+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to Perform Miracles or Manifesting the Truth

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: How to Perform Miracles or Manifesting the Truth

Healing is not creating; it is reparation. The Holy Spirit promotes healing by looking beyond it to what the Children of God were before healing was needed, and will be when they have been healed. This alteration of the time sequence should be quite familiar, because it is very similar to the shift in the perception of time that the miracle introduces. The Holy Spirit is the motivation for miracle-mindedness; the decision to heal the separation by letting it go. Your will is still in you because God placed it in your mind, and although you can keep it asleep you cannot obliterate it. God Himself keeps your will alive by transmitting it from His Mind to yours as long as there is time (via HS). The miracle itself is a reflection of this union of Will between Father and Son. (ACIM pg. 75)
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (26th February 2019), Pam (3rd April 2023), Valerie Villars (26th February 2019), wondering (27th February 2019), Words of Joy (26th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

My compliments Ernie. You've presented this beautifully. I'm not familiar with ACIM, though what I read in this thread is the reality I'm recognizing also. Manifestation of hearty intent through the Holy Spirit. A pledged allegiance and dedication for the bettering of all. Putting ego aside. Putting master slave perspectives aside.

If a family of pioneers would settle in a country where predators are around, and the father of the family says:"We need to build a house for protection". What would one say as the adolescent child? "Sorry, dad, I'm busy carving my miniature sculptures"? Or "Of course dad! Please teach me how to use the axe, so we can build the house together and all be safe as soon as possible!"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (26th February 2019), Pam (3rd April 2023), wondering (27th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,037 times in 645 posts

For me, I think there is a 4 step process to creation -

1. Attention:- Be aware of what is consuming your energy and focus in the moment and go to step 2.
    2. Intention:- Decide & focus on what it is you want to manifest
    3. Resistance:- Stop putting up barriers by reminding yourself of what you don't want. Be aware but don't dwell on them.
    4. Timing:- Timing is everything. What You want has already been manifested, it's you that need to align your acceptance & thinking
    in order to receive it

Some subscribe to the thinking that the universe is energy and thought is energy in motion.
    Emotions are said to lower our vibration & prevent protons & electrons from fusing and creating the space/time (particle) events we want.
    Some reckon that we go inside to contemplate and create the thoughts & desires we want to fuse and create the future reality we desire.
    (Instead of getting angry, frustrated, fearful etc from outside people, situations and events and thus, lowering our vibration and distracting our attention and intention to create and manifest that what we want.)

GOD = Greatness on Demand. Or as Ester Hicks (I think it was) said "tune in, tap in & turn on"

We're all miracles - 200,000,000 to 1 against, but we all swam for gold

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th February 2019), Ernie Nemeth (26th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), Pam (3rd April 2023), Parsi-X (8th October 2023), wondering (27th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Hi Slobbe. Thanks for the compliment. As for the analogy...Now imagine the son insists that not only is there no threat but also willfully denies the existence of the house and his father. That is the situation we are in. In order to prepare for miracle work the initiate must understand that they were mistaken, that in fact there is a threat, that the house is already built, and his father resides within.

Hi Scotslad. That is a great 4 step procedure, my friend. Easy to remember and so easy to implement. What's missing is the framework of understanding that makes it work. It is the knowing that God loves you and created you whole and has empathy for the dilemma you think you find yourself in. However, God does not teach, God creates and extends. If God did teach God would have to admit an error had crept into eternity and stole it from Him. God would have to be insane in order to teach what God wills in creation. For this reason God created the Holy Spirit as the communication link between God and God's Children. For it was not a miscreation that put God's Children on this planet, it was mis-communication. That miscommunication was the ranting voice of the ego that drowned out God's silently sure voice. Of course none of this happened - but the children of God believe it did...and so it is.

The book says almost nothing about the real world. And yet every word speaks to the reality that we find ourselves in here, now. The book says that when the real world dawns on our mind, it will last merely an instant before God Himself will sweep us up and transport us over the bridge of perception and into heaven. For the last perception is the real world, what God interpreted out of our crazy ****, and when that awareness is ours perception ceases and there will be our God shining in our minds!

I do not know about any intermediary dynamics except to say that it is not our function and so it does not matter. The Holy Spirit is in charge of procedure and only the Great Spirit can orchestrate the exact perfect miracle, given the specific details. You may be right, I have no idea.

The Little Willingness

And this brings me to an idea I have been meaning to get to about the degree of willingness to perform a miracle. As the miracle worker you must understand that you are in just as much need of the miracle as the target of the miracle. This must be true because you chose the target. You, who merely cleared a bit of debris off your inner alter to allow the possibility of a miracle are in no position to exert but the tiniest effort in that direction. But the Holy Spirit will take that little willingness and add His Own perfect willingness to it, thereby completing the task He was set. And that is why the understanding of how the relationship between the components of reality functions, and what is cause and what is effect, is so important. Of yourself you can do nothing, but as a Child of God you can move mountains! All it takes is a little willingness - and a clear and peaceful mind.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), wondering (27th February 2019), Words of Joy (27th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

In the Kingdom, where you are and what you are is perfectly certain. There is no doubt, because the first question was never asked. Having finally been fully answered, it has never been. Being alone lives in the Kingdom, where everything lives in God without question. The time spent on questioning in the dream has given way to creation and to its eternity. You are as certain as God because you are as true as He is, but what was once certain in your mind has become only the ability for certainty.

The introduction of abilities into being was the beginning of uncertainty, because abilities are potentials, not accomplishments. Your Abilities are useless in the presence of God's accomplishments, and also of yours. Accomplishments are results that have been achieved. When they are perfect, abilities are meaningless...

God does not teach. To teach is to imply a lack, which God knows is not there. God is not conflicted. Teaching aims at change, but God created only the changeless. The separation was not a loss of perfection, but a failure in communication. A harsh and strident form of communication arose as the ego's voice. It could not shatter the peace of God, but it could shatter yours. God did not blot it out, because to eradicate it would be to attack it. Being questioned, He did not question. He merely gave the Answer. His Answer is your Teacher (HS). (ACIM pg. 102-103)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (27th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Hi again.

Thanks Diziblueyez, I hope it thrives too because it is so needed in this world. But I see we have to get a handle on miracles and the concept of God and where we fit into the whole scheme. The 'I Am' is an apt title for this project. I like it!
    Thank you for liking that. I was on a singilar journey when I found this "I AM".. Meaning it affected me, and me alone. It also affected only that which I was willing to give the effort to.. Therefore, I had no other choice but to define it as such, in singular form.

I suppose we all see life in our own ways. We have our own thoughts, beliefs, actions, reactions.. I had to define for myself who I felt I was, what I wanted to see, what I was willing to do for it.. And in the end, I was really left with nothing more than a realization as to who I was, and who I wished to be, as everything else is truly out of my hands, and falls upon everyone else individually.

I ended up defining it as "I AM"..

I didn't know where else to place it, that didn't have any other connotations that could soil it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (28th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (27th February 2019), Valerie Villars (1st March 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    As for the analogy...Now imagine the son insists that not only is there no threat but also willfully denies the existence of the house and his father. That is the situation we are in. In order to prepare for miracle work the initiate must understand that they were mistaken, that in fact there is a threat, that the house is already built, and his father resides within.
    Thanks Ernie, that could be an angle too, indeed. I intended the analogy as the axe being the Holy Spirit, father being God, family being people around you. Asking God to learn how to use the Holy Spirit, to work on creating a safe place for you and others and help fight off the predators. I was doing some more thinking on the analogy during lunch yesterday. I'd like to follow up on the analogy: Once the adolescent thinks about it deeply, he understands, that there really is no other way than to help for the safety of the family. As he's inexperienced and thinking about the amount of work it appears like a daunting task. Little did the adolescent know, though he quickly learned the axe is really sharp, and it doesn't take any strength, other than the love for the family, to wield it. Predators are being kept away easily, he even dares to lie in the sun when he needs a break and eventually because of his perseverance in working with the axe the house is built with hardly any sweat. The adolescent initially didn't know he was capable of such result with the help of the axe! Father was content to see his child's efforts and the result. Father arranged a feast, where the adolescent became a young adult and gave him protective gear, weapons, tools, responsibility over part of the father's land, and a room in the castle, that the father already knew was there.

"Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’"

"For whosoever will save his life (of carving beautiful miniatures) shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake (for family/others) shall find it."

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (1st March 2019), Ernie Nemeth (28th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (27th February 2019), Valerie Villars (1st March 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

.. miracle it is, when you dont understand. When able to achieve it, then you understand and the miracle cease.
    Sometimes the understanding itself could be considered a miracle.
    There's things I never expected to even come close to understanding, which I am now starting to be able to understand, and to me, that's a miracle.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (1st March 2019), Ernie Nemeth (28th February 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (27th February 2019), Valerie Villars (1st March 2019), Words of Joy (28th February 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Hi Petra. I have followed some of your recent posts on other threads and know you are having a hard time at the moment. Both you and angel belong here. You because you are beginning to understand what a miracle is, and perhaps what it is not. Angel because she already knows the procedures, and is in need of having her faith fortified. This is no normal thread. But it is alright, I am holding a space for both of you in my mind.

Slobbe. Beautiful. You got me with the axe being the Holy Spirit. My friend, let me tell you, you do not do this for them, albeit it will of course be a laudable act, you do it for yourself. Everything you do you first do unto yourself, that is the lesson. You know why, right? Because you share the same mind! But we're getting to that.
    It is this rule that the ego takes advantage of, using it to attack yourself when you think you are attacking another. Remember: even if attack is warranted, you always attack yourself first. So it stands to reason, then, that you also bless yourself first.

Dizibluezes, if I'm not mistaken, somewhere in there is another compliment, so thanks! Dear one, we are never none of us alone. And the effects of our cause is endless!
    We are each at the center of our own universe. As is only right and proper, from the perspective of each individual. Here's a neat one, the center of the whole (the combined perspectives of all individuals) is the Holy Spirit, equidistant to each individual.
    But of course all of that is just semantics.

In this world there are few comprehensive models of reality. We have science and its anti-sceptic viewpoint that completely misses the pertinent. We have some eastern philosophies that are esoteric to a fault and require lifetimes to master. We also have some modern existential methods that do not ascribe to a philosophy and yet work very well on a limited scope. And then we have the saints, sages, and advanced beings that tell us of reality from their perspective. Although they seem to be holy, their philosophies fall short of teaching a sensible and practical method for the masses to follow.

ACIM is practical, sensible, comprehensive, and easy to follow. Its curriculum is laser focused on miracle working and its lessons weave a story so new, so ancient, so compelling, it leaves you radiating love and compassion.

But you must have a little willingness to learn. That is all you need to add. The course takes care of the rest.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (1st March 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (1st March 2019), Words of Joy (28th February 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

The curriculum of the Atonement is the opposite you have established for yourself, but so is its outcome. If the outcome of yours has made you unhappy, and if you want a different one, a change in curriculum is obviously necessary. The first change to be introduced is a change in direction. A meaningful curriculum cannot be inconsistent. If it is planned by two teachers, each believing in diametrically opposed ideas, it cannot be integrated. if it is carried out by these two teachers simultaneously, each one merely interferes with the other. This leads to fluctuation, but not to change. The volatile have no direction. They cannot choose one because they cannot relinquish the other, even if it does not exist. Their conflicted curriculum teaches them that all directions exist, and gives them no rationale for choice.

The total senselessness of such a curriculum must be fully recognized before a real change in direction becomes possible. You cannot learn simultaneously from two teachers who are in total disagreement about everything. Their joint curriculum presents an impossible learning task. They are teaching you entirely different things in entirely different ways, which might be possible except that both are teaching you about yourself. Your reality is unaffected by both, but if you listen to both, your mind will be split about what your reality is.

There is a rational choice. Only one Teacher knows what your reality is. If learning to remove obstacles to that knowledge is the purpose of the curriculum, you must learn it of Him. The ego does not know what it is trying to teach. It is trying to teach you what you are without knowing what you are. It is expert only in confusion. It does not understand anything else. As a teacher, then, the ego is totally confused and totally confusing. Even if you could disregard the Holy Spirit entirely, which is impossible, you could still learn nothing from the ego, because the ego knows nothing.

Is there any possible reason for choosing a teacher such as this? (ACIM pg. 139)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (1st March 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Ernie thanks for posting this thread. It is great to see threads that challenge how people think about life. I am sure those that call themselves atheist may struggle with the religious aspect of your post but there is something here for everyone (regardless of what they believe or don't believe).

This line jumped out at me as being particularly powerful. You are the savior you have been waiting for.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (1st March 2019), Ernie Nemeth (1st March 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (1st March 2019), scotslad (28th February 2019), Valerie Villars (28th February 2019), Words of Joy (28th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Hi Rgray. Thanks. It is hard work, no doubt. I do not like sticking my neck out like this at all. But due to a variety of synchronicities, timing is everything, I felt I had no choice. No matter. The miracle touches everyone. I was asked by a brother so here I am. I also feel I owe it to my teacher and HS for all the patience, guidance and 'tough love' they've given me over the years. There was no other way with me, I now happily realize.

And to teach is to learn, and I want to learn...

Child of God! You have not sinned, but you have been much mistaken. Yet this can be corrected, and God will help you, knowing you could not sin against God. You denied God because you loved God, knowing that if you recognized your love for God, you could not deny God. Your denial of God therefore means that you love God, and that you know God loves you too. Remember that what you deny you must have once known. And if you accept denial, you can accept its undoing.

Your Father has not denied you. (ACIM pg. 190, slightly modified, generic version for Billy)
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 1st March 2019 at 01:22. Reason: wrong name, billy not mike

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (1st March 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (1st March 2019), rgray222 (1st March 2019), Rich (1st March 2019), Valerie Villars (1st March 2019), Words of Joy (1st March 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Ernie, what is ACIM?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Harmony (28th March 2023), johnf (1st March 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Thank you very much Joe.. I appreciate the reply... I wasn't sure what it was but kept seeing Ernie refer to it.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st March 2019), Harmony (28th March 2023), Joe (1st March 2019), johnf (1st March 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

If we are to believe the story, the scribe was a psychologist who one night while sleeping, after enduring months of very symbolic dreaming, heard a voice proclaim, "This is a course in miracles." That was how she was introduced to what would become a seven year project. She was not spiritual and was quite startled by the voice at first. But it wouldn't stop. So she began writing down what the voice said. Then the following day she would dictate that to one of her colleagues, again a chance encounter that for him would also become a seven year commitment. Her name was Helen Schucman, his William Thetford.

Together they wrote the 'big blue book', as I like to call it, and nicely described by Joe above, thanks Joe. They both insisted that neither of them were the author so the book remains anonymous.

The author, the voice, claimed to be Jesus Christ. So this can be considered his gospel.

Although what it really is, is a manual on how to perform the one miracle that matters - to remember who you are.

Along the way, however, there are always many opportunities for practicing and perfecting performing miracles!

It just takes

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (28th March 2023), Joe (2nd March 2019), Rich (2nd March 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019), Words of Joy (2nd March 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Looking Within

Miracles demonstrate that learning has occurred under the right guidance, for learning is invisible and what has been learned can be recognized only by its results. Its generalization is demonstrated as you use it in more and more situations. You will recognize that you have learned there is no order of difficulty in miracles when you apply them to all situations. There is no situation to which miracles do not apply, and by applying them to all situations you will gain the real world. For in this holy perception you will be made whole, and the Atonement will radiate from your acceptance of it for yourself to everyone the Holy Spirit sends to you for your blessing. In every child of God His blessing lies, and in your blessing of the children of God is His blessing to you.

Everyone in the world must play his part in its redemption, in order to recognize that the world has been redeemed. You cannot see the invisible. Yet if you see its effects you know it must be there. By perceiving what it does, you recognize its being. And by what it does you learn what it is. You cannot see your strengths, but you gain confidence in their existence as they enable you to act. And the results of your actions you can see.

The Holy Spirit is invisible, but you can see the results of His Presence, and through them you will learn that He is there. What He enables you to do is clearly not of this world, for miracles violate every law of reality as this world judges it. Every law of time and space, of magnitude and mass is transcended, for what the Holy Spirit enables you to do is clearly beyond all of them. Perceiving His results, you will understand where He must be, and finally know what he is.

You cannot see the Holy Spirit, but you can see His manifestations. And unless you do, you will not realize He is there. Miracles are His witnesses, and you speak for His Presence. What you cannot see becomes real to you only through the witnesses that speak for it. For you can be aware of what you cannot see, and it can become compellingly real to you as its presence becomes manifest through you. Do the Holy Spirit’s work, for you share in His function. As your function in Heaven is creation, so your function on earth is healing. God shares His function with you in Heaven, and the Holy Spirit shares His with you on earth. As long as you believe you have other functions, so long will you need correction. For this belief is the destruction of peace, a goal in direct opposition to the Holy Spirit’s purpose.

You see what you expect, and you expect what you invite. Your perception is the result of your invitation, coming to you as you sent for it. Whose manifestation would you see? Of whose presence would you be convinced? For you will believe in what you manifest, and as you look out so will you see in. Two ways of looking at the world are in your mind, and your perception will reflect the guidance you have chosen. (ACIM pg. 229 - 230)

So ends the introductory course in performing miracles. We could sum it up in a few bullet points:

1) God created you.

2) You live in the mind of God

3) While you think you are somewhere other than heaven, you need correction.

4) Correction comes in the form of miracles.

5) All Children of God can perform miracles because all Children of God are in need of correction.

6) To perform miracles, you must tune in to the voice for God - The Holy Sprit.

7) Remember who you are, Child of God, and there is no miracle you cannot perform!

Remember, I, Ernie Nemeth, will always be there for you to help. Together there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

Go now with love in your heart, the Holy Spirit as your guide, and God as your strength, and perform miracles for the healing of the world...and so it is.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (28th March 2023), Joe (2nd March 2019), Parsi-X (8th October 2023)

33. Link to Post #37
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Unfortunately in this duality, experiencing consciously the miracles doesn't go without the hardship and trials of many difficulties and problems in life. Once you see beyond the veil of "normal life", you can't go back and also mostly of cases it seem like a waste of time explaining to others, the majority wont believe it anyway. In the end, we all get divided in two big groups: The slow and hard path of climbing, or easy and fast to falling.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 2nd March 2019 at 19:23.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (13th November 2021), Harmony (28th March 2023), Valerie Villars (3rd March 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

I needed a reminder. Perhaps others can find some value in a revisit too.

slow, hard, fast, easy, fall, climbing
    these are all relative

Nothing more is needed than a little bit of willingness. Just an inkling, a possibility, that maybe our God wants to help, that our God cares. Is that really so hard to believe? A mere nod to that belief can unlock the greatest miracle, the only miracle - the truth about yourself.

As far as the two groups. There are no groups and no one is left unaffected. We stand at cause because we are created beings. Our effects are our creations. But we cannot create what cannot be, and what stands between us and our heritage - given us by God.

God did not create an insane world, but we think we live there. So is God crazy? Or is there something we don't understand, the understanding of which would make everything suddenly make sense.

God stands for Truth.
    What do you stand for?

Get real.
    Perform a miracle today!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gini (28th March 2023), Harmony (27th March 2023), RunningDeer (27th March 2023), wondering (26th March 2023)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,628 times in 9,592 posts

Thank you Ernie for this thread.

Billy,

I just wanted to share that what you saw,

“ I witnessed the sun spinning in the sky that also appeared to head towards earth then return to its normal position. ”

Reminds me of what my mom shared with me when she was alive.

The above is how my mother described to me what she saw when she visited Marmora in Ontario. She went there more than once as a pilgrim with a group from her church. She saw the sun spinning and fall towards the ground, it was the sign that the Madonna, the Virgin Mary had come and she wasn’t the only one that saw this, most of the crowd saw it too. She also told me she witnessed the young woman that saw the Virgin Mary would fall down on the ground in a catatonic state.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th March 2023), Harmony (28th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd April 2023), RunningDeer (27th March 2023)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Thank you, Ravenlocke. Beautiful story.

What is a miracle?

In general, a miracle, and there's really only one, is the moment when one recognizes the other for what they truly are.

A miracle always displaces time because it always involves the suspension of doubt and its consequence.

There is a recognition that occurs. The re-cognition, in this context, is like seeing oneself in the mirror for the first time. It stuns and overwhelms. The sight is a shock and a wonder, often resulting in elation or joy.
    The feeling is usually one involving love. But it can be modified by reverence or a sense of divinity or being privy to an unexpected existential truth.

In essence the miracle is the righting of a wrong.
    Not in the mundane personal sense but from the perspective of perception.

(Even in the mundane sense this is true. Every eye has a blind spot due to the arteries that lay on top of the retina. The brain fills in this blind spot with 'best guess' data. It is a perception: a belief in or an understanding of something due to previous experience. In fact, everything the eye 'sees' is an interpretation of the brain.)

The course says a miracle demonstrates that learning has occurred under the right guidance. That guidance is not an interpretation by the brain based on available data.
    It is the sudden lifting of the veil. A moment of repose from thought. An instant of knowing without doubt.

It is in you to perform miracles precisely because it must be for you to see one!
    To perform a miracle, then, one need only reverse the order of perception.

First, remember that a miracle is not a miracle. It is not a grandiose act. It is merely the righting of a wrong, a simple correction.

Next, silence the mind and seek true guidance. It will come.
    You will know. In that very moment is the door open.
    Nothing is denied you here, now.
    Let the miracle happen.

Then let it go.
    Whether the miracle manifests as you expect or not is irrelevant.
    Time is never wasted by the One Whose guidance is sure. But it is always shortened.

One last thing.
    Until confidence is gained by experience:
    Performing miracles works best as a group activity.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (3rd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast