+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation Question

1. Link to Post #41
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Reincarnation Question

Quote Posted by MiguelQ (here)
    Now Body holds Brain,which is the control center of the body.. so brain equals hardware processing unit..
    his hardware is the result of DNA combinations, and different combinatons its like what we see in our computers, some have the latest graphic card, better webcame resolution etc.. this hardware has some properties given by the DNA of parents.

those will limit your abilities, to think, memory(short memory , long memory, even remember past lifes is included), more intuition, more aggressive, smarter, the different areas of the brain and their size could be related to how yours hardware observes the world... now it could be that someone downgraded us to have no past live memory slot .. which is bad because when the spirits tries to acesss that slot, it is empty.. NO USB DRIVE :S ups.

Your Soul is: the software... and like.. can put your windows7 on a old computer with a weak processor, no blue-ray reader etc.. low memory ram.. etc.. what happens is the this software(the soul) will not fully experience their self.. and will be limited by the brain hardware and body shape... to fully express their Abilities...
    I was thinking in a similar analogy a few days ago. I think the brain is the computer, including hard drive, cpu, and the operating system that provides simple behaviours, and the software that has been installed (i.e. the tasks and basic themes to be experienced during the incarnation). Then, the spirit is the person using the computer. The problem might be that the computer has been hacked so that the user has forgotten he/she exists outside the computer and he/she sees him/herself inside a virtual reality where he/she is using a smaller computer. After fake death he/she still finds him/herself in that virtual reality and starts another game, that is, the wheel of birth, death and reincarnation.
    Last edited by Wood; 6th January 2011 at 23:02.

2. Link to Post #42
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

its the only way i could see sense in life. because like and death are not sense.. because wisdom is lost.

We really need to get an DNA upgrade to "express" new hardware that can communicate with the soul, and express better intentions and change the path for good!

sometimes i watch my animals, and think.. " im looking to your eyes, and can feel you... but it must be so.. bad to be on your body, with your limitations, cannot think well, not smart like we humans are.." its like a dead person? they only can eat and watch? its sad.. why they choose to be on that body .. thats weird.

i would like to see if incarnating in an alien body is on my history game catalog.

3. Link to Post #43
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MiguelQ (here)
    sometimes i watch my animals, and think.. " im looking to your eyes, and can feel you... but it must be so.. bad to be on your body, with your limitations, cannot think well, not smart like we humans are.." its like a dead person? they only can eat and watch? its sad.. why they choose to be on that body .. thats weird.
    I think each spirit is a fragment of God's conscience, and that there are spirits 'incarnated' everywhere, from a rock to a human and beyond. It is just about how much awareness each spirit has. A spirit may choose to expand or to shrink awareness, and any way is good as long as it is what that spirit desires to experience. References to the 'evil one' appear in many spiritual systems and I think the basic idea is that an extremely powerful spirit (immense awareness) chose to play god and created his own limited playground/prision for spirits where true free will is compromised through deception (the only way at the spirit level).

I am with you that I'll like to expand my awareness, but other people want to dissolve into God, into the void to find peace. It is another way and it is also beautiful.
    Last edited by Wood; 6th January 2011 at 23:23.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Post:

Shane_Original (7th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #44
    Inelia

- "But I don't believe in reincarnation!" he protested.
    - SQUEAK.
    - And this, Mr Pounder understood with absolute rodent clarity, meant:
    Reincarnation believes in you.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Maskerade)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Inelia For This Post:

13th Warrior (7th January 2011)

7. Link to Post #45
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

i dont know if i want the upgrade or connect with source.. but one think im sure, this world cannot continue like this. And i think this why homosexuality is becoming more popular.. no kids born, less souls arriving... perhaps the ONE already cached enough information, and now it does not need anymore.

8. Link to Post #46
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Quote And i think this why homosexuality is becoming more popular
    Hi MiguelQ, is this really what you meant to say??????? Homosexuality is not a choice or a fad like going out to buy the latest pair of popular shoes. Its part of who one is. It is no more "popular" now than it ever was, its just that we are more accepting of it and people are comfortable with that and are open about it. The animal kingdom is the same - dolphins monkey etc. Not "popular" but alternative to heterosexuals.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

10. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

After many years of thinking and studying about this issue I truly believe in reincarnation, which in itself is an odd conclusion to reach from a guy that went to Catholic schools his entire life and gave serious thought to becoming a priest, I discovered women and the priesthood was jettisoned rather quickly.

My earliest memory in this life was choosing to come to this planet, before I arrived I was tasked with learning certain things and correcting certain behaviors, they are of a personal nature which I do not want to get into here. Being raised in a religious manner, I was challenged with holding on to this memory because everyone and everything around me was saying this could not be so, this does not happen, this way of thinking is fantasy nor does it fit in with what the bible wants us to believe. To say it was a struggle to hold on to my first memory is an understatement. I, like college kids of today underwent an indoctrination and not an education.

A period of enlightenment or discovery was probably the worst time of my life. My wife and I were living in Paris, the house was paid for by the company I worked for so it was extremely nice. It had an actual library in it, all the books were in French so I had to find my own reading material elsewhere. For two years I would go to work and come home and lock myself in the library and read. I started with the bible, the New Testament, the Old Testament. Then I turned my attention to reincarnation, I read every book, article or story that I could get my hands on. My appetite for anything reincarnation was voracious.

This obsession almost cost me my marriage, it certainly did not build any solid relationships with my young children but I had to know the answer, I had to reach a place where this is either a false belief or this is absolutely true. After reading, and more importantly thinking I found the answer.

It was right in front of me the entire time. It was the first memory, it was vivid, it was real and it was honest. I tried so hard through science and intellectual means to prove or disprove reincarnation. I worked so hard and sacrificed almost everything but the answer was in front of me the entire time.

My point of sharing this much personal information about my life is that most of the time the answer is already in you! You already have the truth you just need to find a way to unlock it.

Pixel, good thought and good question!
    Last edited by rgray222; 7th January 2011 at 01:07.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Shane_Original (7th January 2011), xm15e2 (7th January 2011)

12. Link to Post #48
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Hi MiguelQ, is this really what you meant to say??????? Homosexuality is not a choice or a fad like going out to buy the latest pair of popular shoes. Its part of who one is. It is no more "popular" now than it ever was, its just that we are more accepting of it and people are comfortable with that and are open about it. The animal kingdom is the same - dolphins monkey etc. Not "popular" but alternative to heterosexuals.
    no i dont meant to say its a choice.. i mean because people are accepting it more, it means that, no more kids perhaps are need to be born, its like the cycle is getting completed, there is no more urge to incarnate! the souls portal is closing...

I know what homosexual means because im one part of it ;P
    my mission is not to have kids or something.. im just a visitor

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MiguelQ For This Post:

witchy1 (7th January 2011)

14. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 1,094 posts

Spiritual work is the key. Good point you made....it's working for me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

16. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by atut (here)
    What if your mother did not marry to your father? Because your father found another more beautiful girl. Or because your mother found another rich guy.
    If so, then you were not born, you are not who you are today, you are not browsing the Internet now, you are not login to Avalon, you are not looking at this message. YOU ARE NOT EXIST!

Then, where are you now?
    Hi, Atut, 'You' are not your body. 'You' are not the result of your mother and father. 'You' are not who you think you are, if this is who you think you are.

This physicality you are inhabiting at this moment is a vehicle which enables 'You' to intereact with this version of reality and you chose that for what use it would be to your growth while in your higher state.

I like this from the Gnostics: 29 - Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, 2but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels. 3 Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

18. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pixel (here)
    Hello,

I see in a lot of the replies on this forum posts about reincarnation stated with a tone of obvious facts:

"You chose to be here now!"

"You came here to do this and that!"

"You chose your family and environment"

"This is a bad place to incarnate on right now"

"You came here to help"

And I have only one question... How do you know?

For me reincarnation makes a lot of sense from a logical point of view. And I know there is evidence to support this theory. But for me this is all it is at this moment: a theory that makes sense and that I really like to believe in (because it relives the fear of death/destruction).

So, for you folks that say you chose to come here, how do you know that? How do you know you have not been sent here as punishment? Or as a promotion? Or as a chance to learn something new? Or to redeem yourselves? How can you be so sure when you are talking about reincarnation?

I would imagine that some of you have a conscious memory or a feeling of having made a choice to come here? Or perhaps a higher point of view than myself.

Please note that I am not attacking anybody, I am just curious and trying to make sense of what I may have come here to do
    Hi Pixel.
    I don't think that this is something you can convince anyone of. It is something they must find the truth of for themselves. The way I see it, is that by seeing and removing from ourselves that which is false we see what is truth.
    Last edited by Teakai; 7th January 2011 at 01:39.

19. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 13th Warrior (here)
    Why have I been created?

Is my purpose here to evolve into a higher spiritual being?

The more I learn the more i want to learn; eventually reaching the point where i realize that i have more to learn than I could possible achieve in a single lifetime...even if I where to live 1000 years in one lifetime.

Then the answer to your question becomes clear; you need many lifetimes to learn all the lessons this world has to teach and for you to "get it right".

"And that's all I have to say about that"
    Hi, 13th warrior,

39 Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. 2 They have not entered, nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. 3As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."
    (From the gospel of Thomas)

Maybe this is why the process takes such a long time.
    They did it then, they’re doing it still.
    Last edited by Teakai; 7th January 2011 at 01:51.

20. Link to Post #53
    Ilie Pandia

Hey,

I feel some clarification is needed. I do not need to be convinced about reincarnation being real or not. I am convinced, just that is an "intellectual" thing not a personal experience yet.

I got my answer to my question in various forms: some have always have had a memory before birth that they are sure of, others have remembered things later on in life, others have access to some knowledge that validates this for them. I got all this.

As I have said in the original post, I have asked this question to mostly help myself, to maybe understand better some of my own experiences (that thus far are not very clear). So I thank you for your help

21. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by Beth; 7th January 2011 at 02:41.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xm15e2 For This Post:

noprophet (7th January 2011), rgray222 (7th January 2011)

23. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

Greetings Teakai,

Thank you for your comment!

You have chosen scripture as your guide; I have not.

I hope you find it to be a usefull vehicle.

Pixel,

I think i know where you are comming from. The word thought is powerfull; the word spoken even more so... It helps me greatly to think out loud.

24. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pixel (here)
    Hey,

I feel some clarification is needed. I do not need to be convinced about reincarnation being real or not. I am convinced, just that is an "intellectual" thing not a personal experience yet.

I got my answer to my question in various forms: some have always have had a memory before birth that they are sure of, others have remembered things later on in life, others have access to some knowledge that validates this for them. I got all this.

As I have said in the original post, I have asked this question to mostly help myself, to maybe understand better some of my own experiences (that thus far are not very clear). So I thank you for your help
    Hi Pixel, forgive me if I'm wrong, but your reply comes across as a little defensive. Perhaps you have taken my post in a tone that wasn't intended.

And, if you're convinced it exists - then you must know you have already had personal experience
    Last edited by Teakai; 7th January 2011 at 07:23.

25. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ;91155
    Greetings Teakai,

Thank you for your comment!

You have chosen scripture as your guide; I have not.
    I hope you find it to be a usefull vehicle.

Pixel,

I think i know where you are comming from. The word thought is powerfull; the word spoken even more so... It helps me greatly to think out loud.
    No I haven’t 13th Warrior – that’s an amazingly broad assumption you drew from just one quote.
    And the quote wasn't from scripture.
    Last edited by Teakai; 7th January 2011 at 06:58.

26. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

Hi Teakai,

I haven't written anything offensive, yet you've taken offense?

My assumption is only based upon what you've written and nothing more.

I thank you for your quote. It may hold value for you but, I am sorry that i find little value in it for myself.

27. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

I have posted on a thread called "the Creator" once before and I saw this posted one more time on PA but for those that have not read it, its worth your time. It is a story written by Andy Weir called "The Egg". I think it is appropriate for this thread! On my site I call it "I am every man".

http://www.educatinghumanity.com/p/i-am-every-man.html

28. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a disconnect in my mind about the notion 'we have come here to learn' and the idea that 'we are immortal beings having a mortal experience'. If we are immortal beings, then we already know everything. What's to learn? Would coming here introduce us to something new? How could that be? Also, there are a number of researchers --George Kavassilas georgekavassilas.org and Robert Morningsky come to mind--who put forth the idea we were tricked into coming here to be slaves and got stuck. This whole 'you chose to be here' meme may have been designed to keep us placid and cooperative and not investigate what is going on too closely. Just my 2c...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyrap For This Post:

MiguelQ (7th January 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast