Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan Exposed?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Joe Rogan Exposed?

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    Also, if you think Joe is a shill, think back to Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson and remember that Joe gave them a platform to change our history and without that where would their work be?
    For reference: links to the podcasts below. They're solid gold, with a ton of detailed information. Joe Rogan is clearly fascinated with the topic (18 hours on the Younger-Dryas impact hypothesis!), and he's read the books. As Alex Jones remarks, he knows everything already.

#360, with Graham Hancock:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tsu2-I2q6dg

#417, with Graham Hancock:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=1cbnCrHwVSg

#501, with Randall Carlson:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R31SXuFeX0A

#606, with Randall Carlson:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1jJhpDQ2zlo

#872, with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0H5LCLljJho

And #961, with Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson & Michael Shermer (a skeptic/debunker, who's not a very nice person, but who brings quite some fire and stimulation to the discussion)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tFlAFo78xoQ

I have to say, I really don't care too much personally who Joe Rogan's producers or Sponsors might be. He has interesting and entertaining guests (some of them VERY interesting), and he's the best interviewer on the circuit bar none. And having Alex Jones back on a second time does strongly suggest (to me) that he makes his own decisions.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I never miss a podcast. He has the most fascinating guests, too numerous to list.

In particular: Oscar Award winner for Free Solo documentary, before it won the Oscar

and Paul Stamets who is a mycologist, author and advocate of bioremediation and medicinal fungi: the latest Star Trek T.V. series used his ideas about how mushrooms propagate on a "Quantum" level" which when used as a source for a "Warp Drive" that essentially allows for the craft to be anywhere in the universe "instantly".

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Constance (11th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), Iancorgi (11th March 2019), Mike (11th March 2019), Praxis (11th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), TargeT (11th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 times in 821 posts

The exposed video confirmed what I've felt for some time now about Joe Rogan. I've gotten the shill vibe from him from the get go. That being said the guests he has on make the show why I started tuning in lately. Since the Alex Jones return show I've checked out a few like Jesse Ventura and what not.

His shill vibe kind of turns me off though cause at times he puts out a manipulative follow me kind of vibe. Consumption for the masses to influence and steer as he's directed.
    Don't try to create the light but rather open up and let the light shine through you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Star Tsar (13th March 2019), waree (11th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 times in 534 posts

I have found most of his podcasts to be informative and challenging the current narrative on health, society, medicine and nutrition.
    He has raised to prminence several researchers, citzen scientists and alt thinkers that were really quite informative and interesting.

I do not watch his MMA/Sports shows very often but...some have proven to be insightful as well.

If he is a total shill.....I find it unlikely.........but as we all know. Anyone of influence may be tried to be influenced.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), airaspect (11th March 2019), Constance (11th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), TargeT (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to echo Billís description that Rogan is the best on the circuit. I havenít seen a better interviewer than him in both alternative or normal Media. In my opinion he is very aware of the whole game but is also smart enough to keep his mouth shut and not piss off the owners of this planet. He has a family to look after and he knows exactly how to stay authentic and anti establishment without crossing the line.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jad For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), airaspect (11th March 2019), Bill Ryan (11th March 2019), Constance (11th March 2019), CurEus (11th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), Iancorgi (11th March 2019), OmeyocaN777 (11th March 2019), Sophocles (11th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), TargeT (11th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,038 times in 383 posts

I am not sure what norman is getting at with the flick of a switch but I am pretty sure that he just called me stupid. Can I get confirmation on this one?

Am I misreading that?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Praxis For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), Mike (11th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jad (here)
    I want to echo Billís description that Rogan is the best on the circuit. I havenít seen a better interviewer than him in both alternative or normal Media. In my opinion he is very aware of the whole game but is also smart enough to keep his mouth shut and not piss off the owners of this planet. He has a family to look after and he knows exactly how to stay authentic and anti establishment without crossing the line.
    Joe Rogan is good at a lot of things including interviewing. That's why he's in the position he's in. But he'll keep playing the "I'm dumb I just like to get high" card to reinforce the "average joe" persona. What should we do next Joe?
    Don't try to create the light but rather open up and let the light shine through you.

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,294 times in 3,402 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    Joe Rogan is good at a lot of things including interviewing. That's why he's in the position he's in. But he'll keep playing the "I'm dumb I just like to get high" card to reinforce the "average joe" persona. What should we do next Joe?

well even his weed smoking is meticulously researched. he's a veritable encyclopedia of weed and all it's merits and demerits. he's a fiercely logical guy, well read, and open-minded enough to have someone like Alex on the show but not so much that his brains are falling out.

it's clear to me that he takes pride in his preparation and his emphasis on the intellectual. he will freely admit when he doesn't know something, but I have no idea how you're getting, "I'm dumb and I just like to get high" from that.

people on forums like ours have to understand that not everyone has been exposed to all the material we have; someone like Joe is aware of quite a few of the goings-on in our community here, but some of the details he's hearing for the first time. lets not mistake his intellectual probing and refusal to jump to conclusions with waffling or deep state sympathies.

he's not on "our" side any more than he's on "their" side. he's just an intellectually curious dude with a popular podcast, occasionally wading thru some very murky waters. that's it
    Last edited by Mike; 11th March 2019 at 18:40.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), AutumnW (15th March 2019), Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (11th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Ivanhoe (11th March 2019), Jad (11th March 2019), muxfolder (11th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), TargeT (11th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,169 times in 469 posts

In my opinion he is very aware of the whole game but is also smart enough to keep his mouth shut and not piss off the owners of this planet. He has a family to look after and he knows exactly how to stay authentic and anti establishment without crossing the line.
    Wholeheartedly agree with this statement. He does tackle many interesting topics but he certainly knows where not to go. And to that end, he is controlled opposition.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (11th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Mike (11th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019), waree (11th March 2019)

16. Link to Post #29
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,822 times in 6,979 posts

I have to say, I really don't care too much personally who Joe Rogan's producers or Sponsors might be.
    (IIRC) Joe is the producer of his Pod cast, he started it a long time ago from his living room and has expanded over the years but it's always been him (and his friends) running the show.

I think that's what makes his interviews so good, he's doing what he wants to do and is genuinely interested in talking about the topics he covers.
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (11th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Ivanhoe (11th March 2019), Jad (11th March 2019), Mike (11th March 2019), muxfolder (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,081 times in 358 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

well even his weed smoking is meticulously researched. he's a veritable encyclopedia of weed and all it's merits and demerits. he's a fiercely logical guy, well read, and open-minded enough to have someone like Alex on the show but not so much that his brains are falling out.

it's clear to me that he takes pride in his preparation and his emphasis on the intellectual. he will freely admit when he doesn't know something, but I have no idea how you're getting, "I'm dumb and I just like to get high" from that.

people on forums like ours have to understand that not everyone has been exposed to all the material we have; someone like Joe is aware of quite a few of the goings-on in our community here, but some of the details he's hearing for the first time. lets not mistake his intellectual probing and refusal to jump to conclusions with waffling or deep state sympathies.

he's not on "our" side any more than he's on "their" side. he's just an intellectually curious dude with a popular podcast, occasionally wading thru some very murky waters. that's it
    That's really not "it." I don't know if he's handled by anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if some particular parties are putting money in his pockets to say some things and NOT say others. He does have some good guests, but let's not forget that the guy is making millions of dollars a year from this thing. He makes money not only from his obvious advertisements but he also sneaks in ads by verbally "slipping in" certain products. This was pointed out in Matthew's videos and I find it very insidious.

Something's off about the guy, no matter how cool, current and trendy he appears. Watch some of his other videos, he treats some of his guests horribly, like Steven Tyler for example, and others. Interrupting, sly sarcasm and various forms of macho bulls--t. The guy has a huge ego. And we're all feeding it! No wonder he and Jones have a love-hate thing going.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

DNA (11th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019), waree (11th March 2019)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 times in 485 posts

Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Wholeheartedly agree with this statement. He does tackle many interesting topics but he certainly knows where not to go. And to that end, he is controlled opposition.
    I think you just put Bill Ryan into the category of controlled opposition with that statement. :-)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

DNA (11th March 2019), TargeT (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019)

22. Link to Post #32
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,822 times in 6,979 posts

Quote Posted by Joe Akulis (here)
    Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    I think you just put Bill Ryan into the category of controlled opposition with that statement. :-)
    And me, and most of us.....
    There was a 1: 400,000,000,000,000 chance of you being born: what have you done with your miraculous life today?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ivanhoe (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (11th March 2019)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)

That's really not "it." I don't know if he's handled by anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if some particular parties are putting money in his pockets to say some things and NOT say others. He does have some good guests, but let's not forget that the guy is making millions of dollars a year from this thing. He makes money not only from his obvious advertisements but he also sneaks in ads by verbally "slipping in" certain products. This was pointed out in Matthew's videos and I find it very insidious.

Something's off about the guy, no matter how cool, current and trendy he appears. Watch some of his other videos, he treats some of his guests horribly, like Steven Tyler for example, and others. Interrupting, sly sarcasm and various forms of macho bulls--t. The guy has a huge ego. And we're all feeding it! No wonder he and Jones have a love-hate thing going.

well i don't agree with much of that, but fair enough.

i've seen quite a few of his videos. i think i get the gist.

here's the issue i have with the thread, and some of what you're saying: you said, something is off about the guy. in this community, something is always off about somebody! we're the harshest judges! in other words, we won't allow ourselves to fully enjoy anybody who comes along because of this perceived fault or that one. our collective mantra should be, if there isn't an issue with someone, we'll find one! (...and if we can't find one, we'll play some distorted game of '7 degrees of kevin bacon' to make him look like george soros best buddy)

it's like in a romantic relationship, when one partner subconsciously is sabotaging the thing to prevent from being hurt in the future. we've been made to look foolish so many times, that we now over-compensate in some situations..this being one in my opinion.

joe can be a little annoying at times, but who isn't??? for however many units of sarcasm he's displayed, he's offered us 10,000 more in sheer value. for all the quality he offers us, i'm willing to make allowances for the occasional hiccup.

as for the ad thing, it doesn't trouble me. i mean, you get 2 straight hours of uninterrupted material..no commercials!! it's unheard of these days. rogan slipping in a few product placement things seems like a small price to pay for that!

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Billy (12th March 2019), Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (12th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Ivanhoe (11th March 2019), Sophocles (12th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Variant's Avatar
    Thanks

Thereís really nothing to expose here? Heís a sensible, humorous man with a semi-popular podcast exploring martial arts, psychedelics, comedy, and even a little science.

As Bill said earlier, if anything, heís doing the community a favor featuring uncomfortable opinions from the likes of Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Variant For This Post:

Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (12th March 2019), Debra (12th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 242,305 times in 17,609 posts

i mean, you get 2 straight hours of uninterrupted material..no commercials!! it's unheard of these days. rogan slipping in a few product placement things seems like a small price to pay for that!
    Right. Compare that with MANY other podcasts, where the hysterical commercials go on for sometimes 5 minutes on end. If Joe Rogan is selling anything at all (and I'll not question anyone's word that he is!), I've simply never noticed it. That's just fine by me.

And I do appreciate that he's not got any kind of paywall behind which 'part 2' is always held back for paying subscribers. Too many people do that now, and I really dislike it. (I'd rather suffer the in-your-face commercials.)

Nor does he ever once hit the desperate pleading hammer of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE !!!! And no livestream viewers, who so many YouTubers fawn to, and no 'superchat' donations. (OMG.)

And no fluffy cats. And no wife or partner who's obliged to be in on almost everything.

We need more podcasts like this, not less. A lot more.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11th March 2019 at 21:40.

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (12th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Ivanhoe (11th March 2019), Jad (11th March 2019), Mike (11th March 2019), Rachel (12th March 2019), RedX (12th March 2019), Sophocles (12th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019), Variant (11th March 2019), Yoda (12th March 2019)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

i mean, you get 2 straight hours of uninterrupted material..no commercials!! it's unheard of these days. rogan slipping in a few product placement things seems like a small price to pay for that!
    Right. Compare that with MANY other podcasts, where the hysterical commercials go on for sometimes 5 minutes on end. If Joe Rogan is selling anything at all (and I'll not question anyone's word that he is!), I've simply never noticed it. That's just fine by me.

And I do appreciate that he's not got any kind of paywall behind which 'part 2' is always held back for paying subscribers. Too many people do that now, and I really dislike it. (I'd rather suffer the in-your-face commercials.)

Nor does he ever once hit the desperate pleading hammer of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE !!!! And no livestream viewers, who so many YouTubers fawn to, and no 'superchat' donations. (OMG.)

And no fluffy cats. And no wife or partner who's obliged to be in on almost everything.

...and no joe rogan t shirts for sale

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), Chip (11th March 2019), Constance (12th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Rachel (12th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

I see the good that he does in providing a platform for great thinkers. I think it boils down to personal opinion or intuition. I dont resonate with how he interacts with certain guests by kind of controlling the narrative. He's a mainstream podcast in my opinion. What can I say I dont go along with " were all cyborgs already" as Joe reiterated Elon Musks statement.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

DNA (11th March 2019), waree (11th March 2019)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 242,305 times in 17,609 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    What can I say I dont go along with " were all cyborgs already" as Joe reiterated Elon Musks statement.
    What I think that means is this:

Give your smartphone to a friend for 7 days, and instruct him or her NOT to give it back to you no matter how much you beg and plead.

And use that time to take some long walks, meditate, listen to music, do some gardening, or simply talk at length with good friends over real coffee.

Then ó one might realize how conditioned, programmed and controlled we all really are.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11th March 2019 at 22:19.

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

abmqa (11th March 2019), anandacate (12th March 2019), Billy (12th March 2019), Constance (11th March 2019), DNA (11th March 2019), Ivanhoe (11th March 2019), Nasu (12th March 2019), Rachel (12th March 2019), Star Tsar (13th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019), Variant (11th March 2019), Yoda (12th March 2019)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

My wife would never allow that. It's my tracking device lol

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Jad (11th March 2019), Rachel (12th March 2019), waree (11th March 2019)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,081 times in 358 posts

I'm not gonna argue with your opinion of Rogan or anyone else's. But your last point I will counter -- we need LESS podcasts and more of --- something else.

What that something else is, I don't exactly know. But I do remember Alex Jones's reaction to the Occupy Wall St. movement. Not only did he play it down, he knocked it down, said it was basically worthless, maybe even some kind of set up or however he phrases that. At that moment I knew Jones didn't want to see any real change in this country. Anything truly beautiful to happen between people. I was there and I saw it myself. We hadn't had anything like that since the 60s and nothing since. Where people weren't watching a podcast or looking at their screens. They were standing in front of each other and talking with one another -- agreeing and disagreeing. That's when I saw what Jones was about. (Interestingly, I've mentioned this on Avalon before and no one took it up).

So, no, we don't need more podcasts. Or more chat forums with endless speculations. We need more people giving up the "stories," and talking to each other. Giving up the heroes with the loud voices and the big muscles and the money and prestige to lure the famous people. Who keep on telling us "what it's like and what life is really about."

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Debra (12th March 2019), Tyy1907 (11th March 2019), Valerie Villars (12th March 2019), waree (11th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast