+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you know what this truck is doing?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Default Re: Do you know what this truck is doing?

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    too obvious tho... some crappy solar install?
    Maybe those aren't really solar panels, but just look like (crappy) solar panels, as a disguise.
    Maybe those are a phased array radar, for some suitably high frequency useful for surveillance.
    Or is that what you meant by "back scatter / milimeter wave van" ?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

chancy (6th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th March 2019), petra (6th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    yeah, those are two commonly used methods

Quote phased array radar, for some suitably high frequency useful for surveillance
    basically..

backscatter uses very weak Xrays

Milimeter wave scanners use the same method as "backscatter" but emit "microwaves" ("no damage" as best we understand it, non-ionizing) instead (this is what is in airports mostly)

But we are talking about a machine built to "see through" stuff.... why would you EVER hang it outside and not tuck it away in a regular looking panel van

say...

Like this:

Of course, they barely try to hide it anymore.....

yeah... chances are you probably have seen one, just didn't realize it.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th March 2019), Bubu (6th March 2019), chancy (6th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), Valerie Villars (6th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

But we are talking about a machine built to "see through" stuff.... why would you EVER hang it outside and not tuck it away in a regular looking panel van
    Ah - good question - good point.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

TargeT (5th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

too obvious tho... some crappy solar install?
    Maybe those aren't really solar panels, but just look like (crappy) solar panels, as a disguise.
    The panels actually look decent, the install location makes no sense at all, I HOPE the entire roof is lined with panels also and they are ALL micro inverted; if that's not the case it's got to be the stupidest install ever & mostly done for aesthetics or some sort of "green" bragging?

I dunno, the light those panels would gather at peek efficiency (best possible watt production)would be soooo poor compared to a roof mounted system (mine are all angled at 17*... I am 17* above the equator, the idea is to get as much STRAIT ON light for as long as possible, this is so important that some people put their panels on motors that follow the sun to keep the "sweet spot" longer).

from this it looks like there is nothing on the roof:

anyway, it's probably some DIY guy that doesn't really understand solar.
    Last edited by TargeT; 5th March 2019 at 21:01.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

chancy (6th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), ThePythonicCow (5th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,989 times in 2,110 posts

I've mounted many solar panels on the top of horse trailers and 5th wheel campers but never on the side. The plot thickens .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

chancy (6th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Krist's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty sure there is a stove pipe coming out of the top,right corner, of the box.
    Looks like a live in.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krist For This Post:

chancy (6th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), TargeT (6th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    March 4 - 2019
    I then asked him if the solar kept up to all the appliances because I had a camper with alot of solar and I couldn't get enough power. We we just talking about campers etc. when he really surprised me with what he said. He told me that it's more than enough power for the high tech equipment he had inside! ( He became immediately alarmed with what he just told me. He just blurted this out without realizing what he had just said.)
    The conversation ended immediately and that was it. Ever since then I have tried to find out what this truck is being used for and have come up with nothing.
    I would like to know what he is doing so if anyone has come across this type of vehicle in your city can you post what these trucks are being used for?
    It could be completely innocent or right up the alley of Project Avalon conspiracies. Time to find out because it appears that I see it more and more around the city.
    chancy

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737516

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737528

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737538

===

[[ Mod-edit:
    See my Post #7, below, for actually viewable copies of these truck images. -- Paul. ]]
    I would think he rethought telling you there was equipment inside for fear that someone may break into the van and steal his property more than he had some nefarious intent with whatever he is powering. And as for the poor solar install, are those panels ever tilted up from the bottom? Or are they fixed in place? Seems a great use of space if he uses the TOP of the truck as usable space for equipment such as a satellite dish?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

chancy (6th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), petra (6th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Quote Posted by Krist (here)
    Pretty sure there is a stove pipe coming out of the top,right corner, of the box.
    Looks like a live in.
    Hello Krist:

There is what appears to be a stove pipe coming out the back passenger side of the unit. In Canada that would be illegal to have one pipe since the have to be dual pipes (2 pipes over top of each other for safety )
    This is not a travel trailer. If it was they would have propane tanks. Water tanks. Grey water and a complete plumbing system with a drainage pipe.
    There would be a plumbing for a bathroom, a shower or both.

Nothing about this vehicle lends itself to a travel trailer or a place to live.

It's an interesting vehicle to say the least
    chancy

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Krist (7th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    March 4 - 2019
    I then asked him if the solar kept up to all the appliances because I had a camper with alot of solar and I couldn't get enough power. We we just talking about campers etc. when he really surprised me with what he said. He told me that it's more than enough power for the high tech equipment he had inside! ( He became immediately alarmed with what he just told me. He just blurted this out without realizing what he had just said.)
    The conversation ended immediately and that was it. Ever since then I have tried to find out what this truck is being used for and have come up with nothing.
    I would like to know what he is doing so if anyone has come across this type of vehicle in your city can you post what these trucks are being used for?
    It could be completely innocent or right up the alley of Project Avalon conspiracies. Time to find out because it appears that I see it more and more around the city.
    chancy

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737516

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737528

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737538

===

[[ Mod-edit:
    See my Post #7, below, for actually viewable copies of these truck images. -- Paul. ]]
    I would think he rethought telling you there was equipment inside for fear that someone may break into the van and steal his property more than he had some nefarious intent with whatever he is powering. And as for the poor solar install, are those panels ever tilted up from the bottom? Or are they fixed in place? Seems a great use of space if he uses the TOP of the truck as usable space for equipment such as a satellite dish?
    Hello Diziblueyez:
    I'm quite sure he was upset he mentioned the electronics in the back. The fellow wasn't a happy camper that's for sure!
    The solar panels are always in that position anywhere you see the vehicle around town. Always there for hours and hours. Usually moves to another location after 4-8 hours of being in one place.
    There has never been any type of dish on the roof whether satellite or anyother type of dish.
    It's most intersting that there are no windows in it. No travel trailer would be completely dark with no windows. In fact just the opposite would be of having lots of windows for fresh air and looking outside.
    The top has nothing on it. It's completely bare.

This is why it made me so curious since it's like no other vehicle on the road in this area. We have 1000's of campers and trailers since the mountains are very close so people can camp on the weekends or for that matter anytime.
    chancy

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Quote phased array radar, for some suitably high frequency useful for surveillance
    basically..

Milimeter wave scanners use the same method as "backscatter" but emit "microwaves" ("no damage" as best we understand it, non-ionizing) instead (this is what is in airports mostly)

say...

Like this:

But... if it sits on empty big parking lots the whole day what is it trying to Xray?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Krist (7th March 2019), TargeT (6th March 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    But... if it sits on empty big parking lots the whole day what is it trying to Xray?
    It's not, that's clearly a live in camper set up... the solar panels don't provide enough power to run much, if ANYTHING.... haha this is just some loony DIY guy with a very bad solar set up.

IMO this is the exact thing I see all the time for Van dwellers (often called "stealth van dwelling" because it's illegal generally (except in some small areas) and you don't want people to know what your doing).
    Where are you?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Joe (7th March 2019), Krist (7th March 2019), Valerie Villars (6th March 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Could his car park locations around town that he moves to be related to free wifi locations? My other thought was perhaps the solar panels are not put on badly or in a low efficiency way, but rather they are tinted reflective windows merely disguised as solar panels?

I do agree with Joe though, it could just be some guy living in a truck, using solar panels to power his phone and computer, whilst logging into hotspots to check his etsy business. Poor guy now has the laser focus of the inter web ever tightening it's digital grip on his activates and purpose....x.... N

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Joe (7th March 2019), Krist (7th March 2019), TargeT (7th March 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Joe (here)
    As long as I’m defending this poor soul... his solar setup isn’t THAT bad. He’s in Canada, and if your only two choices for mounting fixed solar panels is vertically or horizontally, the panel efficiency is going to be about the same for either configuration (about 75% of potential according to the charts I looked at). The last thing I would want to be doing is clearing snow from my roof mounted solar panels in the Canadian winter, so this is what he’s got.
    I agree with you for as long as the solar is not use near the equator where the sun go vertically over your head but rather makes its route, east to west, just above the horizon at approx. 45 degrees.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th March 2019 at 15:17. Reason: fixed quote formatting

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Joe (7th March 2019), TargeT (7th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Maybe I'm too paranoid but, I remember listening to a radioshow by someone in the alternative media about custom made vans for transporting and delivering people, yes, like live merchandise. The fact that is parked outside of a walmart makes it even creepier.

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Mercedes (here)
    Maybe I'm too paranoid but, I remember listening to a radioshow by someone in the alternative media about custom made vans for transporting and delivering people, yes, like live merchandise. The fact that is parked outside of a walmart makes it even creepier.
    Doesn't Walmart have a policy of letting homeless people living in their car the possibility to park in their parking lot at night?
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Nasu (8th March 2019)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Mercedes (here)
    Doesn't Walmart have a policy of letting homeless people living in their car the possibility to park in their parking lot at night?
    not specific to "homeless" but yes; they generally let people sleep in their parking lots (and why wouldn't you! I guarantee it increases sales) cars, campers, travel trailers etc....
    Where are you?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bubu (7th March 2019), Nasu (8th March 2019)

32. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

basically..

say...

Like this:

Hello Bubu:
    The only problem is he only sits in full parking lots. I was trying to take the pics so that no ones cars were in the pics. I guess I did a great job....
    chancy

33. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

It's not, that's clearly a live in camper set up... the solar panels don't provide enough power to run much, if ANYTHING.... haha this is just some loony DIY guy with a very bad solar set up.

IMO this is the exact thing I see all the time for Van dwellers (often called "stealth van dwelling" because it's illegal generally (except in some small areas) and you don't want people to know what your doing).

Hello TargeT;

This is not a stealth dwelling or anyother dwelling.

Here are a couple of sites that sell the types of dwellings you are referring to. No one uses stealth here because there is no reason too.

https://bucarsrv.com/

https://www.fraserway.com/buy-an-rv/edmonton

https://www.carefreerv.ca/

chancy

34. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Nasu (8th March 2019)

35. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe (here)

I am feeling incredibly sorry for this van guy if what he has is a “stealth van dwelling”... one wrong slip-up about some electronic gear to a conspiracy theorist and BAM!, pictures of his van are published worldwide. This is part of the distopian world we live in now.

As long as I’m defending this poor soul... his solar setup isn’t THAT bad. He’s in Canada, and if your only two choices for mounting fixed solar panels is vertically or horizontally, the panel efficiency is going to be about the same for either configuration (about 75% of potential according to the charts I looked at). The last thing I would want to be doing is clearing snow from my roof mounted solar panels in the Canadian winter, so this is what he’s got.

He has enough panels to run some led lights and charge his phone and computer. He’s probably living better than most if he heads to the woods and lake to camp and fish on the weekends, and hopefully get away from the hordes of Walmart shoppers.
    Hello Joe:
    I am not getting the feeling of "incredibly sorry for this van guy"
    For years it's been covertly travelling around the city doing who knows what? This is why I post this is to find out "what"?
    I did the logical thing and ask him. IF ever I have had someone not wanting to talk it was the fellow with the van.
    This is NOT a dwelling or rv. It's not a food truck. It's not a fund raising vehicle. In fact it's not anything I can research.
    This is not a sorry problem. This is what is it problem?
    People have the right to know what they are parking near.
    chancy

36. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Nasu (8th March 2019)

37. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Could his car park locations around town that he moves to be related to free wifi locations? My other thought was perhaps the solar panels are not put on badly or in a low efficiency way, but rather they are tinted reflective windows merely disguised as solar panels?

I do agree with Joe though, it could just be some guy living in a truck, using solar panels to power his phone and computer, whilst logging into hotspots to check his etsy business. Poor guy now has the laser focus of the inter web ever tightening it's digital grip on his activates and purpose....x.... N

Hello Nasu:

Utterly ridiculous! No one is going after anyone!

He does not live in the vehicle. It has NEVER spent one night at any walmart or any other place it sits all day every day in the city.
    Seems like we have gone from logical to ridiculous on this thread.
    That's ok by me but all I wanted was to know what the heck anyone would be doing everyday in the back of an unmarked vehicle in big parking lots full of people and vehicles.
    Seems like it's just a BIG Joke....haha

chancy

PS I bet ya'll have the same thing roaming around your neigborhoods so the jokes on you about " this poor guy"

38. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Nasu (8th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast