+ Reply to Thread

Thread: U.S. travelers will need visa to visit Europe

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,300 times in 629 posts

Default U.S. travelers will need visa to visit Europe

I have to wonder what this is about .... I would think this would hurt financially .. but there has to be more to this, and once again MSM is not telling, or i'm just an conspiracy nut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U.S. travelers will need visa to visit Europe beginning in 2021
    By: Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
    March 9, 2019 4:04 AM

https://www.wokv.com/news/travelers-...jgzra7xSTrsLN/

U.S. citizens traveling to Europe will need a new kind of visa starting in 2021, CNN reported.

The European Union announced Friday that American tourists will be required to obtain a European Travel Information and Authorization System visa -- known as ETIAS -- to visit the 26 European countries that allow border-free travel, The Hill reported.

Those countries include France, Germany, Greece, Italy and Poland, CNN reported. Under current rules, U.S. citizens can travel to Europe and stay there for up to 90 days without a visa.

U.S. citizens will need a valid passport, an email account and a debit or credit card to apply for the ETIAS, according to its website. Minors will still just need their normal passports to travel. The ETIAS will be valid for three years, according to the European Union.

U.S. travelers will not require a prior permit to visit the United Kingdom, The Hill reported.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Nasu (9th March 2019), peterpam (10th March 2019), Slobbe (10th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th March 2019), Valerie Villars (9th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: U.S. travelers will need visa to visit Europe

Hi! This is my first time posting, but I did want to say that the United States already requires this from foreign travelers wanting to visit. It's called an ESTA. My husband has to apply before he enters the US, but it's good for a few years. I believe the EU is just doing the same. We find it inconvenient when we want to visit family in the States, but it's required.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ally S. For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (10th March 2019), enigma3 (9th March 2019), Gurnemanz (9th March 2019), Nasu (9th March 2019), peterpam (10th March 2019), ramus (9th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th March 2019), Valerie Villars (9th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,657 times in 2,072 posts

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    I have to wonder what this is about .... I would think this would hurt financially .. but there has to be more to this, and once again MSM is not telling, or i'm just an conspiracy nut

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U.S. travelers will need visa to visit Europe beginning in 2021
    By: Bob D'Angelo, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
    March 9, 2019 4:04 AM

https://www.wokv.com/news/travelers-...jgzra7xSTrsLN/

U.S. citizens traveling to Europe will need a new kind of visa starting in 2021, CNN reported.

The European Union announced Friday that American tourists will be required to obtain a European Travel Information and Authorization System visa -- known as ETIAS -- to visit the 26 European countries that allow border-free travel, The Hill reported.

Those countries include France, Germany, Greece, Italy and Poland, CNN reported. Under current rules, U.S. citizens can travel to Europe and stay there for up to 90 days without a visa.

U.S. citizens will need a valid passport, an email account and a debit or credit card to apply for the ETIAS, according to its website. Minors will still just need their normal passports to travel. The ETIAS will be valid for three years, according to the European Union.

U.S. travelers will not require a prior permit to visit the United Kingdom, The Hill reported.
    Its about being fair. Most people have to secure visa when entering the US. It should be the same way around. Its about time its called equality. It should be implemented in all aspects of society.
    Last edited by Bubu; 9th March 2019 at 16:59.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

ramus (9th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th March 2019), wondering (9th March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,732 times in 4,210 posts

Yea, agree, I can't enter the US without a visa. What's the big deal. I didn't even realise it wasn't already happening.

I can't imagine the visa thing will apply to boat loads of migrants arriving on European beaches tho'. If I was an American, I think I'd just ignore it and turn up anyway. We'll give you a house, and an income, and free-at-the-point-of-delivery health care, and we'll even change our laws to accommodate whatever bad habits you may have.
    Last edited by norman; 10th March 2019 at 07:35.
    .................................................. my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

peterpam (10th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,495 times in 1,584 posts

regarding visas:

refugees to/into any country don't require visas; but tax-paying citizens just requesting a vacation regardless of country/citizenship DO?

is there not seriously something wrong regarding the system?

Larry

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (10th March 2019), Michi (10th March 2019), peterpam (10th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    regarding visas:

refugees to/into any country don't require visas; but tax-paying citizens just requesting a vacation regardless of country/citizenship DO?

s there not seriously something wrong regarding the system?

Larry
    Maybe try to be a refugee. That will make things even.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Agape (10th March 2019), peterpam (10th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,574 times in 3,404 posts

Can’t wait the day when this world goes visa free. Visas are like game of cards in so called diplomatic policies of respective countries and their territories.
    They’re issued reciprocally between any two countries or territories( such as the EU of recent) with little if any concern on reality of human lives and matters.

For governments they are not more than a card in the game that can be legally issued or scrapped anytime.
    Visas for regular visitors are easy to obtain electronically for most of the civilised world and cost very little compared to most of your expenses.

If you decide to stay and live in any other country than “yours” the amount of paperwork and reasoning it requires is often extraordinary, the process is too costly and as matter of fact - you would have to lie ( and many people seem to go for it) to oblige to the systems reasonings.

The world and its population is diverse, mixed and nomadic in its nature since its beginnings and at all times. People can’t and shouldn’t be contained in countries turning to prison camps. It’s a humane right to move, wander, explore and discover that brought us forwards at all times.
    It’s in nature of our Spirit to wander, move and explore, to learn, learn to respect differences, find our place under the Sun.
    No true find happens without the possibility of searching for it.

It’s what ALL our ancestors did for millions of years.

There’s no human or other force that can stop that process.

Yet the dumbs try to do just that, imprison people in boxes and those who find their home elsewhere are forced to give pretentious reasons for doing so.

If the world was run based on true and free laws,
    there would no “human trafficking” at the end because the need for forced marriages and impossible adoption laws too would disappear.
    People would keep their families together. Naturally they do. If you prevent them from doing so, it’s a crime against humanity. If you force them to do so following some pervert law it’s a crime against humanity too.

In free world, there would be no hatred at the border checks and much less economical envy.
    People would start following REALITY again and where they need to be to live happy and healthy. Happy and healthy people do not commit many crimes or fight wars.

Opening these borders/policies is happening though slowly , slowly because how ignorant people lived of each other in the past, how fearful and uneducated they once were. But it’s like the world opening eyes to itself.

I don’t see a reason why we should call this world and its inhabitants lawless if it was essentially free world, with some IDs -like birth certificates-that would serve as all-in-ones for the rest of life so could also register your education for example and your offences if any - but would guarantee freedom of movement.

My question for humanity will remain till then, “if there comes an ice age or great flood where will you run? South or the North?”

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bubu (10th March 2019), Michi (10th March 2019), peterpam (10th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

restriction is the enemy of freedom. If we want freedom then abolish restrictions. Simple as that. Every restriction is an opportunity for the controllers to rob people. Worst is to see some group with lots of privilege while the others merely have enough to survive. Of course there is something very wrong with the system. And the worst of all wrongs is people seeing the obvious wrong as right and right as wrong. simply because they have a personal agenda to protect they become blind to the urgent needs of their brothers and sisters.
    Last edited by Bubu; 10th March 2019 at 10:44.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Agape (10th March 2019), peterpam (10th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread