+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you know what this truck is doing?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default Do you know what this truck is doing?

March 4 - 2019

Hello Everyone:
    This is not a conspiracy theory. This is something that I can't find out by research so I thought I would come to Project Avalon with to see if anyone knows what is happening?
    Here's the story:
    For the last year or two I have come across a weird truck always parked in the biggest parking lots in the city. It's always parked where there's lot of movement of vehicles and people.
    About a year ago I went and talked to the fellow driving this vehicle. My curiousity got the best of me! I asked him quite a few questions since he has alot of solar panels on the outside of the truck. I asked him if this was his camper and he said yes. I then asked him if the solar kept up to all the appliances because I had a camper with alot of solar and I couldn't get enough power. We we just talking about campers etc. when he really surprised me with what he said. He told me that it's more than enough power for the high tech equipment he had inside! ( He became immediately alarmed with what he just told me. He just blurted this out without realizing what he had just said.)
    The conversation ended immediately and that was it. Ever since then I have tried to find out what this truck is being used for and have come up with nothing.
    I would like to know what he is doing so if anyone has come across this type of vehicle in your city can you post what these trucks are being used for?
    It could be completely innocent or right up the alley of Project Avalon conspiracies. Time to find out because it appears that I see it more and more around the city.
    chancy

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737516

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737528

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/asse...6&d=1551737538

===

[[ Mod-edit:
    See my Post #7, below, for actually viewable copies of these truck images. -- Paul. ]]
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 5th March 2019 at 03:30.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

bennycog (4th March 2019), BMJ (5th March 2019), Bubu (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), norman (5th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Do you know what this truck is doing?

Chancy, what are the links to, as they are showing up as invalid?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

chancy (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Chancy, what are the links to, as they are showing up as invalid?
    Hello:
    I tried to put some photo's of the vehicle in my post and I guess it didn't work?

I will try again. Sorry for the no show pics

chancy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello Everyone:

The pictures of the vehicle are in post #1 now but they are sideways. I have no idea how to make them upright.
    chancy

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,630 times in 21,529 posts

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    Hello Everyone:

The pictures of the vehicle are in post #1 now but they are sideways. I have no idea how to make them upright.
    chancy
    They may be sideways for you, but they are noways for the rest of us -- "Invalid filedata specified".

From the server logfiles, it seems to me that you are trying to show us three files, which you name 1.jpg, 2.jpg and 3.jpg

I would guess that these three files are on you local PC, so only you can see them. (P.S. See P.S. below and next posts. I guessed wrong. I found the images on the Avalon server.)

BIG QUESTION: How are you doing this? The interface that you're using to show us these pictures is neither of the usual interfaces (1) link to an image already visible on some other web server, or (2) using "attachments" while posting. The logs show that it is very rare for anyone to ever use whatever image interface you're using on the forum ... just a few times a year. I have never even noticed that such an interface existed before, and I am curious: How did you do that?

In any case, you'll have to use one of the two usual interfaces to let the rest of see your truck images.

===

P.S. -- Aha - it's your lucky day . There was enough information in the server logfiles that I was able to find the file already on the Avalon server. So I will now copy them to my public web server and provide links, that should be up in a few minutes

I'd still like to know, however, how you did this .
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 5th March 2019 at 03:26.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

chancy (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), meeradas (5th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019), Tintin (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    should be up in a few minutes
    Ah - unrelated technical delays - maybe now in a few minutes.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), Tintin (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ok - here are the images (Click on a little image to see a big image):

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (5th March 2019), BMJ (5th March 2019), Bubu (5th March 2019), chancy (5th March 2019), Debra (6th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Gaia (5th March 2019), Hervé (5th March 2019), meeradas (5th March 2019), Nasu (6th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019), RunningDeer (5th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2019), Tintin (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Big parking lots not too, many noise not to many people, less electronic interference maybe a relay station?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

chancy (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,851 times in 3,178 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'd still like to know, however, how you did this .
    same here!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Gaia (5th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

back scatter / milimeter wave van?

too obvious tho... some crappy solar install?

btw, that is not very much solar power, especially at that angle... very crappy install
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bubu (5th March 2019), chancy (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Operator (6th March 2019), Pam (5th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2019), Tam (6th March 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,156 times in 8,310 posts

The story you tell implies someone is working the van, but the plain (no livery) exterior implies something off the official radar.

I had a landlord when I was a student who's 'workmate' pulled up outside sometimes with a big "van". After decades of joining the dots about those couple of years I spent down south at college, I came to the conclusion they both worked for either special branch or MI5. I think my landlord was just the workshop/maintainance/gadget fixer guy ( he fixed an amplifier for me).

TargeT, yes those panels look naff, and that could be a clue. Pehaps they are not really charging anything but being a cover for something else under them.
    Last edited by norman; 5th March 2019 at 10:01.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (5th March 2019), Bubu (5th March 2019), chancy (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Gaia (5th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019), Valerie Villars (5th March 2019), yelik (5th March 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,690 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    back scatter / milimeter wave van?

too obvious tho... some crappy solar install?

btw, that is not very much solar power, especially at that angle... very crappy install
    I'm with you, Target, crappy solar install.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

That's a very cool rig, i'd like to see the inside.

$20 says he's homeless. Walmart allows folks to sleep in their vehicles in their parking lot, somewhat of a popular policy with them. I imagine others do as well. Regarding his equipment, high tech is a relative term and is not mutually inclusive with high wattage.

Typically when someone needs to run a heavy load they have a separate generator.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bubu (5th March 2019), Chip (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)

$20 says he's homeless. Walmart allows folks to sleep in their vehicles in their parking lot, somewhat of a popular policy with them. I imagine others do as well. Regarding his equipment, high tech is a relative term and is not mutually inclusive with high wattage.

Typically when someone needs to run a heavy load they have a separate generator.
    Doubt "homeless" applies, there's a very large movement of "van dwellers" that don't buy into the whole "buy a house" thing adults are tricked into doing.

for example:

some people get real serious about it (I went down this youtube binge fest of VanDweller videos a while back... haha). I think I could do it; I got rid of 95% of my possessions when I moved from Alaska to the VI and it was very freeing (of course.... I yo-yo'd back to worse... now I have a house full of stuff and two 40' storage containers too!).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th March 2019), Bubu (5th March 2019), Chip (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), meeradas (5th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019), Tam (6th March 2019), Tintin (6th March 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If its some kinda sensitivity thing then I'll call these folks what they wish but I still categorize it as homeless. I mean, seems logical. Not saying their hand was forced or that there is anything wrong with it. But if you gotta have a gym membership to shower and you have to poop in a public place then you are probably homeless.

I've been considering this for a long time. I thought I would be homeless for a bit due to health worsening, but fortunately I can do all my own (auto) work so I was going to rig my tacoma. Life improved then I thought about doing this anyway, then going on a huge road trip all over the US. I have 2 options of vehicles I will convert, 1 being my 66 mustang cause that'd be cool. The second option is less sexy but would be ultra reliable.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th March 2019), Bubu (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019), Tam (6th March 2019), TargeT (5th March 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

But if you gotta have a gym membership to shower and you have to poop in a public place then you are probably homeless.
    Most the serious ones have shower / bathroom figured out... I'd say there's more with "plumbing" than you'd imagine.

I like the bigger "vans", like the one in this thread... that would be a great space, very roomy.

or this one: converted ambulance.... genius!

(yeah, I spent a lot of time on this topic for some reason.... haha)
    Where are you?

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (6th March 2019), Bubu (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), petra (5th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Doubt "homeless" applies, there's a very large movement of "van dwellers" that don't buy into the whole "buy a house" thing adults are tricked into doing.

for example:

some people get real serious about it (I went down this youtube binge fest of VanDweller videos a while back... haha). I think I could do it; I got rid of 95% of my possessions when I moved from Alaska to the VI and it was very freeing (of course.... I yo-yo'd back to worse... now I have a house full of stuff and two 40' storage containers too!).
    great, now we are force to live on vans because the 1% owns all the lands. I'd love to live on one of those vans though not for the reason that we do not have a land to settle and grow our foods.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), TargeT (5th March 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    great, now we are force to live on vans because the 1% owns all the lands. I'd love to live on one of those vans though not for the reason that we do not have a land to settle and grow our foods.
    oh not forced.... not yet anyway; this is counter culture, this is a grassroots movement; tossing off the typical debt laden path and finding something new.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bubu (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), LifeAngel (9th March 2019), Sandy123 (7th March 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Most the serious ones have shower / bathroom figured out... I'd say there's more with "plumbing" than you'd imagine.
    Now THAT is cool.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), TargeT (5th March 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

But if you gotta have a gym membership to shower and you have to poop in a public place then you are probably homeless.

I like the bigger "vans", like the one in this thread... that would be a great space, very roomy.

or this one: converted ambulance.... genius!

(yeah, I spent a lot of time on this topic for some reason.... haha)
    beautiful, But would be great if there is a retractable hammock pole, a foldable tent on the roof and a retractable canvass roof on both sides

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

angelfire (5th March 2019), Denise/Dizi (5th March 2019), TargeT (5th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast