+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Active Shooter Drill for Parkland

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Default Active Shooter Drill for Parkland

It’s been a little over a year since our MSD Parkland Florida tragedy. All kinds of finger pointing and people getting fired.

Yesterday, my middle school which shares the MSD campus had an active shooter/killer re-enactment with the sheriff’s department, local police and other departments. Thank goodness their were no children involved.

Growing up in a hunting family, I have shot guns and am familiar with them. Some of my fellow workers had never heard a gunshot. When the rounds started coming, we started smelling the cordite and screams and cries begging for help left quite a few people emotionally unstable.

They did different Code Red scenarios but the one that imitated life was the sudden one we assumed it was all over. There was no announcement, no time to barricade the door or cover the now bullet proof glass in doors, turn off lights and place students in a “safe zone”. As a side note, the metal doors and walls are penetrable.

Suddenly when everything was over, All hell broke loose in the hall and the only thing you had time to do was seek cover, and take the few “deer in headlights” with you.

An experience to say the least, but nothing like the real thing and too soon to do again.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Still have lots of kids with PTSD and think they might not live until the end of the school year.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), Debra (25th March 2019), Franny (24th March 2019), Hervé (23rd March 2019), Ioneo (23rd March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Nasu (26th March 2019), Pam (25th March 2019), RunningDeer (23rd March 2019), Sadieblue (25th March 2019), Sandy123 (24th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (24th March 2019), Tintin (23rd March 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd March 2019), Zanshin (23rd March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

Default Re: Active Shooter Drill for Parkland

I saw this on the news. Some of the teachers were complaining that the drill went too far. This bothers me greatly. This is literally, you teachers being put through a military combat drill inside a school. Think about that. Is there a bigger agenda at work here?
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), Debra (25th March 2019), Deux Corbeaux (25th March 2019), Hervé (23rd March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Nasu (26th March 2019), Pam (25th March 2019), RunningDeer (23rd March 2019), Sadieblue (25th March 2019), Sandy123 (24th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (24th March 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd March 2019), Zanshin (23rd March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Indiana Teachers Shot with Airsoft Guns During Active Shooter Drill (2:17 minutes)
    "We want to try to put the teachers under stress, under a traumatic situation so they know how their bodies react."
    Preparing students and teachers for a worst-case situation is becoming more commonplace at schools across the country. But the emergency preparation for an active shooting at a school in Indiana took a disturbing turn this week and it's raising questions about the program.

Published on Mar 23, 2019

Note the poor little girl's hand over her heart.

3-year-old's Gun Drill Photo Goes Viral (2:14 minutes)

A viral photo of a girl standing on a toilet shows her
    practicing at home for a preschool gun drill.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 23rd March 2019 at 22:41.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (24th March 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Pam (25th March 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd March 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,277 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    I saw this on the news. Some of the teachers were complaining that the drill went too far. This bothers me greatly. This is literally, you teachers being put through a military combat drill inside a school. Think about that. Is there a bigger agenda at work here?
    I would say you are right Orph. If you step back and look at the world as a whole, it is almost as if every person, society, etc., is being pushed to its critical load, but not all the way to the actual breaking point. (Although it might be for some.)

This is just me hypothesizing.

What a horrible thing to put people through, and you would think that point would have been part of the conversation. So why would they intentionally do this? Of course it would be in the news - so as to affect others as well?

Is it a big push on the whole world to squeeze as much stress and anxiety out of us as possible before we get things set onto a better course?

I don't have the answers but I felt strongly about posting this line of thought.

There may be an instance where recreating an event would be a positive thing. But this does not feel like it would be one of those.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Mandala (24th March 2019), Nasu (26th March 2019), RunningDeer (23rd March 2019), Sadieblue (25th March 2019), Sandy123 (24th March 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd March 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cannot get the link I posted because Running Deer video has been blocked. They are fast at blocking

and the link I got is not working anymore either.
    Last edited by Flash; 23rd March 2019 at 22:40.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), RunningDeer (23rd March 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cannot get the link I posted because Running Deer video has been blocked. They are fast at blocking

and the link I got is not working anymore either.
    Flash, there’s a lot more links to this video here: 3-year-old's gun drill photo goes viral. I’ll add another one below.

Note: the underlining message, at least how it's presented in the news, is about taking our gun rights away. It still doesn’t change the fact that our kids are fearful in places that were once places to flourish.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 23rd March 2019 at 23:03.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (24th March 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Nasu (26th March 2019), Patient (24th March 2019), Sandy123 (24th March 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Indiana Teachers Shot with Airsoft Guns During Active Shooter Drill (2:17 minutes)
    "We want to try to put the teachers under stress, under a traumatic situation so they know how their bodies react."
    Preparing students and teachers for a worst-case situation is becoming more commonplace at schools across the country. But the emergency preparation for an active shooting at a school in Indiana took a disturbing turn this week and it's raising questions about the program.

Published on Mar 23, 2019

Note the poor little girl's hand over her heart.

3-year-old's Gun Drill Photo Goes Viral (2:14 minutes)

A viral photo of a girl standing on a toilet shows her
    practicing at home for a preschool gun drill.

Yes, they want to see how their bodies react so they can get more control. "If we know how you react, we can counteract that proactively. That way we can win offensively." That's what they are really saying and doing. But they don't have us outgunned. Not if we are aware. What a day and age.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Patient (24th March 2019), RunningDeer (23rd March 2019), Sadieblue (25th March 2019), Sandy123 (24th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Yes, they want to see how their bodies react so they can get more control. "If we know how you react, we can counteract that proactively. That way we can win offensively." That's what they are really saying and doing. But they don't have us outgunned. Not if we are aware. What a day and age.
    I can't help but wonder if they'll loose or have already lost many caring, empathic teachers due to the inability to be able to create a safe place to fall for their students.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 23rd March 2019 at 23:50.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), justntime2learn (23rd March 2019), Nasu (26th March 2019), Patient (24th March 2019), Sadieblue (25th March 2019), Valerie Villars (24th March 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Hello Mandala. I've been very interested in your posts here since one of your last threads. You mentioned being invited to Washington DC for an awards banquet for activists in the wake of the shooting. I wonder when you first heard about this awards banquet and who first reached out to you about it? It seems like an odd time and reason to be celebrating, but what do I know?

Here are some photos from the website you linked about the awards banquet that you and the other activists attended in Washington after the shooting:

It looks like the sheriff and some of the law enforcement who were responsible for the response have been having some trouble since then too. I'm sure we haven't heard the end of this yet.

If some of the surviving kids start mysteriously dying this year as you suggest, I would be very skeptical of the reasons why.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 24th March 2019 at 00:06.

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Yes, Running Deer. I was thinking the same thing but didn't express it. It ties into the videos you posted about the TSA feeling up children at the airport. At that age, they are not equipped to handle not feeling safe. Best when they are older and on the Quest.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), Patient (24th March 2019), RunningDeer (24th March 2019)

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,277 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I can't help but wonder if they'll loose or have already lost many caring, empathic teachers due to the inability to be able to create a safe place to fall for their students.
    Our teachers had a tough enough job already.

Are there any teachers reading this that would like to contribute their thoughts? I would like to hear from a teacher regarding this and other similar issues in teaching.

If I was a teacher in a school and had to go through these types of drills and then answering questions from the kids, I would then push back up the ladder and ask what are the priorities of a teacher these days?

After that, it is easy to see the many things that are making it more difficult for the teachers to teach and for kids to be kids.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), Mandala (24th March 2019), RunningDeer (24th March 2019), Valerie Villars (24th March 2019)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

[QUOTE=A Voice from the Mountains;1282378]Hello Mandala. I've been very interested in your posts here since one of your last threads. You mentioned being invited to Washington DC for an awards banquet for activists in the wake of the shooting. I wonder when you first heard about this awards banquet and who first reached out to you about it? It seems like an odd time and reason to be celebrating, but what do I know

A Voice From the Mountain, I hope I can provide an answer to your question. Dr. Diana Zuckerman contacted me and asked if me and a Parkland student named Kai, would come to their annual luncheon to share our story and the work we have done for the kids and families after the massacre to aid and help institute health policy change in our area. We accepted the award as representatives of our community. The entire community was involved. Many people, many families and community leaders. It takes everyone working and supporting each other.

There were 2 women who were the main honorees at the Foremothers Awards luncheon. Kai and I were recognized for our assistance in working with the community in the aftermath. The shooting incident was not celebrated. It was more acknowledgment and encouragement to keep on assisting others and to work to help make health policies which will benefit our students. My main concern was recognizing and providing students with mental health care. Kai and I were a small portion of the event which dealt with the Foremothers Awards each year. These were two outstanding professionals with lifetime achievements. They were celebrated.

The Foremother Awards are for lifetime achievement for Washington area women whose lives have touched adults and children across the country. The Health Policy Hero award is for outstanding contributions to health policies that benefit all Americans.

From the website:
    Our Health Policy Heroes are the students, teachers, and parents of Parkland, Florida; Washington, D.C. metro area; and across the country who are successfully fighting for effective policies to prevent gun violence. MSD High School student Kai Koerber and Parkland teacher Susan Rioux will be two of the heroes accepting the award on their behalf. Kai has been actively lobbying for better gun policies since the tragic shooting on February 14. Ms. Rioux is credited with having taught Parkland students how to find safety in violent situations, thus saving their lives during the February 14 shooting. She is now one of those helping the children cope with PTSD and fear in the aftermath and supporting their efforts to reduce gun violence.
    I hope this provides some clarity. It was definitely not celebrating the shootings, it is a yearly event focused on the above statements.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th March 2019), Nasu (26th March 2019), Patient (24th March 2019), RunningDeer (24th March 2019)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

David Hogg was making some strange remarks about elevated "stress" at the high school, and now one of the kids has already "committed suicide."

Quote David Hogg Tweets About High Levels of Stress in High School and A Few Hours Later a Parkland Survivor Commits Suicide

It's interesting that David Hogg posted this tweet yesterday afternoon:

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...56808039972867

And a second Parkland High School survivor commits suicide a few hours later (yet to be named male sophmore)

What a coincidence, it's the eve of the 1 year anniversary of the March for Our Lives Rally that Hogg headlined. Let's remind everyone of this event. (Hogg and team have been tweeting reminders.)

https://twitter.com/AMarch4OurLives/...01015220584450

And now Hogg is making the suicide about gun control.....

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...66752006074368

It's almost like this was planned..................
    https://voat.co/v/QRV/3116926

I think maybe the wrong people are "suiciding" themselves, and it's just a matter of time until the feds get involved in this kind of nonsense.

I'm confident that justice will ultimately be served, but it's sad that no one was able to step in to save these kids first. There are some sick people out there.

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

And now a father from the Sandy Hook hoax has "committed suicide":

Quote Father of six-year-old girl killed in Sandy Hook massacre is found dead at his Connecticut town hall office from apparent suicide

- Jeremy Richman, 49, was found dead from an apparent suicide in Connecticut on Monday morning
    - Police said his body was found at the Edmond Town Hall where he has an office
    - The 49-year-old's daughter Avielle Richman was among those killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting massacre
    - Police said Richman's appeared to have taken his own life but wouldn't release any additional information about his death
    - Richman founded and ran the Avielle Foundation - a violence prevention charity - with his wife Jennifer Hensel in the wake of their daughter's death
    - The couple had two more children together in the years after Avielle's death
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-suicide.html

Here is some interesting commentary I found on the death:

Quote 3rd School Shooting Suicide! -- Newtown Dad Suicides AT TOWN HALL

Now why would he do this at the town hall?

Let me cut to the chase. This guy was Big Pharma, Neuro-Research, Brain Based Violence. Anti-Trumper, and gun grabber.

And this is the 3rd suicide related to recent school shootings. In the last few weeks. Are they murders to tie up loose ends? This guy was working on and working with people who were trained in psychological support especially for traumatic experiences.

He had the knowledge and immediate access to the best mental and emotional support. He would be the least likely guy to commit suicide.

For those unaware, the Sandy Hook event at Newtown Connecticut on 12-14-2012 was originally planned as a big drill. But Obama and gang decided to "take it live" make it appear to be the real thing.

Seems odd that some media immediately try to spin away from his suicide at THE TOWN HALL

The father of one of the children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting was found dead in a Connecticut government building Monday morning.

from https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/0...town-hall.html
    http://www.nukepro.net/2019/03/crazy...comes-out.html

Note the reference included above:

Quote Jeremy Richman, father of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim, found dead at Connecticut town hall
    Updated 11:48 AM; Today 11:25 AM

The father of one of the children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting was found dead in a Connecticut government building Monday morning.

Newtown police, fire and emergency medical responders were called to Edmond Town Hall in Newtown at approximately 7 a.m. on Monday following a report of an apparent suicide.

Police say the body of Jeremy Richman was found. “The death appears to be a suicide, but police will not disclose the method or any other details of the death,” Newtown Lt. Aaron Bahamonde said Monday. He added that his “death does not to appear to be suspicious.”
    https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/0...town-hall.html

No, of course there is nothing suspicious about finding a dead body inside a government building, and town hall, no less.

If the guy was suicidal, why kill himself at town hall?

Some very odd things going on. Seems like some people are beginning to panic about something all of a sudden.

+ Reply to Thread