+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touching moment during Jordan Peterson presentation

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Touching moment during Jordan Peterson presentation

Jordan Peterson was invited to give a presentation on his rules for life at Liberty University on Saturday, and about twenty minutes into the presentation, a distraught guy who said he wanted to meet Peterson managed to get past security and approach the stage crying. This was in front of about 12,000 people, and I read later that the guy had been suicidal.

Rather than just have the guy dragged off the stage to continue the presentation, Peterson walked over to where security had surrounded him and consoled him while one of the university faculty led a prayer for him. They even told security to stand down for a moment until the guy could compose himself and walk himself backstage.

Whole presentation here (interruption starts around the 21 minute mark):

I think the guy is in good hands considering the kind of community where this happened, but as unfortunate as it is, the whole incident fits in perfectly with the theme of Peterson's presentation, which is how lost so many young men have been allowed to become in society today because of things like lack of positive role models, growing villification of masculinity, and no preparation for real-world responsibilities. The combination has led to some immense mental stress that older generations perhaps have not fully appreciated up until recently.

2. Link to Post #2
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: Touching moment during Jordan Peterson presentation

Oh God, that brought tears to my eyes. His pain..that is so sad, where’s his Mum? I’m glad the young men of today have Peterson’s material for guidance, I can’t imagine what it’s like to be so young without sufficient support these days.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 31st March 2019 at 06:38. Reason: Grammar
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (31st March 2019), BMJ (31st March 2019), cursichella1 (1st April 2019), Debra (1st April 2019), Deux Corbeaux (31st March 2019), GMB1961 (31st March 2019), Melinda (31st March 2019), Mike (7th April 2019), Sadieblue (1st April 2019), T Smith (31st March 2019), toppy (31st March 2019), Valerie Villars (4th April 2019), Wind (31st March 2019)

4. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

I like JP, and I think he's far more subversive and powerful than any conspiracy dude you care to mention. He toes the company line on big media issues like mass shootings... this allows him to slip under the censor unharmed. He's very helpful but puts the responsibility squarely on the listeners shoulders. I can see he's a very charismatic character but he leaves you in no doubt as to who has to fix this mess.

I've been walking round the city recently and thinking... s**t, what is this generation (anyone 20-50) even building? Previous generations have given us underground systems, the internet, skyscrapers... now, what are we doing? I understand that we can't pave over everything, but we do need to build software and farming infrastructure for a better world. Someone in my family works in Silicon Valley. Very clever guy, highly paid etc... but for 30 years he's just been working for Google, Apple and other startups. All that talent and he's just been building a surveillance state. What a waste.

I normally flick on JP first thing in the morning. Like a jolt of coffee to the brain.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (31st March 2019), BMJ (31st March 2019), Deux Corbeaux (31st March 2019), Ecnal61 (31st March 2019), Justplain (31st March 2019), Melinda (31st March 2019), Sadieblue (1st April 2019), T Smith (31st March 2019), toppy (31st March 2019), Valerie Villars (4th April 2019), Wind (31st March 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Quoting imperfectly from memory:

You're not old enough to have earned your cynicism
    We pay a lot of money to go to the movies and be instructed by stories, it's a big part of our character.
    (referring to the guy who nearly jumped on stage) The host said: That young man is sayling what a lot of you are feeling, but are too afraid to say.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (1st April 2019), happyuk (1st April 2019), Sadieblue (1st April 2019), Valerie Villars (4th April 2019)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,545 times in 20,693 posts

Hey Daozen. What is your take on JP's former association with George Soros? (Just curious .)
    Each breath a gift...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (1st April 2019), happyuk (1st April 2019), silvanelf (1st June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread