+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mouth Wash

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Default Mouth Wash

I had a tooth extracted today and I dont want to take anti-bio-tic. Anyone has a mouthwash recipe that could prevent wound infection and will not mesh up with the system?

Thanks.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), Pam (25th February 2019), petra (25th February 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member frodo13's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Mouth Wash

Table salt and warm water gently swish but don't spit it out kind of let it dribble out. Worked great for me

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frodo13 For This Post:

Angels1981 (26th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), Pam (25th February 2019), PurpleLama (25th February 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by frodo13 (here)
    Table salt and warm water gently swish but don't spit it out kind of let it dribble out. Worked great for me
    Thanks, will I use a saturated salt solution? If not how many percent salt. And how often do I swish?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), Pam (25th February 2019), PurpleLama (25th February 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

See the discharge advice section in this PDF: http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Media/Controll...nformation.pdf

It has the recipe for the salt water mouth wash but don’t do it for 24 hours or you might dislodge your blood clot.

One teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water, three times a day and after every meal.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bubu (25th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), frodo13 (26th February 2019), Hazelfern (25th February 2019), Pam (25th February 2019), PurpleLama (25th February 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

- Plain old 3% HP (Hydrogen Peroxide)
    - 3% HP + 2 drops of clove (or oregano or thyme or wintergreen or pine) essential oil.
    - Neem extract
    Can combine all the above in a cocktail.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

Bubu (25th February 2019), Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), halcyon026 (25th February 2019), Pam (25th February 2019), PurpleLama (25th February 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I Think I dont have a problem with bleeding. I spit out the cotton meant to make the blood clot the moment I step out of the dentist clinic. I deliberately suck to bleed out as much as the anesthetic used. had a nap after an hour wake up 30 min later and feel fine with very little blood coming out even when I suck. the dentist came home found me in the kitchen cooking and exclaimed "why are you working I told you to rest"

I made a juice from sweet potato leaves. rich in Vit.K helps to clot blood and also helps to regenerate and replace blood loss.

Thanks for the advice I will watch out for the bleeding.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (25th February 2019), edina (25th February 2019), Innocent Warrior (25th February 2019), petra (25th February 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Clove and Cinnamon oils are very good for oral health, and will also treat and prevent infection in the gums.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Also, DON'T suck on the wound! You can cause a dry socket, which is when the scab comes out of the wound and it is very painful and prone to infection. Don't even drink through straws until it is healed.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member UNEEKSTUF's Avatar
    Thanks

I use colloidal silver.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UNEEKSTUF For This Post:

Bubu (25th February 2019), conk (25th February 2019), spade (26th February 2019)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

The blood clot needs to stay in place or you risk a dry socket ... very painful .. ( air getting to the bone ) stay away from hot liquids, witch will dislodge the clot. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed with water, rinse gently. Or better off leaving it alone for 48 hrs, the main thing is the clot must stay intact. Infection come from the clot being dislodge.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Bubu (25th February 2019)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    The blood clot needs to stay in place or you risk a dry socket ... very painful .. ( air getting to the bone ) stay away from hot liquids, witch will dislodge the clot. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed with water, rinse gently. Or better off leaving it alone for 48 hrs, the main thing is the clot must stay intact. Infection come from the clot being dislodge.
    thanks, I have now a full clot. What I"ve done essentially at first is to have the clot form naturally without the aid of pressure. Allowing the body to discharge whatever needs to be discharge, in this case the abscess and the anesthesia. So far so good.

Can you please provide the mix ratio? Is it the same H peroxide that can be both on drugstores.
    Last edited by Bubu; 25th February 2019 at 20:16.

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

I can recommend oil pulling with organic coconut oil.
    Oil pulling is easy to do and involves just a few simple steps.

- Measure one tablespoon of oil.

- Swish it around in your mouth for 15–20 minutes, being careful not to swallow any.

- Spit the oil into a trash can once you're done. Avoid spitting it into the sink or toilet, as this can cause a buildup of hardened oil, which may lead to clogging.

- Rinse your mouth well using water before eating or drinking anything.

For best results, most recommend doing this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Good luck !

ADD

Here’s a good article about oil pulling
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323757.php

Coconut oil is a highly absorbable oil with several health benefits, including reducing inflammation and fighting harmful bacteria.
    It is also edible, so has few risks for oral use.
    Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 25th February 2019 at 21:31.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Bubu (25th February 2019), edina (25th February 2019)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for sharing. Yesterday I did salt gargle. I am doing an oil pulling as I am typing this. But it is now more of making sure infection dont come back. I feel very little to no pain in the area of the tooth extracted, its the last molar down right. Pretty big hole down there. Another testament that our immune system can cure our body without the need for medicine. But I would not advice anyone to go the same route I had unless you feel your immune system can handle it. I am a particularly healthy person with no health issues whatsoever thus my immune system is able to concentrate its whole arsenal on that wound. Allow me to share further how I go about preparing for this as I am confident that I would have not succeeded in my early years when I am younger and recovery is quick. Which could mean that I am probably healthier now than ever.

Six months ago while working on an Island I road my bike on an unfamiliar route alone. long story to short, I came home virtually spent. The following day I had this muscle aches all over (legs arms back and the butt) that I had not experience in decades. It took 4 to 5 days to fully recover from muscle aches. The exciting part is that 2 or 3 days after complete recovery I felt like my health moved one level up. Allow me to explain what happened from my perspective. The muscle aches cause the immune system to go on full repair mode. Making amos and fire powers sending soldiers etc. After the repair is completed the immune system still is in a full swing. Thus making me feel like a superman. It actually follow the low of acceleration. Which means that mass dont attain certain speed instantly but build up speed. same goes for deceleration. So 6 days before I went to this procedure I duplicate the same feat of exercise on a basketball court. and on the monkey bar. Thus when I had my tooth extracted I presumably had a surplus of immune system firepower with the IS still on red alert. Tooth infection has no chance of winning even with that big hole in the mouth . This is only my imagination at work but not necessarily correct although success is something that can not be discounted.
    Last edited by Bubu; 26th February 2019 at 05:26.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (26th February 2019), spade (26th February 2019)

23. Link to Post #13
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Colloidal silver, clove (for any pain). Works!

+ Reply to Thread