+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seeking opinions on precious metal prices rising over the next 6 months

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default Re: Seeking opinions on precious metal prices rising over the next 6 months

If you attempt to use logic, or reason to the stock market or precious medals you are wasting your time . You would better off chasing your tail. There are a thousand different theories, charts, and books on it, none of them work all the time or even a majority of it. Good luck on figuring it out, many have spent decades trying to.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th April 2019), NewParadigmGuy (27th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: Seeking opinions on precious metal prices rising over the next 6 months

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    If you attempt to use logic, or reason to the stock market or precious medals you are wasting your time . You would better off chasing your tail. There are a thousand different theories, charts, and books on it, none of them work all the time or even a majority of it. Good luck on figuring it out, many have spent decades trying to.
    Exactly, if only because a bunch of criminals manipulate where the money is flowing. There is no way to crack it with formulas, etc.

They're just like the Italian mafia in horse racing. If everybody puts their money on a sure thing, they sabotage the horse and slip some lame horse some drugs so that it comes in first in an upset. And then they pocket everyone's money. Same idea here, but much larger scale. That's why I don't trust any prediction of a set time when "x and y" will occur.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by chrifri (here)
    a comment to a remark from TomKat in one of his previous posts:
    In 2008, Gold was one of the few assets that closed in positive territory. Furthermore Gold moved from 2008 to 2011 from the 2008 low at approximately 680 USD per ounce to above 1920 USD in 2011. The myth that Gold should move lower if the dollar grows stronger is not always correct. There were phases where both, the dollar and Gold moved higher. The reason why Gold moved to a low in October 2008 was, in my opinion, not because of the stronger dollar, but rather because many hedge funds had to liquidate assets in order to cover their need for liquidity due to redemptions
    Robert Kessler says to buy 2-year Treasuries in the next crisis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqo6_4Dr-M

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

ramus (7th April 2019)

6. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Tomcat:
    Don't drink the cool-aid, all the media outlets are anti-Trump , and will spew anything to bring the market down, the market is a great barometer of his success as President. There are a lot out there trying to end his Presidency and will stop a nothing to make it happen, even collapse the economy. Hate has no bounds.
    Last edited by ramus; 7th April 2019 at 13:39.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Valerie Villars (7th April 2019)

8. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 times in 117 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by chrifri (here)
    a comment to a remark from TomKat in one of his previous posts:
    In 2008, Gold was one of the few assets that closed in positive territory. Furthermore Gold moved from 2008 to 2011 from the 2008 low at approximately 680 USD per ounce to above 1920 USD in 2011. The myth that Gold should move lower if the dollar grows stronger is not always correct. There were phases where both, the dollar and Gold moved higher. The reason why Gold moved to a low in October 2008 was, in my opinion, not because of the stronger dollar, but rather because many hedge funds had to liquidate assets in order to cover their need for liquidity due to redemptions
    Robert Kessler says to buy 2-year Treasuries in the next crisis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqo6_4Dr-M
    Buying Treasuries or bonds is, in other words, lending money to the US Treasury. Although from a price fluctuation point of view Treasuries might be a better investment than many others over the next months, buying Treasuries/lending money to a bankrupt entity does not resonate with me. Re fluctuations and re the thread title/question, I would like to mention that the title question is not really precise. I automatically assumed that the question was if the metals prices would rise in dollar terms. But what if the question really was meant to be, if precious metal prices would rise in Turkish Lira terms? Although I am sure that discussing the possible rise of Gold in Turkish Lira terms would certainly not be of interest for most, if not all, of the Forum participants, the point to where I want to lead is, how do we or shall we measure the price of the precious metals? Most do measure it in dollar terms, but some do measure it in Euros, Yuan or any other currency. For example, last year, Gold has risen substantially, when measured in Turkish Lira. The next question re measuring the Gold price maybe could be, "does Gold really fluctuate at all?" To that question, I do like James Turk's interpretation. In his many presentations he gave a couple years ago, he always mentioned that Gold does not fluctuate at all. What fluctuates are the paper currencies. In his presentations he always showed a nice graph that showed the fluctuations of monies (including Gold and Silver) compared to something real, e.g. Oil. If you measure the oil price in different currencies over the past 120 years and put that information in a chart/graph, you can see that Gold and Silver had almost no fluctuation at all, but that all the paper currencies fluctuated strongly. Furthermore the same chart/graph shows that with one once of Gold or Silver you are able to buy the same amount of oil today, and likewise were able to do so, 20, 50 or 120 years ago, while if you would use dollars or any other paper currency you would have to pay with a lot more of the paper. In other words, all paper monies have lost purchasing power compared to oil.

9. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Tomcat:
    Don't drink the cool-aid, all the media outlets are anti-Trump , and will spew anything to bring the market down, the market is a great a great barometer of his success as President. There are a lot out there trying to end his Presidency and will stop a nothing to make it happen, even collapse the economy. Hate has no bounds.
    Ramus. What market do you refer to? stock market, bond market? x market? I thought that the thread was meant to ask the Forum members if they believe that precious metals prices will rise over the next 6 months. Although the forecasting business is not easy and not even the most accurate forecasters are always 100% correct, (and that does not only go for precious metals) and therefore forecasting the next 6 months is a difficult task as such, I nevertheless do feel that if we post in this thread we should try to give opinion/information about precious metals in the best way we can. Although comments from Trump might influence at some point, at least very short term (daily basis) the Gold price, in my humble opinion I do feel that your above comment has not really added much information/value to this thread. By the way I am not against Trump and I can agree with you that almost all media outlets are anti-Trump, but to me it seems that this has not so much to do with this thread

10. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

ALL markets are effected my the media's agenda, and that is driven by the hate , which effects metal prices, bonds, everything. To what value this adds , there is no predictions that have validity, period. The thread is chasing it tale or put another way you are trying to figure out which can't be figured out. Let's try to figure out how many angels can fit on the tip of a pin might have more possibilities.
    Last edited by ramus; 7th April 2019 at 14:02.

11. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

ALL markets are effected my the media's agenda, and that is driven by the hate , which effects metal prices, bonds, everything. To what value this adds , there is no predictions that have validity, period. The thread is chasing it tale or put another way you are trying to figure out which can't be figured out. Let's try to figure out how many angels can fit on the tip of a pin might have more possibilities.
    Probably a good idea to drive this discussion out of politics and back to econimics. I suspect gold will not soar this year, that the global slowdown will continue to be gradual, i.e., a soft landing. If there is a soft landing, investors will tend to act like the slow-boiling frog and just do what they've been doing for the last year, which is keep all the markets about where they are.

12. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Probably a good idea to drive this discussion out of politics and back to econimics. I suspect gold will not soar this year, that the global slowdown will continue to be gradual, i.e., a soft landing. If there is a soft landing, investors will tend to act like the slow-boiling frog and just do what they've been doing for the last year, which is keep all the markets about where they are.
    To devoid politics from the market movements, would be like talking about agriculture leaving water out.

13. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Checking my post from April last year (post 13), I would like to make the following comments.

Gold did fluctuate in the range I predicted but only for 3 months, instead of the 6 months I expected. Gold did move above my target prices for the end of last year. The Gold/DJI ratio of 5, which I mentioned in my previous post certainly seemed to be a bit exaggerated. However on March 20 this year, we got a Gold/DJI ratio of 12.1. I did not expect to see a ratio that low in such a short time. So, in my opinion, the possibility to see a Gold/DJI ratio of below 10 over the coming 5 years is still likely.

What do I expect for the next months?

1. on a very short time 1 to 4 weeks, Gold and Silver prices might fall a bit. Gold down to 1540 and Silver back to 12.
    2. Starting in May I do expect a strong increase in the prices of both metals. An increase that will surprise most people

Further information. Silver at actual prices (and even more at a price of USD 12) is extremely cheap. Last week the Gold/Silver ratio was above 120, a new record high. Purchase of physical Gold and Silver at the moment, is very difficult or almost impossible (at least not for immediate delivery)
    Last edited by chrifri; 27th March 2020 at 13:13.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chrifri For This Post:

Connecting with Sauce (29th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2