Thread: Wikipedia and the Abuse of Truth

1. Link to Post #41
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,643 times in 20,814 posts

Exclamation Re: Wikipedia and the Abuse of Truth

How Weaponized Wikipedia Is Used To Smear People!

For believers proof is not necessary ... for non-believers proof is never good enough or "impossible" ... BOTH believers & non-believers suk! ... Because they want everything to be spoon-fed to them! ... It takes more effort to go beyond the conditioning (for or against).

I avoid the use of the word "believe" for a very good reason ... I rather consider ... or I know ... or I am aware ... or I have experienced ... etc. etc. ... (believe systems often begs to be corrected) ... the moment some one asks you: "Do you beLIEve?" it is a MIND TRAP to lure you in to assuming that there is "nothing" to know or to experience.

Am not seeking agreement ... nor the opposite ... as long as I stay in my own integrity and self-honesty ... we all have to deal with (partial altered) perceptions ... with many assumptions that are based upon what has been spoon-fed to all of us in a certain way ... Letting go of the "need for agreement" is very liberating and still respecting other points of view! ... Nobody has "all the right answers" and nobody has all the "wrong answers" either. There a lot people who want to control the narrative fanatically (left & right). This extreme need to force one-sided thinking is often a sign of severe insecurity.

Real Honest Conspiracy Researchers studies Proven Conspiracy Facts and sometimes have "Theories" about KNOWN liars mixed with hard evidence of corruption, colluding, deceptions etc. To label some one "Conspiracy Theorists" is to falsely assume that some one "only" cooks up "theories". This need to control the narrative by MSM is part of mass dumbing down of a nation!

Look up the word "Conspiracy" in any (LAW) Dictionary ... then ask yourself is that "science fiction"? ... When 2 or more people prepare to commit a crime or to do harm is that so "far fetched"? ... What MSM tries to do is you to be associated with certain people that are FAR from being a true researchers or being an honest conspiracy analyst. The reason MSM never can share an honest representation of that what they attack is because they assume most will not verify their own sold claims & judgemental assumptions to them! So they count on you being lazy!

cheers.
    John Kuhles aka ExomatrixTV
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st October 2019 at 00:30.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Akasha (22nd October 2019), avid (21st October 2019), Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Cara (21st October 2019), Craig (21st October 2019), Franny (21st October 2019), Hervé (21st October 2019), Ioneo (22nd October 2019), Lyran.Sun (21st October 2019), Mashika (21st October 2019), Michi (21st October 2019), O Donna (21st October 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), toppy (21st October 2019), yelik (21st October 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Default Re: Wikipedia and the Abuse of Truth

Thank you for the clarity ExomatrixTV.

I often find that important things should never be taken at face-value (the value that is projected). Questioning things, specially mass produced media leads to a realization of the deep rooted tricks the hierarchy of this world uses to keep the status quo. Those that have the most to lose, should the status quo be successfully challenged, have learned that PSYOPs controls the 'herd' better then concrete and metals bars ever could.
    Last edited by O Donna; 21st October 2019 at 02:11. Reason: 'has' to 'have'

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Cara (21st October 2019), ExomatrixTV (21st October 2019), Franny (21st October 2019), Lyran.Sun (21st October 2019), Michi (21st October 2019), Pam (10th December 2019), toppy (21st October 2019), wegge (21st October 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote The reason MSM never can share an honest representation of that what they attack is because they assume most will not verify their own sold claims & judgemental assumptions to them! So they count on you being lazy!
    From what we know these days, they don't count on it, they mostly "make sure" we'll be

Sadly for them they kind of fell behind of times, so now people are getting smarter

A friend of my grand father said something kind of like this to me, time ago "new generations are smart and can have a way to learn a lot more than we did, but they'll have to figure out a completed messed up world at the same time. And once my generation is gone, no one but a few will be there to stop your generation from fixing things, if you want"

There will be always people who try to bend reality like that, in the TV and gov mostly, but if people are not there listening at all, who will fall for the fake truth? I know i have not watched a tv for the past 10 years or so, and my friends only use their tvs to play games, we mostly go by reading stuff on the web from people who are not on payroll by the TV companies or the gov (mostly the same group i guess )

I can see on my little sis that she already has a notion of "Everything on the tv is fake" and she was raised without a tv on our house, she learns all her stuff through other ways, so she never had a chance to get her mind setup to think what the news people on the tv say is true. Watching the way she thinks of those people is amazing, like she has a very well configured BS radar/detector builtin LMAO

An example of that is watching documentaries on tv, and i can see her sometimes looking on the web to read about stuff we watched, just to make sure it's true, and she loves to call people on their BS when she figures out they are lying, sometimes very violently sometimes very funnily, but you can bet she will do either way

I guess what i want to say is, there are still people who fall for things like "the official" truth, and this also happens with Wikipedia, if it's there it must be true, right?

But if we focus on making sure new generations are not so gullible and understand that just because it's "official" or looks like it doesn't really mean it is true, then eventually that control tool will have to go away

Some people will not change but awareness for younger people will make sure they don't fall anymore for it
    Last edited by Mashika; 21st October 2019 at 03:49.
    Tired

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Cara (21st October 2019), ExomatrixTV (21st October 2019), Franny (21st October 2019), Lyran.Sun (21st October 2019), Michi (21st October 2019), Tintin (15th December 2019), toppy (21st October 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019), wegge (21st October 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 times in 458 posts

The question is, where does official truth end?

If you look for example at spiritual systems, they also sell you their version of a truth, which is even harder to analyze.
    Is it 12 astral dimensions or 33, etc...? And which kind of beings inhabit these lands? What does scripture, the specific author say?
    How can you prove, disprove that for yourself?

And which also goes on to people, often of good meaning, giving you their slant of reality, of how things are.
    And once we accept and swallow that, which comes in on the level of hypnotic suggestion, we fall a little bit deeper into a hypnotic trance, which basically means a world is erected for us in our minds, instead of us erecting the world by ourselves.

For example one could think of statements from parents towards their children.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by wegge (here)

If you look for example at spiritual systems, they also sell you their version of a truth, which is even harder to analyze.
    Is it 12 astral dimensions or 33, etc...? And which kind of beings inhabit these lands? What does scripture, the specific author say?

And which also goes on to people, often of good meaning, giving you their slant of reality, of how things are.
    And once we accept and swallow that, which comes in on the level of hypnotic suggestion, we fall a little bit deeper into a hypnotic trance, which basically means a world is erected for us in our minds, instead of us erecting the world by ourselves.

But that is the thing, right?

If a new generation comes up and hasn't been preprogrammed at all, and has a complete blank slate (tabula rasa), without bias....

You see what i mean, right?

I believe it takes one intermediary generation to completely break apart the cycle. And that's us, if we make the effort
    Tired

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Lyran.Sun (21st October 2019), Nasu (22nd March 2021), Tintin (4th August 2023), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 times in 458 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Quote Posted by wegge (here)

But that is the thing, right?

If a new generation comes up and hasn't been preprogrammed at all, and has a complete blank slate (tabula rasa), without bias....

You see what i mean, right?

I believe it takes one intermediary generation to completely break apart the cycle. And that's us, if we make the effort
    Yes I get it!

Another thing to consider is that technology has an programming effect, like small displays entraining your perception on smaller and smaller scales, then also the cuts of the movie, how long a scene lasts until the next one comes - shortening attention span...on and on.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Tintin (4th August 2023)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

Wikipedia Fraud EXPOSED: Troll farms and the CIA have hijacked the once open platform
    12/9/2019 -- Somewhere, USA -- For those who value knowledge, this comes as a sad surprise. Wikipedia once was a free and open source encyclopedia, where anyone could contribute.

It was never perfect, but it was usually pretty accurate, except about controversial topics, current events, conspiracies, and some other unique topics. But starting in 2016 the quality started deteriorating rapidly across the board. We wanted to know how, so we signed up. What we learned was shocking.

We need to get into the weeds here a bit to understand how this scam operates. Wikipedia was a system setup by Jimmy Wales a long time ago, and the rules have evolved over time but still maintain the same guidelines established in the beginning. No one really owns Wikipedia which is perfect for the Elite because there's no one to point the finger at. Best part for them - all the moderators called "SysOps" are anonymous. There is a hierarchy that requires you make 500 edits before having more privileges. At any point, if a SysOp doesn't like an edit or comment you make, the threats start, you can be blocked. They can ban your IP. You can always READ but you cannot EDIT. Of course this can all be circumvented, but here's the point: They are about form not essence.

The good and honest Wikipedia editors that aren't trolls, they are sticklers for rules and are trying to build an open public document about everything which is a monumental task - FOR FREE. Everything is volunteer so no one gets any sort of 'benefit' for editing. Here are the basics of the rules (in summary):
    more at

[URL="https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-12-09/wikipedia-fraud-exposed-troll-farms-and-cia-have-hijacked-once-open-platform"]

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2019), Ewan (4th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (10th December 2019), onawah (10th December 2019), Tintin (4th August 2023)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

How Wikipedia Covers Up for A Cult Leader

A friend of mine was talking about a past relationship with someone who was an abusive narcissist, a cult leader, and, as she eventually found out, a convicted murderer. She mentioned that he had been part of a cult. "Which One?" I asked. She replied "The one run by Prem Rawat." So I looked it up on Wikipedia and, after giving it a quick read, thought, "well, it doesn't sound that bad, and they hardly mentioned the word 'cult'" and then thought I had better dig a little deeper. Sure enough, there are many articles such as How I Reclaimed My Life after 10 Years in a Cult, The Greedy Guru, TV Investigation, Why the Prem Rawat/Maharaji cult is a cult, and Spiritual Predator: Prem Rawat AKA Maharaji .

But the most interesting one was on how Wikipedia was actively cover up the cult like behaviors of a man who had his followers to call him "Lord of the Universe", had them line up to kiss his feet, and wouldn't even give his employees who worked for him a bed to sleep in. The article Wikipedia ruled by 'Lord of the Universe' describes how a high level administrator kept the word "cult" out of the article on Prem Rawat for many years.

Quote One of the site’s leading administrators ... , Jossi Fresco, is a longtime student of Prem Rawat - formerly Guru Maharaj Ji - the India-born spiritual leader who styled himself as the "Perfect Master" and fostered a worldwide religious movement encouraging followers to call him "Lord of the Universe." ... Fresco maintains strict control over Wikipedia’s Prem Rawat article and countless related articles, keeping criticism of his guru to a bare minimum.
    The article is now 13 years old, it seems Mr. Fresco's account has been closed and he has been using sock puppet accounts. The word "cult" does technically appear in the article, but in sentences like this:

Quote During the 70s and 80s, the movement attracted substantial adverse publicity when it was thought to be a cult.
    In other words, the idea that Rawat is a cult leader was just an unfortunate idea of the past. Well, that is not the common media perception of Rawat and this is just another example of how Wikipedia is doing "public relations" (the polite word for "propaganda') for toxic organizations.

Even though Mr. Fresco may no longer be employed by Wikipedia, I have no doubt that cult members using sockpuppet accounts are still patrolling the article and editing out and revising and softening any information that would warn people how toxic and fraudulent Prem Rawat is.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Ewan (4th April 2023), Tintin (4th August 2023)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd July 2021), Ed Dawson (2nd July 2021), Ewan (4th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (10th August 2023), Mari (4th April 2023)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (4th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (10th August 2023), Icare (4th April 2023), Islander12 (4th April 2023), kudzy (4th April 2023), Tintin (4th April 2023), Yoda (4th April 2023)

21. Link to Post #51
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,316 times in 269 posts

An alternative that I often use is Infogalactic.com - which was created by Vox Day.

I often use it - although it is blocked from most of the major search engines - so one needs to type-in the URL.

Infogalactic seems to have been made by using much of the Wikipedia material, but stripping out some/ most of the extreme woke inversions and lies.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Alecs (3rd August 2023), Bill Ryan (4th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (6th April 2023), Icare (4th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (4th April 2023), Mari (4th April 2023), Tintin (4th August 2023)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

In my experience wikipedia is used by young people not only as their main source of information on anything, beginning with the definition of a certain term, but actually the only one.

This makes it a great tool for TPTB to influence future generations in any way they like which makes it a dangerous tool. Orwellian Newspeak comes to mind.

We need to hold on to our physical encyclopaedia, otherwise they can twist anything they want at the stroke of a keyboard.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th April 2023), ExomatrixTV (6th April 2023), Tintin (4th August 2023)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Reported on Russia Today:

https://rt.com/news/580735-cia-fbi-edits-wikipedia

~~~

Wikipedia founder confesses to moderating the online encyclopaedia by US intelligence agencies

Intelligence agencies have been manipulating the online encyclopedia for more than a decade, Larry Sanger has claimed

Wikipedia is one of many tools used by the US liberal establishment and its allies in the intelligence community to wage “information warfare,” the site’s co-founder, Larry Sanger, has told journalist Glenn Greenwald.

Speaking on Greenwald’s ‘System Update’ podcast, Sanger lamented how the site he helped found in 2001 has become an instrument of “control” in the hands of the left-liberal establishment, among which he counts the CIA, FBI, and other US intelligence agencies.
    “We do have evidence that, as early as 2008, that CIA and FBI computers were used to edit Wikipedia,” he said. “Do you think that they stopped doing that back then?”
    Activity by the CIA and FBI on Wikipedia was first made public by a programming student named Virgil Griffith in 2007. Griffith developed a program called WikiScanner that could trace the location of computers used to edit Wikipedia articles, and found that the CIA, FBI, and a host of large corporations and government agencies were scrubbing the online encyclopedia of incriminating information.

CIA computers were used to remove casualty counts from the Iraq War, while an FBI machine was used to remove aerial and satellite images of the US prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. CIA computers were used to edit hundreds of articles, including entries on then Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, China’s nuclear program, and the Argentine navy.

Some edits were more petty, with former CIA chief William Colby apparently editing his own entry to expand his list of accomplishments.
    “[The intelligence agencies] pay off the most influential people to push their agendas, which they’re already mostly in line with, or they just develop their own talent within the [intelligence] community, learn the Wikipedia game, and then push what they want to say with their own people,” Sanger told Greenwald.

“A great part of intelligence and information warfare is conducted online,” he continued, “on websites like Wikipedia.”

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (3rd August 2023), ClearWater (3rd August 2023), Harmony (4th August 2023), JackMcThorn (3rd August 2023), kudzy (3rd August 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd August 2023), Miller (3rd August 2023), shaberon (4th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (3rd August 2023), Tintin (4th August 2023), Yoda (3rd August 2023)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Reported on Russia Today:

https://rt.com/news/580735-cia-fbi-edits-wikipedia

~~~

Wikipedia founder confesses to moderating the online encyclopaedia by US intelligence agencies
    And now on Zero Hedge. Here's the whole article:

https://zerohedge.com/political/wikipedia-co-founder-describes-us-intelligence-manipulation-worlds-largest-online

US Intelligence Has Been Manipulating Wikipedia For Over A Decade: Wiki Co-Founder

The co-founder of Wikipedia has revealed a bombshell concerning long-running suspicions of US intelligence interference and manipulation on the world's most well-known collaborative online encyclopedia. The site's co-creator Larry Sanger spoke to journalist Glenn Greenwald on his "System Update" podcast, and outlined the known "information warfare" efforts of US intelligence, which have to some extend make Wikipedia a tool of "control" by the left-liberal Washington deep state.

Some observers who have long watched and carefully documented US government involvement in major social media platforms as well as Wikipedia itself have commented, "the CIA Is running Wikipedia, Wow, what a shocker. Sanger asserted during Greenwald's show, "We do have evidence that, as early as 2008, that CIA and FBI computers were used to edit Wikipedia," before posing: "Do you think that they stopped doing that back then?"

Sanger explained that the intelligence agencies "pay off the most influential people to push their agendas, which they’re already mostly in line with, or they just develop their own talent within the community, learn the Wikipedia game, and then push what they want to say with their own people."

"A great part of intelligence and information warfare is conducted online," he added, and then specified: "on websites like Wikipedia." For that reason along with others explored in the interview, Sanger calls it "the most biased encyclopedia" in history.

He described that US intelligence manipulation of the immensely large platform and repository of information had been going on for more than a decade (Wikipedia was founded and appeared online in 2001).

In particular, Greenwald brought up Wikipedia's entry for the topic Biden-Ukraine conspiracy theory, and pointed out that "there is a mountain of evidence showing that Hunter Biden was paid $80,000 a month by Burisma executives." It is an established fact that Burisma executives were "getting a lot in value in the way of access to Joe Biden, the most important US official on Ukraine," Greenwald said. "And yet, according to the Wikipedia article, this evidence doesn’t exist, it’s just a complete conspiracy theory."

"Remember, this is supposed to be an ideology-free, neutral encyclopedia”, Greenwald then quipped sarcastically.

Watch the full interview with the Wikipedia co-founder:

Below is a section of the Sanger interview transcript wherein Greenwald lambasts Wikipedia's treatment of the whole Biden-Ukraine scandal:
    "The very first sentence reads ‘The Biden–Ukraine conspiracy theory is a series of false allegations that Joe Biden, while he was Vice President of the United States, engaged in corrupt activities relating to his son, Hunter Biden, who was on the board of the Ukrainian gas company Burisma."

"As part of efforts by Donald Trump and his campaign in the Trump–Ukraine scandal, which led to Trump’s first impeachment, these falsehoods were spread in an attempt to damage Joe Biden’s reputation and chances during the 2020 presidential campaign," the Wikipedia entry still reads.

"So notice: The Biden-Ukraine scandal is – according to Wikipedia – the ‘Biden–Ukraine conspiracy theory’ but the Trump controversy involving Ukraine is ‘the Trump–Ukraine scandal’. Everything is written to comport with the liberal world view and the Democratic Party talking points."
    The two also agreed that Covid entries were heavily subject to propaganda and skewed information:
    "Let me tell you a fact," Greenwald said. "The view of the leading scientists in the US Department of Energy as well as the FBI is that the most likely explanation for how the Covid pandemic emerged is through the research that was being funded by the United States and conducted in the Wuhan lab. You would have no idea that was true – on one of the most important questions of the last decade: Where the Covid pandemic came from."

"Every word (on Wikipedia) is designed to suggest that only right-wing conspiracy theorists would invest any plausibility in the theory that the virus came from a (lab) leak and not from a naturally occurring event, even though the top virologists in the world wrote to Dr. Fauci at the start of the pandemic and were adamant that the evidence was consistent with manipulation in a lab."

"If you asked Joy Reid to comment on the Covid pandemic, that’s exactly what she would tell you. And that’s true of almost every entry. It shocked me when I started looking at (Wikipedia) over the last six months, how blatant it has become."
    https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/...30794445750272

Sanger explained that prior to a decade ago, Wikipedia "used to be kind of anti-establishment" but then it seemed to be hijacked. "Between 2005 and 2012 or so, there was this very definite shift to Wikipedia becoming an establishment mouthpiece. It was amazing. I never would’ve guessed that in 2001," the site's co-founder concluded.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (4th August 2023), Harmony (4th August 2023), NancyV (4th August 2023), shaberon (4th August 2023), Tintin (4th August 2023), Yoda (4th August 2023)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,499 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I never would’ve guessed that in 2001," the site's co-founder concluded.

I would have guessed that.

I mean just look at their page on New World Encyclopedia.

Actually don't. There is nothing on it!

It is a re-written copy which, according to feedback:

It's a wiki with generally somewhat okay information on non-scientific and philosophical matters, but with a strong pro-creationist, anti-atheist (to the point of bigotry) stance.

Oh.

Merely the opposite bias.

Wiki is still pretty good for general information. There is *nothing* big that can be trusted for religious or political issues.

There never has been that I am aware of.

Nothing.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Alecs (5th August 2023), Bill Ryan (4th August 2023), ExomatrixTV (10th August 2023), Tintin (4th August 2023)

31. Link to Post #56
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,643 times in 20,814 posts

• Jimmy Dore’s Wikipedia Page Edited By CIA/FBI/MOSSAD?/Big Corporations:

In 2007 a hacker and tech whiz named Virgil Griffith revealed that the CIA, FBI and a host of large corporations and government agencies were editing pages on Wikipedia to their own benefit (or the benefit of associates). Now Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger is reporting that the intelligence agencies are still at it, routinely editing pages relating to the Iraq War body count, treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay and China’s nuclear program.

Jimmy and The Convo Couch host Craig Jardula discuss this modern-day version of information warfare taking place on the pages of Wikipedia.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3