+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for a 13 y/o girl discovering her "6th Sense"

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member ChristianSky's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Suggestions for a 13 y/o girl discovering her "6th Sense"

Good morning, Avalonians.

So I have a bit of an interesting situation with the 13-year-old daughter of a close friend, and I'm hoping that perhaps some of you who may have dealt with a similar experience may be able to offer some suggestions.

To give a little background on the parents, the father (my close friend) and mother are of Judeo-Christian backgrounds; the mother being a Catholic, and my friend leaning more to towards the Fundamentalist Christian side, though not quite that extreme. In fact, as conservative as he is, although he may not admit it, my feeling is that he is aware that "religion" doesn't hold all the answers. Thus, (knowing some of the things I have experienced over the years) why he has asked for my input.

So within the last 1 1/2 to 2 years, it appears that his daughter has started to become "sensitive". Early on, she would periodically (every few months or so) see blue orbs. However, it seems that over the past two months, her "sensitivity" has ramped up, starting with seeing a figure that she claimed to know was her paternal grandfather (who died when she was too young to remember). She has seen him several times but as of late, has also started seeing gold orbs, light beings, and what seems to spook both her and her father (my friend) out - a shadow figure running around inside their home. There haven't been any negative repercussions as a result of the things she's seeing, per se, but more so concern of the unknown and the uncertainty. The shadow figure she's seen running around does concern them both, particularly since she's seen "it" run out of her mother.

I haven't mentioned much of her mother for the simple reason that her mother doesn't know about this. Although of Catholic background, she is also a scientist. Both my friend and his daughter feel it wouldn't be a good idea to fill her in, at least at this particular time, as they think she may come to a hard left brain conclusion, as to what her daughter is seeing.

My friend tells me that both his father and paternal grandmother were also very "sensitive", which to me explains a lot.

As mentioned, as of late, things have started to ramp up. In just the past week, she's had several sightings of the orbs, light being and shadow figure. Putting the concerns of shadow figure aside, my friend doesn't know what to make of what his daughter is seeing. Background on his daughter, she is very bright, not on any meds, and a natural leader. My friend himself has described his daughter as an "old soul". Coming from a red blooded, American conservative, that tells me a lot. My intuition tells me that she is indeed of a different breed (starseed, indigo, etc.?).

Despite my own "experiences" over the years, I don't know that what I have to offer may be helpful for them. Despite his Judeo-Christian background, I have suggested to my friend to look at it more so as a potential "gift" that his daughter has, and which may continue developing, evident by the happenings of the lat two months.

I've advised him that many mediums started out in a situation similar to his daughter, with fear of the unknown as the dominant factor. But the question is (and where I'm not sure what else to offer), what can she do to learn to manage this, or somewhat understand this, so as not to let "fear" become the dominant factor.

With something that I know has helped me, I have suggested that he consider having his daughter learn to meditate, to perhaps help develop and harness this ability, and also to help possibly find some answers "within". I thought about suggesting she or he read Mary Rodwell's book, "The New Human"; but in the end, concluded this would much more deeper down the rabbit hole than they're ready for.

I've tried searching for other reading material and content via YouTube, but haven't had any luck with that either.

With that, I ask of those of you who have been in a similar predicament can suggest reading material (perhaps suitable for a young teenager), or a YouTube video that can help out.

I believe I posted this thread in the right section, but if I have not, moderators, please feel free to move it accordingly. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance .

Christian
    Last edited by ChristianSky; 7th March 2019 at 14:51.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ChristianSky For This Post:

ceetee9 (10th March 2019), Joe (7th March 2019), Kristin (10th March 2019), Mike (7th March 2019), NancyV (10th March 2019), Nasu (7th March 2019), Patient (7th March 2019), petra (7th March 2019), Sadieblue (8th March 2019), shaberon (7th March 2019), Slobbe (11th March 2019), toppy (7th March 2019), Valerie Villars (7th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 times in 235 posts

Default Re: Suggestions for a 13 y/o girl discovering her "6th Sense"

Meditation, as you suggest, is the best place to start.

In my opinion, people get way to worked up about what they see in their mind - and assign to much importance to it. The ego gets involved and takes over and they start thinking they are overly special - or with religion involved they start assigning meanings of good or evil and all other sorts of unhealthy conditioning to what they see in the spirit world.

I will recommend the dharma talks of Ajman Brahm, they are intended for the lay person, and there are a great many relevant topics like understanding spirits and dealing with fear or anxiety, and of course meditation.

Homeschooling and or tutoring in logic and science will also be helpful as she grows. Balance between both the spiritual/intuitive and logic/philosophy/science will go far towards developing into a healthy adult.

https://bswa.org/teachings/page/4/?t...38;teacher=564

Last edited by Joe; 7th March 2019 at 15:41.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe For This Post:

ChristianSky (7th March 2019), Kristin (10th March 2019), Patient (7th March 2019), Rich (7th March 2019), waree (8th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,000 times in 2,138 posts

"what can she do to learn to manage this, or somewhat understand this, so as not to let "fear" become the dominant factor".

I would encourage her to have fun with the experience like its no big deal because it really is. All of us are mere experiencer with different experiences. Just because someone have a different experience she/he automatically becomes a starchild. I'm starchild too I have a unique experience. So is everyone.
    My advice to my children "life is comprise of positive and negative experiences, good bad; happy sad. You aim for the positive. In the end it would be like looking on the score card, how much sadness as against how much happiness. Guess who wins?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

ChristianSky (7th March 2019), Patient (7th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 times in 144 posts

A wee possible suggestion, is perhaps tell them to contact an exceptionally talented and gifted lady at www.elsabesmit.com - Very pragmatic, grounded, practical, straight talking psychic lady who is also author of 12+ books on many related topics on Amazon and a personal friend of mine. Worth a try. Hope she can help. Regards.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Joe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 times in 235 posts

Do you have any other clues to what interests she has? Art, music, reading, pop culture, animals, sports?

This book, The Autobiography of Emma Hardinge Britten, may be of interest.
    http://www.ehbritten.org/texts/prima...raphy_1900.pdf

Dedication
    To the immortals who have guided
    my footsteps on earth
    these records of my life history are gratefully
    inscribed by the author,
    Emma Hardinge Britten

An archive of her complete works:
    http://www.ehbritten.org/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe For This Post:

ChristianSky (7th March 2019), Kristin (10th March 2019), Patient (7th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

First of all I would teach her the harry potter invisible cloak for protection. When ready of course.
    Blue and gold orbs were taught to me as angel orbs??????? Blue was Archangel Michael and Gold is Archangel Gabriel. So from this point of view they may be protecting her from the shadow people that she sees. I would ask the parents to keep an open mind and so that she can feel safe to discuss such notions. She could go to a spiritual church and get some advice there. I went to one years ago and a kid around the same age she was encouraged to use her skills. She was doing spiritual art of spirits she saw. That is another way around expressing what she sees or keeping a journal. Tell her to note if she was scared and with what and when she was looking at Jesus. That's my input

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

I would encourage her to have fun with the experience like its no big deal because it really is.
    I would agree were it not for the family's Christian background. It doesn't work quite that easily with the religious restraints unfortunately.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianSky For This Post:

Patient (7th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe (here)
    Do you have any other clues to what interests she has? Art, music, reading, pop culture, animals, sports?
    Sports? Her father is a firearms instructor. As for sports she engages in, she herself (at 13 years old) regularly competes in firearms/bow and arrow meets.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    A wee possible suggestion, is perhaps tell them to contact an exceptionally talented and gifted lady at www.elsabesmit.com - Very pragmatic, grounded, practical, straight talking psychic lady who is also author of 12+ books on many related topics on Amazon and a personal friend of mine. Worth a try. Hope she can help. Regards.

Thank you, Scotslad. I will take a look at this. I was thinking of something along the lines of this too - just didn't have someone in particular in mind.
    Last edited by ChristianSky; 7th March 2019 at 20:36.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristianSky For This Post:

Joe (7th March 2019), scotslad (8th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,175 times in 1,122 posts

Why not get her to post with us, is age a factor?

I can say that I have at least two ex's with daughters like this, and I was able to meet one a few times, and everything was ok with her, wonderful person. So if that's any encouragement, this doesn't have to be a big issue, and it's certainly not uncommon, at least to me.

None of our ideas have anything to do with a church. I personally use the method of Mantra.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

ChristianSky (7th March 2019), Kristin (10th March 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Why not get her to post with us, is age a factor?

I can say that I have at least two ex's with daughters like this, and I was able to meet one a few times, and everything was ok with her, wonderful person. So if that's any encouragement, this doesn't have to be a big issue, and it's certainly not uncommon, at least to me.

None of our ideas have anything to do with a church. I personally use the method of Mantra.
    I would agree...but that's not going to happen, unfortunately. Again, they are a very Christian conservative family. They don't see it from the same prism as you and I. I'm doing my part in convincing the father (my friend) that not everything that doesn't look like and "angel" is necessarily "demonic". Thank you, shaberon.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianSky For This Post:

shaberon (13th March 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ChristianSky (here)
    Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

I would encourage her to have fun with the experience like its no big deal because it really is.
    I would agree were it not for the family's Christian background. It doesn't work quite that easily with the religious restraints unfortunately.
    I agree. Its sad, but somehow you have to tell the truth and start the child early. There is no substitute to telling the truth. "Lies repeated equals truth". I mean it should work the same way and more effective, after all its the truth you're saying. So perhaps hearing it from you and another and another will make them take a second look. I came from a family of very devoted Catholics. I came to the realization about religion when our first child is around 8 years old. Now despite the influences of the bigger family in convincing them to go back to Catholicism they wont. They have a taste of no religion and they found out its far better. No i did not force my children to be non Catholics in fact I let them go with anyone , Aunts, sister, my parents to church when they wanted to. I simply explained to them what religion is to my perspective. My wife who was the last to held on to the religious dogma is now a convert to no religion. I guess example works. You said the mother is a scientist. I think people in such field is open to discoveries. I to am a discoverer. But from my experience its fear that makes people adhere to religions. Logic has no place in this. They dont even use it when it comes to religion. Because their belief is based solely on faith.

Why dont you let the dad read this conversation after its over.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

ChristianSky (7th March 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Savannah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 times in 198 posts

For souls on earth the bond we have with children is beyond any relational experience we have with any other human being. A parent will do anything to help, protect, nurture and care for a child. Certainly their are those who abuse/ brow beat into conformity, but this man is clearly not one of them or he would never have reached out to you. She will most likely change her parents and teach them a lot. Their love for her will open their minds and they will question their religious beliefs. IMO being born with these gifts is her challenge an no one can or should take it from her. Her parents may try to protect her but that may not be part of her souls plan. She may know better than anyone on Avalon her souls plan.

However with that said, just accepting her perceptions as real, not crazy or demonic may be the best approach at this early stage. Encouraging the parents to read books that come from a scientific approach may be more acceptable to them. Books like Holotropic Universe and Penny pierce's Frequency will help them understand that perception beyond the five senses is normal and will give them concrete explanations that they can understand and accept without challenging their faith.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

ChristianSky (8th March 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member waree's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe (here)
    Meditation, as you suggest, is the best place to start.

In my opinion, people get way to worked up about what they see in their mind - and assign to much importance to it. The ego gets involved and takes over and they start thinking they are overly special - or with religion involved they start assigning meanings of good or evil and all other sorts of unhealthy conditioning to what they see in the spirit world.

I will recommend the dharma talks of Ajman Brahm, they are intended for the lay person, and there are a great many relevant topics like understanding spirits and dealing with fear or anxiety, and of course meditation.

Homeschooling and or tutoring in logic and science will also be helpful as she grows. Balance between both the spiritual/intuitive and logic/philosophy/science will go far towards developing into a healthy adult.

https://bswa.org/teachings/page/4/?t...38;teacher=564

Agree with this post totally. Buddha taught that meditation is not for gaining the supernatural power as they are Praya Marn (Satan) trying to lure you from the enlightenment.
    Jesus also taught that you should not play with witchcraft, which I agree totally. What is the goal of becoming human? The gift that she has is more of the distraction for her in my opinion. Hopefully she would learn how to deal with it and let it be a positive factor in her life.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to waree For This Post:

ChristianSky (8th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Avalon Member Slobbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 times in 256 posts

From a Christian perspective, this is what the bible holds:

First; spirits and demons are not uncommon in the bible:
    1 Timothy 4:1 "The Spirit [i.e. Holy Spirit] clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."
    Mark 5:8-9 "For he was saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” He replied, “My name is Legion, for we are many.”"
    Matthew 12:43-45"When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.”"

There are more verses like this. So the concept of ghosts, spirits and demons is not unfamiliar within the bible. From that perspective I'd say, the Christian family could be shown this perspective from the bible. And it's as real today as it was back then. Nothing changed in the spiritual realm in that regard. Nor on earth for that matter, if you ask me.

Secondly, regarding a Christian protection for this, and this would go for each individual of the household, not just the daughter. Being filled [i.e. not empty as underlined above in Matthew 12:43-45] with Christ [Holy Spirit] is the best protection. Here's an example of apostle Paul, who was spirit [Christ/Holy Spirit] filled, and seven Jewish guys, that weren't Spirit filled, during an exorcism:

Acts 19:13-16 "Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.” Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this. But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?” And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded."

If you'd like more information regarding how to be filled by Christ [Holy Spirit], you can send me a pm and I'll respond when I read it.
    Last edited by Slobbe; 8th March 2019 at 13:12.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slobbe For This Post:

ChristianSky (8th March 2019), waree (8th March 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    From a Christian perspective, this is what the bible holds:
    Thank you, Slobbe. All of you have been very helpful.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianSky For This Post:

Slobbe (9th March 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,927 times in 2,539 posts

Gigi Young has some really great advice. Her videos are wonderful and she endorses an approach which empowers and protects the individual.

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,714 times in 9,343 posts

Gigi is featured on Dark Journalist's latest in the X series (also posted here):
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1280170

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Gigi Young has some really great advice. Her videos are wonderful and she endorses an approach which empowers and protects the individual.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (10th March 2019), Kristin (10th March 2019)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Good advice from our friends. I'd like to add to let the child freely choose her path after making her aware of the choices. I've have taken care of 8 children. My strategy is to give advice and let them choose. If they fail on their chosen path, I'm there to help them back on their feet, no rules no conditions. Nothing beats love and acceptance, it destroys fear the shackle that binds many of us.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Kristin (10th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread