+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Tomorrow People" -- UK and USA versions - Evolved souls and secret government

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

Default "The Tomorrow People" -- UK and USA versions - Evolved souls and secret government

I don't think people have watched this but equally I'm greatful if you have. I watched the only one season and I wished that it carried on. p
    In a nutshell, the USA version featured Robbie Amell, Mark Pellogrino and Peyton List to name a few.
    They are all evolved humans and have three main powers called the three T's.
    Telepathy, Telekinesis and Teleportation. There is a secret government enforced to track them down and eliminate them one by one. So they go to help other break outs aka awakening people. They protect themselves and have to go underground from the government.
    I thought the programme was really good but I'd like to compare it to those light workers who have developed high powers or skills and have been a target or not just like the programme. Teleportation is possible with a light body it's not the mind that does it but it's more of the dimensional shifts that after being free from fear your heart can be in various places at one time.
    I just wondered if it's a true reflection of what is going on at the moment and targeted individuals are just what they are doing. I wonder if you think that they pulled the show because it's too outing their secret programme as it did get a great following.
    Any ways I am a fan of the programme and it's very relevant to the forum

What do you all think?
    Angels
    Last edited by Angels1981; 17th February 2019 at 18:06. Reason: add on

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (17th February 2019), AriG (19th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (18th February 2019), Inversion (21st February 2019), Orph (19th February 2019), petra (18th February 2019), Spellbound (18th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019), Valerie Villars (17th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member celticwarrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: "The Tomorrow People" -- UK and USA versions - Evolved souls and secret government

Hi Jo,
    Not seen it. Where is it available? Will have a search. Currently binge watching Travelers second season on netflix. Enjoying that. You can guess from the title what it's about 😊
    Cheers. CW

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to celticwarrior For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (18th February 2019), justntime2learn (18th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: "The Tomorrow People" -- UK and USA versions - Evolved souls and secret government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDppJEzqg3Y
    they only show the trailers but if you are based in the USA but if you live in USA I think you can get it on Netflix usa only.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

astridmari (19th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

I remember watching some of these a lad, would quite spook me out at the time.

Thames Television clearly made these on a small budget, but they were expertly written. Check out S01E01 from circa 1973:

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

astridmari (19th February 2019), Inversion (21st February 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019), Valerie Villars (17th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Oh happyuk, I've got to watch the other 4 episodes now.

Thanks haven't seen them in a l o n g time

Angels1981 thanks for the heads up, I'll try watching the new version
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

happyuk (17th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019), Valerie Villars (17th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Oh happyuk, I've got to watch the other 4 episodes now.

Thanks haven't seen them in a l o n g time

Angels1981 thanks for the heads up, I'll try watching the new version
    Enjoy. You may remember one other classic BBC program from the seventies "Survivors", written by Terry Nation I think, also brilliantly conceived and superbly acted and written.

It dealt with a similar theme of a post-apocalyptic Britain with no government, with more than 95% of the population wiped out. The survivors flee industrial civilisation and begin to establish new settlements, becoming a catalyst for a new new social order.

This one episode in particular I watched as a 9 year old "Mad Dog" gave me nightmares for days:

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Angels1981 (17th February 2019), astridmari (19th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

LOL Typical BBC or English drama. I have to laugh and I totally prefer Robbie Amell who plays Stephen. lol. What is creepy is that they knew about this stuff back in the 1970's and was back then. So what if it was true!!! how much would they know now. How much do they know now and I think it's on a frequency level. I loved the series and yes you have to grab a copy from somewhere and watch it all. Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Angels1981; 17th February 2019 at 18:05. Reason: ironically my english lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (18th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

One of the premises is there are two brothers, one has tomorrow abilities, one not. So the one without abilities heads the organization that is trying to enslave and control those with. So two brothers, one jealous, big long drawn out battle same old story, just higher tech settings.

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (18th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yeah Stephen dad v his uncle jed. lol I hear ya. What I'm trying to establish is any covert or relatable things with evolved people some beliefs are building a light quota and merging with your other half enables you to be a twin flame aka Stephen v Cara part of the series. That's what I was spotting and their connections are similar to how twin flames can talk in spirit to each other.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

happyuk (17th February 2019), petra (18th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (18th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Angels1981 (here)
    Yeah Stephen dad v his uncle jed. lol I hear ya. What I'm trying to establish is any covert or relatable things with evolved people some beliefs are building a light quota and merging with your other half enables you to be a twin flame aka Stephen v Cara part of the series. That's what I was spotting and their connections are similar to how twin flames can talk in spirit to each other.

I am at a loss when it comes to the idea of covert agents etc, I have never encountered anything that was external like that. Even ideas like negative aliens, or dark angels attacking human beings on some level seem to be symptoms of beliefs to me. So when watching this series I thought of the two brothers as being two apparent parts of a greater whole, somewhat similar to the twin flame idea. I try to see all relationships in that light, apparent divisions in the one infinite self. The Stephen vs Cara storyline is less adversarial, but still a version of the division story, as well as seeking what lies within oneself, outside oneself.
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (18th February 2019), petra (18th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (18th February 2019), toppy (18th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Thanks for this. Just knowing it's out there makes me proud. Not long ago, I'd have called bs on all three. But oh how times have changed!

Telekinesis

I know nothing of, but my thoughts did try to convince me I could control fire once. Pyrokinesis is where it starts to get scary I think. Who would even want that. Like rogue on x men, her power is awful, no one wants to be rogue.

Teleportation

You technically don't go anywhere. It's like being blind and paralyzed and deaf at the same time. Time travel is real too, the travel trips people up though since you don't actually travel😀

Telepathy

Strong connection to channeling, which has always been a turn off for me. Jokes on me though I guess, because now I hear weird crap regardless if I want to or not. Not just words either, images, feelings.

As for covert operations, I could swear something looked through my friend right at me. My heart sank. Illusion or not, that hurt. It was an evil look. If anything has ever given you that look, you'd remember. I had one in a dream once too (yuck)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

happyuk (20th February 2019), johnf (18th February 2019), Valerie Villars (18th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Thanks for this. Just knowing it's out there makes me proud. Not long ago, I'd have called bs on all three. But oh how times have changed!

Telekinesis

I know nothing of, but my thoughts did try to convince me I could control fire once. Pyrokinesis is where it starts to get scary I think. Who would even want that. Like rogue on x men, her power is awful, no one wants to be rogue.

Teleportation

You technically don't go anywhere. It's like being blind and paralyzed and deaf at the same time. Time travel is real too, the travel trips people up though since you don't actually travel😀

Telepathy

Strong connection to channeling, which has always been a turn off for me. Jokes on me though I guess, because now I hear weird crap regardless if I want to or not. Not just words either, images, feelings.

As for covert operations, I could swear something looked through my friend right at me. My heart sank. Illusion or not, that hurt. It was an evil look. If anything has ever given you that look, you'd remember. I had one in a dream once too (yuck)

These shows can be exciting, but I try to keep in mind that focusing on overt external abilities rather than sorting out personal will issues, and letting ones will fit the greater reality more is where the foundation building is at. I remember a lot of teachings about siddhis point out that the use of them have a downward pull on the subject, meaning they can pull the person towards seeking power rather than healing the reason for that power. There is a author who went to India looking for the secrets to spiritual power, and he offered a teacher lots of money to show him these secrets. The teachers response was why do you want power, what is it you are afraid of. This question took hold in the seekers mind till he arrived at a point where he had healed his own separation from others, and from the greater reality. He went on to start an organization that helps homeless children in Nepal, and has written a few books on spiritual seeking vs real spiritual growth. That Authors name is Stephen Harrison.

The super power thing is very popular in shows in our society, and I think it might be a deliberate red herring, just as (at least for me) external bad guy themes are also red herrings. I think that healing the inner wounds that keep us looking for flashy external things is the first thing we need to focus on, and lack of real progress in that endeavor is what leads to all of the problems in our external world, because people are trying to get more to escape the feelings they have inside of themselves that they are not enough, when in reality we are enough for whatever comes at us. That isn't to say that there is no such things as agents who look for those with gifts and try to stunt them or subvert them to their agendas, but I am convinced that individuals experiencing that have gotten to a place where they have the inner resources to handle the situation and progress beyond it.

John

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

happyuk (20th February 2019), petra (18th February 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I think John's right about the super power thing, it's just so common I keep hearing it over and over.

I don't think I was controlling fire at all, it was more of an elaborate hoax. I'm very easy to trick apparently😜 as for the other two I've pretty much feel as if I've had telepathy and teleportation "demonstrated" already.

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Never heard of this series, given time and space. It has a very ‘Dr. Who’ vibe, from just watching a few minutes.

Loved the kid walking out of the Samsung curved screen tv- talk about time travel!

Alas, we are truly all time travelers into the future..or better yet observing in superposition for what comes next while still resolving yesterday.

27. Link to Post #15
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I can do telepathy but I used to know who was saying what. Apparently, if someone talks to you or knows you or your meeting up in this lifetime. Your spirits talk a head of the meet. I've done it shed loads of times. Each to your own. Never tried Telekinesis but teleportation is possible with a light body. Long story but the more higher you reach dimensionally you can be at three places at once. Or that you can travel in spirit without your head aka ego even knowing. It's too dense you have to get rid of the fear and lower negative energies and believe it. lol.

+ Reply to Thread