+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HUMANS' MAGNETIC SIXTH SENSE--Joseph P. Farrell

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,318 times in 679 posts

Default HUMANS' MAGNETIC SIXTH SENSE--Joseph P. Farrell

Dr. Farrell posted this on his blog tonight and it warrants sharing. All fascinating—the last paragraph is especially intriguing, perhaps explaining the irrational and dangerous hive-mindedness we're seeing in society today—as well as a way to counter it.

HUMANS' MAGNETIC SIXTH SENSE
    3/27/2019 Joseph P. Farrell

"This article was spotted and shared by Ms. M.W., and it has a lot of "high octane speculation" potential, so much so, in fact, that I want to advance two very different high octane speculations today (we're running a two-for-one special this week). According to a recent study, magnetitites, that special magnetic-field-sensing material in organisms that allows them to sense minute environmental change, has come under study in humans. This is unusual, in a sense, for normally it has been studied in other organisms. Birds, for example, have concentrations in their beaks and brains that allow them to migrate long distances with great accuracy, or so the hypothesis runs. But attempts to document it in humans has met with indeterminate results, until now:

Transduction of the Geomagnetic Field as Evidenced from Alpha-band Activity in the Human Brain

It's worth citing most of the three paragraphs of the Abstract here, for they bear on my twin high octane speculations:

Quote Magnetoreception, the perception of the geomagnetic field, is a sensory modality well-established across all major groups of vertebrates and some invertebrates, but its presence in humans has been tested rarely, yielding inconclusive results. We report here a strong, specific human brain response to ecologically-relevant rotations of Earth-strength magnetic fields. Following geomagnetic stimulation, a drop in amplitude of EEG alpha oscillations (8-13 Hz) occurred in a repeatable manner. Termed alpha event-related desynchronization (alpha-ERD), such a response has been associated previously with sensory and cognitive processing of external stimuli including vision, auditory and somatosensory cues. Alpha-ERD in response to the geomagnetic field was triggered only by horizontal rotations when the static vertical magnetic field was directed downwards, as it is in the Northern Hemisphere; no brain responses were elicited by the same horizontal rotations when the static vertical component was directed upwards. This implicates a biological response tuned to the ecology of the local human population, rather than a generic physical effect.

Biophysical tests showed that the neural response was sensitive to static components of the magnetic field. This rules out all forms of electrical induction (including artifacts from the electrodes) which are determined solely on dynamic components of the field. The neural response was also sensitive to the polarity of the magnetic field. This rules out free-radical 'quantum compass' mechanisms like the cryptochrome hypothesis, which can detect only axial alignment. Ferromagnetism remains a viable biophysical mechanism for sensory transduction and provides a basis to start the behavioral exploration of human magnetoreception.

Significance Statement
    Although many migrating and homing animals are sensitive to Earth’s magnetic field, most humans are not consciously aware of the geomagnetic stimuli that we encounter in everyday life. Either we have lost a shared, ancestral magnetosensory system, or the system lacks a conscious component with detectable neural activity but no apparent perceptual awareness by us. (Emphasis added)

It's that last statement - "the system lacks a conscious component with detectable neural activity but no apparent perceptual awareness by us" - that has me wondering if, in fact, that is true. Most of us are familiar with the phenomenon of the "sixth sense," either by direct experience, or by having read about strange things in books on paranormal research, or perhaps, both. What is intriguing to note is that California materials science professor, Dr. William Tiller, conducted intentionality experiments with humans trying to manipulate physical systems through mere thought alone, by utilizing a specified and explicit "formal group intention" which was them "embodied" or "focused" into a material object. (I wrote about these experiments in my recent book Microcosm and Medium, and also did a webinar in the members' area about them). The results were astonishing, for physical systems appeared to have been altered in two significant and measurable ways: (1) the Ph of chemical systems was altered and (2) the gestation of fruit flies was altered. Additionally, Tiller and his experimenters also discovered that the objects with the "imprinted" intentionality altered the local physical space.

Trying to account for all this, Tiller posited the existence of some sort of magnetic wave that was creating an information field or template of action within a space, and that, of course, brings us back to this recent experiment: could the experience of "sixth sense" be something welling up into consciousness from neural activity that senses minute fluctuations in local magnetic environment? or to put that whole speculation differently, would the magnetic field of the planet be an information field, a kind of "Akashic record" of individuals, animals, and so on? Tiller's work, if expanded to a planetary scale, might suggest that it is possible (and if one stops and thinks about it, that's a rather scary proposition, for imagine large groups with formally spelled out and explicit intentionality...)

And that last idea leads me to my second high octane speculation of the day: is all the nuttiness and craziness we're seeing the result of natural planetary geomagnetic changes, and its aggregate effect on some people, or, is it the result of some bizarre and planetary-scaled intentionality experiment? I suspect it's a bit of both, quite frankly. And if to any degree it's the latter, it's time for some careful though on formally explicit counter-intentionality...

See you on the flip side... "

Link to blog on Dr. Farrell's website, GIZA DEATH STAR
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

Agape (29th March 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2019), Ben Macdonald (30th March 2019), Cardillac (29th March 2019), Chip (29th March 2019), conk (28th March 2019), Franny (30th March 2019), Hervé (29th March 2019), Richard S. (28th March 2019), RunningDeer (28th March 2019), shaberon (30th March 2019), Siphonemis (28th March 2019), toppy (28th March 2019), what is a name? (28th March 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,141 times in 3,489 posts

Default Re: HUMANS' MAGNETIC SIXTH SENSE--Joseph P. Farrell

I found about this study very recently, conducted by joined team of Japanese and US researchers in controlled laboratory settings showing ( finally and against dumb skeptics convictions) that humans indeed are capable of sensing magnetic fields and navigating naturally even if their magnetic sensing is somewhat delicate.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...-waves-suggest

It’s one of our unexplored abilities/faculties and may explain multiplicity of phenomena - apart from discerning crude geomagnetic fields - and I doubt that researchers claiming that majority of people are unaware of their “6th sense” can take full responsibility for the statement.
    From my observation it is the minority who are fully “unaware” and insensitive , desensitised to magnetic fields and EMG spectrums, in general.

Majority of people I’d say are subtly aware but uncertain or untrained to discern those ,especially and after being born into and living in “soup” of electromagnetic fields and pollution such as mega cities of today.

Implications of discovering this natural awareness are rather far reaching ..

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2019), Cardillac (29th March 2019), cursichella1 (1st April 2019), Franny (30th March 2019), happyuk (30th March 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

We're actually starting up a dialog and suggesting a set of new experiments with Dr. Shimojo (Dr. Shin ) He was contacted last week - CalTech is the primary organization that Shimojo works at.

There is much more there than just "magnetics" - the field experiment was very very basic. Consider something like this. Turn off all the lights in a room, totally dark.. Then turn on a small infra-red heat source about 10 feet away, and see if you can "sense it" - that is the closest level of analogy of "sensitivity".

The change in alpha rate loss of synch during a stimulus was the indicator that "something" was perceived.

ANY change in ANY neuron pattern of stimulations WILL RESULT in Alpha-Wave changes. Alpha waves are there when one is just hanging out.. Startle the person and the alpha wave levels and synch patterns will change.

One has iron in the blood, haemoglobin. Add some magnetic stimulation and there will be a field induction. Are there nerves in the blood vessels? Yup.

One could do the same study using radio waves which consists of an ELECTRIC and MAGNETIC component.. And map out the most responsive frequencies, and create a "bio-receiver map" of the best frequencies to use to reach the nervous system.

A magnetic storm on the planet has no "information quality" to it. It has no more significance than taking out a pocket high strength magnet and holding it up and moving it around. Did everyone go crazy by such things - hardly..

Showing that a body can sense a "field" explains nothing about:

Quote "And that last idea leads me to my second high octane speculation of the day: is all the nuttiness and craziness we're seeing the result of natural planetary geomagnetic changes

, and its aggregate effect on some people, or, is it the result of some bizarre and planetary-scaled intentionality experiment?

I suspect it's a bit of both, quite frankly. And if to any degree it's the latter, it's time for some careful though on formally explicit counter-intentionality...

See you on the flip side... "
    One could just as easily say that pink balloons being carried by little girls is the trigger for mass clown hysteria.. Or anything else.

Being able to sense a slight field change only illustrates how sensitive our nervous system is.

ref: Scientists doing studies -

Dr. Joseph Kirschvink, a geoscientist from Caltech and Tokyo Institute of Technology, Caltech neuroscientist Dr. Shin Shimojo and their colleagues.

ref: http://web.gps.caltech.edu/~jkirschvink/ Kirschvink's personal page

this is the "experimental system used that was used for the 'proof' "

Last edited by Bob; 29th March 2019 at 20:36.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,141 times in 3,489 posts

I think of all kinds of instinctual and subliminal but especially group/hive/crowd behaviours in humans and other species( of course).
    Group/hive/crowd instinctive mentality , behaviours are the “proof in the pudding”. Magnetic needles , vectors, patterns.

But don’t be just “simple” about it. Being able to resonate with natural planetary geomagnetic field is just one function of our sensing.
    Being able to find and analyse( subsconsciously) various diverse and anomalous magnetic fields maybe another.

Whatever comes - one of the most undiscovered functions of this system that has whole variety of functions it seems to me - is being able to sense and tune into magnetically to each other.

Whether magnetic sensing happens in flock of birds, fish , pack of wolves , two humans or collective , it creates subtle magnetic “lock” that is voluntary( depends on our will) but often surpasses ones own navigation system.

It maybe that “group leaders” are (among else) individuals with strongest navigation sense/ magnetic sensing ability. Crudely speaking.

Only, let’s not forget that most of it can be subject to natural error, as well.

If there’s little spinning magnetite compass in the heart of our amygdala it would explain a lot, in my opinion. For example, getting stirred by other peoples navigation intuitively ..

(Btw. I’m not where I’ve been before neither I’ll be at any known place any soon.That’s for the curious eyes hunting for me around the planet. Mind your own skepticism. Lots to research).

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2019), Cardillac (29th March 2019), cursichella1 (1st April 2019), happyuk (30th March 2019), Sandy123 (30th March 2019)

8. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,705 times in 1,617 posts

all I can say to this is:

I've had too many paranormal experiences in my life not to believe there are other dimensions out there;

it's why I'm on this forum-

Larry

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Agape (29th March 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (29th March 2019), cursichella1 (1st April 2019), happyuk (30th March 2019), Sandy123 (30th March 2019)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,166 times in 1,340 posts

These kind of studies are confusing to me, but we have been using the sixth sense for ages, and it is done geomagnetically, summarized by the term, "Pole Star", which used to be Thuban in Draco (Dragon). The Faraday Cage is not entirely dis-similar to how this is done. This is also how we define "Right Hand Path".

In my understanding of Astrology, the millions of different ways this works for untrained people is the Mutable Cross, whereas use of the cage, so to speak, is an orientation to the Fixed Cross, the basis of things like underworld trials or crucifixion. The article is at least a physical recognition of something pretty close to this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Agape (1st April 2019), cursichella1 (1st April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread