+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Richard Dolan?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default What's up with Richard Dolan?

What on earth is Richard avoiding talking about?

He gave a great Avalon Forum plug as if what he was inferring about was a hot topic here. What am I missing?

But you've gotta wonder about an intelligent guy at his age who couldn't grasp the 3 question Monty Python joke.

Starts 34:30

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Soullight For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th February 2019), Bill Ryan (19th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), Clear Light (19th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (19th February 2019), jjjones (20th February 2019), Ol' Roy (20th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Spellbound (20th February 2019), Tam (20th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,735 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: What's up with Richard Dolan?

Quote Posted by Soullight (here)
    What on earth is Richard avoiding talking about?

He gave a great Avalon Forum plug as if what he was inferring about was a hot topic here. What am I missing?

But you've gotta wonder about an intelligent guy at his age who couldn't grasp the 3 question Monty Python joke.

Starts 34:30

~~~

Well, this is a hot topic, and there's some information that we received that was first posted on Avalon for public attention. Richard was updated by us last week. You may not have seen the thread.

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (20th February 2019), aoibhghaire (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), christian (20th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (20th February 2019), DNA (20th February 2019), ichingcarpenter (19th February 2019), Jean-Marie (20th February 2019), Justplain (20th February 2019), Kryztian (20th February 2019), Mike (20th February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Sequoia (20th February 2019), Sophocles (20th February 2019), Spellbound (20th February 2019), Tintin (19th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019), Yoda (20th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

To be fair, I didn't know those three questions referred to Monty Python lol.. And I am listening to the interview to see what they're discussing.. The DOXXING.. and the involvement of CG in all of that.. And everything that comes along with it... This is one thing he has yet to publicly comment on so far as I can tell...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...orce-Uncovered

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

DNA (20th February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Spellbound (20th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    To be fair, I didn't know those three questions referred to Monty Python lol.. And I am listening to the interview to see what they're discussing.. The DOXXING.. and the involvement of CG in all of that.. And everything that comes along with it... This is one thing he has yet to publicly comment on so far as I can tell...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...orce-Uncovered

What?!?!

Well, I guess technically it was the first two questions that gave it away.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soullight For This Post:

ceetee9 (20th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), jc71 (20th February 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Ol' Roy (20th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (20th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Many intelligent people (your description) never had the inclination to know about the Monty Python Comedy Group. They chose to spend time with their spouse and kids and pursue higher education, advance their careers, creative pursuits and travel.

In the case of Richard Dolan, his time was also devoted to investigative research and published works, speaking engagements and teaching. Did you know he owns and operates the Richard Dolan Press? Not too shabby…

I sure as heck didn’t get why Jimmy Church asked those stupid questions.

Richard M. Dolan: Bio
    Richard Dolan is one of the world’s leading researchers and writers on the subject of UFOs, and believes that they constitute the greatest mystery of our time.

He is the author of two volumes of history, UFOs and the National Security State, both ground-breaking works which together provide the most factually complete and accessible narrative of the UFO subject available anywhere. He also co-authored a speculative book about the future, A.D. After Disclosure, the first-ever analysis not only of how UFO secrecy might end, but of the all-important question: what happens next?

Richard’s latest work, UFOs for the 21st Century Mind, provides a fresh treatment of the entire subject. In it, he discusses the important sightings, the encounters, the politics, the cover-up, ancient aliens, the bizarre science, disclosure, and offers advice on being both critical and open-minded in today’s world. Like his previous three books, it asks fresh questions and offers new insights to further our understanding of the UFO mystery.

Richard hosts a weekly radio show, The Richard Dolan Show, on KGRA radio, is a frequent guest on Coast-to-Coast AM. He is currently featured on several television series and documentaries, including Ancient Aliens, Hangar One: The UFO Files and Close Encounters. For a longer list of his television appearances, see below.

Prior to his interest in UFOs, Richard completed his graduate work at the University of Rochester, where he studied U.S. Cold War strategy, European history, and international diplomacy. Before that, he had studied at Alfred University and Oxford University, and had been a finalist for a Rhodes scholarship.

But for the past two decades, Richard has been a dedicated student of all things related to UFOs, steadily expanding his interests within that topic from his initial focus on government documents and the cover-up. Now his interests include it all, from the deepest aspects of the coverup, to contact and abduction, the science behind the phenomenon, how the phenomenon has affected world culture, his theory of a breakaway civilization, the possible relationship of artificial intelligence and biotechnology to the UFO phenomenon, and the implications of the end of secrecy, that is, the world After Disclosure.

Today, there is no aspect of the phenomenon Richard won’t study. He continues to look forward to exploring this topic in all its depth, a topic he believes opens our doors of perception, challenging us to see the world differently and more clearly.

In addition to his research, Richard’s company, Richard Dolan Press, actively publishes innovative books by authors from around the world. His website is richarddolanpress.com.

[continued here]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th February 2019 at 02:39.

10. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

anandacate (20th February 2019), aoibhghaire (20th February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), boja (20th February 2019), ceetee9 (20th February 2019), Debra (20th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Deux Corbeaux (20th February 2019), DNA (20th February 2019), enigma3 (20th February 2019), ichingcarpenter (20th February 2019), Jean-Marie (20th February 2019), Mercedes (20th February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), Ol' Roy (20th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Sequoia (20th February 2019), Sophocles (20th February 2019), Spellbound (20th February 2019), Valerie Villars (20th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019), wnlight (20th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I'm a Brit, and I never even found Monty Python all that funny. Most of their stuff I never followed. I'd not be able to answer any questions about them, either.
    * I always preferred Yes Minister, and (best of all) Fawlty Towers. Those were both genuinely and inspirationally ingenious, the best comedy I've ever seen to this day.
    I've not yet listened to any of the show, but I'm guessing when I do I'll be hearing Jimmy Church being a cheap smartass and trying to embarrass Richard while trying to be faux-clever, which he actually does quite often.

That says a LOT about JC. He's always being, or trying to be, one-up. If I'm guessing wrong, tell me.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 20th February 2019 at 02:19.

12. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (20th February 2019), aoibhghaire (20th February 2019), Brightstar (23rd February 2019), cursichella1 (21st February 2019), Debra (22nd February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), DNA (20th February 2019), enigma3 (20th February 2019), HaveBlue (24th February 2019), Jean-Marie (20th February 2019), mgray (20th February 2019), Mike Gorman (23rd February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Sequoia (20th February 2019), Soda (22nd February 2019), Spellbound (20th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019), wnlight (20th February 2019), Yoda (20th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I've not yet listened to any of this, but I'm guessing when I do I'll be hearing Jimmy Church being a cheap smartass and trying to embarrass Richard while trying to be faux-clever, which he actually does quite often.
    Early on, Jimmy Church sat with his arms folded in a closed and protective posture.
    That said it all @ 40:19.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th February 2019 at 02:38.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (21st February 2019), Debra (22nd February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), ichingcarpenter (20th February 2019), Jean-Marie (20th February 2019), meeradas (20th February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), Sadieblue (20th February 2019), Sophocles (20th February 2019), Spellbound (20th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Early on, Jimmy Church sat with his arms folded in a closed and protective posture. That said a lot to me.
    I loved his Squatch t-shirt though.

Dave - Toronto

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

anandacate (20th February 2019), Debra (22nd February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Jean-Marie (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Valerie Villars (20th February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Many intelligent people (your description) never had the inclination to know about the Monty Python Comedy Group. They chose to spend time with their spouse and kids and pursue higher education, advance their careers, creative pursuits and travel.

In the case of Richard Dolan, his time was also devoted to investigative research and published works, speaking engagements and teaching. Did you know he owns and operates the Richard Dolan Press? Not too shabby…

I sure as heck didn’t get why Jimmy Church asked those stupid questions.

Richard M. Dolan: Bio
    Richard Dolan is one of the world’s leading researchers and writers on the subject of UFOs, and believes that they constitute the greatest mystery of our time.

He is the author of two volumes of history, UFOs and the National Security State, both ground-breaking works which together provide the most factually complete and accessible narrative of the UFO subject available anywhere. He also co-authored a speculative book about the future, A.D. After Disclosure, the first-ever analysis not only of how UFO secrecy might end, but of the all-important question: what happens next?

Richard’s latest work, UFOs for the 21st Century Mind, provides a fresh treatment of the entire subject. In it, he discusses the important sightings, the encounters, the politics, the cover-up, ancient aliens, the bizarre science, disclosure, and offers advice on being both critical and open-minded in today’s world. Like his previous three books, it asks fresh questions and offers new insights to further our understanding of the UFO mystery.

Richard hosts a weekly radio show, The Richard Dolan Show, on KGRA radio, is a frequent guest on Coast-to-Coast AM. He is currently featured on several television series and documentaries, including Ancient Aliens, Hangar One: The UFO Files and Close Encounters. For a longer list of his television appearances, see below.

Prior to his interest in UFOs, Richard completed his graduate work at the University of Rochester, where he studied U.S. Cold War strategy, European history, and international diplomacy. Before that, he had studied at Alfred University and Oxford University, and had been a finalist for a Rhodes scholarship.

But for the past two decades, Richard has been a dedicated student of all things related to UFOs, steadily expanding his interests within that topic from his initial focus on government documents and the cover-up. Now his interests include it all, from the deepest aspects of the coverup, to contact and abduction, the science behind the phenomenon, how the phenomenon has affected world culture, his theory of a breakaway civilization, the possible relationship of artificial intelligence and biotechnology to the UFO phenomenon, and the implications of the end of secrecy, that is, the world After Disclosure.

Today, there is no aspect of the phenomenon Richard won’t study. He continues to look forward to exploring this topic in all its depth, a topic he believes opens our doors of perception, challenging us to see the world differently and more clearly.

In addition to his research, Richard’s company, Richard Dolan Press, actively publishes innovative books by authors from around the world. His website is richarddolanpress.com.

[continued here]

Wow

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Wow

~~~

Do please explain.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Sequoia (20th February 2019), Soda (22nd February 2019), Yoda (20th February 2019)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,711 times in 8,943 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    Early on, Jimmy Church sat with his arms folded in a closed and protective posture. That said a lot to me.
    I loved his Squatch t-shirt though.

Dave - Toronto
    Paula, you’ve got to see more than arms crossed before concluding on closed behavior. In fact, arms crossed alone most of the time does not means being closed up. This is a true urban legend. Arms crossed may mean back pain and stretching one’s back, may mean relaxing while arms are supportedby the belly, etc. In fact his fingers and posture are not that thight, not enough to think it is being closed up

So, i checked for other signals while arms crossing or just just prior.

They are: scratching his neck, moving a lot, playing with an object, tight lips even if speaking. And the culprit: one hidden hand under the arm. Yes he is closed up. But the other culprit: he is not closed up to Dolan as such. All that within one minute. Usually you can see that much within seconds.

Prior to arm crossing, Dolan had mentioned Church’s soft comments, not truly taking position towards ?? Probably Goodee, and church had his first neck scratching (signaling discomfort). Then Dolan mentioned Avalon and insist that we are good.

Church started scratching more and did all the above to end up crossed arms.

It is Avalon that makes him close up. Not Dolan.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th February 2019), Debra (22nd February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), meeradas (20th February 2019), Nasu (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Soda (22nd February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Sequoia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not even sure why Dolan would entertain JC's show..I guess JC has a large audience, and maybe the positive outweighs the negative, in this case, he gave a shout out to Project Avalon.

It’s obvious that JC lacks in intellect.
    People like him, try too hard to be funny and witty, which he is neither because he lacks the necessary knowledgeability to do so. “Faux-clever” (<- thanks Bill! great term to remember, maybe you should TM it lol) people always give themselves away..

JC has loudly and openly demonstrated that he is nothing but a money-grubbing showman by the company he keeps, blindly promoting and tagging along with sensational nobodies in ufology, namely Wilcox/Goode/Gaia+Co. They are screaming “full disclosure” at every turn, but instead, have collectively done much harm, delayed and given a very bad rap in general to the entire ufo Disclosure movement with their antics - which was done by design from the get-go!!! In order to derail and confuse people who are curious but have not done their homework, easily swayed to believe these silly stories, case in point, the ever continuing charade by the same old Peterson/Keenan/Drake/Fulford/Wilcox and the gang..while cleaning house, dump Kevin Moore and his ever-trolling sidekick into the same bucket of garbage.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sequoia For This Post:

East Sun (20th February 2019), Iancorgi (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019), Soda (22nd February 2019), Violet3 (20th February 2019)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Wow

~~~

Do please explain.
    I thought the meaning was obvious - Certantly others here got it.

But I feel if I don’t explain something it will cause issues (which unfortunately are obvioulsy already there). Yet I know if I do explain something it will also cause issues. Oh, what tangled webs. Seems the net result of ANY action now days is excessiveness. I often wonder, when is enough talk enough. When engaging socially will we always be required to satiate others until we reach the lowest common denominator?

Ironically, Dolan speaks about this very issue of avoiding certain social dialogue and its unfortunate repercussions.

Bottom line is that I’m not trying to cause issues or get into some squabble with anyone, or be put on a list, or taken out. I respect MANY qualities of Dolan. Who can argue against the value of evidence? Yet evidence, personal and social, is much greater than he has attempted to quantify (in the numerous interviews I’ve heard him). And although I can see issues with Dolan, this doesn’t mean I lack respect for his accomplishments. I was just curious about what was going on, while also observing yet another anamoly about him, of which I see many, as I’m sure we all have. But there are qualities in certain and consistent anomalies that can lead to various conclusions which may not be obvious to everyone.

Similarly, I also respect RunningDeer, and everyone here. We all contribute value based on our perspectives. But not everyone sees everything. I don’t. Yet there are times when I see things which seem obvious to me, while others don’t.

To answer Bills request.

Short version is, excessiveness.

Everything pointed out by the honorable RunningDeer doesn’t exclude other people of accomplishment from being aware of that im-famous movie by Monty Python (which BTW wasn’t a group or movie I particularly cared for myself, although I could appreciate components of their work).

And it’s more than fair to assume that there are those in the USA age 45 and up bracket that may not know about that movie. Although it would be hard to believe, even from Dolan.

Finally, I realize Dolan is highly respected by those here. And he certantly deserves respect. But it is a HUGE error to subscribe his life’s accomplishments as greater in value and scope than others.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Soullight For This Post:

waree (20th February 2019)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,711 times in 8,943 posts

Wow

~~~

Do please explain.
    I thought the meaning was obvious - Certantly others here got it.

But I feel if I don’t explain something it will cause issues (which unfortunately are obvioulsy already there). Yet I know if I do explain something it will also cause issues. Oh, what tangled webs. Seems the net result of ANY action now days is excessiveness. I often wonder, when is enough talk enough. When engaging socially will we always be required to satiate others until we reach the lowest common denominator?

Ironically, Dolan speaks about this very issue of avoiding certain social dialogue and its unfortunate repercussions.

Bottom line is that I’m not trying to cause issues or get into some squabble with anyone, or be put on a list, or taken out. I respect MANY qualities of Dolan. Who can argue against the value of evidence? Yet evidence, personal and social, is much greater than he has attempted to quantify (in the numerous interviews I’ve heard him). And although I can see issues with Dolan, this doesn’t mean I lack respect for his accomplishments. I was just curious about what was going on, while also observing yet another anamoly about him, of which I see many, as I’m sure we all have. But there are qualities in certain and consistent anomalies that can lead to various conclusions which may not be obvious to everyone.

Similarly, I also respect RunningDeer, and everyone here. We all contribute value based on our perspectives. But not everyone sees everything. I don’t. Yet there are times when I see things which seem obvious to me, while others don’t.

To answer Bills request.

Short version is, excessiveness.

Everything pointed out by the honorable RunningDeer doesn’t exclude other people of accomplishment from being aware of that im-famous movie by Monty Python (which BTW wasn’t a group or movie I particularly cared for myself, although I could appreciate components of their work).

And it’s more than fair to assume that there are those in the USA age 45 and up bracket that may not know about that movie. Although it would be hard to believe, even from Dolan.

Finally, I realize Dolan is highly respected by those here. And he certantly deserves respect. But it is a HUGE error to subscribe his life’s accomplishments as greater in value and scope than others.
    Your answer here is filled with not so hidden inuendos that are in fact quite clear. And I think you are wrong for hammering something that is in fact quite stupid, namely knowing about certain kinds of humour.

Humour, in case you did not know, is quite cultural and specific to a given culture plus British humour is very particular, quite foreign to other cultures, including American culture.

Second, who gor g.. sake, understands this local British/Scotish/Welch accent??? I surely don’t.

So the only ones truly half aware of Monty Python humour are the Brits. The rest of the world may not even be interested to know -it is not our kind of humour.

Church made me think of those Brits or Americans who puts French words here and there to show their culture and knowledge, but those words are full of mispellings and their meaning is used the wrong way. It therefore shows their lack of culture.

But, if I put myself in Church shoes, he may just have wanted to be funny and attract his audience attention.

Seems to have easily worked with you
    Last edited by Flash; 20th February 2019 at 14:20.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), ichingcarpenter (20th February 2019), Ol' Roy (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019)

28. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

We grew up with Monty Python. If you were cool, you knew the three questions. I also did not find the weekly show very funny but the movies were great.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Flash (20th February 2019)

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote But you've gotta wonder about an intelligent guy at his age who couldn't grasp the 3 question Monty Python joke.
    It’s not about age, intelligence nor accomplishments. My point was Richard Dolan chose family and all that life has to offer, over time spent on Monty Python stuff. His choices and action create a richer life.

Yes, I agree. One’s value does not come from accomplishments nor what others think of the list. It’s about that inner thang which one continues to nurture throughout life and live.
    (Oops, I did it again...
    stated the obvious)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th February 2019 at 20:36.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Flash (20th February 2019), Hym (22nd February 2019), Ol' Roy (20th February 2019), Valerie Villars (20th February 2019)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote And I think you are wrong for hammering something that is in fact quite stupid, namely knowing about certain kinds of humour.

Humour, in case you did not know, is quite cultural and specific to a given culture plus British humour is very particular, quite foreign to other cultures, including American culture.
    I apologize if I offended anyone or any culture. Yet, I don't feel anything I said was "wrong" or "hammering". I was simply voicing an observation. The only thing technically "wrong" was the assumption that its seemed unlikely Dolan wouldn't make the Monty connection. But life isn't just about being tech right or wrong.

And I can tell you that many, many people in America find Monty Pythons humor hilarious. And these are not just simple people but people of high accomplishment.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soullight For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Flash (20th February 2019), Ol' Roy (20th February 2019)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote It’s not about age, intelligence nor accomplishments. My point was Richard Dolan chose family and all that life has to offer over time spent on Monty Python stuff. His life choices and action creates a richer life.

Yes, I agree. One’s value does not come from accomplishments nor what others think of the list. It’s about that inner thang which one continues to nurture throughout life and live.
    I made an assumption that is arguably wrong. Although he's a rather well educated and accomplished man so I would guess Dolan probably does know about the Monty Python scene IF asked. Personally, I think he was already on guard (which I heard) and may have missed what I saw as obvious due to his state.

But what I want to know is how on earth "you know" how Dolan's life choices means he didn't watch or know about Monty? Plus, everything you listed had NOTHING to do with whether or not someone watches Monty? Heck, by his own admittance Dolan has certain activities/likes that others might find odd, particularly based on his public persona.

I certainly could have avoided my original comment. I could also try to only post non-offensive or non-assumptive (is that a word lol?) things, but what kind of life is that? Point is, I said what I did for a reason. It's just one observation of many which could be made and which shares what some call data-points, all of which combined add to a larger picture.

I don't spend lots of time on forums or in perfecting international dialogue. But if I can say so, I have a good heart and mean well. You get what you get with me.

Time to move on. Lesson learned.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Soullight For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2019)

36. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

Quote And I think you are wrong for hammering something that is in fact quite stupid, namely knowing about certain kinds of humour.

I apologize if I offended anyone or any culture. Yet, I don't feel anything I said was "wrong" or "hammering". I was simply voicing an observation. The only thing technically "wrong" was the assumption that its seemed unlikely Dolan wouldn't make the Monty connection. But life isn't just about being tech right or wrong.

And I can tell you that many, many people in America find Monty Pythons humor hilarious. And these are not just simple people but people of high accomplishment.
    You didn't at all offend me Soullight giggle. I thought the reference was quite hysterical once I "Got it". I HAVE seen the first Monty Python movie. And it was just so very long ago, that I had forgotten that scene. Thanks to whoever shared it, it made me laugh... (Had to fix typos, I have MS and my fingers go numb, so I don't hit the keys hard enough for them all to register sometimes)

And about Dolan... I like the man, and I think his character is beyond reproach in what he does choose to present, however, for the most part... I think Dolan plays "SAFE".. And that's his choice. He doesn't want to wander into the realm of "WOO WOO" or "AIRY FAIRY", and that is fair, and his right .. It would take his body of work and throw it into the realm of "That which cannot be substantiated"..

While I used to like his work, at a certain point, I have to step away, because it is all just topical observations of the SAFE information.. And conclusions that we all would draw when addressing such issues... After awhile .. it becomes redundant to me.. If we are going to get to the TRUTH of our situation we HAVE TO BE WILLING to break that barrier... Because it absolutely IS THERE... It becomes almost arrogant in that he WILL take pot shots at those who DO wander off into the "WOO WOO".. And in my experiences, you MUST wander into the "WOO WOO" to get a clear idea of what it is that were experiencing.. Any contactee would suggest as much.

So now that he has his live channel on youtube, (With his charming wife Tracy)... it is almost PAINFUL to watch. Perhaps he DOES have a lot of credentials and accomplishments under his belt, But in my assessment of his body of work, he merely scratches the surface of the field in general only calling out the obvious, for longevity in his field. Only now is he even willing to suggest that he may HAVE TO stick a toe into unsafe waters to really get the truth..

I find this to be insulting to those drowning in those waters wanting answers.. Of course my opinions are just that, my opinions.. I respect what he has done, I just wish someone like him WOULD venture a little further into the other areas. As we NEED people with solid reasoning skills and some face recognition doing this.. Or else we run into the same issues we're facing now. New comers spouting off whatever fantastical things they want for the entertainment value.. I feel if it is approached in the proper way we CAN move forward. Maybe Dolan just isn't "That Guy".. But I would respect him a whole lot more if he was.. We have the police in the field, the hoaxsters, the shills, those willing to produce the snake oil, and those willing to sell it.. Now we just need a few heros with integrity willing to traverse this really difficult field, willing to admit they can be wrong, yet also willing to GO THERE and share what they believe they have come across.

And my opinions CAN at anytime change with new material being presented. A long list of a body of work, doesn't make me stop and immediately wish to give them my applause. It makes me want to evaluate it. I LIKE DOLAN. But I am quickly tiring of those playing safe, and those playing the public. WE CAN share what we know, if we can swallow some ego and suggest we "Don't know what something is, yet here is what people are experiencing.. " A simple honest disclaimer keeps reputations intact.
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 20th February 2019 at 18:31.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

anandacate (20th February 2019), Ascension (21st February 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2019), dolphingirl (23rd February 2019), Magneticman (21st February 2019)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a Brit, and I never even found Monty Python all that funny. Most of their stuff I never followed. I'd not be able to answer any questions about them, either.
    * I always preferred Yes Minister, and (best of all) Fawlty Towers. Those were both genuinely and inspirationally ingenious, the best comedy I've ever seen to this day.
    I've not yet listened to any of the show, but I'm guessing when I do I'll be hearing Jimmy Church being a cheap smartass and trying to embarrass Richard while trying to be faux-clever, which he actually does quite often.

That says a LOT about JC. He's always being, or trying to be, one-up. If I'm guessing wrong, tell me. :
    )

Bill - I just had a listen, and you are spot on with your "guess". I don't know why JC is compelled to do that. However, RD being the class act that he is, just ignores it.

RD has some very interesting things to say about Venezuela at around the 50 minute mark that IMO shows just how knowledgeable he is about the US and its not so squeaky clean history.

In the rest of the podcast he addresses some of the latest events in the alt community and has JC totally disarmed for most of the podcast. (Subjects include AI, 5G, the Utah UFO, and much more)

This is RD at his best and definitely not to be missed.
    Last edited by abmqa; 20th February 2019 at 19:21.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

anandacate (20th February 2019), Bill Ryan (20th February 2019), cursichella1 (21st February 2019), Denise/Dizi (20th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2019), Flash (20th February 2019), RunningDeer (20th February 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast