+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trudeau Mr. Peoplekind?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default Trudeau Mr. Peoplekind?

It has been a long time since I wrote on the forum about what is happening in my country. The SNC-Lavalin case raises a lot of questions in Canada. These are the facts of our Minion Prime Minister.

Trudeau is facing calls to resign over the biggest political scandal of his administration. It centres on claims by his former attorney general Jody-Wilson Raybould that Trudeau's advisers improperly pressured her to prevent the prosecution of the engineering firm SNC-Lavalin over paying alleged bribes in Libya.

What are the allegations?

The case broke out on February 7, 2019, when the Globe and Mail reported, quoting anonymous sources, that the Prime Minister’s entourage tried to lobby Wilson-Raybould to convince the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) to enter into a suspended prosecution agreement with SNC-Lavalin.

In spring 2018, the Trudeau government amended the Criminal Code to allow for the establishment of a Canadian regime of suspended prosecution agreements (SPAs), also known as a redress agreement. This agreement, used in particular in the United States and Great Britain, allows the suspension of criminal proceedings against a company, when it undertakes to admit the facts, pay a penalty and cooperate with the authorities. When the conditions are met, the charges are dropped.

Under such an agreement, SNC-Lavalin, accused of fraud and corruption, would have admitted wrongdoing and paid a fine, but could have continued to bid on public contracts. Conversely, if convicted at the end of a criminal trial, the firm could be banned from any federal public contract for 10 years.

I am dumbfounded by the pseudo-consensus surrounding the fate of SNC-Lavalin, this jewel of the corruption from Quebec.

I had to sink into a profound hibernation to miss the moment when we collectively decided that the corruption and the large-scale collusion, it was not so grave as that.

Because it is what we hear...

"Bah, yes they made of the collusion with the regime of Gaddafi, but they did not have the choice.''

Yes, they were behind the biggest scandal of corruption of the history of Canada.

Well, the former president took the rap recently of a prison sentence ... to purge in its place of residence?!

In spite of these examples (and there is others), many are those who want to avoid to the company a trial in the federal. It is absolutely necessary to save jobs and what what represents SNC-Lavalin.

Popcorn and beer. I could never have imagined a more delightful Liberal scandal with Mr. Peoplekind to chase away the winter blues and lead us into spring.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/

Last edited by Gaia; 5th March 2019 at 18:00.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

avid (5th March 2019), Bluegreen (5th March 2019), BMJ (6th March 2019), DaveToo (6th March 2019), Justplain (5th March 2019), toppy (5th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: Trudeau Mr. Peoplekind?

Good point, Gaia. This Prima Donna prime minister has the nerve to stand up saying that we live in a country that abides by the rule of law. Lavilin has a litany of accusations, and charges, of bribery and corruption, world wide. We don't need these corrupt puppet masters anymore. Some other engineering firm will take their place if they are dismantled, or banned from government contracts. Prosecute these thugs cuz this case is just the tip of the iceberg. And it would be great if this caused the ouster of this unqualified and pompous idiot.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019), DaveToo (6th March 2019), Gaia (6th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Good point, Gaia. This Prima Donna prime minister has the nerve to stand up saying that we live in a country that abides by the rule of law. Lavilin has a litany of accusations, and charges, of bribery and corruption, world wide. We don't need these corrupt puppet masters anymore. Some other engineering firm will take their place if they are dismantled, or banned from government contracts. Prosecute these thugs cuz this case is just the tip of the iceberg. And it would be great if this caused the ouster of this unqualified and pompous idiot.
    I clearly do not agree with your comment Justplain. First it is Lavalin. But my point is more complex than one may see at first glance.

I have worked and lived abroad, in developing countries (Mexico and Turkey). In Turkey, I was exporting Canadian know-how and technologies (telecom). I was on the verge of huge contracts when the 2002 war in Irak started. So the project had to be abandoned. I was at the point where I would have had the brown envelope dilemna, knowing quite well that I was Canadian and had to obey standards non existing in Turkey.

However, in Turkey, at that time (and probably still now), a good 80% of the economy, yes, your read right, 80% of the economy, was below the table. No way at all that anybody, let alone companies, could do any business in a third world country if this FACT is not taken into account. Nobody can do business outside Europe and USA if this under the table economy is not taken into account.

So, in few simple word, all our Canadian mining companies doing business in Africa, all our agricultural companies doing business in South America, all the American auto industry having cars made in Mexico, all our clothing companies having the clothes made in Asia, all our electronic companies having their products manufactures in China, ALL OF THEM, ABSOLUTELY ALL OF THEM, GIVE MONEY UNDER THE TABLE.

None is straight like an arrow. Why? because they can't if they want to compete and get contracts or give contracts. Period.

The only difference is that Lavalin was caught, and I bet anything it was put in the open subtly by one of its competitor who wanted Lavalin dead (which is very probable and happens very often in this world of business, as it happened in the 90's when the US telecom industries wanted Nortel dead).

Now tell me, how will we survive alone in the world, not able to compete? How will we survive with our US counterparts who do give brown envelope all the time?

Being whiter than white does not always serve our interest.

Lavalin had no choice if they wanted the contracts.

Do I approve? NO. Do I understand? YES. If we want this to change, it is the whole planet economy we have to change.

Personally, I am much much more aggravated when the money is taken from our pockets directly by numerous frauds in public works.

Now, get me someone who had work abroad to judge, because plainly you can't if you had your whole life home in Canada.
    Last edited by Flash; 6th March 2019 at 01:40.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019), Gaia (6th March 2019), happyuk (6th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Mr. Trudeau is a hypocrite plain and simple.

When the Huawei/Meng Wanzhou crisis first erupted in early December 2018 he said he couldn't interfere in Ms. Meng's case because it would be political interference with the judicial system of Canada.

Jody Wilson-Raybould, former Attorney General of Canada made it perfectly clear last week that Mr. Trudeau and his most senior officials in the Prime Minister’s Office made a consistent and sustained effort to interfere politically in the SNC-Lavalin case in order to secure a deferred prosecution agreement.

The irony is that the consistent and sustained effort to interfere politically in the SNC-Lavalin case was going on at the exact same time that Trudeau made his statement about not being able to interfere with the Huawei/Meng Wanzhou case!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019), Gaia (6th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), Pam (6th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello Flash, I have a good friend who is an engineer at SNC-Lavalin in the Montreal office. According to what she told me, it is rather certain leaders who are corrupt. Because we are talking here about corruption and bribes. It's very well known that SNC-Lavalin has been present in Africa for more than forty years, but does not necessarily act for the right reasons. The firm has been too often associated with the practice of bribery, looting of natural wealth and dubious proximity with corrupt regimes that do not respect working conditions or human rights, its mark has been seriously damaged.

Are you proud to see SNC-Lavalin (fleuron Québécois) succeed only by giving bribes left and right? It's their modus operandi... Even in Quebec it's their ONLY way to get contracts. $ 22 million in a pot de vin for a hospital in Montreal, and yet this $ 22 million bribe comes from the pockets of us Canadian taxpayers. I do not understand why you accept so easily what the Liberals want us to believe that everything is normal and OK with the complicity of some national newspapers. When a Prime Minister puts pressure on his Attorney General and threatens it, there is reason to be concerned about Canada's rule of law, which was flouted by Justin Trudeau.

It is for this reason that we should not drown the fish as we say at home. On the one hand, we have the actions of SNC-Lavalin and on the other hand a Prime Minister who flouted the rules of law by removing SNC-LAVALIN from Canadian and foreign courts. Be aware that Algeria has long dreamed of getting hold of this company and its leaders for corruption and theft of public funds.

It is interesting to remember that President Nixon was forced to resign because he obstructed justice and a dozen members of his administration went to prison because of that.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019), DaveToo (7th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), Pam (6th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    There is a parallel justice system for "Too big to fail" companies. Is it so wise?
    Small and medium-sized businesses will not be eligible for these out-of-court arrangements. We are moving away from justice.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019), DaveToo (7th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), Pam (6th March 2019), Valerie Villars (6th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    Hello Flash, I have a good friend who is an engineer at SNC-Lavalin in the Montreal office. According to what she told me, it is rather certain leaders who are corrupt. Because we are talking here about corruption and bribes. It's very well known that SNC-Lavalin has been present in Africa for more than forty years, but does not necessarily act for the right reasons. The firm has been too often associated with the practice of bribery, looting of natural wealth and dubious proximity with corrupt regimes that do not respect working conditions or human rights, its mark has been seriously damaged.

Are you proud to see SNC-Lavalin (fleuron Québécois) succeed only by giving bribes left and right? It's their modus operandi... Even in Quebec it's their ONLY way to get contracts. $ 22 million in a pot de vin for a hospital in Montreal, and yet this $ 22 million bribe comes from the pockets of us Canadian taxpayers. I do not understand why you accept so easily what the Liberals want us to believe that everything is normal and OK with the complicity of some national newspapers. When a Prime Minister puts pressure on his Attorney General and threatens it, there is reason to be concerned about Canada's rule of law, which was flouted by Justin Trudeau.

It is for this reason that we should not drown the fish as we say at home. On the one hand, we have the actions of SNC-Lavalin and on the other hand a Prime Minister who flouted the rules of law by removing SNC-LAVALIN from Canadian and foreign courts. Be aware that Algeria has long dreamed of getting hold of this company and its leaders for corruption and theft of public funds.

It is interesting to remember that President Nixon was forced to resign because he obstructed justice and a dozen members of his administration went to prison because of that.
    j'allais t'écrire quelque chose que je ne peux mettre sur un forum au sujet de la corruption re: hopitaux, de SNC Lavalin - ça va beaucoup plus loin que SNC. Mais tu as bloqué les pm.

Enfin.

No, I am not proud of any corruption, anywhere. But, without payments, SNC has no contracts, anywhere, including Quebec sadly, and for the English Canadians, including any of the other provinces.

The whole system has to be de-corrupted. Worldwide. SNC Lavalin works within the actual system.

I know quite a few high level people in Lavallin. They are not all corrupted. Maybe two VPs were, not much more. But if you are a VP working with developing world countries, you do not have much choice.

Far from white elsewhere either, just see whose prime minister Ontario has - if he is not corrupted, I don't know who is.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Gaia (here)

j'allais t'écrire quelque chose que je ne peux mettre sur un forum au sujet de la corruption re: hopitaux, de SNC Lavalin - ça va beaucoup plus loin que SNC. Mais tu as bloqué les pm.

Enfin.

No, I am not proud of any corruption, anywhere. But, without payments, SNC has no contracts, anywhere, including Quebec sadly, and for the English Canadians, including any of the other provinces.

The whole system has to be de-corrupted. Worldwide. SNC Lavalin works within the actual system.

I know quite a few high level people in Lavallin. They are not all corrupted. Maybe two VPs were, not much more. But if you are a VP working with developing world countries, you do not have much choice.

Far from white elsewhere either, just see whose prime minister Ontario has - if he is not corrupted, I don't know who is.
    Indeed, you are right. Corruption is not new, but mechanisms and agreements exist to reduce the risk of corruption. Every dollar that is diverted away from a country causes the impoverishment of the country and detracts from public services such as access to school or the supply of drinking water to African countries. We need to raise awareness and not allow home-based companies to escape justice in order to preserve jobs. I think many Canadians will remember the SNC-Lavalin case in the next fall election. It may be time for this company to be destroyed. SNC-Lavalin did too much damage worldwide.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/former-snc-l...robe-1.1858961

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/pan...eria-1.3586953

https://www.acc.org.bt/?q=node/627

https://business.financialpost.com/o...c-lavalin-case

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2385471721

In about 20 min watch live Gerald Butts testifies on SNC-Lavalin Justin Trudeau's former principal secretary, Gerald Butts, appears before the Commons justice committee to give his version of events leading to former attorney-general Jody Wilson-Raybould's resignation.

MPs on the committee will hear Butts testify about the controversy. They'll also hear again from Privy Council Clerk Michael Wernick, the country's top civil servant, and Nathalie Drouin, deputy minister of justice and deputy attorney general.
    Last edited by Gaia; 6th March 2019 at 14:43.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

BMJ (6th March 2019), Chanie (7th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019), Pam (6th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,930 times in 350 posts

Mr. Butts is the fellow who submitted a moving bill (from Toronto to Ottawa) of almost $127,000. I believe it was approved by Prime Minister Trudeau and was paid by the Canadian taxpayer, but then, The Globe and Mail wrote about it. I think he ended up paying about a third of it back.
    See: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle31995512/

NOTE: To put it into perspective, I know of one corporate move from Toronto to Calgary. All costs were paid for by the company. It came to about $20,000. In the case of Mr. Butts, I believe he charged for real estate commission fees, land transfer taxes etc. in addition to the actual move.

My feeling with this story is that it may be linked to the report about the FiveEyes countries’ plot against Trump. If there is any truth to the latter (which may never become public knowledge,) I could see someone deciding that Trudeau needs to removed from power. I think The Globe and Mail story about Trudeau and SNC-Lavalin came from an “anonymous source.”

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chanie For This Post:

Gaia (6th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chanie (here)
    Mr. Butts is the fellow who submitted a moving bill (from Toronto to Ottawa) of almost $127,000. I believe it was approved by Prime Minister Trudeau and was paid by the Canadian taxpayer, but then, The Globe and Mail wrote about it. I think he ended up paying about a third of it back.
    See: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle31995512/

NOTE: To put it into perspective, I know of one corporate move from Toronto to Calgary. All costs were paid for by the company. It came to about $20,000. In the case of Mr. Butts, I believe he charged for real estate commission fees, land transfer taxes etc. in addition to the actual move.

My feeling with this story is that it may be linked to the report about the FiveEyes countries’ plot against Trump. If there is any truth to the latter (which may never become public knowledge,) I could see someone deciding that Trudeau needs to removed from power. I think The Globe and Mail story about Trudeau and SNC-Lavalin came from an “anonymous source.”
    It is no secret in Canada that Justin Trudeau has a pact with George Soros regarding the arrival of more than 400,000 new refugees to Canada. This is called private sponsorship by the George Soros Open Society Foundations.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...onsorship.html

Five Eyes dies already, the organization has been disbanded.

'' Before its disbandment, Five Eyes was the world’s most significant intelligence alliance. Founded in the aftermath of World War II with an agreement between the United States and the U.K., and later expanded to include Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, it entailed the mutual sharing of signals and communications intelligence between these countries and the understanding they would not spy on each other. The terms of the arrangement had not always been upheld, and relations had occasionally been fraught, with Washington previously threatening others with expulsion or suspension from the group.

But the alliance had borne fruit on countless occasions, particularly between Britain and the United States. Anglo-American cooperation had been crucial in tracking Soviet ballistic missile-carrying submarines during the Cold War, and the United States had for decades relied heavily on British listening posts in its former empire for signals intelligence in the Middle East and elsewhere. Following 9/11, American and Pakistani intelligence arrested Osama bin Laden’s aide Khalid Sheikh Mohammed on the strength of an intercepted text message, leading to a wealth of intelligence about planning against British targets.

Some spies in the alliance’s member countries had initially welcomed Trump’s presidency, imagining they would be able to take advantage of his ignorance to increase their budgets and minimize interference in their activities. But looming over everything was the specter of Russian interference. In late 2016, former MI6 officer Christopher Steele had handed the FBI a dossier detailing dozens of sourced claims that Russian intelligence had cultivated and compromised Trump years before he became a presidential candidate.

Investigations by Congress into the relationship between the Trump administration and Russia sparked a Cold War between the U.S. president and his own intelligence agencies. Trump derided every new piece of evidence as fake news, and coupled with the public’s fatigue at a seemingly never-ending political circus, that managed to reduce a scandal that in scale and severity eclipsed Watergate to a mere sideshow for most Americans. But U.S. intelligence officials were less easily distracted and began to wonder how they could share secrets with a president who might be compromised by a hostile power. ''

''The real bombshell came in December 2018. Overnight, WikiLeaks published a cache of high-level correspondence between British and American intelligence analysts about their investigations into Vladimir Putin’s business dealings. One document quoted by Julian Assange in an interview on conspiracy site and Trump favorite InfoWars seemed to suggest the Brits had recommended that the president be “taken out.” The full context made it clear the suggestion had been to remove Trump from the distribution list for reports on Putin, but the damage was already done. Watching the interview over breakfast in Mar-a-Lago, the president reached for his smartphone.''

Q was right!! reread crumbs...

More here: https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/30...ive-eyes-dies/

Last edited by Gaia; 6th March 2019 at 17:50.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Chanie (7th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

As pointed out in posts above, Lavalin's corrupt practices are not restricted to offshore affairs, but include the obtaining of contracts within Canada, such as a $20m bribe to win a McGill hospital contract:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5001839

Regarding being 'unable to compete without bribery in the 3rd world', well cry me a river! It is time to change the paradigm and bring any such corruption to justice. Make it more difficult for anyone to get away with corruption, anywhere, and this world becomes a better place to live.

We don't want our country's policies and spending determined by George Soros or SNC Lavalin. I know this viewpoint is a bit idealistic, but aren't you tired of having governments use fake science (ie. Aspartame is 'safe') , fake contract competition (ie. Lavalin 'winning' government contracts) , and diversion politics (ie. all the fake feminism and environmentalism foisted by this Trudeau government)?

I don't even think we have a choice in this. If we don't prosecute corruption, then we'll be stuck with it and it will likely grow. To me, this is a no brainer.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Chanie (7th March 2019), DaveToo (7th March 2019), Gaia (6th March 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The election will be here sooner. In 6 months Trudeau will be voted out....if I was Andrew Scheer of the conservative or if I was Maxime Bernier. I would ask Jody Wilson-Raybould a true Canadian hero to join my party and specifically would ask her if she would be willing to be my minister of justice if I where to form the next government... We do have the choice Justplain.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Chanie (7th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,930 times in 350 posts

Lest anyone think that corruption is strictly a Liberal problem, I would remind them that Former Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper went to Bohemian Grove as mentioned in Colin Powell’s communication to Conservative Peter McKay and that former Conservative Prime Minister Brian Mulroney was great friends with George Bush Sr. and gave a eulogy at his funeral. They’re all part of the same club.

See: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...op-summer-camp

I listened to Jody Wilson-Raybould’s testimony and agree that she sounds like an honest person.
    Last edited by Chanie; 6th March 2019 at 18:50.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chanie For This Post:

DaveToo (7th March 2019), enfoldedblue (8th March 2019), Gaia (6th March 2019), Justplain (6th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Jordan Peterson on Trudeau... des mots bien mâchés! (well-chewed out words!)

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

DaveToo (8th March 2019), Gaia (8th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread