+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Banned cinema movie La Belle Verte (The Green Beautiful)

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,552 times in 20,694 posts

Default Re: Banned cinema movie La Belle Verte (The Green Beautiful)

What a lovely, touching, hilarious, moving movie. I especially loved the pediatrician who was "disconnected" by the ET and realized he knew absolutely nothing about giving birth.
    I am sending this to everyone I know who will appreciate it.
    I put in a request to Netflix to feature it.
    I am a real movie buff, and this is one of my new all-time favorites.
    Thanks for posting!!!!!

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,552 times in 20,694 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4614...La_Belle_Verte

Above a link to a torrent 2.94 Gb (a DVD image file)
    I could not get past the "spam check" on this link. Any way around that?

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

thank you Nagual for this vid, jaybee had posted it else where, but i only watched the 1st one, i will look forward to watching the others at my leasure, i really enjoyed the simple beauty of the message in this heartfelt film.

love
    m

4. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

I didn't realise there was already a thread for this... I came across it on the 'who should we interview' thread.

Bl**dy loved it... and I cried too... at the paediatrician bit... and in other places too. Small, crystal trickles of joy and hope down my face...

Why can't all the threads at Avalon be full of this kind of joy, hope and love....?

Yes.. I liked it better in French.. didn't have all that rotten Loosechange-Zeitgeist-drum-n-bass pounding through it, or patronising voiceover... just great French actors in a realistic setting. Only the French can do that simple childlike wonder in adult form.

Perfect.

Looking forward to the Boycott ! (I got rid of my telly three months ago by the way... so when are you guys chucking out yours ??? )

5. Link to Post #25
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you, Nagual, for posting this movie The Green Beautiful, a jewel that touched my heart, much appreciated!

6. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

Good Morning All......

Just wanted to bump this....

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

It has an ET theme...and is very enjoyable, moving and funny.

First part of 9 here.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qPMfzToE_n0

ENJOY

7. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

Happy Sunday All !

Here it is again for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I love this film... x

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qPMfzToE_n0

8. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,107 times in 577 posts

A fun film but also very serious. A taste of how our world could be ? The film is in French with English subtitles.

Enjoy!

La belle Verte (English title The Green Beautiful) is a 1996 French film directed by Coline Serreau and released by Les Films Alain Sarde and TF1 Films Production. Screenplay and original music score written by Coline Serreau. Produced by Alain Sarde. Cinematography by Robert Alazraki. Editor - Catherine Renault. Runtime - 99 min. Filmed on locations at Australia and France.

A beautiful story strongly encompassing the need to bring a spiritual balance of ecology, love and compassion in today’s world. Originally in French, the movie’s protagonist is Mila who is half earthling and half alien! She lives on a planet far away from ours much more spiritually advanced and ecologically balanced. The alien planet wants to send a representative to Earth to make a check of developments here and gauge the energy levels. What happens after that is what you will know when you watch the movie!

The Green Beautiful has already won many awards at International film festivals, however every aware individual must watch it to connect to the simplicity of our life and what magic it can bring to our planet!

The movie effortlessly brings out the loop-side of our ecological and economical system. And how we are projecting our fears to each other. I feel that if you are here to make a difference to this planet by helping it become more peaceful and greener, The Green Beautiful will help you open your mind to unexplored possibilities. The movie may appear to be fictional, but the story tugs the strings of your heart. A big thumbs-up to portray Eco-conservation in such a special way!
    Last edited by Samsara; 29th November 2011 at 03:07.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samsara For This Post:

Blueskywalking (29th November 2011), sandy (29th November 2011), sunflower (30th November 2011), The One (29th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,323 times in 995 posts

This is one of the first films I watched online, over a year ago. It was just at the beginning of my awakening. It's good in showing 'what is possible', but I'm now aware of the greater complexities of the 'troubles' our world now faces, particularly from 'outside'.

This is Not to say that such a world isn't possible, but it will take a LOT MORE than just the full awakening of humankind. We will need a broader awareness and greater discernment to be able to move into this 'brave new world' that will occur as we move into the greater galactic community that surrounds us, literally and figuratively.

In Unity and Peace

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Samsara (30th November 2011)

12. Link to Post #30
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,469 times in 858 posts

I would like to share a film that is aligned with Avalonians. The film had been banned from cinemas in Europe and the United States. Indeed, there have been some banned movies in the history of cinema that have mainly been thought provoking. This I feel is one of them. I hope you enjoy it.

La Belle Verte (The Green Beautiful). It has English subtitles

https://vimeo.com/214163453

Background of movie:

Painting an untold story of an extraterrestrial’s adventure on Earth, “La Belle Verte” (The Green Beautiful) is a film that encouraged viewers to question the conventions of human society on our planet, by looking from the eyes of beings from another planet. It was written and directed by Coline Serreau, who also starred in this 1996 movie with French actor Vincent Lindon.

The story begins with a large crowd of people who are delegates from their villages. As we soon find out, they live on a very civilized and prosperous planet away from Earth. These elevated beings often gather on the summit of a mountain in an open, green field for meetings focused on improving their society. Telepathic and egalitarian, they produce goods of their specialty and trade with others according to their specific needs rather than using monetary systems. They communicate by telepathy and thrive in bliss and unity. In this carefree society, people are bestowed with longevity and typically live until the age of 250 years. Because of their benevolent and adventurous nature, there are many volunteers who are eager to travel to other planets in order to teach and learn from their inhabitants. However, no one wants to visit Earth.

After a long discussion, the main character Mila, played by the director Coline Serreau, is the sole volunteer for a mission to Earth. Her fellow citizens help Mila with all preparations, giving her useful tips, including the skill to “disconnect” a person. This transforms the individual to become more open and considerate of his or her surroundings.

Upon arrival, Mila has a difficult time adjusting to her new location. She does not like the lack of biodiversity. In addition, she observes that people are not very happy. She saw an exhibition of “dead bodies,” which is actually the meat at a shop, and notices that the food is making all Earthlings sick.

Unable to consume Earth’s food, she telepathically communicates with her planet by placing her feet in water and learns that she must hold a baby in order to recharge her energy. She goes into a hospital where she finds a sick infant to energize her while she heals him. Macha, a nice young lady who cares for the new borns, reveals to Mila that the baby does not have a family and may be taken by the welfare services.
    After meeting the stern head of the medical center, Professor Max Varron, Mila “disconnects” him, and he decides to help Mila in her mission. Together, they must rescue the infant and help people awaken to the inherent beauties of their world.

By depicting the stark contrasts between Mila’s innocent and concerned thoughts and the behavior of the people she meets, the film “The Green Beautiful” portrays the potential of life on Earth with the restoration of compassion and eco-consciousness. Like the elevated beings elsewhere, humans can also create an atmosphere of peace and hospitality.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

Agape (11th March 2019), anandacate (11th March 2019), avid (10th March 2019), Bill Ryan (10th March 2019), EFO (10th March 2019), Forest Denizen (10th March 2019), Hym (11th March 2019), Iancorgi (11th March 2019), Inaiá (10th March 2019), Kristin (10th March 2019), Rosemarie (11th March 2019), Sophocles (12th March 2019), Tintin (12th March 2019)

14. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

The Vimeo link works very well. Thank you. I enjoyed the movie.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

anandacate (11th March 2019), aoibhghaire (16th March 2019), Bill Ryan (10th March 2019), Forest Denizen (10th March 2019), Tintin (12th March 2019)

16. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,505 times in 32,931 posts

I saw it quite a while back, and yes, it's most charming, creative, quirky and unusual.

There's a lot of re-posted stuff on blogs about it having been 'banned' — but I can NOT find any definitive reference for that. No news articles, no reports in movie reviews about any such thing. And no mention of any banning even on the French Wiki page about the film.

I even looked on Quora, where the 'why was it banned'? question had been asked. The answer was posted, though without any references, that it hadn't been banned at all.

A question for our French speakers here: does 'La Belle Verte' really mean 'The Green Beautiful'? That seems such a strange mashup of a dreadful mistranslation. The IMDB page suggests that in English it should be 'The Green Planet' — and I'd agree.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (11th March 2019), anandacate (11th March 2019), aoibhghaire (15th March 2019), avid (10th March 2019), Constance (12th March 2019), Tintin (12th March 2019), Yoda (11th March 2019)

18. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ---
    A question for our French speakers here: does 'La Belle Verte' really mean 'The Green Beautiful'? That seems such a strange mashup of a dreadful mistranslation. The IMDB page suggests that in English it should be 'The Green Planet' — and I'd agree.
    It literally says "The beautiful Green" ... I guess 'planet' is implicitly assumed on the dots

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

aoibhghaire (15th March 2019), Bill Ryan (10th March 2019), Hym (11th March 2019), Iancorgi (11th March 2019), Tintin (12th March 2019)

20. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 times in 913 posts

There's so much that's good in this movie, with so much talent to convey the many messages in it. I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

I liked the complexity of the improvisations and dance in the concert scene, the monty-pythonesque soccer scenes, the honesty that overcomes the head physician when he asks his wife if he is really that bad and her admission of how she uses him.

After their awakenings, the earthling characters in this film represent my people. Fun, skilled, honest and moving on. The world needs many more films with these qualities written into them. (Can't expect the real world to be like that because of the present infancy of most human societies.)

Wait....I take that back. The native, aboriginal Aussies were represented, without the modern influences they've endured, as a highly developed species.

Please do recommend film, even short film, with these qualities when you find them or remember seeing them. Many Thanks.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hym For This Post:

aoibhghaire (16th March 2019)

22. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

Am having difficulty on all video platform and torrent sites.........

23. Link to Post #36
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

A German version is also available on vimeo (360p)
    "Der grüne Planet"
    https://vimeo.com/102515615

According to wikipedia, the producers have never planned to offer a German version on DVD, though it has been produced (as anyone can see in the linked video above).

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Rich (12th March 2019)

25. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

BTW Pitatebay.org is not "safe" look for everyone who may be blocked

This link works for the documentary Piratebay.se type your search in manually consider usin this link to find proxy sites to help you link to piratebay if your ISP blocks you https://proxybay.cc/

26. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I saw it quite a while back, and yes, it's most charming, creative, quirky and unusual.

There's a lot of re-posted stuff on blogs about it having been 'banned' — but I can NOT find any definitive reference for that. No news articles, no reports in movie reviews about any such thing. And no mention of any banning even on the French Wiki page about the film.

I even looked on Quora, where the 'why was it banned'? question had been asked. The answer was posted, though without any references, that it hadn't been banned at all.

Absolutely delightfull movie, yes indeed.

As for the 'lost in translation' bit, 'La Belle Verte' translates best into the 'Green Planet' although inevitaly it loses much of its poetry.

In French 'oh la belle verte', or 'oh la belle bleue' or 'oh la belle rouge' is mostly used when admiring fireworks with kids

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

Agape (11th March 2019), anandacate (11th March 2019), Bill Ryan (11th March 2019)

28. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,505 times in 32,931 posts

Here it is in the Avalon Library, with hard-encoded (embedded) English subtitles.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Tintin (12th March 2019), Yoda (12th March 2019)

30. Link to Post #40
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

This movie is inspired by the Ringing Cedars movement in Russia, Anastasia and Vladimir Megre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast