creator of our spirits/souls and our universe and the heavenly realms. And I believe indeed a certain amount of time per incarnation. Each incarnation can be very different. Potentially moving from one planet to an other. Living under different circumstances, to grow the spirit/soul. To eventually come to terms with the great Love. The love for all, as is our creator. "Be holy, for I am holy" and after that is where the real spiritual life begins. Everything before is seen from a divine perspective as spiritually dead. That's another reason why prolonging life will not defeat the divine plan. From a divine perspective it would be prolonging spiritual death. Which I don't see as defeating the plan. Rather sabotaging the plan, as the learning curve will become relatively flat I'd say.
    Last edited by Words of Joy; 11th February 2019 at 14:33.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Mercedes (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Lifespan?
    Material body/life, yes tinkered with and could be far longer, far longer.
    The Edgar Cayce material gives a lot of detail on earliest "human"occupation"of this planet.
    A much less dense body to begin with--then with male and female organs.
    If you believe Caye then not tinkered with by aliens--unless you want to call the Creator--alien.
    Cayce does speak of aliens but as part of the One.

Its not possible to do justice to Cayse work in a few sentences--its far reaching and profound--probably true.
    The history of mankind according to John Van A interpretation--is to be found in Egyptian Pyramids spelled out in the hieroglyphs
    It just takes a few hours going through recently posted talks by John Van A on this subject.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

angelfire (11th February 2019), avid (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Mercedes (11th February 2019), Pam (11th February 2019), sllim11 (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

My goal as a teenager was to prove to people that the body does not have to die. Since about forty I modified the goal to not growing old. Now, at 60, I may have done that goal some justice. I am still waiting to get old with no obvious signs yet. My parents tell me that I am still a youngish man and laugh, and say just wait...

I am only now growing into my skin. I have had a lot of trouble with this life because I don't think like everyone else. My motivations for the most part have been counter to the priorities of this world. I was always shy and introverted - I did not go into a bar by myself (too self-conscious) until I was in my forties. I upheld a code that often saw me giving up my place in line, for many a variety of incidents that could have changed the course of my life in some instances. But I was always helping and offering my opportunities to others - in many ways. I am very aware of my surroundings and the people around me, always ready to help or give aid, to give up my place in line, etc. I am never in the way.

I feel that if I had another 60 years I could really make a difference. I am smarter, wiser, less controlled by my hormones. Instead of thinking about winding down my life, I wish I could begin planning a new life, a balanced life, a life with some sort of meaning. My life this far has been like swimming down stream on a fast flowing river. I just went where the current took me, not caring a whit about the future, not bothering with plans or ambitions. I fell into my profession by accident and never looked back. I hated it but the money made me stay. Now I am at the top of a trade that interests me hardly at all. And having to think about death and old age is even more boring. I could have done almost anything, with my skill set, but I took the easy road.

I do believe in a pre-ordained path and lifespan. That it has a purpose. That is the voice I have listened to my whole life. It said to continue, it praised me for my work. But the world always showed me the opposite and proved to me over and over how little value my priorities were to others. I let them get ahead of me, in terms of success, because they seemed to want it so much more than me.

Even today that voice keeps me going, it still praises me and lauds me as a hero. I have wandered this way and that but I have always come back to that voice and its loving whispers of wisdom.

This time I am back for good, for the side of good. The voice is strong in me. It will not let me fail. And I desire above all else to see. This vision, the sight of the real world, is a thing of such immense beauty that once you have beheld it nothing in this world seems worthy of consideration. And nothing in this world is worth saving.

We are not of or in this world. We are worth everything and we are not ever in danger of not being saved...I and those like me will not allow it. We give our lives to the cause, to use any way that is useful even unto laying down our lives for our fellow man. We may be confused about this world but we are not confused about what we are...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

angelfire (11th February 2019), aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), avid (11th February 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (11th February 2019), ClearWater (12th February 2019), Constance (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), greybeard (11th February 2019), Javblanc (20th December 2022), Krist (11th February 2019), meeradas (11th February 2019), Orph (11th February 2019), Satori (11th February 2019), Siphonemis (11th February 2019), Swan (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019), what is a name? (11th February 2019), wondering (11th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

I don't know the answer to the question thepainterdoug asks in his OP, and I'm OK with that. Somethings are unknowable and ineffable.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), Clear Light (11th February 2019), Constance (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), greybeard (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ernie your post#6 is worth more than one thanks so here is another.
    Thanks and best wishes
    Chris

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

angelfire (11th February 2019), aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), avid (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), Satori (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Earnie/ thanks for your post. I feel much like you. I feel empowered and stronger now at 65 than before. Im taking on more, not winding down and better sorting things out. The testosterone , still present is not leading me around by my nose. Things are more balanced, I have defeated any fears of being alone, any of the, Im afraid to grow old alone stuff. Personally , I'm more afraid to grow old with someone I don't belong with .

I still feel we are not meant to live forever. We are meant to accomplish things within a time frame

DNA so many people spend a life of repetition with little variation. Is extending that another 100 years any great bargain?

thanks everyone for your comments

Chris, will look into the John Van A posted talks
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 11th February 2019 at 15:58.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), avid (11th February 2019), Constance (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), DNA (11th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), greybeard (11th February 2019), Satori (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,982 times in 4,336 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    The Edgar Cayce material gives a lot of detail on earliest "human"occupation"of this planet.
    A much less dense body to begin with--then with male and female organs.
    If you believe Caye then not tinkered with by aliens--unless you want to call the Creator--alien.
    Cayce does speak of aliens but as part of the One.
    Many of the folks he gave readings to didn't ask the right questions.
    There is a huge amount of data on genetic engineering.
    Cayce stated that Atlantis was destroyed by a war between two factions, one that believed in human/animal hybridization and those who believed creating a slave caste from these Chymeras was not right.

Cayce and his Atlantis story are so in line with Billy Meier's Atlantis story that I believe they synergeticaly are better together than standing alone.
    They go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Of the two Billy Meier's has received a little more confirmation due to the recent finding of the Younger/Dryas impact site in Greenland under the Haiwatha Glacier. The dating of which is within a hundred years of when Meier stated there was an extinction level meteor impact that ended Atlantis.

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Its not possible to do justice to Cayse work in a few sentences--its far reaching and profound--probably true.
    The history of mankind according to John Van A interpretation--is to be found in Egyptian Pyramids spelled out in the hieroglyphs
    It just takes a few hours going through recently posted talks by John Van A on this subject.

Chris
    Cayce speaks of Atlantis refugees landing in Egypt and the work being done to help the gentically altered chymeras live happy and somewhat complete lives.

Jane Robert's Seth Material speaks of alien involvement with evolving man, especially in her OverSoul Seven books.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (11th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (11th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), greybeard (11th February 2019), toppy (11th February 2019), Valerie Villars (11th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would not disagree with you DNA--there is so much only partly revealed one way or another.
    I find it all very interesting but for me the fundamental truth is that I am not the body--I inhabit one I will leave it someday, so genes and DNA are relevant to the here and now but "Wear the world like a loose garment" is sound advice for me.

According to Cayce we are heading for a change in DNA and a Golden Age.
    So there is the plan-so to speak--the spiritual evolution of mankind back to "Oneness" according again to the talks by John Van A.
    Heres a link to save time--I know you posted on that thread DNA --your knowledge is appreciated
    Chris

and

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1269694
    Last edited by greybeard; 11th February 2019 at 16:39.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

angelfire (11th February 2019), aoibhghaire (11th February 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (11th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,488 times in 861 posts

I had the opportunity and decided to try out an unusual experiment for two years to see what would happen back in the mid 1990s. The experiment was to have a completely unplanned life, non linear in time. I had previously done many experiments that were outside the box so to speak that also confirmed a much wider spectrum of consciousness that we all have once you make the effort and tap into it.

The result of this unplanned life experiment and to my amazement was that the blueprint was embedded all the time and was already in one’s being. I’m not going to all the details here, but suffice it to say that it confirmed to me that we each all have a pre designed planned life before we arrive here and indeed there is a plan, assuming you are awake and aware , watching what is being presented to you and discern and discriminate within and without this unfoldment. The purpose through this experiment resulted in a clear run with no obstacles, and an ever increased rising in one’s energy body frequencies making an easier entrance back into the box (main stream society).

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

Constance (11th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), greybeard (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), what is a name? (12th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

aiobhghaire.
    For some time I have done similar --just acceptance of what unfolds.
    Sometimes something comes about and not at all what I would have cosen but a little further on the pefection of it is seen--I could not have chosen better.
    Several nights there has been a passing thought that "It would be nice if"
    Amazingly the next day the essence of last nights thought has materialized without conscious desire for it to happen bar the pasing thought.
    Its as though I am given notice this is going to happen rather than any attempt to bring it into my life.
    It just is.
    Chris .

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2019), thepainterdoug (11th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

I think the game metaphor is the best way to describe our lives. The "rules of the game"or predestiny, facilitate and potentiate chance.

If there were no rules in this game, if it was purely open ended, our lives--the game would contract, in terms of meaning and complexity and the very concept of chance may cease to exist.

So yes, it is very much a game and one whose creator may be unknowable by all players, of necessity, as it would remove mystery which is also a key component to this game.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 11th February 2019 at 21:21.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th February 2019), Constance (11th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019), thepainterdoug (12th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

You have some very good questions there PD.

There was the curious case of Li Ching-Yuen who purportedly made it to the ripe old age of 256.

I do like to take care of the body and give it the highest nourishment, love, and attention it needs to keep it going with the thought of being able to love more, give more and serve more, but upon saying that, I'm truly not bothered about when the body does eventually give out because I honestly can't remember a moment when I haven't ever existed. I somehow trust and know I will get to do it all over again here.

So many amazing, gorgeous, spectacular, brilliant, loving, compassionate people have entered my life and I don't think this is by chance. I think we get to see those we love and those we are challenged by, over and over again.
    I get glimpses of the future, I see potentials, and my future self is always whispering in my ear, so I happily follow that trail. It has been a wonderous, wonderous ride.
    Last edited by Constance; 11th February 2019 at 23:03.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

aoibhghaire (12th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019), thepainterdoug (12th February 2019), Words of Joy (12th February 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Constance / good to hear! and Li Chen Yuen 24 wives? wow

his advise/ “Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog.”

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (12th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (12th February 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,751 times in 32,946 posts

Constance / good to hear! and Li Chen Yuen 24 wives? wow

his advise/ “Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog.”
    Here's a very interesting post all about him.
    According to one of Li’s disciples, he had once encountered an even older 500-year-old man, who taught him Qigong exercises and dietary recommendations that would help him extend his lifespan to superhuman proportions.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (13th February 2019), Constance (12th February 2019), DNA (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019), thepainterdoug (12th February 2019), Valerie Villars (12th February 2019), Yoda (12th February 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Li Chen Yuen 24 wives? wow
    I just worked out the average of how long Li Chen Yuen would have been married to each wife for: 10 years! He was a very busy man

Quote his advise/ “Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog.”

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

DNA (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019), thepainterdoug (12th February 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

(Of the OP) I see it from a somewhat opposite perspective ...

Imagine what you could learn if you could live 1000 years or so. Would you not be so much wiser? Imagine the wisdom that could be gained by each individual. Have our lifespans been shortened? Some ancient scripts also indicate that this may be so ... Maybe living longer has value ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 12th February 2019 at 02:59.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019), thepainterdoug (12th February 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

DeDukshyn / it is an interesting idea that our lifespans have been shortened. but perhaps that is a blessing?

should a thousand years of living make us wiser, what is that wisdom for if not for the escape from this illusion ?

Greybeard/ excellent video you posted ! thanks

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (12th February 2019), greybeard (12th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast