+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology

I am very intrigued by a book that is just coming available American Cosmic authored by DW Pasulka. This book is garnering mainstream attention. No one has posted a thread about this very interesting material as far as I have seen. Her book relates to disclosure. During her investigation of UFO believers Pasulka had anomalous experiences in the Southwest US. With two others who represent a level of social activity she relates to be part of elite "Invisibles" researching "alien technology", she found some unusual materials not believed to be manufactured on Earth.

Quote Diana Walsh Pasulka is a Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington and Chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religion. Her research focuses on religion and technology, including supernatural belief and its connections to digital technologies and environments.

She is author of American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology, forthcoming with Oxford University Press. Her current projects include two edited volumes, Believing in Bits: New Media and the Supernatural, co-edited with Simone Natalie and forthcoming with Oxford University Press, and Post Humanism: The Future of Homo Sapiens, co-edited with Michael Bess and forthcoming with Palgrave MacMillan Reference.

American Cosmic is available at these book sellers: Barnes & Noble; Indie Bound; Amazon; Oxford University Press. https://www.americancosmic.com/about-the-author/
    Quote Why do more than half of American adults and more than 75 percent of young Americans believe in intelligent extraterrestrial life?

Diana Walsh Pasulka spent six years interviewing influential scientists and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs who believe in extraterrestrial intelligence. She has explored spiritual phenomena, visited the purported UFO crash sites of New Mexico and roamed the archives of the Vatican. She argues that widespread belief in aliens is due to a number of factors, including their prevalence in modern media—from “The X-Files” to the search for planets that might support life.

Pasulka explores the connections between religion, technology and extraterrestrial life and examines how people interpret the unexplainable in our strange and sometimes mysterious world. https://patch.com/california/paloalt...eligion-techno
    Quote Traditional religious manifestations such as shared visions and levitation are also factors in the UFO phenomena. We spoke of the Spanish nun, Mary of Agreda who bi-located to the Dulce New Mexico area prior to the arrival of the European explorers, and the celestial manifestations at Fatima in Portugal..... many factors play a part in the different ways that people experience both UFOs and religious manifestations, especially cultural context. https://shatteredrealitypodcast.word...erican-cosmic/
    There are several interviews available but I am posting Whitley Strieber's interview with her and subsequent discussion concerning his own connections.

Last edited by Delight; 24th February 2019 at 06:22.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Asisya (25th February 2019), Bluegreen (23rd February 2019), boja (23rd February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (24th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (24th February 2019), Franny (23rd February 2019), Hazelfern (24th February 2019), johnf (24th February 2019), Magneticman (23rd February 2019), Sadieblue (24th February 2019), Spellbound (24th February 2019), toppy (23rd February 2019), validatedmystery (14th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Default Re: American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, Technology

http://postufo.com/post.aspx?slposti...BY-D-W-PASULKA

I learned about her when I was reading and researching Jacques Vallee's work. She did an interview with him. Good to see her book has finally come out.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd February 2019), boja (24th February 2019), Delight (24th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (24th February 2019), johnf (24th February 2019), Magneticman (23rd February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,168 times in 10,101 posts

Excellent material thank you for posting our world is changing fast
    Recent (Feb 11, 2019) interview with Mr Strieber

Read: http://medium.com/s/reasonable-doubt...e-afd7195e0b49

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

boja (24th February 2019), Delight (24th February 2019), Denise/Dizi (24th February 2019), Hazelfern (24th February 2019), johnf (24th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

I am so glad that someone is finally tying everything together... Ufo's, religion, technology, aliens, etc. Seems every person on the scene is afraid to be "THAT GUY" who suggests that it all BELONGS together in some way..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

boja (24th February 2019), celticwarrior (24th February 2019), Delight (24th February 2019), johnf (24th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Glad the mods fixed the title. Of course as soon as we hear that people are "Invisible", others will try to suss out the identity. Here is one claim of the identity of Tyler. James has been identified as Garry Nolan. Humm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ufo/comment...as_been_found/

Garry Nolan has this presentation with Jacques vallee in 2017 (hope the link works)

What do we Know about the Material Composition of UFOs?
    Open lecture in Paris, 2017
    Jacques F Vallee
    Garry Nolan

https://www.academia.edu/37136826/Wh...?auto=download
    Last edited by Delight; 24th February 2019 at 06:20.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th February 2019), boja (24th February 2019), validatedmystery (14th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but I wrote about this a year ago...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-ET-technology

I think this book is very significant. The Cosmic Club (Tyler, etc.) will know that their identities will be made public, because of the nature of the internet, Reddit, etc. They are putting a flag into the ground, building a certain mythology around the phenomenon. I haven't read the book yet, but it does seem that there are certain areas that are "no go" in terms of discussion in the book - first, the involvement of ET in genetically engineering humanity and second (maybe) the depth of the government cover-up, how much they really know and what they have been doing to keep it secret for so long.

Although, have a look at this about the second part of Whitley Strieber's interview - https://twitter.com/TheUFOTrail/stat...83440769691649 - some classified information was included in the second part of the interview and they decided not to broadcast it. Instead, Whitley gives an extended review of the book. He talks about the "donation site" that Pasulka was blind-folded and taken to. And it's near to the location where the "Lady in Blue" bilocated to in the Middle Ages, before 1492. Worth listening to, I wonder whether we will ever hear the second part of the interview.

Taken as a whole, this book, the whole TTSA/AATIP thing, the NTY articles from 2017, the popularity of the new Bob Lazar documentary, this looks to me like "managed disclosure". I could be wrong of course, but I think something which has been planned for a while, is being rolled out - or allowed to happen. In that case, we will be a new world quite soon - but not a whole new world, if I can make that distinction.

Those of us who have been aware of this for a while (which I include most or all Project Avalon members) will be an interesting position after this "managed disclosure" - we will be able to say that we have known this for X number of years, and HERE's what they are not telling you. So one thing we can think about is what that "post disclosure presentation" will look like, and what it will highlight as the important future issues.

For example, Whitley Strieber is saying that the visitors will be much more public and intervening as the environmental crisis becomes more acute. So the situation will be very different in future. And plenty of "interesting souls" (which also includes more or all of us) are incarnated on Earth at this time to be part of this process, whatever that process is.

Something to think about at our Laughlin meet-up, perhaps.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th February 2019), boja (24th February 2019), celticwarrior (24th February 2019), Iancorgi (24th February 2019), validatedmystery (14th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

Another fascinating Whitley Strieber interview with the legendary Jeffrey Mishlove (New thinking allowed):

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (25th February 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    For example, Whitley Strieber is saying that the visitors will be much more public and intervening as the environmental crisis becomes more acute. So the situation will be very different in future. And plenty of "interesting souls" (which also includes more or all of us) are incarnated on Earth at this time to be part of this process, whatever that process is.
    Thanks for linking your earlier thread. Maybe the two need to be merged?

There are elements of this book that are significant to me. One is that it seems to observe the myth making process and the way expectation colors interpretation of what is. Our myths develop to paint the picture of what is encountered. People lock in the meanings and make religions based on beliefs. That only speaks to our own understanding, not the phenomenon "itself".I have always respected the questions of Jacques Vallee about the source of the phenomenon. In the last many years, we have seen how pulp science and horror fiction and a "comic book" presentation has pre-disposed the collective view of ET and the paranormal.

I have many questions about the mysteries of the world which have been IMO trivialized by the way culture wants to lock in meaning and definition.

One question I have does concern the current global crisis. The climate, human idiocy and the back log of poor choices looks dire. If there is consciousness with the intent to intervene on a planetary scale with 3D earth, it seems like this might be a good time to act? I sometimes do wonder if humans are failing a test of suitability for continued existence as number one predator species. Individuals are caring and loving to those they claim as their "kin" but collectively I see such short sighted pursuits.

I look at the "Invisibles" Pasulka has highlighted. Maybe they are doing great "things" for the world which I don't know about? But I am concerned with our toxic wastes, the allowing of poisons to be introduced on all levels into the environment and the waste of time with disposable EVERYTHING!!! A larger POV coordinating mind and heart for a world that thrives despite cosmic cycles is needed. What "Invisbles" are helping there, PLEASE come forward. I feel we really need LEADERS we can agree to follow for an ORGANIC TECHNOLOGY which will help us weather the changes coming and clean up the mess.

In Whitley Strieber's second American Cosmic video, he mentions the consequences of the meeting of drastically different cultures. Our history reports that the Catholic Church was very instrumental in the decimation of the "heathens" (who actually may have been the remnants of the predeluvian cultures?). The Catholic church is figuring in this book in some way just becase Pasulka is Catholic? Or?
    Last edited by Delight; 24th February 2019 at 16:55.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd March 2019), Cognitive Dissident (25th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)

Taken as a whole, this book, the whole TTSA/AATIP thing, the NTY articles from 2017, the popularity of the new Bob Lazar documentary, this looks to me like "managed disclosure". I could be wrong of course, but I think something which has been planned for a while, is being rolled out - or allowed to happen. In that case, we will be a new world quite soon - but not a whole new world, if I can make that distinction.

I'm reading the book now an although she prefaces she has no affiliation's or agendas and is aware others have them...this is just too similar to the controlled disclosure that were observing now. Meaning that the information is coming from a reliable academic, military , government or news source. The source appears unbiased, just attempting to present facts and uncover truths. Thus lending credibility and moving it into the mainstream. Even if she is not part of that she is trying to cover the history of the field and in doing that she is just repeating what is already known and what is/was allowed to be known. Again nothing new is being given but its being repackaged for mass media and those who have not gone down the rabbit hole. I have not finished the book and I may a very different opinion at a later date.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd March 2019), boja (24th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (25th February 2019), Delight (25th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

This is from one of my more favorite interviewers Greg Carlwood. It's on now

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd March 2019), Cognitive Dissident (3rd March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread