+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: A theory of kidneys, high blood pressure and toxins (Bonus: how I'm treating an infected tooth)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Default A theory of kidneys, high blood pressure and toxins (Bonus: how I'm treating an infected tooth)

It occurred to me this morning that the conventional (Western allopathetic) wisdom on kidneys and high blood pressure has the cart before the horse (as it so often does.) Apparently those doctors are neither horse veterinarians nor cart mechanics.

First, some background. What is a kidney, how is it constructed, and what does it do?

The kidneys are constructed much like the lungs. Both have bazillions of almost identical organelles, which do, in mass parallelism, the same task.
    • The organelles (alveoli) in the lungs transfer CO2 (carbon dioxide) from the blood to the air, and transfer O2 (oxygen) the opposite way.
    • The organelles (nephrons) in the kidneys are like miniature reverse osmosis filters, as they divide the incoming blood stream into two output streams, one containing more concentrated toxins that becomes urine, and the other containing cleaner blood that remains in circulation.
    Unlike the liver, which is the complex laboratory of a Mad Scientist, able to store, release, construct and deconstruct a wide variety of compounds, the lungs and kidneys each do one thing, the same thing, in parallel, in high volume.

We each have two kidneys.
    There are about one million nephrons in the average human kidney:
    This video provides a short, delightful, explanation of how kidney nephrons work:

From the BiologyDictionary.com:

==========
    Nephron Definition

A nephron is the basic unit of structure in the kidney. A nephron is used separate to water, ions and small molecules from the blood, filter out wastes and toxins, and return needed molecules to the blood. The nephron functions through ultrafiltration. Ultrafiltration occurs when blood pressure forces water and other small molecules through tiny gaps in capillary walls. This substance, lacking the blood cells and large molecules in the bloodstream, is known as an ultrafiltrate. The ultrafiltrate travels through the various loops of the nephron, where water and important molecules are removed, and into a collecting duct which drains into the bladder.

Function of a Nephron

A nephron is responsible for removing waste products, stray ions, and excess water from the blood. The blood travels through the glomerulus, which is surrounded by the glomerular capsule. As the heart pumps the blood, the pressure created pushes small molecules through the capillaries and into the glomerular capsule.
    ==========

So ... what is my conjecture?

I would suggest that two of the reasons that the heart pumps stronger and faster, raising pulse rates and blood pressure, are:
    • Need more cowbell. No, not that one silly.
    • Need more lung, when working or exercising hard.
    • Need more kidney, when too much bad stuff in blood.
    Michael Phelps will not breath as hard, nor pump his blood as hard, nor raise his blood pressure as much, after a couple of easy laps in the swimming pool as will Queen Margrethe of Demark.

Michael Phelps:
    Queen Margrethe:
    That's because Michael has bigger and better lungs.

I would also suggest that high blood pressure does not cause kidney damage, but rather that damaged kidneys cause high blood pressure. If either (1) the supply of bad stuff into the blood (more toxins in our food, water, air and surrounds or more disease and inflammation in the body) goes up, or (2) if the filtering ability of the kidneys goes down, then I suppose that the body raises blood pressure, in an effort to get more filtering done by the kidneys.

The primary conjecture:
    The body can (if tissues are healthy) handle a wide range of rates and pressures in the hearts, lungs, kidneys, and arteries. Moreover, the body will make good use of this flexibility, increasing or decreasing the rates and pressures, as more or less lung, or more or less kidney, function is needed.
    What I've personally noticed, over the last couple of months, while dealing with an infection at the root of a tooth (brought on by my own neglect) is that my blood pressure rose when the infection was most actively releasing toxins into my blood, but that now as I have treated and substantially reduced the infection, my blood pressure first thing in the morning is back to its healthy low levels (about 115 over 65, give or take), but is still higher than normal for me during the day.

My speculation about these blood pressure readings is that I've reduced the toxic load from the infections sufficiently that my kidneys are able to catch up and get the blood clean sometime during the rest and healing time of sleep, but can't yet quite keep up as easily during the day, when I am active.

If I had a means to measure blood pressure several times during the night, as I slept, I predict that a measure of my health would be how soon in the night my blood pressure lowered down to its base level. The sooner in the night it lowered, the closer I would be to reducing the toxic load from the infection below what I could easily keep cleaned up.

Moral of the story (for me ... I am my doctor, not your doctor): Don't lower your blood pressure (especially not with prescription drugs) in order to save your kidneys. Rather lower the toxins in your blood, so as to save your kidneys, which will then naturally lower your blood pressure.

Bonus

My new experimental, short term, ameliorative, treatment for abscessed teeth: put 5 or 10 drops of Nascent Iodine in one tablespoon of water and swish that around your mouth a few times a day. Nascent Iodine, the alcohol tincture, when added to water, will (for the next hour or so) provide the most easily absorbed form of iodine available. So this should result in the tissues in the mouth having raised iodine levels. Iodine has long been used as a fast acting, broad spectrum antiseptic, and rather than being toxic itself to the body (as most presecription antibiotics are), iodine is an essential micro-nutrient (that we are often in short supply of in our diet.) Primarily through use of this treatment, along with large (20 or 30 gms/day) doses of Vitamin C, I lowered my morning blood pressure by about 40 points systolic and 20 points diastolic, and I lowered my C Reactive Protein (CRP) from 5.5 to 3.5. The oral infection has gone from quite discomforting, certainly chewing and even sleep disrupting, to hardly noticeable at all.

Caveat: the above speculations and treatment have never to my knowledge been tested in a double blind, placebo controlled, randomized, long running, large population cross over clinical trial. To the best of my knowledge, they have only ever been self-administered by one patient, myself, without adequate measurements or records, for one short time period. For all I know, they might cause your dog's hair to fall out and your parakeet to fall off its perch.

P.S. Yes, I do expect to pull the dead tooth. I am presently interviewing dentists for that work.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 20th February 2019 at 03:45.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

amor (20th February 2019), Arcturian108 (21st February 2019), avid (19th February 2019), Baby Steps (20th February 2019), Bhusunda (20th March 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), Blacklight43 (19th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), christian (19th February 2019), Constance (7th March 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (19th February 2019), DNA (20th February 2019), enigma3 (20th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (19th February 2019), ErtheVessel (20th February 2019), Franny (21st February 2019), Jake (20th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), Matt P (20th February 2019), meeradas (20th February 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Mike (19th February 2019), Orph (19th February 2019), Peace in Oz (4th February 2021), petra (7th March 2019), RunningDeer (19th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Sophocles (19th February 2019), Stephanie (20th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st February 2019), Swan (20th February 2019), Tam (20th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,637 times in 2,654 posts

Default Re: A theory of kidneys, high blood pressure and toxins (Bonus: how I'm treating an infected tooth)

As a sufferer of severe kidney stones since puberty, 3 major ops, many sessions under the vibrating lithotripsy machine to disintegrate stones to passable dust, I am excited by your observations. Nothing above helped me, still must logically drink loads to flush, don’t eat oxalic stuff like celery, rhubarb, asparagus etc. Years of nothing now - wondering if I will escape yet a ghastly final destruction due to stones, does chocolate count? Thanks Paul, you are almost always a great source to put one’s mind at rest, I never ever want to go through that agony again - the worst pain one can imagine, even when the evil woman with a canula stabs you directly in the back - yet misses - and has to do it again, to relieve kidney pressure, to place a temporary urine bag on your back, no anaesthesia. Nowadays, it will be fine, this sort of thing would never happen. Please moderate this post Paul, to private? Don’t want to scare folk, but need you to really know. Thanks...

After years, my blood pressure is still high, so resigned to medication.

Strangely, I have a severe phobia against dentists, probably due to unnecessary procedures, have you supplied a correlation? Or an excuse... 😉
    Last edited by avid; 19th February 2019 at 21:41.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Baby Steps (14th October 2021), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (19th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Orph (19th February 2019), petra (7th March 2019), RunningDeer (19th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Stephanie (20th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st February 2019), ThePythonicCow (19th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: A theory of kidneys, high blood pressure and toxins (Bonus: how I'm treating an infected tooth)

Paul, just be careful with that tooth infection. If the infection is not addressed, the bacteria can damage your heart as in congestive heart failure. This happened to my stubborn grandfather, who refused to go to a dentist.

Interestingly, he was also on kidney dialysis, at home, but the doctors (well what do they know) said it was the bacteria in his blood stream, from the infected tooth which caused the heart to fail.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

avid (19th February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (19th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Orph (19th February 2019), petra (7th March 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Stephanie (20th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st February 2019), ThePythonicCow (19th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Your basic theory may make sense. I remember an ex member here who was bipolar and who was taking quite a load of lithium telling me that she constantly had kidney stones because of the lithium - and other kidney ailments. She was probably toxic. I am sure you know whom I am talking about, from Montreal

Also diabetis goes hand in hand with kidney problems if badly control because of the heavily taxing sugar in the blood that the kidneys have to process. So anything too heavy to filter would surely damage the kidneys

High blood pressure to increase theblood through kidneys, or to force the kidneys to open up to too heavy toxic material, would make sense too.

Thanks for your description of kidneys and their processes, very helpful.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

avid (19th February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (19th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), petra (7th March 2019), Stephanie (20th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st February 2019), ThePythonicCow (19th February 2019), Valerie Villars (19th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    As a sufferer of severe kidney stones
    Fortunately, I've missed out on being an expert, for lack of personal experience, formal education, training, clinical experience or research experience, regarding kidney stones .

My current, perhaps totally misguided, understandings are:
    • that kidney stones are calcium oxalate stones,
    • that they are more likey to form when there is excess free calcium in the body,
    • that too much calcium relative to its chemical alter-ego magnesium can cause this excess,
    • that raising magnesium levels is one way to restore calcium-magnesium balance, and
    • that besides diet, transdermal magnesium is also a good way to raise magnesium levels.
    I have mentioned transdermal magnesium about a dozen times in the last eight years in my posts here. My symptoms for low magnesium are fortunately much less significant than other possible symptoms such as kidney stones, osteoporosis, and atrial fibrullation (aka heart attack). When my magnesium stores get low, I have a muscle in a minor old leg wound that twitches, or get minor calf muscle cramps when first waking up. I apply some transdermal magnesium a few times over the next few days, and the symptoms disappear for a while. I also have a lot of calcium in my diet, more than I need, as I have been very fond of dairy products (the best milk, cheese, and butter I can get) all my life. So I need a larger than average amount of magnesium to balance that.

To see my prior mentions of transdermal magnesium (though they might not say much more than I just did) go to Advanced Search (right side in page header), choose to "Show Results" as "Posts", with Keyword "transdermal", by "User Name" of "Paul" (checking "Exact Name") and then click "Search Now".

Please moderate this post Paul, to private?
    I am not sure what you're requesting here. Nor do I see a reason to move your (quite fine) post out of public view, unless (quite possibly and reasonably) your concerns revolve around not disclosing some personal details publicly. Could you raise your concern or suggestion again and clarify for me? Thanks.

Strangely, I have a severe phobia against dentists, probably due to unnecessary procedures, have you supplied a correlation? Or an excuse... 😉
    I personally don't have a phobia of dentists. My problem is more than I am bull headed. I don't do what experts tell me to do. Rather I have to figure it out myself, or die trying. Fortunately the "figuring out" has won over the "dying" part ... so far, and with sufficient success that I remain committed to this path.

My problems with dentists have not been so much with unnecessary procedures, as with "standard of care" procedures (mercury, root canals, fluoride, ...) and ignorance of the interaction of oral health with the health of the rest of the body.

Once I figure out that a particular procedure, that I lack the skills, experience, equipment and staff to perform on myself, is a procedure I want, then I shop for a dentist who has those skills, experience, equipment and staff, and who is enthusiastic about that procedure. That's what I am doing now, to permanently remove and clean out this current infection.

... however I probably didn't answer your question or cogently address your observation, because I didn't quite understand it. You're of course welcome to restate. Sorry.

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Paul, just be careful with that tooth infection. If the infection is not addressed, the bacteria can damage your heart as in congestive heart failure. This happened to my stubborn grandfather, who refused to go to a dentist.

Interestingly, he was also on kidney dialysis, at home, but the doctors (well what do they know) said it was the bacteria in his blood stream, from the infected tooth which caused the heart to fail.
    Yes - teeth and other oral (periodontal -- of the tissues around the tooth) disease are by some accounts the most prevalent, persistent, and pernicious source of major chronic illnesses and associated deaths, including coronary and cerebral artery diseases, cancers and Alzheimer's.

Either that oral infection goes or I go ... this body is not big enough for both of us.

While I find a good dentist (I need more work done than just this), my present short term tactic is to buy time, with various treatments as the afore mentioned iodine and Vitamin C, as well as ozone, both topically applied using ozonated hemp and/or olive oils and injected into the infected area by a dentist, and monitoring using blood tests for my C Reactive Protein and my blood pressure readings, as per above.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 20th February 2019 at 00:04.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (20th February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), Blacklight43 (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), ErtheVessel (20th February 2019), Flash (20th February 2019), meeradas (20th February 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Peace in Oz (4th February 2021), petra (7th March 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Stephanie (20th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,734 times in 2,089 posts

Reading your threads on this topic, years ago had high blood pressure, ran into a body builder on a plane, he told me to do the following : no fast food, no pop, no deep fried foods, and no dark liquor. I did that for 3 months and my blood pressure was perfectly normal after that, doc couldn't believe it.

Fast forward to 20 years now, guess what I have it again and am doing the program again. Didn't want to go on any meds. Problem is now I have that periodontal disease in a mild stage, My gums look great and so do my teeth, its just buried under so I'm gonna get that treatment done soon. And yes I have kidney stones but thank god its been a while since one of those babies dropped. And now to my blood pressure, I spoke to the doc the other day and he said if I keep doing what I'm doing I will be able to get off these blood pressure pills . Oh yeah and I have cramps too especially when I sweat at work. I'm a welder by trade, still work with alot of heavy stuff. But after doing this for over 40 years , yeah it takes it toll on your body.

I do think the periodontal thing is a big problem for the rest of problems and no I'm not going to let it go. The dentist told me 40-50% of Americans have some form of this and it is manageable as long as you go in for cleaning on a scheduled basis.Didn't go to the dentist for 7 years, didn't have any cavaties either even after all that time. But this other stuff creeped in there. So it goes , I thought I was taking care of my teeth but it needed the deep cleanings which I didn't do. I'll get it straightened out though. So yeah I think all of this is interconnected. Especially from what all you wrote. As always grateful for the avalon family.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), Blacklight43 (20th February 2019), Bubu (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), Flash (20th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Stephanie (20th February 2019), ThePythonicCow (20th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 times in 133 posts

Paul - this is such a great post, I want to clarify if this is a typo:

"Unlike the liver, which is the complex laboratory of a Mad Scientist, able to store, release, construct and deconstruct a wide variety of compounds, the lungs and livers each do one thing, the same thing, in parallel, in high volume."

Did you mean this to say "kidneys" ?

I think your theory makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing your health explorations!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), cursichella1 (25th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), ThePythonicCow (20th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

This is something I wanted to see. Trying to come up with how everything works since science only teaches us what is wrong almost all of the time.

Paul, what makes you thing that high blood pressure will damage kidney. do you think the pressure will rupture the kidney. Or is the mainstream telling us that. From my perspective increase blood pressure due to infection is due to the action of body to put more blood in circulation per unit time. In the case of kidney since the body wants to get rid of toxins at quickest possible time and the kidney is only functioning half of its capacity the body will attempt to pump double the blood to compensate for the kidney failure. But in a healthy person with nerves clean and functioning properly, blood pressure should increase only minutely. My other theory is that since modern human has an abundant of toxins more than the body can handle its either the kidney or the blood which will be sacrifice. Meaning if kidney tries to cope up more than it can handle then its breaks down due to stress. If however kidney says enough most of the toxins is stored in the blood. Remember blood is the vehicle of nutrients garbage and oxygen. If garbage is stored in the blood for failure of kidney to clean, the vehicle (blood) carries with it the garbage as it go with its journey around, delivery of nutrients oxygen and garbage is not efficient. That' s why the body becomes sick with less nutrients and oxygen and an abundance of garbage. It is with this scenario that a host of modern diseases kicks in. Starting from arthritis, diabetes, high blood, heart disease, cancer and many more. That is why for any modern disease I always go for blood cleansing first. Because no matter how much nutrition we stuff in our mouth without proper delivery it will still be malnutrition
    Last edited by Bubu; 20th February 2019 at 02:45.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), ThePythonicCow (20th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ErtheVessel (here)
    Paul - this is such a great post, I want to clarify if this is a typo:

"Unlike the liver, which is the complex laboratory of a Mad Scientist, able to store, release, construct and deconstruct a wide variety of compounds, the lungs and livers each do one thing, the same thing, in parallel, in high volume."

Did you mean this to say "kidneys" ?
    Good catch, thanks! Fixed.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), ErtheVessel (20th February 2019), petra (7th March 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Paul, what makes you thing that high blood pressure will damage kidney. do you think the pressure will rupture the kidney. Or is the mainstream telling us that.
    I don't think that high blood pressure (within a wide range) damages kidneys.

Rather I figured (without really checking) that kidney damage would be one of the "consequences" (in the mainstream medical view) that people with high blood pressure would be warned about, by the mainstream medical doctors.
    "If you don't get that blood pressure down, then your chances of bad outcomes X, Y, Z, and K (kidney failure) increase! Here's a prescription to lower your blood pressure." -- Mainstream Doctor
    I would remind any such mainstream doctor that correlation is not causation. I will choose myself to seek out the primary causes of maladies, rather than try to mask the symptoms (with toxic and expensive pharmaceuticals that profit Big Pharma, no less.)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), Blacklight43 (20th February 2019), Bubu (20th February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Paul, what makes you thing that high blood pressure will damage kidney. do you think the pressure will rupture the kidney. Or is the mainstream telling us that.

Rather I figured (without really checking) that kidney damage would be one of the "consequences" (in the mainstream medical view) that people with high blood pressure would be warned about, by the mainstream medical doctors.
    "If you don't get that blood pressure down, then your chances of bad outcomes X, Y, Z, and K (kidney failure) increase! Here's a prescription to lower your blood pressure." -- Mainstream Doctor
    I would remind any such mainstream doctor that correlation is not causation. I will choose myself to seek out the primary causes of maladies, rather than try to mask the symptoms (with toxic and expensive pharmaceuticals that profit Big Pharma, no less.)
    With diabetis, the primary cause is diabetis, too much sugar in the blood. Which causes high blood pressure which both, sugar and high blood pressure, causes kidneys problems. Your toxins syndrome makes much sense as the primary source. Not blood pressure in itself being the source, blood pressure would not be the cause.

I am pretty sure most doctors know about that.

You have high blood pressure: control your sugar and exercise (to eliminate the sugar), they both may become more normal. This is what diabetics are told.

Making the jump to include all toxins is not that difficult.
    Last edited by Flash; 20th February 2019 at 06:28.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bubu (20th February 2019), ThePythonicCow (20th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

With diabetis, the primary cause is diabetis, too much sugar in the blood. Which causes high blood pressure which both, sugar and high blood pressure, causes kidneys problems. Your toxins syndrome makes much sense as the primary source. Not blood pressure in itself being the source, blood pressure would not be the cause.

I am pretty sure most doctors know about that.

You have high blood pressure: control your sugar and exercise (to eliminate the sugar), they both may become more normal. This is what diabetics are told.

"Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas is no longer able to make insulin or when the body cannot make good use of the insulin it produces."

from this definition we can presume that to fix diabetes we need to fix the pancreas so it can produce insulin. MSM system however gives insulin instead, as if telling the pancreas its okay you can sleep forever we will provide the insulin forever. In the other type of diabetes its the inability of insulin to bind to sugars if I remember correctly its because of lack of coq10 which acts as a fuse.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

yep there is a correlation as it comes from one cause, toxins. that is why these diseases normally go together, which MSM doctors call complications.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Another scenario worth considering. With the body unable to get rid of garbage, dead tissues mostly, combined with high sugars in the system and with the action of microbione fermentation is most likely which is equal to acid. Cancer thrives in acidic environment and with less oxygen and of course arthritis is cause by to much uric acid. Clogged and hardened arteries are also a result of too much garbage and acid which is equal to high blood pressure or worse heart disease. No matter how I looked at it its always garbage. Well of course because modern civilization has lots of garbage thus modern diseases.
    Last edited by Bubu; 20th February 2019 at 12:55.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas is no longer able to make insulin or when the body cannot make good use of the insulin it produces."

from this definition we can presume that to fix diabetes we need to fix the pancreas so it can produce insulin.
    For my own body, when I was becoming increasingly diabetic, I chose neither (1) injecting more insulin, nor (2) fixing the pancreas.

Rather I chose less sugar.

When you consume more sugar than you need right away, the body stores it as fat. Your muscles, liver and some other gut tissues are the primary storage areas. If you're a bulked up weight lifter with massive muscles, you can easily store lots of fat this way, and you are unlikely to become diabetic.

If one continues to consume more sugar than one uses for energy, to the point that the usual storage areas are "full", then the pancreas increases its insulin output. Insulin is the hormone that tells the storage areas (muscle, liver, ...) to take fat out of the blood stream and store it. The muscles, liver, ... become full of fat, but the pancreas continues to shout "Store More!". Eventually, the pancreas gets tired of doing this and its ability to produce insulin weakens. Then the "sugar -> fat -> storage" cycle fails and blood sugar levels rise.

Don't "fix" the pancreas to shout "Store More!" (make more insulin). Don't inject more insulin.

Cut the damn sugars! Dramatically lower them. (Advice to self; I am my doctor, not yours.) Sugar and other such easily digested carbohydrates) are not an essential nutrient. You need zero sugar in your diet. Much of the body can use either fats or sugars for energy, and the body can convert fat to sugar (glucose) for the modest needs of those metabolic processes that require sugar. You need zero sugar.

Fortuitously, cancers and pathogenic (bad) oral bacteria require sugars. They can't run on fats. That provides a second reason to avoid sugar. I would guess that someone consuming lots of Vitamin C and very little sugar would be quite unlikely to develop a serious case of cancer. Weston Price documented, a century ago, that primitive tribes consuming a diet without much sugar don't get tooth cavaties, even though none of them owned a toothbrush.

As I explained three years ago in the thread A major key to a long and healthy life: fasting or a ketogenic diet, I am presently on a ketogenic diet.

A good ketone meter is useful, especially when first converting ones body from using sugars as the primary energy source to using fats. The one I used three years ago was a bit expensive. There's a new ketone meter out that looks, at first glance, promising (though I have not tried it personally): KETO-MOJO Blood Ketone and Glucose Testing Kit.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), Bubu (20th February 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, not all toxins. The kidneys filter by some fairly simple size and chemistry properties. Many seriously bad toxins are not removed by the kidneys (heavy metals, halogens other than iodine, glyphosate, excess alcohol, etc, etc) The liver, various glands and in some cases some more specific chelating processes are needed to remove various other toxins.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

When you consume more sugar than you need right away, the body stores it as fat. Your muscles, liver and some other gut tissues are the primary storage areas. If you're a bulked up weight lifter with massive muscles, you can easily store lots of fat this way, and you are unlikely to become diabetic.
    Women tend to have more muscle mass in their legs and butts ... useful when walking around with another child inside.

Men tend to have more torso and upper body muscle mass ... useful when converting a saber tooth tiger from a predatory threat into food for the family.

Hence women and men tend to get "fat" (on "modern day" diets that have extra sugar) in different places on their bodies.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), Bubu (20th February 2019), petra (7th March 2019), Valerie Villars (20th February 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,281 times in 1,399 posts

I think a big belly sitting on top of those kidneys is what puts the pressure on them to rise your BP and your heart rate to compensate much the same as your BP and heart rate rise when you have to go to the bath room pretty badly. Get rid of the belly weight off the kidneys and you just may be able to stop taking one or more of the pills you take now to control your BP. This was the case for me and also the fact that all my life without my knowing it I never emptied my bladder the way normal people do.

I could have 800 ml of urine in me and not even know I had to go to the rest room because my body gave me no sensation to have to go. As a result my BP was for all my life borderline high even when in the prime of life playing basketball daily at semi-pro. This because I was always carrying around excess urine never even knowing it. The fact is that once I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and they put a catheter in me for about ten days after the biopsy to detect it ( could not go naturally due to swelling after the surgery biopsy) suddenly my BP was normal due to now emptying my bladder likely for the first time in my life and I didn't have to take my BP pills! When I did take them they lowered my BP too much and I got faint!

Anyway, many factors contribute to blood pressure readings including what is going on between the ears at any given time.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Paul, are you saying we dont need to eat sweet fruits?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Paul, are you saying we dont need to eat sweet fruits?
    Well, we don't need to. Native Eskimos get along fine in the winter ... not a fresh fruit in sight.

But (1) I was speaking of sugar (glucose and similar), not fructose (the primary sweetener in fruit, which is digested more like alcohol than sugar), and (2) there are a variety of valuable nutrients in fruits.

I include a variety of fruits in my daily diet.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2019), Bubu (21st February 2019), Justplain (4th March 2019), petra (7th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast